• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 10 games to have on a deserted island

TY

10. Battlefield 4

I only play this to derp around and being worlds most suicidal Medic there ever has been. This results into me dying but my teammates staying alive. Lot's of MP time for it though :3

9. C&C Red Alert 1

I still need to finish this godforsaken game >.>

8. Terraria.

Build, explore! KILL! Yeah this game could last ages if I'm playing... building a fort is top priority for me in Terraria and that takes a looooooooooong time :P

7. Borderlands 2

Still need to get Krieg to lvl 72 and that spare time really could help :(

6. Age of Empires II HD Edition

I need to get better at this game... I must. Else I might get owned by my very own girlfriend who plays it probably more than me atm D:

5. C&C Tiberian Sun

Cannot exclude my childhood out of this list :P

4. Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Creating sick cars was my way of killing time a while ago... I want to do that again.

3. StarCraft II

because obvious reasons (being a RTS game, completing it on the hardest difficulty, etc.)

2. Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Like BF4, I derp a lot in FPS games, and I can have a good laugh online with it aswell :D

1. C&C Red Alert 2

Because of the Mental Omega mod for it... That is all you need to know 8)

Yukari

I'm really loving this image of all these people that have an entire island to themselves, to explore and shape how they will, and they're playing video games...
    Actually the best thing to do if you're on a stranded island is to stay in one place. You'd be surprised how boring survival can get.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Actually the best thing to do if you're on a stranded island is to stay in one place. You'd be surprised how boring survival can get.

Not sure there's a "best" thing to do in a hypothetical island with electricity and internet but only for video games. We're already in fantasy land here, pretty sure survival doesn't have to be an issue if you don't want it to be.

Years
    Why not just use the internet connection to request help to get off the island?

Would you rather...
    - Be rescued and live the life of a prisoner, to the modern world, and carry on with daily life
    - Or live in peace and freedom, and do whatever you like
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    (: I joke :)

Years
    Would you rather...
    - Be rescued and live the life of a prisoner, to the modern world, and carry on with daily life
    - Or live in peace and freedom, and do whatever you like
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    (: I joke :)

Yes, 10 games can get old pretty quickly considering I can beat almost any game with 24 hours, so why be stuck with only 10 games that will last me enjoyment for around a month and then I'm completely bored with nothing to do?

Yukari

Not sure there's a "best" thing to do in a hypothetical island with electricity and internet but only for video games. We're already in fantasy land here, pretty sure survival doesn't have to be an issue if you don't want it to be.
    I would reply with a counter to this... But there's point to arguing about a hypothetical island. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yes, 10 games can get old pretty quickly considering I can beat almost any game with 24 hours, so why be stuck with only 10 games that will last me enjoyment for around a month and then I'm completely bored with nothing to do?

The point of the topic is to pick games that would be best in this scenario, which, in my opinion, should include games that can't really be beaten, like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Minecraft, etc. You should pick games that will last a long time and won't get boring. Something timeless, I should say. Or a game you can play countless times and not get bored (in my case, Pokemon Emerald). Saying you'd use the internet connection to get help it just out of the spirit of the topic and you're a party pooper. :<

Years
    What is the point? If you have free endless internet, why not download games online? (Don't do it, some of them are illegal) And watch vids, and basically do whatever you normally do. BTW it will be an awkward conversation on a dating website...
    Lady: "So where do you live"
    Man: "On a deserted island"
    Lady : "Okay... *awkwardly smile* what do you do?"
    Man: "Play games"
    ------------------------------YOUR CALL HAS BEEN CUT------------------------------
    But If I had to these are the games: The Amazing Spiderman 1,2 Game (endless swinging!), Minecraft (Endless ENDS!), Pokemon X (never gets boring). Other games like Dota, I can simply download.

Last edited:

Yukari

What is the point? If you have free endless internet, why not download games online? (Don't do it, some of them are illegal) And watch vids, and basically do whatever you normally do. BTW it will be an awkward conversation on a dating website...
    Lady: "So where do you live"
    Man: "On a deserted island"
    Lady : "Okay... *awkwardly smile* what do you do?"
    Man: "Play games"
    ------------------------------YOUR CALL HAS BEEN CUT------------------------------
    But If I had to these are the games: The Amazing Spiderman 1,2 Game (endless swinging!), Minecraft (Endless ENDS!), Pokemon X (never gets boring). Other games like Dota, I can simply download.
    Because you're supposed to pick out ten games that best fit this scenario for fun! You aren't trying to pick in case this would actually happen; it's just for fun.

Oh, was this thread based off this video?

Last edited:
    Years
    The Last of Us
    As evident by my sister playing this game more than 5 times on the same difficulty (will never understand why she didn't up the level, but okay...), this game was beyond good enough to warrant multiple replays on single-player mode. The game mechanics were interactive enough to make me want to keep playing, and even though it does eventually end, the challenge of upping the difficulty makes you want to replay the game.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    One of my favourite games, and I'm not adding it to my list because of that reason. More so because the story was well-done, and it would make me want to replay the game multiple times, regardless of whether it's basically going through the same events over, and over. A game as good as this one deserves replays.

Bravely Default
    Haven't beaten this game myself, to be quite honest, but the mechanics of this game are particularly interesting even though they are rather similar to traditional turn-based RPGs. Nevertheless, the cute animations, comedic lines within the story, and the loveable characters make it to my list!

Katamari Forever
    Or any game from the Katamari series for that matter. All you do is roll objects up, making the ball as large as possible. What more do you need? I particularly liked Katamari Forever more than other instalments because you have the presence of cousins, and presents that act as collectibles that you can obtain throughout the game. Not only that, but there are endless modes that can be unlocked for the levels.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
    Have to have at least one MMO on the list because they can be endless, in theory. Granted that you're allowed to interact with people in games even though you're on a deserted island, this would be a nice reminder that there is still civilization elsewhere XD

As for the rest, I think I'd have to include: Tales of Xillia, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VIII, and Theathrhythm Final Fantasy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Really guys, if you're gonna try to find loopholes and not get into the spirit of the situation the topic presents, don't bother posting. You'll just make me sad. ;(

Back