• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you have a discord server?
    He does not. However, you can find him in other Touhou Puppet Play servers. I'll share one rn
    https://discord.gg/dbqX3YcK5h
    This is to the Touhoumon Revised Development server
    If you want to talk about Reloaded, you gotta talk in a specific channel though (this server's main hacks are reworks of Another World and World Link btw (the Another World hack is more faithful to its base than the one Zeta's making))
    (Also if the invite expires lmk)(also, sorry if sharing discord invites is not allowed)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Hmmm, maybe... When I tried that in previous versions, though, no eggs would be produced no matter how many steps I took.

EDIT: Yeah, that worked. Not sure why it never did before, though... Now I need to know about those evolutions in that Google doc that doesn't have a listed method of getting.

Somehow I legit did not notice this. I'm sorry. Yeah, as it turns out I still could not reproduce that personally. So weird that it happened to begin with, I wonder what happened. I shouldn't have ended up messing with any of the breeding mechanics.

I wonder if the same bug is in original Enhanced.

And could you give an example of those non-listed evos from the doc? Some of them might just be overworld encounters.

Also yeah I don't have a discord server and honestly unless I really get motivated to I probably won't. I don't really see much of a point when so much of the fandom overlaps over, like, 3-4 discords. I'm also incredibly lazy and it would probably be dead within a week because I wouldn't really give any sort of regular updates for AW: Retold.

Years
  • Somehow I legit did not notice this. I'm sorry. Yeah, as it turns out I still could not reproduce that personally. So weird that it happened to begin with, I wonder what happened. I shouldn't have ended up messing with any of the breeding mechanics.

I wonder if the same bug is in original Enhanced.

And could you give an example of those non-listed evos from the doc? Some of them might just be overworld encounters.

The original Enhanced was where I encountered that breeding bug.

As for the seemingly unobtainable evos, they are SG Sanae, Dark Alice, MP Suika and EX Marisa. There's also no static listing for them in the locations part of the doc.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • The original Enhanced was where I encountered that breeding bug.

As for the seemingly unobtainable evos, they are SG Sanae, Dark Alice, MP Suika and EX Marisa. There's also mo static listing for them in the locations part of the doc.

Ah, then I don't know what changed to fix it if it is indeed still a major issue. Apologies.

Those evolutions aren't true evolutions, they're just static locations, at least in the current released version of the hack.

SG Sanae: Mt. Silver (afair)
    Dark Alice: Faraway Land
    MP Suika: The Valley of Strength (Near Cianwood)
    EX Marisa: Cinnabar Volcano

Years
  • Ah, then I don't know what changed to fix it if it is indeed still a major issue. Apologies.

Those evolutions aren't true evolutions, they're just static locations, at least in the current released version of the hack.

SG Sanae: Mt. Silver (afair)
    Dark Alice: Faraway Land
    MP Suika: The Valley of Strength (Near Cianwood)
    EX Marisa: Cinnabar Volcano

Ah, okay. Their positions on the list suggest they're evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    I'm pretty sure you can directly breed SG Sanae at the very least (as the only one I've tested so far).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2023
    I've started playing this rom a couple days ago, it's fantastic thus far, but I got stuck in Sapphron City.

I don't know if I missed something, but in theory once you free Mr. Fuji in Lavender Tower, the Team Rocket guard before the Silph building should move and allow you to explore it. Problem is that I did just that and he was still there.

I tried repatching the game and taking a different starter, but to no avail, the event doesn't seem to trigger. Am I missing something or is it a bug? Could the introduction of Jessie and James at that event have messed something up?

Just in case here's my save file before the Fuji event https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ud5ThJrbvgZJ_8RLUK5aAe-gX0y6op6b/view?usp=drivesdk

And the one after it
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ug8y8WSeUXjFPcXYxGWPE4bCQHKs25gI/view?usp=drivesdk

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • I've started playing this rom a couple days ago, it's fantastic thus far, but I got stuck in Sapphron City.

I don't know if I missed something, but in theory once you free Mr. Fuji in Lavender Tower, the Team Rocket guard before the Silph building should move and allow you to explore it. Problem is that I did just that and he was still there.

