• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhoumon Another World: Retold (Demo 1.0.6 Released, 8/16/2023)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
I do not, no. Outside of some things, I am mostly done with this, though I am still waiting for a couple people to finish their playthroughs to refine this more. You have no idea how many really dumb oversights there were, or literally misnaming characters in this relatively story based hack. It would've been embarrassing if I released it the instant it was done.

Given the multiple references I've made to it, yes, this means that I have finished the content I have intended for the first demo release. It is just in refinement for now. After this section of development is finished, I will do a couple more changes in the hack and then release it. Hopefully either this or next month.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
It's taken me a lot longer than I expected to make this post, but I think it's been about time. I definitely underestimated the amount of time I needed to finish what I wanted to for this demo, that's for sure, and for that I sincerely apologize.

However, if nothing else, patience can be rewarded from time to time. Let's post what you've (hopefully) been waiting for first before I get into things.

Within that spoiler is the file for Demo 1.0. This demo has taken years to make, and I put my all into it. It would not be possible without a lot of help. While I have the credits, or what I could remember of it, within both the download files and in the first post, there's a few people I wish to thank right here for massive contributions to this project in the spoiler below:

Spoiler:

I tried to make sure the hack didn't have any particularly horrible bugs within it, but people are, in fact, people and may not necessarily get everything. Hopefully it will work properly, and whatever issues that end up cropping up aren't too severe.

However, while there is a launch now, do not be surprised if some bug fix patches go out soon as well (possibly even a couple of features to be implemented). I want to leave Demo 1 in a good state before I begin development for content for Demo 2. Or at least a state that isn't really poor.

Please, enjoy. I put a lot into this, and I really did enjoy making this. I hope you have even a fraction of the fun I had while you play this.

A request below:
Spoiler:

Edit: If you've downloaded demo 1.0, then please download demo 1.0.1, it fixes the Boneka Centers.

Edit 2: 1.0.2 (hopefully) fixes a minor bug and a couple of tiling mistakes. The bug is remote enough that you might not encounter it, but I am putting this here for transparency. (The bug was that you couldn't go back into your room after leaving it for that first segment. It should hopefully not mess with things too much.)

Edit 4 (Replacing Edit 3): Reverted a change to the poisoned and burned conditions, thus allowing them to deal damage again. You will now see messages of being burned or poisoned with boneka that have things such as Toxic Boost, however. Hopefully this change did not cause more problems.

Last edited:

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
I am here!

Big congratulations for finally managing to get the demo out, I know you've literally, as you previously stated, have been working on this for years so I can only imagine how it feels to finally to get to the point where you are now.

Gonna start my playthrough today, and I hope you keep up the good work man!

Zeta Sukuna

Years
I am here!

Big congratulations for finally managing to get the demo out, I know you've literally, as you previously stated, have been working on this for years so I can only imagine how it feels to finally to get to the point where you are now.

Gonna start my playthrough today, and I hope you keep up the good work man!

It's actually pretty nice to get something out there, even if not necessarily as gracefully as I'd hope for. Thanks for following this still, I much appreciate it.

Also just uploaded the 4th minor patch for this. This one hopefully fixes a few scripting errors and some flagging errors.

Edit: Uploaded the 5th minor patch. An actual tileset correction! Something that I would have never seen, but someone had some eagle eyes and reported it!

Also edited the Masara Town map a bit and changed the Vine Whip animation to ACTUALLY be the Vine Whip animation and NOT the Power Whip animation. Overall a small patch, but still feel like I should put this out.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
About this game Evolution is it various form (Atk, Spd, Def) or just Linear 3 Evolution?

It is a linear 2 evolutions kind of game (mostly), rather than the 1 evolution based stone evolution game like in 1.8 where you can get attack forms, speed forms, etc. Some mons evolve to alternate forms via stones, but they're not as common as in Reloaded.

Years
is a linear 2 evolutions kind of game (mostly), rather than the 1 evolution based stone evolution game like in 1.8 where you can get attack forms, speed forms, etc. Some mons evolve to alternate forms via stones, but they're not as common as in Reloaded.

Thanks, i figured it out as i play, haha
can't wait Documents since I'm too lazy to figure it out.
also will you later Add more features like when buying item in mart it show how much item you had in bag?
and can you add A Sign that will show what Boneka appears in Routes.
lastly is there Bottle Caps (Maxing IVs) or Ability Capsule in Game?

Thank you for the Hacks it's Really nice just manage Barely Beat Misty here...

