• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 5 most elegant pokemon designs

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years
    Alright, you've seen my previous thread on the top 5 most ridculous pokemon designs. Now, here is the opposite. Please don't mistake me, I mean 'elegant', not 'favourite'. For these critters to be elegant, they have to look realistic to me, not overstated, not something like the famous arceus. They don't have to look pretty or pleasing to the eyes. As long as they have the perfect tone which fits in the environment that they are in, I would rank them amognst the top 5.

MOST ELEGANT DESIGN: Milotic
    Never thought that an eel would look just like a mermaid which personifies the sense of beauty that fits with the environment that it is in, more commonly the seas of hoenn. In addition, those scales add more content into its marine nature.

1st runner up: Dragonair
    I really love this pokemon. It was designed for the seas and thunderstorms, and of course worthy of a position in pokemon contests under the hands of a coordinator.

2nd runner up: Eevee
    Plain and simple. I don't know why I love it so much, but it has been my favourite Pokémon ever since I became a Pokémon fan.

3rd runner up: Might be Exploud
    Although this critter might look ugly, there is something about its monstrosity that fits with its cave's environment.

4th runner up: Articuno
    Feast your eyes on this lovely legendary bird. First of all, it is not just its appearance that makes it the 5th amongst my ranks, but it is also its physiology that fits with its elemental typing.

So what are your top 5? Or maybe top 10? Make this thread lively!

Last edited:

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    1. Cradily. This monstrosity is a Anemone! And can walk! it lives on the seafloor, it's rock and grass type, and it's green. It's also smooth.

2. Vaporeon. It shines, and is practically a mermaid.

3. Seel. Cute, and elegant.

That's all I can think of ATM. :)

αѕн.

PKMN Master
    Years
    These Are Mine :

• Vaporeon - mermaid.
    • Luvdisc - Heart Shaped :3
    • Eevee - Small , Cute , And Evos Into Lodes Of Pokes.
    • Arcainine - Witness True Beauty!

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Top 8

1. Gardevoir - Ballroom gown, moves gracefully, has a red eye that's somewhat attractive, hair design(or is it hair?).

2. Froslass - She's wearing a kimono, is a ghost that floats through the air, has eyes that look monstrously awesome.

3. Espeon - It's a psychic cat, lavender(a gentle color), has a ruby on its head, has a forked soft tail and soft fur.

4. Moltres - It's basically a Phoenix. I love the grace of the flaming plummage.

5. Suicune - Need I say more?

6. Kirlia - It has a skirt. Graceful like a dancer.

7. Glaceon - Errh, running out of things too say.

8. Dunsparce - Lol at Exploud. :D

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    1. Suicune = Easily the top dog cat legendary beast of the suave Pokemon. Sleek, sexy and kickass.
    2. Milotic = Can't deny this one. It's just...elegant.
    3. Dragonair = I'm partial towards Dragonite, and I like the sleekness Dragonair presents.
    4. Ninetales = Obligatory because it's meant to be elegant.
    5. Rapidash = Especially its shiny.
    6. Entei = Looks like one of, if not the most mature Pokemon in existence. Too bad it sucks lol
    7. Gardevoir = *deep sigh* Fine...
    8. Salamence = It's cool and elegant, all at once.
    9. Pidgeot = I like its hairline lmao.
    10. Linoone = I don't know why, but it just has a sleek design I like.

Ayselipera

1. Absol - To me it just says sexy and graceful. I mean the colors and the little blade on the head = sexy/graceful... Yes I'm calling a pokemon sexy. XD

2.Ninetales - Well until they added the brown on the tips of its tails I always thought its all white coat made it very graceful looking.

3. Jynx - Although many would disagree I think Jynx is really graceful. I mean yeah shes a little odd looking, but its the only pokemon I can think of with a bra and dress and some gloves. Plus she dances. Sounds like graceful to me.

4. Staryu/Starmie - A pretty star with a gem in the middle and it moves very swiftly.

5. Gorebyss - It just always stood out to me as being something special. And I just realized that it has a little shell bra. hahaha yup.

Years
    I think elegance is taking something little and making it go a long way. To me that means a simple design that still looks good or a concept that really came out well.

1. Masquerain (this is the only one I'm really sure of - most elegant of 'em all)
    2. Ampharos
    3. Cacturne
    4. Togekiss
    5. Gastrodon
    6. Cresselia
    7. Chinchou
    8. Chansey
    9. Dratini
    10. Venomoth

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    1) Articuno

2) Espeon

3) Dragonair

4) Milotic (you knew it was in here somewhere xD)

5) Cresselia (Dont know why, but it strikes me as elegant. :S)

I actually had a really hard time choosing. :S I have to mention Pokemon such as Suicune, Lugia, Jirachi, Meanium, Lumineon (again, someow strikes me as elegant) and Ninetales. :D

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    Kecleon: I strongly believe if we venture far enough into the rain forests we'll find a society of Kecleon. They look perfect for wooded areas or grass lands. Definetely my favorite Pokemon design.

Corsola: I think it's a very decent looking water Pokemon. It works well for what it's meant to be.

Porygon: Fantastic design for a computer generated Pokemon. Porygon 2 and Porgygon-Z are very clever as well.

Leafeon: Beautiful looking Pokemon. I can imagine them living in grasslands.

Tropius: Aside from the fact that I think it's awesome that fruit grows on it, I think it's a great design for a grass Pokemon. The flying bit is a little unrealistic (though no less cool), but I can imagine them living in wooded or grassy areas on tropical islands.

Magnezone gets an honorable mention for being the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Gyarados and Ho-Oh are my favorites when it comes to elegant appeal, there's an intimidating grace about the both of them that captivates me.

Dragonfly Z

Frozen Soul
    Years
    5.Articuno-Strikes me as graceful somehow.
    4.Gorebyss-It's pretty. That's enough grace for me lol.
    3.Ninetails-The only Fire-type I love. Sigh...
    2.Dragonair-Not Dratini, not Dragonite, but Dragonair!
    1.Gardevoir-Seems graceful because it looks like its a dancing Pokemon. Dancing around gracefully with its dress (I think) and arms swaying....

Yup. :)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    5. Cleffa

This looks just like an infant of Clefairy. I reckon it is the best baby Pokemon since it resembles the rest of its line the most.

4. Ninetales

It truly is a nine tailed fox with the eyes of a demon. I could see it being a demon that lives for 1000 years and casting curses on whoever that may stumble on its tail.

3. Jirachi

It really does look like a wish maker, it has a cute little hat with three tags(I noticed they were different colour in GenIV) and its hat is in the shape of star a symbol of wishes.

2. Feebas

Ugly indeed, which makes it more appropriate for its description.

1. Giratina

A ghostly serpent that resides in a world of shadows. Giratina certainly suits the Distortion World and it's serpent shape body and ghostly features gives it a perfect typing.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    1. Articuno
    2. Suicune
    3. Eevee
    4. Tropius
    5. Lapras
    6. Ninetales
    7. Rapidash
    8. Ho-oh
    9. Absol
    10. Delcatty

I just can't resist posting all top ten. XD

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    I began collecting fall/autumn Pokemon recently (Zigzagoon, Sentret, Pineco, etc.) and in an attempt to complete my collection, I recieved a Mothim over GTS. I never really payed much attention to this Pokemon before. Maybe it's because it's a moth Pokemon, and I generally ignore bug types altogether. But now that I've taken a closer look at it, I see that Mothim is truely beautiful. It's color scheme is gorgeous.
    I didn't even know this Pokemon's name a week ago, and now I've fallen in love with it.

Back