• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Toughest Johto Gym Leader?

Toughest Kanto Gym Leader?

• Brock

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Misty

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Lt. Surge

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Erika

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Janine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sabrina

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Blaine

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Green

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • The hardest, to me so far, has to be Whitney. But that's how far I have gotten, so I can't really say just yet, but out of the 3, Whitney was the toughest.

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    haven't done clair yet but the only two i really had problems beating were chuck and Jasmine, Withney i got on first try. But seeing all your messages i'm not looking forward to finishing goldenrod radio tower and go beat clair :p

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Whitney
    Miltank cost me almost all my pokemon!
    Good thing I revived Flaffy or I would have lost

Years
  • Clair, I only won because of I was lucky (her pokemon missed and I had a critical hit)
    Brock for kanto cause all the other leaders were defeated with the use of 1 pokemon and no potions whatsoever but Brock was really annoying...

Sora267

Teh Epic Awesomesauce0rz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Clair; I had set my full team of 6 up too early on and I was underleveled by then. I ended up using around 20 Hyper Potions on Ampharos until her Kingdra ran out of PP for everything but Hyper Beam so I could get attacks in on the recharge turns. I won xD

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't have the game yet, but I'll bet the hardest for me will have to be Claire and Whitney. I'm not sure if I've ever beaten them on my first try on any of my Silver files. D:

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    In Gold, the hardest for me were Bugsy and Whitney (I started with Chikorita). lol With Bugsy it got so bad that I evolved my Bayleef into Meganium and I finally beat his Scyther. -_-

In Heart Gold it was the same two that I spent 3+ tries on. Bugsy more so. That Scyther... it's evil. So is Whitney's Miltank. I was so lucky she didn't use Rollout much on me.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    couldn't you have just got a geodude? lol... that's the first thing i do, train up a geodude so it learns a rock move. ;)
    No. They have that mean ground attack that is super effective against it. Just get a Pidgey and train it to level 10-12. Should do okay.
    Whitney was ANNOYING. Too good I had Bite with my Croconaw, bite + stun = ftw.
    If i had sudowoodo before whitney.. She wouldn't stop crying even after a year.

Casper88

Casper88
    Years
  • Whitney is the biggest threat, why? Because everyone got swept by rollout at least once in all their pokemon gaming years.

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
    Years
  • Whitney? Pshaw. I anihalated her with my Heracross. Didn't take that long.

Morty, on the other hand, was hard for me. Imagine this. Dead Bayleef. Dead Slowpoke. Dead Pidgeotto. I got stuck with Herracross and Ampharos, and I was able to survive with them, just barely though.

Bugsy was too easy with a level 20 Pidgeotto.

Falkner, was incredibly easy. It didn't hurt to have my level 16 Flaaffy then. Bayleef and Pidgey were both level 16 too but they were useless in the battle, the Flaaffy was enough.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    The only gym leader i found hard was whitney but i was a bit under leveled when i got to her

i think it took me a good 4 tries to beat her

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Whitney is the biggest threat, why? Because everyone got swept by rollout at least once in all their pokemon gaming years.
    Come on, they leveled it down for you guys. It's rollout does about 2-3 damage the first hit, 5-6 the second hit, and so on in a similar fashion. It's never had a chance to use Milk Drink in my entire experience of playing GSC.

The only time I've ever personally seen anybody having trouble with her miltank is when the dump-for-brains used a Quilava against it. There's a Sandshrew you can get for 14,000 and a Dig TM in the national park. You should be fine, kiddies.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I think that Clair and Whitney are hardest, because they were the hardest at their stage in the game.

Back