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Where can I find Rock Smash? I've been playing up until I reached the Tenshi fight in the Hakurei Shrine and I think I have to go to Cinnabar Island since Siplh Co is still locked and Koga is in the Route 19 Cave where we can't pass through. I already defeated Archer in the Nameless Hill section of the game. I currently have Cut, Fly, Strength, Flash, and Surf so I can somewhat explore places. Though I find it weird how I feel like I've explored everything so I just had to go around everything again (but I probably missed something). While going around for hours looking for ways to progress, I found a weird issue with the cutscene that has Mokou visit Keine in the school where it gets retriggered everytime you reset the game and I'm not even sure if that messed up the sequence of the game (I hope it didn't).

I'm currently playing in 1.0.5 for additional information. Good luck to you for this project and thank you in advance

Check attachments for other things I found while playinghttps://imgur.com/gallery/xxqwrXs

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Where can I find Rock Smash? I've been playing up until I reached the Tenshi fight in the Hakurei Shrine and I think I have to go to Cinnabar Island since Siplh Co is still locked and Koga is in the Route 19 Cave where we can't pass through. I already defeated Archer in the Nameless Hill section of the game. I currently have Cut, Fly, Strength, Flash, and Surf so I can somewhat explore places. Though I find it weird how I feel like I've explored everything so I just had to go around everything again (but I probably missed something). While going around for hours looking for ways to progress, I found a weird issue with the cutscene that has Mokou visit Keine in the school where it gets retriggered everytime you reset the game and I'm not even sure if that messed up the sequence of the game (I hope it didn't).

I'm currently playing in 1.0.5 for additional information. Good luck to you for this project and thank you in advance

Check attachments for other things I found while playinghttps://imgur.com/gallery/xxqwrXs

You can't get Rock Smash currently. If you beat Tenshi, you've beaten the demo.

Fixed most of the stuff you mentioned, but could not really fix the Mokou event in Keine's school due to being unable to replicate that bug. I fixed another issue related to that post-launch, am unsure if a save file being transferred would have caused any issues.

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
That's sad to find out

Though overall the game is fun and I have no issues with it yet

I don't know if I can suggest more QoL features for the game since it's all well made in the current version. I don't think there could be other tweaks I can suggest since everything in the game felt fair for me even after the surprise fights. The only one I had troubles with was the Marisa fight but I think it should stay like that and shouldn't be altered any further for now

I'm happy to have been a part of this and I would love to see the finished product in the future. Thank you again :DD

Zeta Sukuna

Years
That's sad to find out

Though overall the game is fun and I have no issues with it yet

I don't know if I can suggest more QoL features for the game since it's all well made in the current version. I don't think there could be other tweaks I can suggest since everything in the game felt fair for me even after the surprise fights. The only one I had troubles with was the Marisa fight but I think it should stay like that and shouldn't be altered any further for now

I'm happy to have been a part of this and I would love to see the finished product in the future. Thank you again :DD

Well, thank you. I know there's other QOL stuff I could do, but some of that ends up falling into a place that I think, personally, is a bit much for at least this version of the game.

Also, demo 1.0.6 is out. I might be tweaking some moveset levels in the future, but I at least wanted to get some fixes out there. Quite a few minor things, honestly, but also a couple of other things that could prove to be sticking points (like Marisa and Reimu accidentally having 31 IVs and proper 252/252/4 EV spreads, though admittedly not necessarily ones that'd be amazing for their mons).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Hi! I'm loving this!

I'm a bit lost after the hole open in yama cave, where I should go?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hmmm i think i'll follow this thread. from what i see it's pretty interesting and i gladly wait longer for the full version and Documentation.

Days
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I played the original trio of the games several years ago, Another World, World Link and Marisa's Magic World. I came across this remake and considering how much I enjoyed the originals, I decided to give this a go. I Just finished playing the current demo, this post is a feedback/mini review.

Positive changes include the new QOL improvements, redesigned Kanto, the visible glitches fixed and the revamped plot.

Before I write about the downsides I have a couple of questions: How to you plan to make the Last Word forms available, (or the current method if they are presently?) Do you plan on making all the bonéka obtainable throughout the game? Will breeding island be re-added? will the multiplayer features be available in the final version?

Is the Kokoro in the power plant a placeholder? Since i already caught it in Shion Town.

