• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Tools of Wars?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    O.K, we all know the story with the HG/SS rival.

Some beserk son of giovanni who hates his father and Team rocket and vows to rise higher than them, steal at least two different Pokemon throughout the game, and pesterize the protagonist of the game continuously with physical and Pokemon contact.

But everywhere I seem to go in the game, people seem to have one phrase for the way he treats his Pokemon.

Like "Tools of War".

Tools of War? How in the world could you treat your Pokemon like that, besides suffocating them with bitter herbs and continuosly fainting them in battles?

Is there some method this rival uses that we can't?

But really, in general, I thin kwe all use our Pokemon for "Tools of War".

The war being Battles, Contests, Pokeathlons, etc.

How in the world can all these people accuse the rival of using his Pokemon in such a bad way when really we all do?

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I think it's because the game is gay and won't allow us to raise our Pokemon to be evil or not.

I imagine he screams violently at them and works them until they are literally unable to get up any more. Curses at them, makes them stand a certain way, makes them move a certain way, picks at them for the smallest things. Stuff like that. Just really mean to them. Won't accept failure without really ridiculously drastic punishment.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    The player isn't supposed to play their Pokémon as slaves obviously, as they have a deeper message in this, to treat animals good and whatnot.
    Sure, you could feed them bad herbs and let them die and whatnot, but that's probably as far as you'll get, if Pkmn aren't already considered Tools of War, as we make them fight all the time.

It's part of the storyline that Silver treats his Pkmn bad at the beginning, I think it's quite obvious how he does it, when you think of it.
    Not like, what he could do in-game, but how people treat animals bad in particular.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    I don't want to hurt your feelings, but pokemon don't really exist.
    It is fiction.
    So who cares what we do?
    Fiction was made to let us do what we can't do in reality.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Silver treats his Pokemon badly, he doesn't treat them like slaves. He doesn't have any secrets like that :/

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    IF you've ever seen the anime and Ash's current rival, Paul, then that should give you an idea of how Silver treats his pokemon.

God-awful lmao.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    I don't want to hurt your feelings, but pokemon don't really exist.
    It is fiction.
    So who cares what we do?
    Fiction was made to let us do what we can't do in reality.

What do you mean pokemon isn't real? 0.o

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

Yeah, Silver just trains them 'til they drop. Hence how Golbat hasn't fell in love with him. However, when he goes to the Dragon's Den (probably due to weak wild pokemon) he doesn't let his pokemon faint, so he now has a Crobat. And a happy Feraligatr/Meganium/Typhlosion wandering around behind him

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    He does come around though, he ends up returning the stolen pokemon to the Professor.
    Erm when....how.....I have beat the elite 4 twice and Red once and got all badges. I havent though the double battle between lance and clair yet i dont know how to get to it.

Can you help me

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Erm when....how.....I have beat the elite 4 twice and Red once and got all badges. I havent though the double battle between lance and clair yet i dont know how to get to it.

Can you help me
    Go to dragon's Den to the back of the building in the middle of it. (Try asking questions in the Help thread next time, btw). =p

Also everyone please get on topic - as amusing as it is, the topic isn't discussing whether Pokemon is real or not. ;p

Years
    Are you kidding me?
    Pokemon is part of imagination.
    Do you see real pokemon in the nature?

You'd best not take these people too seriously.

And, I could think of some things "bad" he could do to his pokemon...

<_<

>_>

INNUENDOINNUENDOINNUENDOINNUENDOINNUENDOINNUENDO

Back