• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top Ten Anime

Lavabyle

Merry Christmas!
    Years
    Well, i noticed there was no thread depicting your top 10 anime titles, and if there was, it died a long time ago. Well, this is a thread to talk about your top ten list of anime, so users looking to find a new anime to watch can always come here. If you don't have ten, simply post what you do have, but please don't post with less than 3 titles in mind. Please state the reason why your picks are what they are, and please no flaming of lists or specific anime titles. This is simply a thread to state your oppinion of anime that really impacted you, [e.g. funny, inspirational, groundbreaking, etc.] So, i guess i'll start this off:

1.) Neon Genesis Evangelion: Deeply pschological, and very moving in an inspirational way. It makes you think about what everything in the world really is, while providing you with defined characters and a mesmerizing story. Definitely my number one, and if you haven't seen it its definitely worth checking out.

2.) Elfen Lied: Yes, i know theres some nudity, and a LOT of blood and gore, but beyond all that is such a deeply blended story it surpasses all others. It blends romance, horror, science fiction, everything really in such a perfect medly of suspense, story, character. The artwork is breathtaking at times, and the story is developed to lengths you could never imagine. Every characters story weaves in and out of others, and each is individually defined. Such a masterpiece packed into 13 episodes is hard to find, but fortunately this is one of them.

3.) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: A lighthearted anime with a deep message behind it. A very unique anime in itself, because the episodes don't go in chronological order. The storyline keeps you guessing and has a deep message behind it. Trapped in your own logic, deep yet lighthearted. Lovable characters, defined personalities. A real fun anime to watch.

4.) Air (TV): I personally love this one, it just has such a cozy feel to it. The artwork is as expected of this year, and the story evolves in a beautiful way. As you're watching this series, its as if you're living a dream. It starts out simple, but then quickly changes in the middle episodes, and goes down a very complex route. A sad anime, but its not something i would have liked to miss out on.

5.)Mai HiME: Well, when saw the first few episodes, i was thinking an all girl cast with power ranger magic. That's basically what it is, then they introduce a ton of characters and start developing the main story. IF you stick around though, around episode 17, everyone's story links together, and it really is intense. It must be the deepest romance i've ever seen, and i'm completely serious. The ending could have been better, but i enjoyed this series tremendously nonetheless.

6.) Fate/Stay Night: More of an action/shonen kind of show, but i really enjoyed it. Those who played the game say it could have been better prtrayed, but me having never heard of it before watching it made me unswayed. The story is original, the artwork is crisp, and the battles are intense. There's an element of romance, and yet everything about this anime is just so......cool. I love the characters, the story, everything. Definitely worth checking out.

7.)Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Another romance =3 This starts out you're average romance, guy likes girl, girl is shy, they hook up. Although, around ep 2, the plot takes an unexpected twist [unnamed so i don't spoil] The rest of the show focuses on the effect this had on those around her, and what they end up doing. This anime is very believeable, and incredibly saddening. The characters have hidden bonds to one another, that they cannot express, because they feel they have an obligation to the one they hurt. The ending had left me bawling. Yet another 13 episode masterpiece.

8.) Basilisk: Book of Koga ninja arts: I watched the first 2 eps, and was about to drop it. They completely give the wrong impression. In the end two clans need to fight against each other, and the two heads of the clan are in love. The artwork and animation is superb, and the character designs lean on more realistic. It may not sound original, but the conflicts throughout are very complex, and this is worth checking out if you like deep stories, and involving animation.

9.) School Rumble: This one is lighthearted, like comedy lighthearted. It focuses on a girl who can't express her feelings, and a delinquent who loves her, but is shy as well. There are a ton of characters involved, and a ton to which are highly lovable. This show goes through their adventures in school and what happens along the way. So far 2 seasons are out, and 2 ovas, third season to come! Definitely good to watch after any of the deep titles mentioned above =D

10.) FMA: This was my first anime actually, which got me into the genre. It has lovable characters, an intense plot, and deep character development as well. I'm sure everyone's seen this, so if you haven't its worth checking out.

