• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Train, Boat or Sky Hop?

What do you do most of all when travelling between Johto and Kanto?

• I board that sleek SS Aqua and skim across them waves!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I usually sky hop, unless I happen to already be in Goldenrod and feel like taking the train (or if I'm close and using a monotype team which doesn't involve a flying type and I'm too lazy to go to the PC instead). Hurrah for sky-hopping! Pity a few places you could fly to in GSC cannot be flown to in HGSS, and a pity you cannot refight SS Aqua trainers. =(

Years
    Most of the time I'll just sky hop between the regions, simply because it takes the least amount of time. If I'm in Saffron or Goldenrod I'll just catch the Magnet Train seeing as I'm already close to it, but I hardly ever use the S.S. Aqua.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well.....I sky-hop, until I assemble my full team of 6, or need a different HM Slave (i.e. my Cut / Rock Smash one, as him/her will get me tons of items too).

Most of the time, I use the Magnet Train, as it's available every day. I walk everywhere so the team gets happy too.

However, when the SS Aqua is available, I travel on that. Sadly, unlike what Serebii says, you can't rematch the trainers, you do get an Elemental Plate (Flame, Icicle, Draco etc. needed to change Arceus' formes) off the captain every voyage, which is immensely cool. I also like the music.

Both of these modes of transport also have a little 3-d cutscene which I like.

"Sky-Hopping"....nice phrase. :D

Back