I tried repatching the game and taking a different starter, but to no avail, the event doesn't seem to trigger. Am I missing something or is it a bug? Could the introduction of Jessie and James at that event have messed something up?

Just in case here's my save file before the Fuji event https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ud5ThJrbvgZJ_8RLUK5aAe-gX0y6op6b/view?usp=drivesdk

And the one after it
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ug8y8WSeUXjFPcXYxGWPE4bCQHKs25gI/view?usp=drivesdk

Intended. You gotta beat Koga for him to move from what I remember, due to me wanting to allow the level curve to be more solid in that particular area.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2023
    Oh I didn't know that, I always beat Sabrina and then Koga in the original FR, but it makes sense this way too. I managed to move on and am now in Jotho! Thanks and, again, great hack!

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • So I compiled a bunch on information from the Touhoudexes and other documentation and made my own Touhoudex after a looonng time.
    Procrastination, woo.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...oSenj7H59IzEQ3yemIfHxFNcg/edit#gid=1929117574

Also, to remove bad eggs:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9916042#post9916042
    I just followed that guide for the Fire Red version.

I said this to you before, but I'll say it again. Thank you for your contribution for the documentation. I will put it on the first post as soon as I can.

In addition, I've felt guilty for something I've done. It's honestly been a pretty big and pretty strange point. CTewis have Lucky Eggs again, and the price for the Shards have been drastically nerfed in the Game Corner.

If this ended up messing with something else, which is possible, then I do apologize.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6nif..._Play_Enhanced_%28Reloaded%29_v6.8A9.rar/file

If there are no problems from these changes, then I will remove access to the 6.8A8 version. Thank you for continuing to support me, even through those ideas that end up being particularly bad.

Last edited:

Marinebeast

violet phantom in disguise
    Years
  • So I made an account just to post on this thread/say hi, lol.

Hi! I'm a big fan of Touhoumon hacks (and have been for awhile, ever since the first FireRed ones were translated) and it's super cool to see some TLC being put into shining up THPP Enhanced. It's a pretty impressive hack but there was always a lot of stuff that felt incomplete or lazy... so seeing a live effort to make things nicer is great.

I had an inquiry, though. I was going to do some personal edits of the original THPP Enhanced 1.8 for my own experience: cleaning up and possibly rewriting a lot of the Pokedex entries (since a lot of them are very... Engrish or just talk about a character's appearance), changing all Eggs to require only 256 steps to hatch, and other QOL features.
    Would you have any interest in any of that?

(Also, digging around in hex values for QOL stuff-- is there any reason why a lot of offsets that were originally just empty FF FF space are full of "01 30 01 30 01 30" continually? I'm curious.)

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • So I made an account just to post on this thread/say hi, lol.

Hi! I'm a big fan of Touhoumon hacks (and have been for awhile, ever since the first FireRed ones were translated) and it's super cool to see some TLC being put into shining up THPP Enhanced. It's a pretty impressive hack but there was always a lot of stuff that felt incomplete or lazy... so seeing a live effort to make things nicer is great.

I had an inquiry, though. I was going to do some personal edits of the original THPP Enhanced 1.8 for my own experience: cleaning up and possibly rewriting a lot of the Pokedex entries (since a lot of them are very... Engrish or just talk about a character's appearance), changing all Eggs to require only 256 steps to hatch, and other QOL features.
    Would you have any interest in any of that?

(Also, digging around in hex values for QOL stuff-- is there any reason why a lot of offsets that were originally just empty FF FF space are full of "01 30 01 30 01 30" continually? I'm curious.)

Yeah, a lot of the original Enhanced being kinda just... there was part of why I decided to continue on as much as I did, honestly. Initially it was just me being disappointed by the trainers, but then I just kept adding things and I think overall it's in a much better spot.

If you wanna do the QoL stuff, then by all means go on ahead. Like, I'll be honest, while I know pokedex entries are wrong, I'm also not really like wanting to go through all of those things myself.

Also, if 01 30 01 30 01 30 is there, then something ended up getting written there. It's been a long time, I don't know if it was like that in the original Enhanced or not, I'm honestly worried about touching it.