Well im finally finished, but lastly there's pokemon of course, cus its just fun, funny, and fun to watch in every way xD

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    My top 10 anime~x3

InuYasha - Kanna and Hakudoushi, ftw 8D I[Kagome x Inuyasha though deserves no mercy it's so pitiful o_o; My opinion..] I've been a fan since 2002,never will stop being one. ^^ Even if it's the center of flame from die-hard anime critics,it's a really sweet series that doesn't deserve so much overratedness from fanatical creeps [that includes myself x3;] o_o; This series definately keeps me in a happy mood <333

Neon Genesis Evangelion - At first,I didn't know WHAT to think when I first saw this series [since the first episode I saw was Episode 26 xDD] After watching it,my brain swelled and it even made my sister CRY xDDD I was smart enough to investigate more of this series,and overall,this series is a MASTERPIECE o__o I can almost relate to most characters on more than one occasion,and unlike many other anime,the main character [Shinji] isn't one of those tough till the end type of guys.The theme song is kickass too n__n For those who haven't seen Eva,you've missed out on alot. >3 It's very complex,that much I will warn you about though XD

Azumanga Daioh - It's simple,cute and sweet ♥ Definately enjoyable ^-^

Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - At first I thought it was another one of these "extrmemly overatted ending theme" series,but,after watching the series,it owned my heart XD It was definately a great series and left me with my sides hurting from laughter on many occasions x3

Gundam SEED/Destiny - Gundams are kickarse period ;D [yea,I'm like the only girl in my school who likes mechas xD] But seriously,hawt guys + pink haired singing idol + awesome mechas = love for me X3

FLCL - It was---weird.But hey,I'm weird,it's weird,we match nyoro XD Plus,Naota was kawaii love <3333

Ranma 1/2 - The plots and twists,the hilarious fights,and the overall creativity of this show is awesome.Excellent series from top to bottom x3

Konjiki No Gash Bell - I hate to admit I am not as big of a fan of it as I used to be,but it's still a very cute anime I enjoy watching x3

Crayon Shinchan - Okay.To sum it up,dub totally PWNS the sub.It's the series that left me dying on my floor on weeday nights.Yes,Shinchan <3 The bunny tip was great for me xD Thumbs up series for me :D

Fullmetal Alchemist - It was a great series,I'm rewatching it at the moment,the ending songs and characters were my overall fav part n.n

And that's my top 10 series ._. Call me a loser,but I seriously don't have a fav series...all anime is okay to me some way or another =]

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    01. Grave of the Fireflies - Without a doubt, the single best anime ever. It's just a movie, but it was able to do a lot more than most anime these days can do in their entire runs. Considering when it was made, the animation was great, the OST was really great, it added so much more to the movie and is just generally good to listen to. I'd never really seen an anime deal with the topic that GotF did before and since then I've seen a few that deal with the same topic, but none has ever come close to being this good.

02. Turn A Gundam - My favorite Gundam TV series and really one of the last good Gundams made. It had a great idea of mixing the technological aspect of Gundam with the Victorian age setting. It's a character driven series and as such, we learn a lot about the characters and come to care for them so much. Every time a character died, you would feel bad, these are the people that you've learned so much about and more so than almost any Gundam, it was able to make the characters seem human.

03. Keroro Gunso - Even though it's not over yet, I have no problems placing this on my top ten list. This show is a perfect example of what can be done when a production team generally try to make an interesting and humorous show. The jokes actually make me laugh, I love all the characters and there's basically an archetype in each of the frogs that a lot of people can identify with.

04. Cyborg 009 - 2003 - This is one of my favorites for many reasons, but the number one reason I like this is because it shows how to balance a cast of large characters. On a production view, I love the animation, I'm a huge fan of the retro look and it reminds me so much of the manga. It also has some of the best music I've heard in a while, OST, opening and ending, I loved them. The core cast was so diverse, there was literally a character that almost anyone could identify with.

05. Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket - I found this series to be interesting because of the way the protagonist was viewed and how he changed over the course of the series. Seeing a young boy going from thinking that war is something cool and just a game to realizing how horrible it can really be is great. The ending is poignant and really gets across the message of just how grim the realities of war can be. I think this is the only Gundam that's been able to do it in a realistic manner. It had great characters and the animation was pretty good for it's time, loved the mech designs as well. Some people find the main character to be annoying, but that was the whole point. He was a young and naive boy who had absolutely no experience with war, he was just a kid and was forced into a situation where we had to leave behind all his preconceived notions about war just being a game.

06. Cowboy Bebop - Some people may think it's over hyped, but I always say believe the hype. This truly is one of the best shows made in the past few decades. The main point that stands out about this anime is of course, the music. The OSTs, the songs, they were all wonderfully made and added such an extra dimension to the show itself. Even though is was an episodic series for the most part, it was still great. It had its own style that no anime has been able to copy to this day.

07. Kikaider - A short OVA series, but it was still a great series. It had the retro style that I love in anime so much and really reminded me of the old tokusatsu and manga. Some people found the show to be confusing, but it really wasn't. It's just the struggle of someone trying to understand his own faults and come to terms with the fact that he can never have what he wants. It's the story of a tragic hero done right, more or less.

08. Samurai Champloo - Another great anime from the mind of Shinichiro Watanabe. He was able to replicate the great atmosphere that he first achieved in Cowbop Bebop. As with Cowboy Bebop, the music played an integral part in the show. It helped with the stylization of the Samurai and feudal-Japan. Like many of Watanabe's other works, the main theme of this show is that you can't run from your past no matter how hard you try. This is really one of the only shows that I think really got that message across in a fun yet solid manner.

09. Kanon - Easily my favorite "slice of life" anime. It's got a great cast, the OST is really nice, not fond of the songs, but aside from that, I love the series, always have. The new version is a lot better than the older version, but they're both still pretty great shows.

10. Kaleido Star - This is one of the few shows from the last few years that I can really call a visual masterpiece. It relied heavily on the imagery and settings and it doesn't disappoint. Some of the characters may seem generic, but they're able to breathe new life into the overdone roles that they portray. The imagery and plots were great here, there's not much about this show that I didn't like.

Honorable Mentions: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Dr. Slump, Cardcaptor Sakura, Digimon Tamers, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    1-Fruits Basket- Even though its a shojo anime, I really like it. It has very complicated character plots, and storylines. I've watched them over and over, it never gets old to me. Tohru x Kyou shall live forever. It has lots of different aspects, such as them turning into the animals of the zodiac. But don't get me wrong, I never watch the English, the voices are horrible IMO

2- Inuyasha- I LOVE Inuyasha. It almost ranks number one, but since I despise one of the characters, it goes in second. I love how demons are used and all the action. Normally I don't care for lots of romance (Fruits Basket is the only exception) but Inuyasha x Kagome and Miroku x Sango are awesome

3- Fullmetal Alchemist
    - Well, I haven't seen as much of this as the others, but since I like sci-fi this is pretty appealing. Its just a good show to watch, and easy to RP

4- Naruto- I've seen almost all of this. I hate the English voices! Naruto sounds like a girl. I only watch it in SUBS. I like it because I liked that sorta ninja action style. Also it connects into my karate a little. Plus it has one of my favorite characters, Kiba, and is easy to RP

5-Spirited Away- Yeah, its only a movie but I can't get enough. It has lots of stuff from older Japan, like the bath houses. It doesn't have as much action, but it does have a unique story line and great character development

6- Sailor Moon- It is a favorite. I like all the characters, and the plot. I do think the Japanese is better, but the English is more enjoyable for me to watch.

7- SGT Frog (Keroro Gunso)- Well I got started with the manga, but then I found the anime. I think its hilarious, and doesn't get old. The character development is awesome, and I often find my self laughing at the things that happen to them

8-Cardcaptor Sakura- I almost forgot about this. I love the plot lines, and the cards. The shippings are really cute too, and I enjoy supporting them. Though, it does get a tad old, I do enjoy watching it every once in a while

And thats all the anime I'm watching at the moment. Though I do plan to add Bleach and Shaman King ot my lists in the future.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2007
    My gosh this was a hard list to come up with.

