• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Too Many New Evolutions?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Click the spoiler to view the sprites, there's a lot of them...
    Spoiler:

Is it just me, or do most of these seem completely unnecessary?

Dingbat

Cacnea is AWESOME.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    I agree with the first post. Some of them are pretty good, but most of them are daft.

Wingnut

Moon: 12 years and counting...
    Years
  • I agree with Dingbat. I like most of them, but the Magmar, Tangela, Lickitung, Chansey, and Nosepass evolutions all suck hard. However, I absolutely love the evo/prevos of Murkrow, Snorlax, Magneton, Mantine, Kirlia, Dusclops, Togetic, Yanma, Eevee, Snorunt, and Piloswine. The other ones are just kinda meh. So, the good outweighs the bad for me but, Man! Tangela and Magmar's evolutions really stink...

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    I agree with Dingbat. I like most of them, but the Magmar, Tangela, Lickitung, Chansey, and Nosepass evolutions all suck hard. However, I absolutely love the evo/prevos of Murkrow, Snorlax, Magneton, Mantine, Kirlia, Dusclops, Togetic, Yanma, Eevee, Snorunt, and Piloswine. The other ones are just kinda meh. So, the good outweighs the bad for me but, Man! Tangela and Magmar's evolutions really stink...

i agree with u especially evee , kirlia ,togetic,snorunt and mantine LOL i love them

but u can never have 2 many pokemon

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • the tangelo evo will rock hard and you guys just don't know it! with the new grass moves like power whip, it shall make a use of tangela (finally)!

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • Eh...I'll just say I hate the Tangela, Lickitung, Magneton, Dusclops, Kiralia, Roselia, Togetic, Yanma, and Nosepass evos... A lot of those just make me wonder, "Why?"

The Rhydon evo, while looking awesome, is completely uncessary IMO. Rhydon was big and bad enough on its own, giving it an evo just takes away what made it awesome

The new Eeveelutions were enevitable...but why did it have to be Grass and Ice types? Vaporeon already learns ice attacks on its own! Why not have a Ghost Eeveelution, or perhaps Steel?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i'll agree, the kirlia, the chansey, electabuzz and magmar, piloswine, snorunt, roselia, nosepass, rhydon, and ice eevee evolutions aren't necessary whatsoever. a ghost eevee wouldn't be necessary considering you have umbreon to contend in quite the way a ghost pokemon might, but a steel pokemon would be a much better replacement for the ice.

the new species of pokemon seem to be even better contenders than most of these evos anyway.

Seiji Tatsuo™

{|The Jester King|}
    Years
  • I like them actually. Not all of them, of course, such as Togetic's, Nosepass's and Gardenvoir's, but some of them are very, very cool. I think they're new move arsenal will make them even cooler, IMO.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Eh...I'll just say I hate the Tangela, Lickitung, Magneton, Dusclops, Kiralia, Roselia, Togetic, Yanma, and Nosepass evos... A lot of those just make me wonder, "Why?"

The Rhydon evo, while looking awesome, is completely uncessary IMO. Rhydon was big and bad enough on its own, giving it an evo just takes away what made it awesome

The new Eeveelutions were enevitable...but why did it have to be Grass and Ice types? Vaporeon already learns ice attacks on its own! Why not have a Ghost Eeveelution, or perhaps Steel?

and wind !!!!
    an evee lution with wings
    thats the one i would want my evee to evolve into

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
  • My esteemed opinion on these new evolutions:

Spoiler:

I disliked many of these at first, but they've really started growing on me. Many of these evolutions are for Pokemon that needed them desperately. I noticed in Ruby and Sapphire, I really had a hard time finding any Pokemon that I could use easily while trying to stray from my usual favorites (Blastoise, Ninetales, etc.) and almost all of these are welcome changes. I only hate two or three of the new ones.

Seiji Tatsuo™

{|The Jester King|}
    Years
  • Heh, I agree whole heartedly with Blastoise with all of them except for Magneton's evolution, Yanma's Evolution, and Snorlax's pre-evolution. I like those three personally. Though, maybe it's just moi...

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
    Years
  • I'm not too happy with the lack of Game Freak's creavity but hey if they're pokemon, I'll experiement with them to see how they work with me.

Munchlax's pre evolution and Murkrow's/Misdrevaus's evolutions are just awesome IMO.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
  • Oh yeah, and you forgot...

Spoiler:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I like most of them.
    This question may seem a little awkward considering evos of original pokemon was the main focus of the 4th generation

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • I'm kinda glad they finally made a grass type evo of Eevee. But Nosepass creeps me out. I think thats the only one that SHOULD stay a no evo. all the rest is meh, Dusclops evo dosen't look like it should evoled from it. and the apom evo was predictible.

Years
  • Some of those don't look like real Pokemon, or any kind of evolve form... but you left out the evolved form of roselia and electabuzz. In my opinion they all look like deformed deoxys, I mean with the arms and all.

Oh, my mistake. Electabuzz is there. I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • Please don't double Post! Read the rules..

Well I personally like it<3 More pokemon the better my team,I adore most of the evolutions and I can't wait to test them out!

Back