Downsides, the main problem is that player side abilities are coming into effect to early (before the opponents bonéka is sent out), when you switch a bonéka in after fainting an opponent, in most cases this does not really matter, unless you have an ability like intimidate, it fails (screenshots provided), I am using RetroArch vba-m.

iDollDex changes: Have the EX bonéka been removed? the SS (Swimsuit) water stone evolution's are removed. The biggest deal breaker for me though, is that the Last Word forms of Sanae, Reimu and Marisa have been removed. I would like to see those forms re-added, if they are just not in the iDollDex then that's perfectly fine. The Last Word forms are one of the big reasons to play the game, I would be very disappointed if all the Last Word forms are not in the game.

(for those who don't know gen 3 Pokemon games have 65535 valid Pokémon slots, most of which are filled by Decamark you still only have 386 Pokédex slots, the main limitation is that you can only 426 Pokémon at a time (14(boxes)*30(per box) = 420 + 6(party) 426 total), going over limit unless you can add more boxes, simply means you can't create a Living Pokédex with a single save file)

Overall a great game so far.

Screenshots below (if there is a better way to add a gallery, without the use of an external hosting provider, let me know and I will update this post. I cannot find an embed gallery tool in the post editor)

Spoiler:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
I played the original trio of the games several years ago, Another World, World Link and Marisa's Magic World. I came across this remake and considering how much I enjoyed the originals, I decided to give this a go. I Just finished playing the current demo, this post is a feedback/mini review.

Positive changes include the new QOL improvements, redesigned Kanto, the visible glitches fixed and the revamped plot.

Before I write about the downsides I have a couple of questions: How to you plan to make the Last Word forms available, (or the current method if they are presently?) Do you plan on making all the bonéka obtainable throughout the game? Will breeding island be re-added? will the multiplayer features be available in the final version?

Is the Kokoro in the power plant a placeholder? Since i already caught it in Shion Town.

Downsides, the main problem is that player side abilities are coming into effect to early (before the opponents bonéka is sent out), when you switch a bonéka in after fainting an opponent, in most cases this does not really matter, unless you have an ability like intimidate, it fails (screenshots provided), I am using RetroArch vba-m.

iDollDex changes: Have the EX bonéka been removed? the SS (Swimsuit) water stone evolution's are removed. The biggest deal breaker for me though, is that the Last Word forms of Sanae, Reimu and Marisa have been removed. I would like to see those forms re-added, if they are just not in the iDollDex then that's perfectly fine. The Last Word forms are one of the big reasons to play the game, I would be very disappointed if all the Last Word forms are not in the game.

(for those who don't know gen 3 Pokemon games have 65535 valid Pokémon slots, most of which are filled by Decamark you still only have 386 Pokédex slots, the main limitation is that you can only 426 Pokémon at a time (14(boxes)*30(per box) = 420 + 6(party) 426 total), going over limit unless you can add more boxes, simply means you can't create a Living Pokédex with a single save file)

Overall a great game so far.

Screenshots below (if there is a better way to add a gallery, without the use of an external hosting provider, let me know and I will update this post. I cannot find an embed gallery tool in the post editor)

Last Word forms will be available in the future. They are not currently available since, well, you're only 6 badges in and it feels like it would be early to put them in. Reimu, Marisa, and Sanae do not have Last Words, but they do have X forms which'll probably be obtained in a similar but slightly different way to Last Words, which will effectively be a stone evolution.

Breeding Island won't be back, but you will be getting a breeding facility somewhere else. Multiplayer features will not be available in the final version more than likely. An egg move tutor will also one day be accessible in this hack (currently on Guren Island, but since you can't get there yet...), though due to its implementation a couple might not be able to benefit from that.

Kokoro is a placeholder for now. Do not expect the Power Plant to remain as it is currently because... well... it won't be. It will be massively changed by Playtest 4.

Player side abilities like that is due to some of the messing with abilities, and there's not much I can do with it for now. I will try and see if it can be fixed by the next demo, but yeah that is pretty cringe and I do agree with that.

EX Boneka are still here, that's the final form all mons have for this. Swimsuits would be in if I had usable slots for this, but I just don't. Last Words are kinda just stuck as the Final and EX bosses for touhou 6-11 games and the three fairies of light for now simply due to slots.

That being said, I am glad you like the hack for the most part.

