• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Years
  • So, I was just wondering, why is Blue your rival in this while in Puppet Play Enhanced it's a girl from Touhou instead? I kind of prefer the latter than having boring Blue as a rival again.

Years
  • Hey, so, I tried patching to 6.8A10 but the rival is still Blue. I did a patch to version 3 and the rival was now Renko, the way it should be, but Oak still referred to them with the dialogue meant for Blue. I don't know what to do to get everything patched properly with everything working as intended. Can anyone help?

Marinebeast

violet phantom in disguise
    Years
  • In the case of the "God" -> "Kami" changes, it's because those characters (Kanako, Suwako, and some others) are specifically kami, as in, the Japanese divine being. While "kami" is often translated to "god", it throws out the cultural meaning of the term (because "kami" is inherently pretty unique and complex compared to "god") and just makes them come off as more generic beings, which detracts from the history and concepts for these characters.
    This is particularly relevant for Kanako, who is a character specifically meant to be a sort of "fusion" of two specific kami (Yasakatohime-okami and Takeminakata-okami, if I recall correctly).

It's like turning "youkai" into.... I don't know, "demon" or "goblin". It scrubs away the inherent Japanese nature of the term for the sake of being more generic and "understandable" to Western audiences, which really doesn't make any sense for anything Touhou. :( If a term is "not informative" to an audience playing this game, then Google and/or more research into the source material is free...?

Anyways, it's all cool with the SSariel thing. I wasn't sure where they were found ingame-- the last time I played this hack to completion, SSariel was specifically a lv100 Mt. Silver [Interior] wild spawn and it felt odd not being able to obtain that form otherwise.

The second bug i found was about "Lock On", when ennemy use it, the Lock On act on themself instead of the opponent (me). I don't know if the effect work like intended, because it's hard to check that when you don't play around it. Don't know either on who work "Lock On" when the player use it, because i don't have any Bonéka that use it. (Frankly, if you need to change that, just make "Lock On" a capacity that boost accuracy at +2 and that it)

That's mysterious, since Lock On was specifically meant to have the "Lock On" effect specified in the move editor. I would recommend obtaining a puppet that has the move and then testing it with a low-to-mid-accuracy move (OHKO attacks, Zap Cannon, the works) to see if it's consistent.
    If it doesn't work, then +2 Accuracy or something isn't a bad idea, though that effect may need to be manually added.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, so, I tried patching to 6.8A10 but the rival is still Blue. I did a patch to version 3 and the rival was now Renko, the way it should be, but Oak still referred to them with the dialogue meant for Blue. I don't know what to do to get everything patched properly with everything working as intended. Can anyone help?

That might be why Zeta Sukuna changed the rival to Blue, and later removed the older Maribel player option for a young Renko option

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I've finally torn myself away from working on Touhoumon Another World Retold and managed to do an update to this hack! Whoo!

Things that I've fixed:
    Reverted Thrash to the original 1.8 version
    Reverted Lock-On to the original 1.8 version
    (Hopefully) Fixed Nightmare to work properly
    Fixed up a bunch of signs in Johto
    Fixed up connections in Route 34
    Changed the version title to not actually be as dumb

There's probably still a bunch that I missed, but hey, getting some things squished is better than none, right? Hopefully this works.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hl10...t_Play_Enhanced_%28Reloaded%29_v6.8B.rar/file

Also, yes. There are multiple reasons I've replaced Renko with Blue, one of which being the fact that now Renko is playable in this. But also I wasn't a fan of the dialogue that replaced Blue's original dialogue. This is non-negotiable.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2023
    First off, thanks for continuing to put effort into maintaining and advancing this hack; I really love Touhou and I appreciate it!

One thing I'm not clear about from reading and searching, though: is there a reliable way to randomise the game? I saw mention upthread that it works (via UPRZX, I guess?) But I've also seen elsewhere that rando messes up the final four moves in the learnset of everything to make them all the same. Any advice would be appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2023
    Hello, I just downloaded and played this game for a few days and had an absolute blast with it, but a problem comes up just now while playing.