I really love Anime,but picking favorites is painful! It's almost like a mother telling her children that she loves one more than the other...!

10. Love Hina (I can't honestly figure out why I like this show, but darn it if it wasn't the first series in manga/anime that I got all together and it was worth it.)

9. .hack// (DVD boxsets make me happy, right now I've got only Sign, but I'm working on it... Anyway the whole series is great! Go Sora-kun! BOING!)

8. Samurai Champloo (Very amusing anime. My brother and I bought the complete DVD set, but the seller was a dud and all we got were badly burned copies... *sigh* Still good though!)

7. Bleach (I'm watching this on Cartoon Network right now and loving every minute of it. I would be getting the manga, but I haven't had any spare money for that because it's almost Christmas... I have high hopes for my birthday money though!)

6. Full Metal Alchemist (Doesn't everyone have a warm fuzzy place in their hearts for the Elric's? I do!)

5. FLCL (Random, short, wonderful! Fooly Cooly!)

4. Cowboy Bebop (It's really sad when you see the last two episodes of a series first... It's amazing that I got into it without any trauma. This is one of the best series I've ever seen. Go Ed and Ein! *cheers*)

3. Loveless (What can I say about this? So very pretty...! That's all! If only there was a Legal Drug [CLAMP] anime...)

2. X - (By the very amazing CLAMP. I've only seen the first four episodes, but I love it enough to become a rabid fan. I'm praying for X DVD's for Christmas!)

1. Cardcaptor Sakura (Very sweet series that I recommend to anyone really! The English version makes this series out to be a terrible load of poopies, so I had to collect the Manga and DVD's when I realized my first anime had been destroyed. Now I'm an even bigger fan of CLAMP. I worship the femme four! I've almost completed my manga collection [6 to go] and I've keep the DVD's in a zip lock bag and in my shiny things vault for safe keeping...)

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    In the order I remember them:

1. Pokemon - Actually, I don't like the TV series that much, but it's Japanese version was alright, and it impacted me more then any other anime, even though that was years ago.

2. Full Moon wo Sagashite - Wonderful story. I watched this in 2004/2005.

3. Galaxy Angel - Very funny. Unbelievably amazing unforgettable characters. TONs of music too. I watched the first 3 seasons in 2004/2005, and the fourth season in 2006. I hope somebody subs Galaxy Angel 2. Vanilla and Milfuelle have become two of my favourite characters of all time.

4. School Rumble - Very funny. I watched season 1 in 2005, and season two in 2006. Season two had really awesome ending theme songs.

5. Love Hina - This was my favourite anime up until I watched Full Moon wo Sagashite. Made me really love anime. This series has kickass music. Watched in 2002/2003.

6. Naruto - Still watching it. Sasuke Uchiha has become my favourite male character of all time. Itachi's up there too. XD Very intense and interesting anime. Watched in 2006. First seen in 2002/2003, but never got into it. Awesome musical works.

7. Inuyasha - I love Sesshomaru and Rin! Overall, wonderful characters. Good J-pop selection. Watched in 2006. Still reading its manga. I am truly disappointed they ended at episode 167. They should've kept going! So many interesting things happen aferwards.

8. D.N. Angel - Heartwarming anime, awesome music. Cool characters. Watched 2004/2005.

9. Bleach - Watched 2004/2005/2006. Awesome characters, intense plot. I love Zaraki Kenpachi & Ichigo's inner hollow.

10. Spiral - Awesome characters, plot, but hella stupid ending! Watched in 2004/2005. Worth rewatching. Truly memorable.

I have 900 gigs of anime, so this list was *almost* hard to make.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    So many good shows...this isn't in any order [I wouldn't be able to decide, then]:

- Fruits Basket ~ it was such a sweet, warm anime, with equally as sweet messages and lovable characters. Tohru actually inspired me to act kinder~ Her messages really influenced me and I took everything very seriously.. XD *dork*
    - Full Moon wo Sagashite ~ it's an anime I've recently started getting into, but it was also as sweet as Fruits Basket. And pretty sad. ._. But I loved it, nevertheless. The songs were cute, too..
    - Naruto ~ kinda overrated and fillers get on my nerve, but it's an anime I would never be able to really put down. Great cast of characters and an anime very easy to get obsessed over [and point homosexual accusations].
    - Deathnote ~ provoking, suspenseful, has an intense plotline. One of the more serious ones. I love it.
    - FMA ~ ..Roy. ♥♥♥
    - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ~ it was pretty good for 14 episodes. they had great characters and Kyon's narration was pretty funny.

