• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Toughest Gym/E4?

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I didn't really have a huge problem with any of them, but I did lose to Cynthia the first time through. Pokemon were a bit under leveled.

The first few gyms did give me a little trouble because I traded over some Pokemon to have a custom lineup at the start (didn't bother using the chimchar I selected). After that, it was easier, until they passed the level threshold and wouldn't listen again.

*sigh* The things you go through to be unique.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    @ Gymnotide - well it looks like u had a pretty balanced team.
    @ FalconJoker - well u should of used ur own pokemon maybe u would of had less trouble lolz.
    @ Itachi Senpai - ok thats abit weird lolz only joking but i thought everyone should of had at least 1 problem.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Cynthia Wins again lolz....
    Nearly Everybody looses to Cynthia or finds her the hardest 2 beat.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Flint! his updated fire team really destroyed me! And at that time, i was too lazy to train. Magmortar was pretty fearsome, but just because I can't hit it with any of my Pokemon team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ok i didn't find flint hard he was actually pretty easy...
    although he is my favourite E4.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    On Platinum, it was Gardenia. Her godddamned Turtwig kept setting up Reflect making it too hard for my Staravia's Wing Attacks to do ANYTHING (heck, even her ROSERADE could only be 3HKO'd by Wing Attack), and I reset a dozen times because her Roserade kept getting critical hit hax on my Staravia and OHKOing it every single time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    I haven't went up against Volkner, e4 and Cynthia but my hardest was Roark. Pathetic, huh?

His strongest pokemon kept on KOing my pokemon. Took me like 5 tries

almostlovehate

Complete...global...satur ation
    Years
    I found a few Gym leaders hard, I can't say specifics because I don't have my guide near me to tell names haha.
    I found E4 Bertha hardest, even with Torterra and Quaqsire, two Pokemon specifically thrown in there for her and the fire guy (Quagsire at least.) and I actually found Cynthia easiest because I had a diverse team, now granted she fainted all of my Pokemon to my last one, Houndoom I believe and he barely had any HP when I beat her. >.>

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    thats 2 people so far thats said cynthia was the easiest whilst everyone else said she was the hardest.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    None were really hard for me in Pokemon Pearl as I had used strageties. :)

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    The first time around Cynthia's not that strong, but the second time she is! Her Togekiss nailed my poor level 70 Skymin and her Garchomp destroyed my level 75 Infernape. Good thing I had a Salamence =-]

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Just did the E4+Steroids (the second time around).

Flint gave me A LOT more trouble than Cynthia did. For starters, his Houndoom's Dark Pulse OHKO'd my Uxie before I got it to do its job. After disposing of it, my Floatzel got Magma Body'd, so its attacks would prove useless against the other Pokemon. I ended up having to beat him with Gliscor, but barely.

Now, Cynthia I beat the same way. Now that Garchomp didn't have Flamethrower, it was a whole lot easier. Same approach - Sleep the Spiritomb, switch in Weavile, SD and sweep. I got down the Spiritomb, Lucario, and Roserade. She switches in Togekiss, which I know has Extremespeed. My Weavile is below 50% because Spiritomb woke early so I switch out to Gliscor and Stone Edge it. She switches in Milotic, so I switch in Manectric and OHKO it. She sends out Garchomp, I send out Weavile and Ice Punch (but it doesn't die). She kills my Weavile and Full Restores, so I send out Ambipom to Fake Out + Return. Ambipom loses to Brick Break and then I send out Floatzel for the win.

Most of Cynthia's Pokemon fell to OHKOs, despite them being +10 levels on my Pokemon.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Hmm... Gym: Pastoria's (its not really that hard, just the hardest of them all)
    E4: Bertha (shes not that hard either)

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    @ ISa56 - yh my salamance OHKO's most of the time wen i use its outrage

@ Gymnotide - u seem very interesting to me...
    lolz

@ Fireheart - yh pastoria and Bertha were really hard for me as Infernape was my leader.

@ ISa56 - yh my salamance OHKO's most of the time wen i use its outrage

@ Gymnotide - u seem very interesting to me...
    lolz

@ Fireheart - yh pastoria (wake) and Bertha were really hard for me as Infernape was my leader.

Last edited:
    Back