• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • A thought came to my head. Spoilered for now.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • A thought came to my head. Spoilered for now.

Spoiler:

Here's my answer to your thought.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • An update in text form for version 6.8.

The Johto League seems to be finished. I don't notice any particular errors with it. There might be something when it comes to the interaction with Oak afterwards, but it should be fine. All trainers, rounds 1 and 2, are finished. That was fun to make, even if the Elite Four rooms are annoying. I might touch up the rooms themselves, but honestly I don't care that much if the rooms aren't animated.

Otherwise, I did another Johto rebalance. Why? Because I decided to swap the order you go after Morty. Instead of going to Chuck/Jasmine, you go to Pryce. Why? I don't know, but I wanted to do it, so I did.

As far as I can tell, the only things left are an optional dungeon and a small event somewhere. So that should be fun. I'm hoping that I'll finish it late this month, or at worst first half of March.

And with that, it should be the last update outside of bugfixes. The final end of an era. But don't be sad, I'm also picking away at a port of 1.8 to another Fire Red rom base. Why?

Well, there's something else I want to do in the future if I'm able to bring myself to finishing that port. I'll say more if I end up finishing it, but so far it's going just fine.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Honestly, Cinfest? I hope so too.

Anyway, time for one last update. Unless there's bugfixes to be made. Then I'll be making another version. Hopefully this will be the last bit of content I'll need to upload, though.

Introducing, Version 6.8. The hopefully final major version of TPPE(R).

https://mega.nz/file/6xYlCICZ#xbU29vKV10Skf7rsSqja0oSlHZYsXBTotuFcQoD4YDk

Brand new to TPPE(R) in version 6.8 are:
    Spoiler:

There might also be more bugs than I'm going to point out here, but since I don't know about them, I won't list them, but the Bugs and Other things section:

Spoiler:

I would recommend playing a new file for this, I don't even want to imagine what this would look like if you've already beaten the game.

Once again, thank you all so much for playing this. Thank you so much for liking this. I hope you continue to enjoy it, despite my absolutely insane way of updating this game being effectively: "I know this game is basically done, but what if I just JAMMED something somewhere randomly in progression?" which is probably exhausting as a player.

Hopefully my next project comes out well. Hopefully I'm even able to get something out for it at some point before 4 years pass. That would be nice.

Oh, and I added in a map to the folder. You get to see my bad MS Paint drawings for it detailing most of the new area names. The green square by Cianwood was too large to fit in, however, so the name for it is: Challenger's Gate.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Apparently I can't stop myself from continuing on for some reason.

I've gotten a few prods about a bug or two to fix, and while fixing those one or two minor things, suddenly I started mapping something. I tried to stop myself, but I couldn't.

Next update will have another small dungeon in addition to minor bug fixes. While this one has its spot in progression rather than being just a side dungeon, fear not, I will make it accessible to those who passed that point in progression so you don't have to restart your save to go into it. I'll even put in the (minor amount of) effort to actually make sure that it isn't going to re-trigger events, too. That being said, it would be the best to do it in order if possible.

Here's a preview shot for it:
    Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Apologies if this is irritating, after making a big whole speech about that last update being my last, but this actually does resolve one last irritation that I had with the whole thing. There is something of a point to it, as said in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

I just wish I thought of it before I released the last version, honestly.

I'll try to make 6.85 the last version, but I guess just ignore any of my predictions on what the 'last' version is.

After all, I thought originally it would be 4.82, then I thought it would be 6.01, then that update got split in half so 6.51 was the update I thought would be the last. Then I thought it would be 6.8. So apparently I have the worst track record of guessing when I'm actually done with this.

I'm actually sorry about this. I really am. It's probably really weird to apologize for adding more stuff, but I feel weirdly guilty for doing it.

Last edited:

Cinfest

LUNATIC
    Years
  • If anyone would like to contribute to the Touhoudex please PM me here first rather than requesting editing permissions directly. Please also PM me if you'd really like that Johto location data, as I will be taking that demand into account when making decisions. Editing permission requests without prior messaging will be ignored because hey, this is the internet.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • If you'd like to contribute to the Touhoudex please PM me here first rather than requesting editing permissions directly. Please also PM me if you'd really like that Johto location data, as I will be taking that demand into account when making decisions. Editing permission requests without prior messaging will be ignored because hey, this is the internet.

Was the requester EndlessStrength? If not, then that wasn't me. If you weren't talking about me, then that's fair enough.

Anyway, casual drop of a v6.85, and given the problems in this before, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6.86 in the future.

Here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/file/6xYlCICZ#xbU29vKV10Skf7rsSqja0oSlHZYsXBTotuFcQoD4YDk

More info in the spoiler:

Spoiler:

I am sorry for the shoddy release of v6.8. As I said, I am still doing bug fixes for it in so far as I can.

EDIT (6:00 AM Eastern Time): Updated 6.85 link and description.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    ...Wow! The dedication of the two of you on this project simply amazes me. I've been silently keeping up with the updates as they've come along, but really, I can't say enough how much I appreciate this as a player. TPPER has been a really important romhack in my eyes, and seeing you go out of your way to ensure that it's as complete as possible even years after release is something worthy of inspiration.

I've accepted that you don't want to change the game too much, though if I had to give one small final request, I still think that Kasen and/or Sendai should be available pre-Elite Four. This game has a real shortage of physical attackers compared to special ones, and all it does is make teambuilding an absolute nightmare.

Also, an idea just hit me - I'll wait a bit longer for the bug fixes to come in, but I think I might stream the full game on Twitch sometime this year. I kind of want to do another playthrough - one just because I love the game, two because I'm hopelessly infatuated with Touhou, and finally because I feel like it'd be a perfect send-off to this awesome project. Not sure when it will be - perhaps sometime this Summer? I'll make sure to post in this thread when I plan on doing so, just in case anybody wants to stop by. AspreyFM's playthrough of this game is like, my favorite playthrough of all time, and though I'm not nearly as entertaining I still think it'll make for a fun time.

