• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Too Easy?

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
  • Anyone else find the game to be much too easy? I got the game a couple days ago and am already finished and breeding up a team for competitive play.

I didn't need to grind. Ever.

I never lost a single battle. Ever.

I wiped straight through the Elite Four.

I mopped the floor with Team Flare.

I used maybe two potions and two revives throughout the entire game.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or did I just have a really lucky runthrough?

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2013
    Despite being a kids game, it was still VERY easy. The other ones were actually difficult, my blaziken was way over the levels of the elite four, granted I did have a level 100 mewtwo from a random trade. However I didn't use him till the last Pokemon was down. But I'm hoping they add more dlc to the game like a new region or something.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I turned the Exp. Share off for more challenge. :P
    It made the game not as easy as others would say. :3

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • I turned the Exp. Share off for more challenge. :P
    It made the game not as easy as others would say. :3

I turned it off too. It was still easy. The only battles I lost, were those that I was training my competitive Pokemon at the E4. I was using a level 50 Delphox, which wiped out all E4. I lost at the Champion though.
    But still, a level 50 Delphox taking on all the Pokemon in the E4 is quite ridiculous.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I made sure my pokemon where BELOW level. Victory road Wild Mons were higher level than my team.

It was a challenge when wild pokemon could cream you.

If you want a monster collecting game to challenge you, play Shin Megami Tensai.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • If I remember, they wanted to encourage the competitive battle more, which could attest to why it was easy to run through. That and the revamped exp share... it seriously messed up my early IV training (Super training bored me most of the time).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The game wasn't very easy for me, but it wasn't hard either--it was in-between, which is just perfect. If you'd like your game to be more difficult, then you could turn your Exp. Share off. This way, you wouldn't be able to level-up your Pokémon that quickly, which, at the end, would make it harder for you to battle against other people. Either that, or you could take on a challenge such as monotype, solo, wannabe, or community.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • The game wasn't that easy for me, but it wasn't hard either--it was in-between, which is just perfect. If you'd like your game to be more difficult, then you could turn your Exp. Share off. This way, you wouldn't be able to level-up your Pokémon that quickly, which, at the end, would make it harder for you to battle against other people. Either that, or you could take on a challenge such as monotype, solo, wannabe, or community.

:D I did unevolved base pokemon til lvl 50.... gawd it was harder than I thought.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Once you're experienced enough, they're never difficult, in the old games i only struggled my first 2 playthroughs, after that its was all easy save for grinding

Pinta77

I thought it was fairly easy and that there wasnt much to do after you beat the game. I thought maybe it was because they put a lot of time and effort into making it pretty and 3D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Games like Pokémon are as easy or as hard as you want them to be, it's up to you to decide what items and Pokemon you get throughout the game you want to use that will determine the scale of difficulty for you.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • It did seem rather easy to me; at least in comparison to most of the preceding games. They just handed you all kinds of stuff: Here have a Torchic, a Kanto starter of your choice and an EXP Share that gives XP to your whole team.
    Not saying that any of that is a bad thing, kinda cool actually, but you just got all kinds of hand outs that, I think, made it too easy in some cases.

Back