• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top Gear Anyone?

Years
  • Right now I'm sitting in my lounge about to watch the new series of Top Gear which is starting tonight in the UK (for those of you who don't know Top Gear is a BBC Motoring programme, it's quite light hearted and funny in places) and I was wondering if anyone on here watches it! So that's my question anyone here watch Top Gear, do you like it or dislike it?

Until The Next Time, Dippydunker

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
    Years
  • Since I'm nor from UK,or USa or from EU or from any plac ewith an acronym,no never watched but maybe I'll crawl in the net searching for it

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    YES. I don't have cable or I'd be right there with you. Seen every episode they've done. Because of Top Gear, I agonize over never, ever being able to afford a Zonda.

Years
  • Yeah, I know it's not broadcast to that many places across the globe, but where it is from what I've heard it's quite popular!

YES. I don't have cable or I'd be right there with you. Seen every episode they've done. Because of Top Gear, I agonize over never, ever being able to afford a Zonda.

lol, I here you there man!

Last edited:

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Yeah, I know it's not broadcast to that many places across the globe, but where it is from what I've heard it's quite popular!

On behalf of America, I apologize for our version of Top Gear. I watched 15 minutes of one episode and that was enough.

Years
  • On behalf of America, I apologize for our version of Top Gear. I watched 15 minutes of one episode and that was enough.

Didn't know America had their own version! I will have to look it up, although out of the different incarnations of the show I have seen, I much prefer May, Clarkson and Hammond presenting!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Oh yes Top Gear is wonderful.

The one thing I don't know that I like about it though is how obviously staged all the "accidents" are, or most of them anyway. But it's still funny when you watch it without thinking about that.

Also, is that 5th Gear thing the American version? If so then yes groteske your apology is most accepted.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Haha, too right, Porsches are awesome.

Personally, I love Top Gear. I got into it rather late, I was around 12 at the time, but I've seen tons of episodes, watch every new one (Except tonight, sadly), and love it so much I can actually watch the same one twice in a day on Dave (only when there's no other good t.v. though).

Nihilego

Years

• Haha, too right, Porsches are awesome.

Personally, I love Top Gear. I got into it rather late, I was around 12 at the time, but I've seen tons of episodes, watch every new one (Except tonight, sadly), and love it so much I can actually watch the same one twice in a day on Dave (only when there's no other good t.v. though).

Oh what the hell there was a new one tonight? Seems I missed it. Which channel was it on?

And lol, Dave is more or less just repeats of Top Gear and Dragons' Den.

Nihilego

Years
  • It was on BBC 2 at 8pm, Should be on Iplayer now if you looked :)

Yeah that's what I was asking for lol. Although I could've just found it anyway.

So since this a bit of a closed-ended discussion right now, let's talk about the things that have been done on there. What's anyone's favourite challenge Hammond, May and Clarkson have been set?

Years
  • My favourite challenge they were set was probably the one when they travelled to the north pole.... But I also like the Vietnam special, that was pretty hillarious!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Not the biggest car fan but Top Gear is amusing, used to watch it every Sunday but i seem to miss it now. I watch old episodes on "Dave" a couple of times a week as well. ^^

Years
  • I don't watch it since I don't really care about cars, but I've seen some of it and I think it's pretty funny. I loved the episode where they drove through the the U.S. South and the 'decorations' they gave to each others' cars.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    The episodes when they traveled through Bolivia & Iceland were great. I was a fan of both car-into-boat episodes as well. Oh yeah, and when May brought the Bugatti to top speed - he reacted the same way I think I would in that position. Just awestruck.

Another spin-off: what's your favorite car that's been featured on the show?

Mine are the Zonda F, Ascari, Maserati MC12, and the Noble. Can't pick just one.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think I must be one of the few people in the world that does not care at all for Top Gear lol. Even my female friends who know nothing about cars seem to love it because they think it's quick-witted... but I just don't get it. That's just me though; I guess millions of people can't be wrong.

Though I would also like to apologise on behalf of Australia for our version of Top Gear, which is basically British Top Gear without anything that makes British Top Gear watchable.

Years
  • I have never really watched the series as its first aired, I just occasionally watch the repeats on Dave.

Its always funny though, it's a great show and they did an episode in Boro which is always a good thing (even though it slated us to hell and focused on art).

Back