I already beat E4 and finished the ruby sapphire gem quest at One Island. Then I go to Viridian City, head to route 22. When passing by the large house in Viridian City, there is a team rocket guy, and I got a "cutscene" of him talking. After the cutscene however, I cannot move my characters and any buttons I press dont work. Here are some screenshot :
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...01381/Screenshot_20221228-152555_Lemuroid.jpg
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...77472/Screenshot_20221228-152600_Lemuroid.jpg
    The flowers are still moving back and forth, but all characters (me, townspeople, teamrocket) freezes.

Please do help. Thanks in advance.

Edit : After turning the emulator OFF and back ON again, it works perfectly. Thanksfully I had a save just recently before the bug occured.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I know there hasn't been any updates in a while, but is there any chance of updating the movelists for HEirin and APatchouli to learn Surf? I think every Water-type Puppet should be able to learn Surf, and if there is no option to reverse evolutions (or switch to an alternative evolved form), then there should be no problem with allowing Puppets that gain Water-type upon evolution to be able to learn Surf.

In my opinion, a Pokemon hack that requires HM moves to be learned to use their effects outside battle should try to be accommodating with which species can learn the HM moves. This applies to all HMs, but Surf and Fly in particular should be available to most Water and Flying type species respectively, unless there is a specific reason not to allow them (e.g., Magikarp/Feebas don't learn Surf because their movelists need to be crappy, Doduo/Dodrio can't learn Fly because they're ostriches, etc).

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    (e.g., Magikarp/Feebas don't learn Surf because their movelists need to be crappy, Doduo/Dodrio can't learn Fly because they're ostriches, etc).

Actually, Doduo/Dodrio CAN learn Fly (even though it doesn't make sense) and Feebas CAN learn Surf (it can learn TM/HMs and egg moves before evolving). All of this works in favor of your argument though.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • I'm not adding Surf to Attack Patchouli or Helper Eirin.

Patchouli would probably suffer if she tried to surf (the character in canon is anemic and asthmatic and spends most of her time weakened due to this), and I don't need to give Helper Eirin more things (She was practically one of the strongest mons in a metagame back in the day).

This is not arguable, I vehemently disagree with this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright, I guess that's fair. Looks like Genji will need to stick around then.
    I'm guessing you didn't pick Sanae as your starter? I'm asking because she gets Surf (even as a Chibi)
    also, you probably have a Good Rod, so you can catch Chibi Nitori pretty easily (I remember when I was in a 6.8A7-6.8B playthrough when I found a shiny Chibi Nitori while looking for Namazu)
    I don't have that save anymore, but that Nitori wound up part of my final team that playthrough

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I'm guessing you didn't pick Sanae as your starter? I'm asking because she gets Surf (even as a Chibi)
    also, you probably have a Good Rod, so you can catch Chibi Nitori pretty easily (I remember when I was in a 6.8A7-6.8B playthrough when I found a shiny Chibi Nitori while looking for Namazu)
    I don't have that save anymore, but that Nitori wound up part of my final team that playthrough
    Well, I normally avoid overlapping types, so I don't want to train up another Water type alongside APatchy. I could use the Nitori, but if I'm gonna reserve a slot for Surf, I might as well utilize it for other HMs as well, so Genji should fit right in.

On a completely unrelated note, how early can you get your first Rainbow Shard? In particular, I want to know if it's practical to have an Advent before the Kanto E4.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2024
    You can get RainbowShards at Goldenrod Game Corner and at Lotus Land Shops (end game).
    Not sure if Goldenrod is before or after Kanto E4, don't remember sorry.
    Also not sure if you can pick them up somewhere on the ground or something, but I don't think so.
    For HM slaves I used Namazu (Flash, Waterfall, Surf) and Remilia (Fly, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash).

Days
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I'm a little confused about evolution. Do the shards only work on chibi forms? I wanted to get alternative evos on my entire team but I've already evolved most of them by level under the assumption that shard forms acted as third evos. Please tell me I didn't waste hours of training.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • I'm a little confused about evolution. Do the shards only work on chibi forms? I wanted to get alternative evos on my entire team but I've already evolved most of them by level under the assumption that shard forms acted as third evos. Please tell me I didn't waste hours of training.

Unfortunately, shard evos are only for chibi forms. They're alternate forms compared to the base form.

Back