• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Touhoumon: Another World Remix

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Im surprised that nobody has adressed the audiot glitch that STILL exist in this game, the tile glitch before selecting your 2nd(?) starter at the beginning of the game and the text being too bright pink on some people.

It's less that I don't know about them and more that I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix. I've tried a few things but nothing has worked as an adequate patch job, what if something does happen to know what causes these problems I would be glad to do what I can.

Though about the text color, I don't think that's a glitch. That might've been a creative choice by Aichiya.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
It's less that I don't know about them and more that I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix. I've tried a few things but nothing has worked as an adequate patch job, what if something does happen to know what causes these problems I would be glad to do what I can.

Though about the text color, I don't think that's a glitch. That might've been a creative choice by Aichiya.

Its kinda hard to read it so i doubt is something creative to add and the one that had that the original text i think it was still normal text color unless im not remembering correctly. And that kind suck about the audio the.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Noticed something strange. Items reappears when you leave area and come back. At least for the Escape Rope from the mansion and the Roar TM is doing that for what ive noticed

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I really am not sure if this is gonna get updated ever or anything but something im noticing and didnt saw on the bug section is that physical and special split seems to completely broken. As in, not working at all.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I really am not sure if this is gonna get updated ever or anything but something im noticing and didnt saw on the bug section is that physical and special split seems to completely broken. As in, not working at all.
Yeah, it's been mentioned. Supposedly the split I have in place plays with some damage values, but whatever the hell they are is beyond me. It might be because of the programs I used to edit the individual moves or some flubbed hex insertion, but I need to figure out exactly what it is.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Yeah, it's been mentioned. Supposedly the split I have in place plays with some damage values, but whatever the hell they are is beyond me. It might be because of the programs I used to edit the individual moves or some flubbed hex insertion, but I need to figure out exactly what it is.

You should reconsider and find someone to help you on this IF this is really still being worked on because it seems the the hack itself is too much of a mess and some guy i know who tried to open this said is better to start from the ground up on how much of a cluster the romhack it is. He doest even begin to understand how this room was even made and why is it it so messy.

If split is hard to find then might as well remove it and leave it as gen 3 spacial and physical. And maybe change some moves around to make sense out of most of the Touhoumons typing end stat bases because things like Flandre(?) the fire/dark has a bunch of special attacks and barely can use her Darkness ability and base attack. But if you do somehow fix the split or ask someone to help you on it then this wont be an issue at all. But as it is, most 2hus are barely useful with there stats to move ratio

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You should reconsider and find someone to help you on this IF this is really still being worked on because it seems the the hack itself is too much of a mess and some guy i know who tried to open this said is better to start from the ground up on how much of a cluster the romhack it is. He doest even begin to understand how this room was even made and why is it it so messy.

If split is hard to find then might as well remove it and leave it as gen 3 spacial and physical. And maybe change some moves around to make sense out of most of the Touhoumons typing end stat bases because things like Flandre(?) the fire/dark has a bunch of special attacks and barely can use her Darkness ability and base attack. But if you do somehow fix the split or ask someone to help you on it then this wont be an issue at all. But as it is, most 2hus are barely useful with there stats to move ratio
I've actually been considering that. Aichiya made a pretty healthy documentation what's actually been done is quite...extensive, and a bit disorganized. Just remaking the hack from the beginning would alleviate a lot of issues that are present (since even implementing new mechanics like the Phys/Spec split is difficult at this point).

But as for working with someone, that's pretty unlikely. Asking for help here and there's certainly something I'll do, but as I said before, this is being worked on pretty casually. Sometimes that's in the way of the odd edit here or there, others (such as back when I was making new versions for this left and right) consist of long nights of me rewriting pokedex entries, playing with hex, and fixing scripts. That's kind of why I couldn't work with someone else, but it's also why I haven't pushed this out of the...er...Launchpad I guess it's called now. It still has quite a ways to go before even a formal release of a beta, and I still have a lot I want to do before I want people touching it. Even though they have, but that's how I learn about these bugs so I definitely appreciate that much.