I'm going to stop there, 'cause there are soooo many animes I have/want to watch before deciding. Neon Genesis Evangelion, Grave of the Fireflies, Kanon..etc etc.

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    Eh, I'm not sure if I have ten. o__O

1. Naruto. It is just plain KICK-BUTT. The characters (Kiba...) and the storyline and everything! I love the music and the action they put in it along with humor and occasional romance.

2. Sergent Keroro. I doubt that a lot of people knows this anime but it is AWESOME. At first glance, it may seem as a kid's show (I thought so, at first) but trust me, it's not. For one thing, Natsumi has been walked on without a shirt on and there are several things that little kids shouldn't watch. Its humor never fails to make me laugh. xDD Natsumi is so awesome. X33

Wow... only two. o___O I like DNAngel but I haven't seen a lot of it... only two episodes.
    Risa is adorable though, and the bashers need to lay off of her.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Unfortunately, I don't have a top 10. I could always add every Anime I've ever watched, but let's just say that they didn't have much of an impact on me. So, I chose these four.

1. Death Note - The title definatley grasped my attention, and that's what people first look for when finding an anime to watch. There are currently only 12 episodes, but that's enough for me to say that it deserves a place here. The plot was interesting, and the characters possess unique personalities. The idea that anyone can die causes the viewers to be much more interested, and there were parts where they seemed to change so suddenly, that I usually find myself to have no idea how the makers will end it. The artwork of the characters were well done, their faces matched their personalities, and their expressions were very detailed.
    2. Naruto - The characters are one of points that have the anime to be worth watching for me. I thought that the story was original, and I never seemed to get tired of it because it's always changing, yet not losing the main plot. The artwork was very well done in the beginning, but to me, it seemed as though it had lost its touch over the filler arc. There were parts where the actions seemed to be repetitive, but wasn't caused to be boring.

3. Bleach - Not much for me to say about Bleach. Everything about it is what I usually look for in an anime. Story line was well done, there are good amounts of actions and humor. The character designings were interesting to look at, as there were many facial expressions in the series. All in all, the presentation of Bleach looked promising. I recommend it for anyone who is currently looking for a new worthy series to watch after finishing something like FMA or Inuyasha.

4. FMA -The artwork is what interested me the most, such as the facial expressions of each character. Many other animes draw every single character with the same set of eyes, or with horribly drawn face shapes. Take the shape of Edward's eyes and compare them, for example, to Roy's. Edward's eyes give a sense of pain, and determination, just like Roy's give a sense of fierceness and somber expression. Another good point about it is that the plot is generally angst, but humor is always added, making the show not as predictable.

Arlynn

Fourteen
    Years
    Right now I only have a top four.

4; Brave Story
    It's a fantasy anime movie, my sister had it on her computer over Christmas and we watched it at like 5AM Christmas morning. I loved it to death. it had a great story with interesting characters.

3; Slayers
    A great action/comedy/fantasy anime with loveable characters, characters you love to hate, and some of the craziest stuff you can think of. It's adorable at times, interesting or grasping at others. There are three seasons Slayers, Slayers NEXT, Slayers TRY, and also loads of movies.

2; Puchi Puri Yuushi
    An anime a little more than loosely based on the popular 'Princess Maker' series. It's about 30 episodes, and adorable. The characters are great (especially Cube and the Devil xD) and the story is very interesting.

1; Death Note
    The best manga I have ever read, and so far the best anime I've watched. The characters are original, and it's very easy to get attached to one or two of them. The plot is overly interesting, and with so many unexpected twists and turns that you don't know what will happen next. The perception of this anime on the Shinigami is wonderful. The art is also one of my favorite styles.

