• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Totodile? Cyndaquil? or Chikorita

Which Starter You Gonna Choose!

• Totodile

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 23 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Cyndaquil, like originally. Also, the last two fire-starter pokemon final evolutions have been fairly lacklustre, so it'll be good to re-do my Gold days.

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
    whatever fate makes me choose....what i mean by that is i close my eyes move about abit click and which ever one it picks i go with...

Divine~Deoxys

I'm gonna go with Chikorita. I just think the 1st evolution of it (forgot what it's called), is awesome.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I thought the games always chose the Fire starter as easiest, Water in the middle, and Grass as hardest? Except RBY cuz of Brock and Misty, where Bulbasaur was far superior to Charmander.

Anyway, Totodile. I always choose the water starter, plus I chose Totodile back in the 2nd Gen...

Years
    i'm going to choose chikorita this time around i think. My reasons for thi are because i can't think of any time when i have ever started with the grass type. Also from what people say the game is always harder when you start with the grass type so i look forward to the challenge

Rocker32703

Water/Flying/Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I voted Chikorita, but honestly it's a tie between that and Totodile. Both of them are cute, and pretty tough.

I'll probably pick Chikorita, just for the challenge, and because I haven't picked many Grass-types before. I always pick Water or Fire. I want something new. :p

mustard97

Banned
    Years
    I'm definitely picking Cyndaquil :O, i gets's my Typhlosion :D ...
    (Translated) I am definitely picking Cyndaquil, i will get a Typhlosion xD

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    I will get cyndaquil...I love it,quilava and typhlosion.Chikorita,bayleef and meganium are cute too but they are not strong....

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
    I may go with Totodile again just for nostalgia purposes. Though I am tempted to go with Cyndaquil this time.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Chikorita, Definitely! Chikorita Was My Starter In The First Game I've Ever Played, Pokemon Silver- And, When You Think About It, It's A Huge Challenge When You Start With Chikorita!
    Bird Beats Grass
    Bug Beats Grass
    Normal Is Normal
    Ghost Is Normal
    Fighting Is Normal
    Steel Beats Grass
    Ice Beats Grass
    Dragon Beats Grass
    The Odds Are Against You When You Choose Chikorita, And That's The Way I Like It
    PS, For Those Of You Saying Chikorita Is Not Strong- You Are 100% Wrong- It Depends On The trainer- I Haven't Lost With Chikorita Since I Started Playing Again A Couple Days Ago

Divine~Deoxys

And especially when i never played Gen.II originally, it'll be great to have a challenging game again.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I haven't posted here yet?

Chikorita, since it was my first Pokemon ever in Gold Version. If I end up getting both games, I'm not sure who I'll choose for the other one.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Cyndaquil, for old times sake I'm going to choose Cyndaquil as my starter in SoulSilver. Except, my plan is to stop evolving it at its second stage [Quilava] for the challenge.

Having Typhlosion afterwards would be great, but through the main plot of the game I would like to have Quilava. For reasons, it is because that way I can get a challenge and fun out of it rather than sweeping through the game with on overly strong starter as Typhlosion.

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
    Years
    It's a pretty easy choice of Cyndaquil for me. Meganium, to put it plainly, is one of the worst starters ever. Feraligatr is a legit Pokemon now that there are water moves that utilize the attack stat, but for playing through the game you still need a Surfer and Feraligatr's SP.ATK is too low to be good with that, not to mention Ice Beam for Lance. Fire is also a much rarer type (pretty much your only other legit option in GSC for fire was Magmar, since Fire Stones were too impossibly rare to make Vulpix and Growlithe worthwhile, and Houndour wasn't catchable until you beat the E4 and got to Kanto). There are plenty of other solid water options though, noteably Lapras, but also Slowbro/Slowking and Poliwrath/Politoad.

Aside from all that though...I just like Typhlosion the best.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Cyndaquil for sure. I don't like the other two starters much. There are many choices for water types, so it is best to just get a fire type or grass type.

Back