Last edited:

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I've actually been considering that. Agastya made a pretty healthy documentation what's actually been done is quite...extensive, and a bit disorganized. Just remaking the hack from the beginning would alleviate a lot of issues that are present (since even implementing new mechanics like the Phys/Spec split is difficult at this point).

But as for working with someone, that's pretty unlikely. Asking for help here and there's certainly something I'll do, but as I said before, this is being worked on pretty casually. Sometimes that's in the way of the odd edit here or there, others (such as back when I was making new versions for this left and right) consist of long nights of me rewriting pokedex entries, playing with hex, and fixing scripts. That's kind of why I couldn't work with someone else, but it's also why I haven't pushed this out of the...er...Launchpad I guess it's called now. It still has quite a ways to go before even a formal release of a beta, and I still have a lot I want to do before I want people touching it. Even though they have, but that's how I learn about these bugs so I definitely appreciate that much.

Well you'll know what to do i suppose. Being seening this pretty inactive even as a casual touch kills what little hope this chaotic romhax has to offer. At least is playable but that shouldn't be enough for one to be pleased. Good luck on the carnage with this game or be like Houdini, kappa. Your choice in the end of the day.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2017
this looks really promising, I cant wait to see what comes of this. Full conversion hacks are the most interesting to me.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Alright, it's dig dug time.

This isn't an update, this is just me being a fickle fuck and deciding that I want to work on this some more. Mainly because this hack means a surprising amount to me- that is, both Remix and the original incarnation.

So what does this mean? Well, mostly that I'm starting over. Again. Probably. And I'm very really considering starting from scratch with a fresh Fire Red rom and recreating the hack from the ground up. Realistically, the former's the only one in the cards because these days I just don't have the time to make an entire hack out of the blue like that. Well, probably. But the second reason's because it'd take a lot less time to do the former and, well, I want it to get done. Or at least be playable- something I'm not willing to say about Remix as it is.

Don't call this a comeback because honestly I don't want to say anything definitive about this until I'm sure that I can release something that's of a higher quality of the releases in the past. As such, I'm shifting my priority to more technical problems and then moving on to the game itself. And the main reason for this is that fixing technical issues makes it so that even if people don't like what I change in the hack, they can play Another World without a lot of the bugs that existed in the game proper. This also creates a baseline by which I can safely build off of without worrying about having to do it over assuming I have to rollback X number of revisions for whatever reason.

Oh, and mostly unrelated.

In regards to Layla, I thought of another solution. It's pretty simple and she'll still be in the game, so I think it'll make for a pretty solid compromise.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 27, 2023
That sounds really interesting! I could see why you'd want to just remake the game from the ground up; I'd tried remaking the game myself a few years ago and had to give up when I was, like, 10% through. (I never did end up figuring out how the Gap Zone map worked...)

I'm quite eager to see where you go with this; best of luck!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
If anyone can help me at all with the patching of the .ups file to get into it then I would REALLY appreciate it. I'm stuck on patching it but I can't seem to patch it correctly.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
I am using the NUPS .ups patching with the .ups file and the clean Fire Red rom, but somehow it says "Patch is Corrupt" and i'm starting to get a bit confused at this point.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
I'm sorry for the long wait but I had classes and I wasn't the most attentive to my online problems when I am in class.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 21, 2020
So, how alive/undead is this thing?
The last update was in 2015, and honestly, it doesn't feel like Touhoumon Another World Remix will still become a thing at this point.
What is it, that can make this project become a reality?
What can people do to help, including those with no clue about romhacking (outside from bringing awareness of this project to attention)?

Would really love to see a bug-free, as close to the original Japanese version of the game at a point, and it feels like people hardly care anymore about Touhoumon in general.
I remember how happy I was seeing your thread here, just to realize that nothing is happening here anymore. :/

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So, how alive/undead is this thing?
The last update was in 2015, and honestly, it doesn't feel like Touhoumon Another World Remix will still become a thing at this point.
What is it, that makes this project become a reality?
What can people do to help, including thise with no clue about romhacking (outside from bringing awareness of this project to attention)?