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    - NANA ~ This anime is plain amazing..the characters are well made, and the undying romance in it is interesting to watch, unlike other animes. My favorite character of all time is Nana, both of them. The plot is pretty interesting and there is a ton of character development. The animation is pretty well made, but the official art for it is just breathtaking && points to sig && I love the eyes. Overall, this is one of my favorite animes of all time, it only doesn't have much "action," but animes like this aren't supposed to.
    - xxxHOLiC ~ This is another good series, it has a lot of action and the manga art is just beautiful. The plot is about a teen who can see spirits and ends up in a witch Yuuko's shop, then superstitious events take place. I think the plot is pretty good as well, not seen much. To me, there isn't really a decided genre for this, it has much different kinds. A bit of romance, action, horror, all that. I like this one a lot.
    - Strawberry Panic! ~ Three words. Best. Anime. Ever. Some may not find this kind of anime appealing, but I object. Sure it has a lot of shoujo-ai and yuri, but that's my character, I just love this show to death. The characters are well made and you should never miss a second of this anime. All the characters are super~kawaii too. <333
    - Death Note ~ LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL~~<3333.
    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ~ This show is one of my favorites. Ever. The characters are awesome and well-made. Mikuru-chan xx33. The way Kyon narraates it is amusing and both funny. Though only fourteen episodes, it one of the best anime of all time. Its a very~supernatural and crazy anime. Mikuru-chan <3.
    - FLCL ~ Awesome anime, crazy funny, everything I love, and Haruhara Haruko xD.
    - Honey and Clover ~ Great music, great characters, gerat plot, great anime.<3
    - Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles ~ The anime is on par with the manga. Though the crossovers with other CLAMP animes wasn't that great, I love the plot, the characters, almost everything was great about it. Plus ++ its sorta a sequel to cardcaptor Sakura <33.
    - Loveless ~ Though I'm fairly new to this anime, this anime has a good plot, kawaii characters, pretty good animation and Ritsuka == <33.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    1. CCS: I just love this anime. It's has almost everything you can expect from a typical cliche anime, plus more. Cute characters, evolving storyline (sorta), and good detail to the environment, people, and practically everything. One of CLAMP's greatest works. I mean the manga is great, it really is, but the anime kinda puts you into the action and drama of the show rather than depict static imagery. Plus it draws you in emotionally, something I found really disturbing but attractive. Such a great show ^^.

2. Duel Masters: I admit I'm a sucker for anime TCG's and often realise after a motnh I hate them with unrelenting passion. Duel Masters however was a very unexpected and very humourous change to what I was expecting. The show is filled with gags but also supports a rather serious and sinister plot. Of course the concept of saving the world by playing with cards is completely rediculous but this anime makes up for it with some snazzy animation, sexy characters, and some great in-show and "breaking the fourth wall" jokes.

3. Naruto: An obvious favourite. The span of manga and anime is insane. I used to watch DBZ a lot before I saw this and I'm disappointed in myself for getting into so late. My major gripe is the fillers but I'm patient enough to wait and actually found myself enjoying them as they continued. The main storyline is fantastic in terms of structure and appeal. There are twists and the detail gone into the episodes are something to be admired (there are some that are lacking though, probably due to budget cuts and whatnot). The variety of characters is probably the greatest aspect of this unbelievable show. Just plain good stuff.

4. Keroro Gunsou: I've only watched the first episode but I've read a lot of the manga, and from what I saw in the first episode, I was very impressed. Definitely worth fourth-place for its fluid animation and humourous characters and plot.

5. Love Hina: Plain fun and mild sexual content. Very happy-go-lucky and enjoyable to watch. Kaolla is one of the cutest characters ever derived in the anime world ^^. I was kinda confused about the ending though. I mean, what the heck was that last episode about?

6. Pokemon: It's just so fun ^^. If any anime was real, I would chose Pokemon. I mean, to travel the road, meeting other trainers, catching these awesome animals with unimaginable powers is like a dream. Of course, I lost interest in the show after a while because it's basically the same thing over and over again, but I don't mind popping in once in a while to see how the crew's doing. Especially Haruka and Asuna ;).