So yeah - all the thanks, really. Certainly no need to apologize - I greatly appreciate when developers keep projects alive even after so much time has passed. Outside of my small request above, I really don't have many complaints with the game anymore outside of the few obvious bugs remaining that will likely be fixed. Looking forward to revisiting this later - it's already a valuable source of nostalgia for me. :)

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Dropping a new version. Deleted the last two posts because it'd be weird to have three posts with the same link next to each other. v6.88 should have hopefully gotten rid of most of the bugs that I could actually fix. While there's some still known remaining, at this point I am unsure as to if I can do anything else with them for now.

Thank you for being understanding, and hopefully you get a relatively smooth experience with this version.

Here is the actual link. If you saw a link in this post that was different, I uploaded the wrong version:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/b0c1...t_Play_Enhanced_%28Reloaded%29_v6.88.rar/file

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Got something new for you. It's mostly just text updates and fixes.

Also I changed the ghost in the Boneka Tower to a Miko because shrug. Just mentioning it here for Cinfest's benefit.

Here's the new link for it, and I will update the main post with it as well:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/ef5o...t_Play_Enhanced_%28Reloaded%29_v6.8A.rar/file

EDIT: Replacing v6.89 with v6.8A because I fixed not only an Onbashira Tower bug, but also possibly the sound bug around Violet City. I say possibly because I was the only person who could test it.

This fix may have also messed with some battles in the game. Hopefully it didn't, and if it did, I will replace this version again, but as far as I can tell, it's fixed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Hey, I know this is old, but just getting to play this one, but where is the exp share? I keep trying to find it but everything tells me it is between Fushia and Route 15, but I got VS Seeker. A little help maybe?

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Heyo. Been playing this for the last couple days, it's quite good!
    Posting because I found a bug on the latest version, and I'm not sure what caused it?

I'm assuming these were supposed to be expensive, but not "impossible to purchase" expensive.

Fair warning, I did use PKHeX to edit my save a little bit (gave myself Shanghai early, because she's cute), but I can't imagine that that would've affected this shop at all, especially considering it's the only one to be bugged like this.

e: also, not sure if this was intended or not but I saw a video of an older(?) version of the patch where the rival was Renko/Maribel, but mine was Blue. I believe my ROM was right, but considering this is patching the "(Squirrels)" version of FireRed, and not the default one, I can't actually tell.

e2: okay, so, i went back later with more money and I *could* purchase them for 30,000, which is actually fairly reasonable. I'm assuming there's no actual way to display a 5-digit price in the menu because 3rd gen is quirky like that, so, uh... nevermind, I guess? ^^;

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @HadezPKMN: It should be in the Vermillion City Center where the Vs Seeker used to be.

@wafflezinyoface: Yeah, that's an unfortunate factor of Gen 3. It can only display 4 digits. The older version did have Maribel or Renko as the rival, but this version does not. I reverted her back into Blue.

This is more of a test than a full-on version, I will be completely honest. Since I have mostly been working on something else, I haven't had much of a chance to particularly test out a lot of the changes I made to this recently. I will try to fix bugs if I find them (Or, at this point, more realistically when someone else finds them), but do keep in mind that version 6.8A is still there.

The reason I have to qualify it with this statement is due to the fact that this version does, indeed, add in the Touhou 14 mons. Not replaces to add them, but adds them entirely. The dex descriptions are not done, and there are probably a bunch of bugs related to this, one of them being the fact that the Shanghai that gets sent out at the start is completely black. I don't know how to fix that. But, hey. It's something else to tide you over, I suppose.

If the bugs are too numerous to fix, then I shall apply some fixes to a 6.8A version and then release that.

Also included is an ini file, for if you want to try to see inside of the rom to get the stats of the new puppets. They're not 1 to 1 from the Touhoumon 1.8 wiki, so this might be helpful. It's to be used with Gen 3 Tools. Set the number of pokemon to 460 if it asks you for that, though.

Thank you for the support, and I apologize for releasing another version of this. I promise, I will release something else eventually.

Here's the link to it:

Removed once more due to it being catastrophically messed up.

(Also, if you have been getting bad eggs in your PC and haven't used any external devices on your file, then I legitimately do not know what causes it.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • 6.8A was long.
    The dex showed 385/385 but I saw all but 1 puppet.
    Can you not get Fairy (National 351)?
    Edit: Looking at the youtube series I just finished, I found Fairy is supposed to be at Lake of Rage, and in 6.9 it's there so it's can't be naturally caught in 6.8A.

It's easy to miss the gift (shiny) C Sanae when so many places get unlocked at once.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2021
    Hi, there seems to be a bug with the new 6.9 (test) in vermillion forest that when you go through the gate to pewter tou get teleported into the middle of trees and you can't get out.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @KAnon2020
    Yeah, it's supposed to be in Lake of Rage and I suppose I forgot to re-add in the grass there, apologies. And yeah, it's intended for a LOT of things to be unlocked, relatively speaking, after the Johto League.

@DeLoreanCius
    I actually can't reproduce this. I don't disbelieve you, I just can't reproduce this on my file.

Edit: I think I know why... I accidentally left a much earlier version ALSO in the folder.

Use the more recent version in that folder, that was such a massive mistake.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    Quick question, does the old lady who lives on Cape Brink (On Two Island of the Sevii Islands) still teach Ultimate moves to the starters?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    Also, sometimes you end up with glitchy invisible eggs in your Boneka Boxes that take up space and don't seem to do much else. Are they a bug?

Back