Years
There are a couple things I've noticed concerning the iDollDex. The first is where it says Chibi Remilia and Chibi Youmu are found--I located the former where you'd think it would be found but the latter I've yet to discover and catch--and the second is that the Dex's map doesn't change between Gensokyo and Kanto. I attached a couple screenshots while standing in Hanada City to show both.
Spoiler:

(if there is a better way to add a gallery, without the use of an external hosting provider, let me know and I will update this post. I cannot find an embed gallery tool in the post editor)
You have to upload them as attachments below the post editor then click on them individually from the little paperclip icon's drop menu.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
There are a couple things I've noticed concerning the iDollDex. The first is where it says Chibi Remilia and Chibi Youmu are found--I located the former where you'd think it would be found but the latter I've yet to discover and catch--and the second is that the Dex's map doesn't change between Gensokyo and Kanto. I attached a couple screenshots while standing in Hanada City to show both.

You have to upload them as attachments below the post editor then click on them individually from the little paperclip icon's drop menu.

I will be completely honest, the pokedex map is something that I do not trust to be accurate in the slightest considering it was absolutely not made to handle what has been done to it even in base Another World, and honestly I'm doubtful I can do anything about it.

Years
I will be completely honest, the pokedex map is something that I do not trust to be accurate in the slightest considering it was absolutely not made to handle what has been done to it even in base Another World, and honestly I'm doubtful I can do anything about it.

Ah, okay. I'm a little confused on where the parts that look like the Sevii islands are supposed to be, though. But my main concern is finding Chibi Youmu.

Days
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
How do I get the hm for rock smash? Last time I played I had just beaten
Spoiler:

Days
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Last Word forms will be available in the future. They are not currently available since, well, you're only 6 badges in and it feels like it would be early to put them in. Reimu, Marisa, and Sanae do not have Last Words, but they do have X forms which'll probably be obtained in a similar but slightly different way to Last Words, which will effectively be a stone evolution.

Breeding Island won't be back, but you will be getting a breeding facility somewhere else. Multiplayer features will not be available in the final version more than likely. An egg move tutor will also one day be accessible in this hack (currently on Guren Island, but since you can't get there yet...), though due to its implementation a couple might not be able to benefit from that.

Kokoro is a placeholder for now. Do not expect the Power Plant to remain as it is currently because... well... it won't be. It will be massively changed by Playtest 4.

Player side abilities like that is due to some of the messing with abilities, and there's not much I can do with it for now. I will try and see if it can be fixed by the next demo, but yeah that is pretty cringe and I do agree with that.

EX Boneka are still here, that's the final form all mons have for this. Swimsuits would be in if I had usable slots for this, but I just don't. Last Words are kinda just stuck as the Final and EX bosses for touhou 6-11 games and the three fairies of light for now simply due to slots.

That being said, I am glad you like the hack for the most part.

Thank you for your reply.

By EX bonéka I meant the ones that don't have iDollDex entries: the Z, Vocaloid and the Ho-Oh. Here is a link to the original iDollDex this data is not complete, though. Reimu, Marisa and Sanae did have Last World forms in the original trio, if these X forms are a suitable alternative, then all good. In terms of it being too early, as long as they are obtainable before the bonéka league, that's probably early enough.

I don't think badges are good measure of progress in a hack like this, when your team is most likely going to be in the 60's and possibly even the 70's, at the time of completion. The only other thing I can add here is that you would be able to get the Last Words at this point via Marisa's Magic World, you can buy as many Last Tags as you want and trade evolve when you want to. In normal circumstances you would not want to evolve into a Last Word to early, since like stone evolution's they learn no new moves (you can use the move tutor to re-teach the level 1 moves (but not pre-evolution moves) and via TMs and HMs).

I don't think multiplayer should be a focus right now, it can be added later. Given the fact that I have seen online multiplayer with gen 2 and gen 3 games, that would be cool. You would be maintaining the full Pokémon experience by doing so as well.

I'm not really knowledgeable on Touhou lore, outside of the fan anime. I haven't played the games that much, since I prefer JRPGs and VNs, I prefer a story over combat. In terms of the bonéka slots have you run out of space in the ROM? When I was researching I came across this thread. It might be of interest if you have not read that already.

Along side the breeding facility, when or where will be the VS seeker be obtainable? Will an EV training area (similar to the in MMW, shown below) be added? I also noticed the iDollDex map not displaying the areas correctly, I did not bring this up myself, since a Wiki or Spreadsheet can be made created later to solve that problem.

MMW Gallery below
Spoiler:

That was mainly intended as a message to the forum moderators. I was just checking that there was not a better or required way to insert a gallery, thank you for the clarification. On a side note though, I have not found Chibi Youmu but I have caught the stage 1 Youmu in Shion Town (Tower) and also at Hakugyokurou.

Youmu Gallery Here
Spoiler:

How do I get the hm for rock smash?
Rock Smash is not obtainable yet.

Spoiler:

Back