• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhoumon Another World: Retold (Demo 1.0.6 Released, 8/16/2023)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
I'm admittedly probably not going to bother with multiplayer stuff, honestly. Partially because it can end up causing some weird things for the overall story. I don't think there's a place you can trade in this hack, and if there is I should probably yeet it.

Also:

I don't think badges are good measure of progress in a hack like this, when your team is most likely going to be in the 60's and possibly even the 70's, at the time of completion. The only other thing I can add here is that you would be able to get the Last Words at this point via Marisa's Magic World, you can buy as many Last Tags as you want and trade evolve when you want to. In normal circumstances you would not want to evolve into a Last Word to early, since like stone evolution's they learn no new moves (you can use the move tutor to re-teach the level 1 moves (but not pre-evolution moves) and via TMs and HMs).

The level cap is 135 and you're probably getting to 80-85 by the time Kanto's done. Bosses are balanced under mostly the same rules you're playing with, so they're also not getting Last Words for a while either and that's why I use badges as a measure of it.

Even if I didn't, I can at least tell you that you'll be getting Last Words well before the actual final boss encounter. Because the Kanto Champion is not the final boss, and there's a fair bit of stuff to be planned after that. A decent amount more than in the original hack, in fact.

I'm kind of uninterested entirely in letting people have Last Words during most of Kanto's main campaign for the most part. On both sides. There's a couple that will, but you're not at that point yet.

I'm not really knowledgeable on Touhou lore, outside of the fan anime. I haven't played the games that much, since I prefer JRPGs and VNs, I prefer a story over combat. In terms of the bonéka slots have you run out of space in the ROM? When I was researching I came across this thread. It might be of interest if you have not read that already.

I'm also mostly trying to keep parity with another hack, but I might eventually try to expand.

Along side the breeding facility, when or where will be the VS seeker be obtainable? Will an EV training area (similar to the in MMW, shown below) be added? I also noticed the iDollDex map not displaying the areas correctly, I did not bring this up myself, since a Wiki or Spreadsheet can be made created later to solve that problem.

Due to what I needed to do to have trainers available, rematches are kinda gonna be goofy. For the time being, I'm too lazy to re-figure out how to only have the first match display, and them stopping near the end of Kanto would look a bit awkward anyway. So, the vs seeker is not going to be in here for now. I might change my mind in the future.

There might be an EV training area eventually, but not yet. And the iDollDex map is just... honestly not built for this overall, so it not working is not the biggest surprise.

By EX bonéka I meant the ones that don't have iDollDex entries: the Z, Vocaloid and the Ho-Oh. Here is a link to the original iDollDex this data is not complete, though. Reimu, Marisa and Sanae did have Last World forms in the original trio, if these X forms are a suitable alternative, then all good. In terms of it being too early, as long as they are obtainable before the bonéka league, that's probably early enough.

I should've talked about this earlier, and I did kind of touch on it with my answer with the Last Words... but you're not getting any X forms before the Boneka League. The Boneka League is not end game, it's not even going to be portrayed as end game, there's going to be a fair amount of stuff afterwards. Stuff like Vocaloid and Ho-oh are just cut entirely due to needing those spaces, also they're not even well made mons.

Days
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
Wait so I can't progress in the story afterwards? No Blaine/Giovanni/E4?

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Wait so I can't progress in the story afterwards? No Blaine/Giovanni/E4?

The demo is over, so no. None of the stuff afterwards is actually even particularly worked on as of the released build. I've even changed Guren Island's map since then so you're not really missing much of anything currently.

Days
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
That's a shame, I was really enjoying playing it. Will you finish the story at some point though?

Days
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2023
Wow, I didn't realize how recent this release was when I first snagged it. I didn't play the original Touhoumon games, so I guess I don't have much of a frame of reference, but I adore this game so far. You've done an awesome job, Zeta.

I am a little stuck, though. I just received the first tome from Keine, and I can't figure out where to go from there. I've made a full pass of everywhere accessible in Gensokyo and nobody has any event flags for me. Did I miss something?

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Wow, I didn't realize how recent this release was when I first snagged it. I didn't play the original Touhoumon games, so I guess I don't have much of a frame of reference, but I adore this game so far. You've done an awesome job, Zeta.

I am a little stuck, though. I just received the first tome from Keine, and I can't figure out where to go from there. I've made a full pass of everywhere accessible in Gensokyo and nobody has any event flags for me. Did I miss something?

Yeah, it's kinda wild that I finally got something out for this, hah. Thanks for the compliment.

Also, you can go back to Kanto after getting that tome. You're not missing anything after getting the Azure Tome other than maybe some optional things.

Years
I play some versions of this game i am not a huge fan of touhoumon but it is fun maybe 2 things i would like to see is TM infinite use or access to the TM at some point and easy Evolution at least not be a pain like friendship or like Wurmple or Feebas but so far i like your work keep it up and thanks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 6, 2023
I am enjoying the game so far, but got stuck after getting in the bonétech. Just have seen Jan runnign after Hana stop the bullies and talked to Dean about it, I think I shall find and talk to Jan, but no idea where he's, Any leads?

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Finished doing a lot of mapping within the past couple months. Almost everything between Demo 1's ending and... I'd like to say 2/3 of the way through Demo 2, everything before the Boneka League. I've even planted trainers down. I will soon be starting to do main story scripting within the coming days.

Like, worry not, I've been working on this for a while. I just didn't have much to really say on the matter for the time being.

Back