Marinebeast

Years
  • Sounds good; I'll look into making tweaks and give progress as... I have progress to share!
    I don't have any issue tidying up Pokedex entries and whatnot, I love to write and making things look better is one of my favorite things to do.

(+ Yeah, I won't touch the 01 30 01 30 01 30 stuff. Looking at the original 1.8 Enhanced, it doesn't appear to be there... but it's all just altered free space anyways, so it seems to be a nonissue. There's lots of other free space to work with.)

One quick question that I don't recall off the top of my head: Are there any vendors in the game that sell berries (or "fruit" as they're named I guess)?
    I was going to put one in each of the Department Stores if there wasn't already one out there, since we can't grow berries in FireRed and it'd be nice to have a way to easily buy the EV-reducing berries and others.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Sounds good; I'll look into making tweaks and give progress as... I have progress to share!
    I don't have any issue tidying up Pokedex entries and whatnot, I love to write and making things look better is one of my favorite things to do.

(+ Yeah, I won't touch the 01 30 01 30 01 30 stuff. Looking at the original 1.8 Enhanced, it doesn't appear to be there... but it's all just altered free space anyways, so it seems to be a nonissue. There's lots of other free space to work with.)

One quick question that I don't recall off the top of my head: Are there any vendors in the game that sell berries (or "fruit" as they're named I guess)?
    I was going to put one in each of the Department Stores if there wasn't already one out there, since we can't grow berries in FireRed and it'd be nice to have a way to easily buy the EV-reducing berries and others.

There should be berry sellers in the game. If there are, then they'd be the Farm and in the Training Facility. If there isn't, then that seems fine to me.

Marinebeast

Years
  • Prrrrrogress!
    Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

That's 305 Pokedex-- I mean Artbook entries in first draft form. Some were cleaned up to read better, some had grammar fixes, some were rewritten entirely (like the cringe entry about Wriggle "looking like a boy"; who cares, it's 2022). A lot of the "species" names were tweaked for lore consistency (ex. Yamame is now a "Tsuchigumo" Boneka; that's her "species" as a youkai) and all have been decapped. Once I finish all of these entries, I'll be going over them again so they look correct ingame.

Other minor edits:
    - Uncapped vitamin EV limits so you can just buy, say, 25 Protein and skip your physical attacker's EV training. Not having Pokerus in FireRed sucks.
    - Changed shiny rate to the modern 1/~4000 instead of the old 1/~8000. (I wonder if I still have the save with that shiny Mystia...)
    - CSariel couldn't evolve into SSariel with RainbowShard use, despite the Touhoudex suggesting otherwise. This has been fixed.
    - Changed CKongala to CKonngara, because "Konngara" is the most common translation of her name that I've seen in English-speaking circles.

I can revert any of these changes if need be, they all just felt like nice QOL details that were worth adding.

To-dos:
    - Do custom sprites for all of the non-standard Pokeballs (Timer, Dive, Net, etc) because they have vanilla FireRed sprites at the moment. I'll also be checking vendors ingame to see if all of these are available; if not, I'll likely distribute them across mart inventories, similar to vanilla RSE.
    - Pick through the item + attack descriptions for any cases of broken English or otherwise-wonky grammar/spelling, and fix/rewrite.
    - Pick through the game script and look for broken English / unnecessary all-caps / etc that needs editing.
    - Actually playtest more of the game for fun and profit. Check for berry + hold item vendors to make sure they're out there.
    - Catch at least 5 more Koakumas because they're so cute (and to test if Synchronize has been edited).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    So, not sure if you've checked out my Touhoudex but I've listed all the items sold in shops or game corners in the locations page.
    For the shiny thing, in the end game Lotus Island area, you can trigger an event/switch that makes all encounters (including eggs) into shinies. (Doesn't invalidate your work changing the regular encounter rate though, good job!)
    The non-standard pokeballs are sold mostly endgame I think, though a few might be sold or found elsewhere.

Other than that, great QoL changes I think.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    Also, I just remembered this but some of the Artbook entries just don't exist or link to the wrong Boneka because of space limitations I think?

Or maybe it was just carried over and not changed, don't remember.

Last edited:
    Back