• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too many Pokemon?

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I don't know if anyone has asked this question before, but I'll ask anyway.

Does anyone feel that there are too many Pokemon to catch?
    I felt that they should have stopped at 386 (was it?) because it's really tiring trying to catch all of them, including the ones that you only get in official downloads.

Please be honest.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    i think the first 151 pokemon are classic and it should have stayed that way ^_^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm still having difficulties collecting all the Pokémon from the classic G/S/C era. I felt that back then, 251 were too much to handle. When R/S/E came out, it was beginning to get a little ridiculous. I can only sit here and wonder how many Pokémon we have to try and catch before we finally "catch 'em all."

The download-only Pokés are annoying in their own right. Why, there are fans that can't make it to America or Japan to download a Pokémon. It doesn't seem like brillant planning on Nintendo's part.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    I agree too. There can be too much of a good thing, and even tho they are all way cute, creative, and unique... it just becomes ... too much to handle. it's still alot of fun tho! =3

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I like the fact that there's so many Pokémon. x3 They're all so kawaii. But it's making the slogan "Gotta catch'em all" seem impossible now, don't ya think? XD Oh well, I don't have a problem with it. =3

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    and I'm pretty sure there will be more pokemon in the future...after all...there IS a WORLD of pokemon,right?.....>=O

but yea..I'm tired of it too....I'm still trying to get all 150 on the first series....but that's cuz I need one more,and I'm troo lazy to start over for it(omanyte)and I haven't played it in a while...and I have caught the majority in the other eras....

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes, well I understand that there doesn't seem to be an end to catching Pokémon. There will always be new ones coming out every four-ish year or so. Which is why I decided to stop trying to catch 'em all, and just catch the ones that I like. Besides, what do you get when your Pokédex is full? A certificate. Whoopee.

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    I have to agree that there are too many Pokemon... but then the series can't really continue without releasing new ones.. hmm?

Water Sage

Pocchama Expert!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2006
    Yeah, and then we'd be dead. It'll continue, they wouldn't let us down... Hopefully. Yeah... Pokemon is a HUGE franchise, and they wouldn't let us down. Uh-huh.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    There's like what...500 Pokemon so far? According to SPP, there's about 114 new Pokemon, so yeah, I think there's getting to be quite a lot. I'm not complaining though, the new games look fun and it's always exciting to see what new combinations they can come up with for Pokemon. X3

~Kelsey

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Actually, I don't mind memorising a few more pokemon names. :P The more the merrier; if there's too little pokemon, then what's the point of carrying on the series till diamond and pearl? hahas. that's my view though, I'm going for the 'more pokemon' stand~

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Well, if you think 386 is a lot, there are about 500 for you to catch now.

That's how many there's going to be in total? Good grief!

I reckon they should change the slogan to "Gotta Catch As Many As You Can!" lol
    I agree with those who say that they should've stayed at 151. The originals were classic! ^_^

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    They are getting hard to remember (all the names, numbers, types, attacks and so one). But I don't think it's too many. If they only stuck with the number they got now (not counting D/P Pokemon) then how will the games go on? If you don't bring anything new to the mix then it'll die (it would have died long ago if they just stuck with the R/B/Y set).

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    Well, I always thought it should have died during G/S/C. It was fine then, but now it's just getting ridiculous. I mean 386!?!?!? That's a frickin' lot! and as for the specil downloads, I always thought they were pretty cheap. and now there's gonna be 500!!! I hope they stop soon, personally, but I do love the series!

Water Sage

Pocchama Expert!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2006
    No, they shouldn't stop, the franchise is so many people's life, seriously, people would commit suicide...

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    More is always better.

If you don't feel like catching them all, then don't. It's as simple as that.

And I'll be frank and say that anybody who is too lazy to remember some 500 Pokémon names doesn't deserve to be a Pokémon fan. It's really not that difficult, and it's not a matter of memory - you already know probably tens of thousands of nouns, and 500 more is not too much for you unless you're mentally retarded, okay? It's laziness, pure laziness.

Back