• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Toughest Gym/E4?

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    The gym leaders in DPP weren't too much of a problem; Gardenia was slightly tougher because I had only a Prinplup and a Misdreavus, but she was still easy to beat since my pokemon were of a higher level at the time.

I found Lucian and Cynthia to be difficult. Lucian because of his Bronzong refusing to die and the rest of my team was already crippled by his previous pokemon. Cynthia was just difficult all-around.

steelcurtain10

Pokemon Platinum Fanatic
    Years
    • Ca
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    My hardest was E4 was bertha because the only good pokemon I had were infernape, Luxray,and Garchomp, I totally forgot Wishcash could use ice beam so Garchomp was out at the start of the batte! I beat the 1st and 2nd gym leaders with super potions,but after I got Gible, I could wipe through any gym leader,because of my types, fire/fighting,electric/----,and dragon/ground! I thought that Platinum would be harder than Diamond,but it was the complete opposite!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Cynthia second go level 79 Garchomp. *shudder*
    Anyway uh gym had to be none i mean I found them easier a bit now that the types were following that of the gym.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Cynthia is definitely the toughest. I lost to her like 6 times.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I had the most trouble gym wise with fantina

As for the E4
    It's a tie between Aaron and Cynthia

Cynthia is just all around tough

Aaron's Yanmega is just unfair...

Tombi

*lurklurk*
    Years
    Cynthia, being as I took on (and eventually... eventually...) defeated her with level 47-52 monsters.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ok guess cynthia is the most powerful...
    so people be careful wen u face cynthia take ur most powerful pokemon!!!!
    lolz i took UBERS...
    that was wen i knew nothing about Ubers and clauses and stuff like dat!!!

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    For me it was Lucian, just destroyed my team over and over again. All my pokes were weak against him too, and now going back to beat the E4 a second time, I can't even beat him.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    well, ur very unlucky then...
    Lucian was difficult but i beat him first time around even though my strongest was an infernape but luckly i taught it shadow claw!!!!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Eh, all of the gyms were pretty easy excluding Crasher Wake. It was sorta hard taking on his Water-Types with my Monferno, but Luxio made sure justice prevailed.

As for the Elite Four, Cynthia was definitely the toughest. Lost to her a lot of times.

SkittyLover77

No, not the face!
    Years
    One word: Cynthia.

Her Garchomp was a nightmare. DX It killed 3 of my Pokemon before I could even touch it. And Togekiss was plain annoying. It was also the first time I had ever heard/seen of Togekiss, so I was like "wtf is that!? It looks like a plane!" and was unprepared for its Aura Sphere. x.x

TSK_77

Jas_66's Brother
    Years
    hardest GYM/E4...

Cynthia - had a good mixed team of pokemon!!!
    Cynthia cheats by using UBERS lolz...
    only joking.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Everything was a good challenge due to me always running from battles and getting to the checkpoints underleveled. I was somehow able to get through everything fine. I guess the biggest challenge would have been Wake. His Floatzel wiped half my team alone. The other Pokemon were pushovers, however. Bertha's Gliscor wiped me the first time I fought her, but never again since.

The easiest for me must have been Maylene and Cynthia.
    Maylene just fell to my ol' buddy Bronzong, with added help from Infernape.
    Cynthia's Pokemon really took a beating from Weavile, which knocked out 5 of her Pokemon right off the bat.
    The only one left was Milotic, which eventually beat Weavile with Surf, but was too battered to withstand a Discharge from Magnezone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    thats the first time somebody has said Cynthia was the Easiest lolz...
    u must be a powerful trainer!!!

Years
    I'm not sure if he still has it, but I always found Lucian's Bronzong a pain to bring down. Magmortar should make it a tonne easier.

It's not really a Gym Leader, but Cyrus' 2nd team was a challenge. I didn't have anything to reliably take out Gyarados, as he was a few levels above me at the time, so Magmortar was to slow to TBolt it. Toxistalling ftw.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ok new hard GYM/E4 leader is uppose everyone has different difficulties.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    Wake was hard for me all i had was torterra Loppuny and gabite. well as you can tell the gyarados gave me the hardest time and then the floatzel would finish me off it took me 4 times to beat him

Then Cynthia was kind of hard but i didnt lose to her i just had to use a lot of Hyper Potions and Revives. that togekiss is a pain in the neck...

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    thats the first time somebody has said Cynthia was the Easiest lolz...
    u must be a powerful trainer!!!

Put Spiritomb to sleep with Yawn. U-Turn to Weavile. Swords Dance twice, x4 +ATK.

Night Slash @ Spiritomb OHKO
    Ice Punch @ Garchomp OHKO
    Ice Punch @ Togekiss OHKO
    Brick Break @ Lucario OHKO
    Ice Punch @ Roserade OHKO
    Night Slash @ Milotic, weak. Kills Weavile.

She Full Restores. Send out Magnezone & Discharge @ Milotic for 2HKO.

Back