7. Ranma 1/2: I loved it when I saw it. Old-school design, ahead-of-its-time characters and plot. A definite favourite.

8. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles: I started watching this after CCS finished and wasn't really happy with how CLAMP carried on. I first thought it was a sequel but it wasn't, however I still enjoyed it regardless. Good to see Syaoran and Sakura again, along with Chi, Tomoyo, Mokona, etc.

9. Neon Genesis Evangelion: Probably one of the earliest animes I actually remembered watching. The animation is insane, and the introduction of all these religious concepts fascinated me. Loved it.

10. Chobits: Veyr funny and cute. The intro song was great as well. I couldn't get enough of it. It's too cute >.<.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years

TOP 3

Pokemon I love this show and it rocks and it rules, this was the first anime I've ever watched and this got me crazy on the "japanese anime thing" and its my favorite show. The manga's are okay though

Naruto another great show that I like, but its not better than Pokemon, but Naruto is stupid which makes the show funny and Sasuke is a total hott, I'm up to episode 162. I really don't like the manga though

BLEACH Another great show, I love Ichigo and Renji but I was shocked in when Renji came to the real world (ichigo's town) he looked so weird in normal clothes

I'm too lazy to pic 7 other shows -_-"

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    1. naruto- i love the fact that it has tons of characters and it has an interesting plotline. probably the anime i'm most into right now.

2. inuyasha- i also like the storyline in this series, too, though, i'm too lazy to watch subbed versions and they haven't showed the latest episode on cartoon network in forever. ;_;

3. fullmetal alchemist- whole series was pretty good, with a pretty cool movie to follow up. this was the first anime i ever got seriously obsessed with ('cept maybe sailor moon)

4. azumanga daioh- a hilarious anime that actually made me laugh out loud (which is pretty hard to do). very funny characters and a lot of fun to watch.

5. dragonball z- sadly, i have not been able to watch one full season of this show because they restarted the part i was watching before it ended. *shakes fist at cartoon network* the buu saga is pretty much the only one i've seen (i've only seen a couple frieza and android episodes). my only complaint is some of the dubbing, so i pretty much stick to the manga.

6. sailor moon- the second anime i was introduced to (i think). pretty funny, though it gets a little repetitive. japanese version is much better than the english dub (god, some of their voices are just horrible *coughusagicough*).

7. chobits- pretty good anime, though i prefer the manga much more. the english dub was kind hard to get used to at first; minoru has izzy's voice! XD

8. digimon- another early anime i watched. first season was best, but it got steadily worse. i stopped watching at season four. they got rid of the digimon partners, dammit! >_<

9. pokemon- i had to put this, even though i don't watch it anymore, cuz it was my very first anime. funny anime, but it gets too repetitive if you watch it for a long time. though, if i watch a lot of pokemon episodes in a row i get kind hyper...... not sure why it does that to me...... the first season was absolutely the best, but it kept going downhill after that....... i stopped watching completely once battle frontier started; they butchered the voices.

10. tokyo mew mew- simply because i've seen it. didn't like it at all, though. horrible voices and stupid, stupid new names. i didn't like the animation either. the manga is much, much better.

yeah, so those are all the animes i've seen. i'm far to lazy to go out and find subbed episodes on the net (i have some animes on dvd, though, so i watch those in japanese), so i pretty much just watch the dubbed versions.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    1 - DBZ - The fights, the whole energy beam thing, evil beings who want to take over the worldl. Love It

2 - FMA - Beautiful story line, amazing characters, excellent is many more million ways and Edward Elric is officially my hero.

3 - Chobits - Captured my heart and almost made me cry (almost). Lovably characters and deep storyline.

4 - Bleach - Still only in the early stages but can already tell how much i'll be watching it.

5 - Azumanga Daioh - Absolutely hilarious, Tomo Takino is teh pwnage.

6 - Mai-HiME - Good storyline, lovable little Mikoto, love the whole romance angle in it aswell.

7 - Pokemon - My childhood dream, the only thing that took complete priority of my life when I watched it.

