• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Tool for Changing Number of Badges/Gyms?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2017
    Is there a tool that can change the number of Badges in the game?

I want to make a ROM hack that takes place in a very small region. A region so small that there are only five towns/cities and only room for three or four gyms. Could this idea become a reality?

I'm fairly new to ROM hacking. I was mildly into it a few years ago and so I know a few things, but I'm still mostly a beginner.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    To my knowledge there is no tool capable of that at the moment, however what you could do is basically leave out the other 5-4 gyms you don't want, (pretend as if they don't exist by getting rid of the gyms) changing your trainer card using unlzgba to make is so that there is only 3-4 places for badges, and changing the scripts of completing all the gyms with 5 badges, using xse. By that I mean, if someone where to congratulate you on completing the badge quest, you could change their script to say that once having 3-4 badges, also when entering the elite 4, allowing you to enter with 3-4 badges.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2017
    Thanks for the idea! :)

It may be a while before I can try out the idea, because I just started working on the hack, but I'll be sure to let you know if it works when I get to it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It's up to you when you make your hack if you have 4/8/16/0 gyms :) it all comes down to your scripting and mapping really.

It's also not something achievable by a tool, really, since it involves so many components - most of which people change themselves anyway.

Good luck with your hack!

Back