• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Total Newbologist here

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2008
    Hey!

I'm Justin from Florida USA! I used to play Pokemon Back in the day on my GBC. I had Red Gold and Crystal...Stopped after that due to other video games...

I just turned 21 on Sept 6th and asked my mom for the limited edition Pokemon DS and Pokemon Diamond....No idea why just had an urge to get back into an good old game.

Anyways I've been reading the forums and keep seeing terms I'm not familiar with. If someone could clue me in on the basics that would be great. Also add me to friends list if you wouldn't mind giving me a hand with some pokemon I'd like to have but can only get via trade. 1891 3697 1305

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Well hello there Evllord and welcome the PokeCommunity.

If you are interested in trading some Pokemon then check out the Wireless Trade Corner, here you can exchange friend codes and trade with whoever. I am sure there will be people willing to trade with you.

It is great too hear you got back into the game, I myself seem to be slipping away from it. But I am sure with the release of Platinum I will get back into it. You picked a good time to get back into Pokemon, since the release of Platinum is coming in English soon enough.

Make sure too read the Rules and FAQ for any guidance issues you may have, if you need further help just send someone a PM asking for assistance.

Have fun posting around the forum, and making friends.

-Dark

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2008
    You're my new best friend. I usually dislike anime for it's overly sensitive characters, but Bleach is just friggin cool.

I've never gotten BIG into the pokemon games and keep seeing terms like Chain and EV trained and such and have no REAL idea about what the hell people are talking about. I think things like that are what I'm going to need help with.

If you already have a post about it then place down your trap card good sir!

Years
    Welcome to PC Justin, Make sure to read the Rules, Have any Questions read the FAQ's, if you need any other help, feel free to PM/VM me, I'll do my best to assist you.

And wewt for you getting back into the game, For some reason... I seem to be playing Less...and Less, Everyday.
    Check out the Wireless Trade Corner, for all you Trading needs. ;D

Other than that, Enjoy your stay here, and Have Fun.

~Ryu

Poke Trainer Gary

Optimistic
    Years
    Hello Newbologist Evllord,
    Its nice to see someone who hates Gold and Crystal, because I too hate 'em. Anyway glad to meet ya Evllord, don't hesitate to ask for any help you need. There are many good things to explore around the community.

Like they say, don't forget to read the rules, and I hope you can be active. If you need friends then I don't mind being your friend. Also you can find a lot of people here who can give you a hand by trading.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Hey now, I specialize in newbology. Welcome to the forums, Justin. And haha, awesome, another Floridian on PC. (You wont believe how many of us there really are) o_o And heh, little spark shows up again eh? Well, I'm sure you'll come to find the talk second nature. If you want to know some, you can private message me as well. But anyway, have fun here at PC. :D

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Hey Evllord, Welcome to PC!

Nice to see that you rekindled that old pokemon spark. It's never too late to start playing again!

We have a lot of experienced D/P players around here, so if you have any questions, chances are one of us will be able to answer.

Other than that, get posting and have fun!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Poke Trainer Gary; said:
    Its nice to see someone who hates Gold and Crystal, because I too hate 'em.
    I do believe he said that he had those game... Not that he hates those games. xD

I can understand your plight in learning all this new terminology. Lucky for you, however; Apostle drew up a nice little guide over in the Strategies and Movesets section that I'm sure will answer quite a few of your questions:
    Compiled Guides - Fourth Generation

Welcome to the Pokécommunity Forums, Evllord.
    I can't say I agree with your stance on anime, however; Bleach is a pretty awesome one. ;D

Enjoy yourself!

Years
    Welcome to PC! It's cool to see older Pokemon fans. :D

Good luck with learning about Pokemon again... things have changed since RBY and GSC. It's really weird. @@;; And have fun! Fun is... fun. *shot*

Impmon

Digimon: Gears ******
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Haha... Yeah, Im new to... seems like a nice place!

Back