• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Years
  • Well, I broke my toes so with the free time while recovering, I played with puppets. 🙂
    It was fun not running into issues and I played with new puppets for a change of pace.

New team: (Aya repeated from a rushed run so I consider this her 1st grouping for me)
    • Rumia (phys) (any, ie: Donation Box, Bondage Suit)
    • Yuugi (phys) (leftovers)
    • Aya (phys) (speed boost) (Focus Ribbon) (kept child form's Wing Attack for 30% Flinch)
    • A Komachi (phys) (Maid Uniform)
    • Alice (spec) (Quick Claw)
    • A Minoriko (spec) (Quick Claw)

Evaluation:
    Spoiler:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I'm glad it went so well for you. Also a lot of mons are super good in 1.8 that you wouldn't expect, truth be told. That's one of the reasons I worked on this hack to begin with. Though admittedly, and I regret needing to edit it in, I hope your foot gets better.

Also, for the actual reason I'm posting. KAnon2020 above sent me an updated Touhoudex for 6.8A4 with some changes and reworks. It's linked in the first post in place of the previous version. Once again, thank you so much for this.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • A surprise update!

While I am still mostly at work on my newer Rom Hack, someone by the name of "NightGlow" on the Touhou Puppet Play World Link Deluxe discord decided to play through my hack to spot small errors, and so I cleaned up a fair amount of them.

However, I will admit that if this were all... well, I'd still be releasing this, but there's also a little bit more to the story. Let's start off with the announcement that a few trainers did get resprited to more fit the whole touhoumon thing. I won't be posting pictures here, but they are definitely in the game. All credit for these new sprites go to SeaDragonGamer1928, also on the same discord currently.

A good chunk of those sprite changes are minor, but some are fairly major, and I appreciate how they look, at least.

Now, for the second thing added to this update. I've definitely gotten some comments about how the type chart is a bit... rough to learn, so I was pointed to something that could possibly help with it.

Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)
    Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

This ASM developed by blackuser allows type effectiveness to be displayed during the fight. Simply look at the type of the move you're about to use. The colors used for it are the following:

-Green: Super effective + STAB
    -Light green: Super effective
    -Pure black: Neutral + STAB
    -Normal black: Neutral / Status
    -Orange: Not very effective + STAB
    -Yellow: Not very effective
    -Red: No effect

This just counts for raw type effectiveness. It does not take into account what might modify this sort of thing such as the Levitate ability.

And that's really it. With the exception of bugfixes, text fixes, sprite replacements, and the addition of the type effectiveness thing, not much has changed to my memory. If it has, then I likely did it a while ago and forgot to note it down. I apologize if that's the case.

Download the hack here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xxhr..._Play_Enhanced_%28Reloaded%29_v6.8A5.rar/file

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    This sounds minor but could you make an opening on Route 5 so that you can backtrack to Mt. Moon before getting Cut or Fly? Kind of lame to have to wait until you get at least Cut to backtrack to Mt. Moon. Such a vanilla FRLG problem.

Also, is there a way to download the music from this hack?

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • OH BOY I LOVE IT WHEN AN INCREDIBLY MINOR UPDATE MESSES WITH THINGS. FEELS GOOD.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u7vt..._Play_Enhanced_%28Reloaded%29_v6.8A7.rar/file

Hopefully this fixes it. Did not add the thing to Route 5, though.

EDIT: I posted the thread for my other project. Hopefully it gets accepted. This doesn't mean that the project will be out if the thread posts, but it will give me an avenue to post things there properly for it instead of giving half hearted updates here.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • At this point I'm going to wait to see if you end up getting more bugs since this one isn't particularly bad for the most part, and I'd rather not release an absolute metric ton of updates. Exceptions will be made for game breaking ones like Route 30 unexisting itself.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    At this point I'm going to wait to see if you end up getting more bugs since this one isn't particularly bad for the most part, and I'd rather not release an absolute metric ton of updates. Exceptions will be made for game breaking ones like Route 30 unexisting itself.

I did gain entrance to Valley of Strength, every single overworld Suika there freezes the game upon interaction. Easily avoidable, granted. I didn't really find any other serious bug. Some instances of collision with tiles that look like you can walk through, like a tile of grass, but it's like an invisible barrier.

I didn't use many Puppets in this current run, but I didn't encounter any crashes related to battles.

Anyway, I posted a video showing all the major battles I did in this run, pretty much a full playthrough.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • https://www.mediafire.com/file/sja5..._Play_Enhanced_%28Reloaded%29_v6.8A8.rar/file

Both the Valley of Strength and Red's sprite were fixed. Funny story about Red, apparently his left facing sprite was that fat man. I just absolutely never actually talked to him from the side.

Anyway, thank you for replaying the hack. I hope you had fun with it, despite some of the issues you ran into.

Edit: I also finally fixed the bug with the Goldenrod Port as of a couple minutes after this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/sja5..._Play_Enhanced_%28Reloaded%29_v6.8A8.rar/file

Both the Valley of Strength and Red's sprite were fixed. Funny story about Red, apparently his left facing sprite was that fat man. I just absolutely never actually talked to him from the side.

Anyway, thank you for replaying the hack. I hope you had fun with it, despite some of the issues you ran into.

Edit: I also finally fixed the bug with the Goldenrod Port as of a couple minutes after this.

I definitely had fun. I didn't go out and try many Puppets, the ones on the thumbnail were pretty much the only ones, plus a Kogasa. I'd like to do Monotype runs, thinking many of them are at least possible.

Years
  • Hi. I'm having a bit of trouble in a few fronts.

First off, I can't seem to apply the latest patch to the Squirrels version of FireRed. NUPS just throws a "patch doesn't match the file" error and selecting ignore doesn't force the patching to work.

Second, I've been having problems with breeding in 6.8A4, mainly that the offspring is of the wrong parent species every time.

Lastly, a problem in A3 that I haven't looked for in A4. The inablility to enter Abandoned Tower. I went through every region sans Johto Elite Four and that one guy and his Tensoku never moved and I have no idea how to get them to.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Hi there, Gabe. In regards to what you told me...

I tested patching on a Squirrels rom and I was able to get it working just fine, unfortunately. Completely unmodified on both ends. I don't know what to tell you on this one.

At least in 6.8A8, I bred a couple mons together and got it right. Hmm. Which ones did you use, out of curiosity? I'm uncertain if I can actually do anything about this, but I would at least like to try with a pair like that.

And the Abandoned Tower, I believe. is locked past the Abandoned Mansion, which is locked until after the Johto Elite Four. At least that's how it is now.

Years
  • Ah, okay. Was there an update to NUPS I'm not aware of, then? As for the breeding, I've tried with Sanae + Rinnosuke as well as Reimu + Rinnosuke and Tokiko with and without using Lax Incense and each time more Rinnosuke and Tokiko hatched.

EDIT: It was definitely the version of NUPS I was using.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ah, okay. Was there an update to NUPS I'm not aware of, then? As for the breeding, I've tried with Sanae + Rinnosuke as well as Reimu + Rinnosuke and Tokiko with and without using Lax Incense and each time more Rinnosuke and Tokiko hatched.

EDIT: It was definitely the version of NUPS I was using.

Try breeding Reimu or Sanae with Kedama

Years
  • Try breeding Reimu or Sanae with Kedama

Hmmm, maybe... When I tried that in previous versions, though, no eggs would be produced no matter how many steps I took.

EDIT: Yeah, that worked. Not sure why it never did before, though... Now I need to know about those evolutions in that Google doc that doesn't have a listed method of getting.

Last edited:
    Back