• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Masuda Question:

With the change in this generation where you can select language on a game, is two Pokemon from different languages that matters? Or is it still from a different region? I'm acctually VERY confused by this....

And I have friended someone whose Safari includes Ditto, so playing on my X in German I have a half full box of German Ditto's so far. Will trading them over to my copy Y which I am playing in English count in terms of attempting Masuda method of breeding a shiny? I like having all my Pokemon have German names, but found it a bummer that Ditto is still Ditto just like in English... although I chuckled so hard when I got an Imposter Ditto and saw that in German Imposter is "Doppleganger."

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm pretty sure that different languages is what does it because it's all the same game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I'm pretty sure that different languages is what does it because it's all the same game.

Thanks! Wish me luck. Not really sure that there is anything in particular I want to try to breed with them yet, just working on collecting a ton of them. I would like to have a few with more than two perfect IV's before I start trying to breed. I already wondertraded a few away hoping that they brighten someone else's day.

I'm going to keep catching a few more before I get down to trying to breed anything. I will acctually most likely trade females over from my copy of Y to breed on my X so that the babies hatch with the German names once I do start.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I haven't done any real breeding in X/Y yet at all. xD I beat X, got halfway through Y then decided to take a nice long break.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I haven't done any real breeding in X/Y yet at all. xD I beat X, got halfway through Y then decided to take a nice long break.

Ahhh.... Does that explains why I haven't gotten an Eevee out of your friend safari yet then???

I found myself very highly motivated to beat both of them. Partially I wanted to play through X in German, and found that I was getting "just enough" of the story from the German I knew, but a few things I wasn't puzzling out, so would have to play my Y in English to figure out what I wasn't understanding in the story, then go back to X again. In particular a few conversations that happened on Holo-caster that elluded to you needing to travel to one place or another was making less sense in German for me(I'm not bi-lingual. I took four years of German, love the language, but it's not totally natural to me). It meant I finished both games pretty much back to back.

When I first finished I didn't really start on any major breeding projects right away(in fact still not working on anything really special). But I did start working on just breeding one male of each egg group with near perfect stats so that I did not need to worry about collecting Dittos. I'm having fun still, which if you're not having fun you shouldn't be playing anyway, right?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Probably because we haven't been on at the same time and you haven't unlocked my third Pokémon just yet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Probably because we haven't been on at the same time and you haven't unlocked my third Pokémon just yet.

Oh no, I get that. But you said you took a long break from playing.... Which lately I have been practically living on my 3DS. After work I hit the couch for more hours than I should admit(accept maybe to a therapist... hahaha) of playing on the 3DS.

you're not the only one I haven't unlocked a third Pokemon from, and I'm guessing that part of it is due to being in vastly different time zones, which I am ok with. I am right now working mostly on collecting as much of a variety of pokemon as I can from the various friend safaris.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Oh no, I get that. But you said you took a long break from playing.... Which lately I have been practically living on my 3DS. After work I hit the couch for more hours than I should admit(accept maybe to a therapist... hahaha) of playing on the 3DS.

you're not the only one I haven't unlocked a third Pokemon from, and I'm guessing that part of it is due to being in vastly different time zones, which I am ok with. I am right now working mostly on collecting as much of a variety of pokemon as I can from the various friend safaris.

What's your in game name, anyway?

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
The scammer is on the run again. Sadly i wont fall for it again :)

anyways how do u guys find shiny on GTS? all i see are normal pokemons T_T

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
The scammer is on the run again. Sadly i wont fall for it again :)

anyways how do u guys find shiny on GTS? all i see are normal pokemons T_T

I'm mildly confused... what scammer? Is this on the GTS, because I do not see how someone can scam you on the GTS since at the moment *knock on wood* there does not appear to be a way to hack Pokemon this generation (and hopefully between Destiny Knott and the ease of Hidden Abilities in Horde and Friend Safari... not to mention the ease of perfect stats in Friend Safari.... there should be little inspiration to make someone even want to find a way to hack).

Years
I'm mildly confused... what scammer? Is this on the GTS, because I do not see how someone can scam you on the GTS since at the moment *knock on wood* there does not appear to be a way to hack Pokemon this generation (and hopefully between Destiny Knott and the ease of Hidden Abilities in Horde and Friend Safari... not to mention the ease of perfect stats in Friend Safari.... there should be little inspiration to make someone even want to find a way to hack).

He means a user on here.
I agree that there shouldn't be a reason but " cheaters gonna cheat", as sad as that is :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back