8 - Medabots - Battling little robots, what more could a young child want =) Rokusho is an awesome character.

9 - Yugioh - Loved the card thing back when I was into them sorta crazes and the 1st 2 seasons were amazing.

10 - Digimon - Up to the end of season 3 was a fairly good anime. The whole digital aspect was pretty good.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Pokémon - It was the very first one that I fell for, and.. I'm still so attached to it. XD I love to watch the TV show and movies!

Full Moon wo Sagashite - This one has really left an impact on me. I absolutely love the characters, and the storyline has to be one of the best ever created. I'm also completely addicted to the music--I think I listen to all of the songs daily.

Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch - Adorable characters, storyline, music, and everything. I absolutely love it--and the fact that it's all about mermaids and the ocean makes it even better!

La Corda D'Oro - Just became interested in this one, but I really like it so far. The characters are all unique, and I like the way that the storyline revolves around music.

Cardcaptor Sakura - So much cute-ness! I'm really fond of all of the characters, as well as the entire story.

Tales of Symphonia - It hasn't come out yet, but so what? I know that I'll love it, lol.

Fruits Basket - Really good characters, and it has a sweet storyline.

Kaleido Star - I'm still new to this one, but I like it a lot. It's nice for a change!

Tokyo Mew Mew - One of my first favorites--I guess that it's not higher on my list because it's an older series. It has very adorable characters, as well as a nice (typical shoujo) storyline.

Um... I guess that still leaves one more. XD *has gone blank* If only Shinshi Doumei Cross was an anime.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Hmm.. my top 10

1. Beyblade/V-Force/G-Revolution
    Odd choice, I know, but well, no Anime has ever impacted me the way this has, not even Pokemon, and they say all great things come to an end, this did, and well, maybe it's just about spinning tops to most the people, but the characters in it are alot deeper than you think, especially Kai, no-one will ever beat him as my favourite Anime character of all time. And not to mention the dubbed voices where actually decent which is hardly seen nowadays. It's mainly G-Revolution that I like.
    2. BLEACH
    What can I say? The characters are great, the storyline is great, and well, the fillers weren't half bad in my opinion, just glad they ended after one season, anyways, not really much else needs to be said, we all know how great this Anime is.
    3. Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Not much I have to say about it, the characters where great, and the whole Egyptian storyline grasped me, as simple as that.
    4. Tales of Symphonia
    When it comes out which isn't long now, if the Anime scenes from the game are anything to go by, this Anime will be amazing, simple as that.
    5. DBZ
    It just grasped my male side lol.. I loved it from the start and still do now, even though it ended years ago. Goku is just one of the best Anime characters there is.
    6. Naruto
    Great characters, great storyline, fillers suck and I am glad they are ending soon, that's all I have to say.
    7. Death Note
    Great anime, kinda twisted and stuff, but really cool.
    8. Pokemon
    Pretty low on my list after these years, but all I am interested in nowadays is the games, after the first few movies they lost it for me, and the Anime is just one big repetition after the next, it's become boring.
    9. Tsubasa Chronicles
    Much better than CCS imo, the storyline gets my attention more, not much more i have to say about it though.
    10. Gundam SEED/Destiny
    Great story, characters and emotion, that's all, and the animation looked great throughout.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I don't have ten but I have a top 4 ^^;;

1.) FullMetal Alchemist: I watched The Conqueror of Shamballa first and I'm working my way back. I really love this series, not only is it interesting but it has a ton of different emotions that you can relate to. The character's personality's are fun and realistic-plus I like how the tone can range from depressing to light hearted.

2.) Case Closed: Well, I've alway's been fond of murder mystery's so of course I like this one. The characters are pretty funny and I like trying to solve the case before Conan does (that rarley happens though ;; ).

3.) Fruits Basket: Now, the anime isn't as great as the manga but I still love the series none the less. The storyline is so sad and gets you hooked, then the characters have fun personality's.

4.) The Dragonball series: Next to pokemon, the first actual anime I started watching. My favorite was probably the GT series but the story was pretty fun to follow.

Back