Would really love to see a bug-free, as close to the original Japanese version of the game at a point, and it feels like people hardly care anymore about Touhoumon in general.
I remember how happy I was seeing your thread here, just to realize that nothing is happening here anymore. :/
It's not dropped, I actually started working on it again semi-recently, and it's certainly not going anywhere.

The problem is, with my first attempt I ended up hitting walls that I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get around without translating the original Japanese Gensokyo Scenario (which, really, would require remaking it from scratch), and some other things didn't really go as planned (ie. The phys/special split supposedly not working as intended. These are incredible hits to motivation and actually finding support on it is difficult because rather than being a new product, it's a hack of a hack (of a hack), so pinpointing the reasons that things are going awry is difficult in its own right.

Though, honestly, if I could just fix the more crucial bugs that plagued the original Another World I'd probably be raring to go. Only thing is I don't really know where to start, and as much as I'd love to move on to other things, these issues should be the base for the rest of the hack, so they need to be done before I can get into the balancing, translations, etc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 21, 2020
It's not dropped, I actually started working on it again semi-recently, and it's certainly not going anywhere.

Good to hear.
How's the current progress?
What do you currently need help with?
What are your future plans and in which order do you intend to tackle potentially rising issues?
Anything people not well-versed in romhacking can do to help?

The problem is, with my first attempt I ended up hitting walls that I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get around without translating the original Japanese Gensokyo Scenario (which, really, would require remaking it from scratch), and some other things didn't really go as planned (ie. The phys/special split supposedly not working as intended. These are incredible hits to motivation and actually finding support on it is difficult because rather than being a new product, it's a hack of a hack (of a hack), so pinpointing the reasons that things are going awry is difficult in its own right.

Didn't you say that you wanted to start from scratch entirely?
That's what I always thought you were doing after you mentioned starting from scratch being an option.
I'd definitely advocate for that, since, while being much more time-consuming, you would know the in's and out's of the ROM and could handle bug-tracking much easier without breaking anything in the rom.

Alternatively, try to make a collab/ask for help/work with Aichi and/or the original team behind Touhoumon: Gensokyo Scenario and see how it will turn out.
Or, you can keep working on it alone and put the project on github, where everyone could help you whenever they felt like it, to whatever extent they would like to support you.
This way, lurkers (like me) could also follow the progress of the project and see when the last changes have been made, and what has been changed.
I just relly wish for the completion of this project, as lots of people moaned that Touhoumon never has any new regions and stuff; Another World would be the best Touhoumon hack, if it received the much-needed polish and is being finished (*cough* Yukari's Island *cough*).

What I'm saying is, that with your first attempt, you hit a brick wall.
That's fine; start from a fresh rom, import/rip sprites, map tiles, ASM and whatnot from the original game and slowly, but steadily copy everything into the fresh rom.
Sounds like the best way to handle it for the time being (or, try importing everything to a fresh, new rom little by litte and see, what stuff breaks the rom, when being imported to the new rom).

Though, honestly, if I could just fix the more crucial bugs that plagued the original Another World I'd probably be raring to go. Only thing is I don't really know where to start, and as much as I'd love to move on to other things, these issues should be the base for the rest of the hack, so they need to be done before I can get into the balancing, translations, etc.

That's why I advocate so much for you starting from a fresh, new rom.
Heck, contacting the original team behind Gensokyo Scenario might even be your best shot for bugfixing (unless Aichi introduced these bugs, I dunno).
This way, the dialogue, original interpretation of Gensokyo Scenario and maybe, even story development could be adressed.
I would have no clue how to contact them though.

At any rate, I don't know how much progress you semi-recently made (seriously, it would've been nice to hear about this when you started working on it again), but I don't think that you will get around of starting from scratch with a fresh rom, if you intend to fix all the bugs in Another World, let alone the most crucial ones.
I'm asking myself how I could help speeding up development, but I can't do much more other than trying to encourage you, giving feedback/suggestions and spreading the word. :/
I just have no clue about romhacking and prefer playing games over creating/modifying them.

Well, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Back