• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TPCi "Pokémon: Black & White Dub General Speculation Thread!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    TPCi "Pokémon: Best Wishes" Dub General Speculation Thread!

Okay this thread is to discuss the TPCi version of Best Wishes which is speculated to air March 6th or 7th.

You can discuss the dub title, voice actors... etc here.

I think the first season will probably just be "Black and White" (like DP) and for the second series, "BW: Ultimate Challange" or something like that, so it sets out like DP.

There has been some speculation on how Vic Mignogna would be perfect for Dento, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Who the hell is Vic Mignogna?

Oh the seasons will probably go Best Wishes, Best Wishes: N, Best Wishes: Battles of Plasma, and Best Wishes: Monochrome. Something to impress the kids.

Everything will be alright as long as Iris still sounds cute~

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Who the hell is Vic Mignogna?
    He's a famous anime singer and voice actor.

By the way, I hope they'll keep that cool 3D opening animation that was in the original version just as long as the theme song doesn't suck.

Also, they'll probably just keep the title Best Wishes. I don't see any reason why they would change it.

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years
  • Vic Mignogna as Dento = <3
    The original opening sequence being kept would also be hearts on a stick; I loved the way it was done. And a song similar to the Japanese one would be pretty cool...I like it. (:

I think they'll just keep the name as Best Wishes, honestly, and just add onto that like Advanced said (they always find fancy names of saying "extra stuff").

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Who the hell is Vic Mignogna?

I'm going to pretend you never asked that.

But not only would he be good for Dento, he should do the opening theme. He did a great job with Dragon Ball GT's opening.

Years

• 4kids? TPCi is doing the dubbing jsyk.

I really like the intro, but then again, I doubt whether we will have it for the dub. At least the music please? ;_;

Oh, now you mention it. I read it probably to fast. :P
    If it's TPCi it will remain the same or something with a little difference.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Oh, now you mention it. I read it probably to fast. :P
    If it's TPCi it will remain the same or something with a little difference.
    I doubt that... xD

This is going to be a new series after all:

• New opening sequence
    • New voice actors
    • New title (possible)
    • etc....

Years
  • My only concern is the dub script writing, especially on the Rockets. Given my previous thread on the subject, I am not optimistic Team Rocket will be treated right. If so, it would be quite jarring, in light of their new B/W characterization. At this point, I'd settle for "less awful than what has been," which isn't saying much.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well Team Rocket till now has always been comical, I think maybe they hanndle them better as serious villains. Ask for titles for the series, I can see pretty much what they've been doing now. I can't wait for Best Wishes, I've been watching it English subs but.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Who the hell is Vic Mignogna?
    The guy that voices Edward Elric. That is probably his most famous role.

I'm going to pretend you never asked that.

But not only would he be good for Dento, he should do the opening theme. He did a great job with Dragon Ball GT's opening.
    I thought that was Dragon Ball Kai opening? Anyways nothing was a great job in GT *cough* non canon *cough* Dragon Ball Opening>Others

So are they going to keep Sarah Natochenny as Ash? And I wonder who would be good for Iris? One VA that comes to my mind at the moment is Kari Wahlgren that plays Vice Captain Yachiru in Bleach. And Vic Mignogna would be great as for any role imo. He is a great VA imo. N to be voiced by Steven Blum lol.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The guy that voices Edward Elric. That is probably his most famous role.

I thought that was Dragon Ball Kai opening? Anyways nothing was a great job in GT *cough* non canon *cough* Dragon Ball Opening>Others

So are they going to keep Sarah Natochenny as Ash? And I wonder who would be good for Iris? One VA that comes to my mind at the moment is Kari Wahlgren that plays Vice Captain Yachiru in Bleach. And Vic Mignogna would be great as for any role imo. He is a great VA imo. N to be voiced by Steven Blum lol.
    I love Steve Blum, hes so epic - I remember when he voiced Guilmon from Digimon Series but I think maybe a younger voice would sound better? (Age descrimination :3)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I was kidding with Steven Blum. I am sure N fan girls would hate on him. I would love to see Brad Swaile as either N or Dent, since he is by far one of my favorite VA. Steven Blum was also BlackWarGreymon <3.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1738586/fullcredits#cast
    IMDB says Johhny Yong Bosch is too play Dent. He is also a great VA, voicing characters like Ichigo and Lelouch in recent years.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    ^ Are you sure that's right? It hasn't even got the dubbed name... Anyway, I don't think i've heard him before so it will be interesting...

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    What I'm wondering is if they got Ted Lewis to be the voice of Givanni again. It sounded like him in the preview during the Zoroark movie.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Yeah, after Tamaki I could see Vic Mignogna doing Clian's voice. But, I would love to see Brad Swaile do it, just to be that voice match to Mamoru Miyano, again.

The only problem with speculating Vic Mignogna, etc. is they're no where near New York, where if I remember correctly is where Pokémon is dubbed.

Back