• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Transferring Pokes

Splintey

Banned
Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    So is there any way to transfer bw2 pokes to xy? I heard about the bank but i mean poketransfer, is that free and will i need two ds systems?

MetalxTongue

Underdog of Truth
    Years
  • There is no way of being able to transfer pokemon from one to another, yet. I am pretty sure you will need two ds systems.

Splintey

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    So i can trade with friends on x or y but i can't transfer from older Games?

Last edited:
    Years
  • You will get a 30 day trial which should be enough time to transfer them all. I would advise you make sure you have all that you need in Gen V before the pokemon bank opens (if you don't intend to pay the 5$ yearly fee). Though, I'm guessing competitive players will, in order to keep using gen IV move tutors... You could even transfer all the way from gen III if you have a DS O.o (4 gen transfer makes my head spin)

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    There is no way of being able to transfer pokemon from one to another, yet. I am pretty sure you will need two ds systems.

You only need one system. You transfer your Pokemon from Gen 5 into the Pokebank and get on your Gen 6 game and pull them out. Easy as that.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • You will get a 30 day trial which should be enough time to transfer them all. I would advise you make sure you have all that you need in Gen V before the pokemon bank opens (if you don't intend to pay the 5$ yearly fee). Though, I'm guessing competitive players will, in order to keep using gen IV move tutors... You could even transfer all the way from gen III if you have a DS O.o (4 gen transfer makes my head spin)

I've been a bit confused about transferring Pokemon over from HG/SS and later. Will we essentially have to jump them over to B/W, and then we'll be able to simply transfer them over to the Pokemon Bank?

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    I've been a bit confused about transferring Pokemon over from HG/SS and later. Will we essentially have to jump them over to B/W, and then we'll be able to simply transfer them over to the Pokemon Bank?

That's exactly what you have to do. The PokéTransporter (what you'll use to transfer your Pokémon from the DS to the 3DS games) is only compatible with the G5 games, meaning you need two DSes to transfer anything from HG/SS to B/W (or BW2) so you can upload them to the Bank. However, you only need one 3DS to upload your BW/2 Pokémon to the Bank.

Years
  • Gameboy games to P/D/PT.
    P/D/PT + HG/SS to B/W
    B/W to B2/W2?? (I don't know if you can transfer straight from older DS games to B2/W2 or if you need to get it to the originals first
    Then Pokebank Transfer.

I will be pulling out my Gamecube to transfer some Gale of Darkness pokemon all the way to pokemon X/Y for fun and for the rares.

Ontopic with the Rates. Guys, you bought a 3DS/3DSXL and Pokémon x/Y, but I don't know why everyone is upset with a little $5 to pay for Pokebank. I saved $30 buying my 3DSXL and pokemon Y game together. That pays for 6 YEARS if I choose to do so.
    IMHO, I feel that Pokebank is DEFINITELY worth the $5 a year. I was sad at first cause I thought it was monthly, but yearly... that's no problem!

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Gameboy games to P/D/PT.
    P/D/PT + HG/SS to B/W
    B/W to B2/W2?? (I don't know if you can transfer straight from older DS games to B2/W2 or if you need to get it to the originals first
    Then Pokebank Transfer.

I will be pulling out my Gamecube to transfer some Gale of Darkness pokemon all the way to pokemon X/Y for fun and for the rares.

Ontopic with the Rates. Guys, you bought a 3DS/3DSXL and Pokémon x/Y, but I don't know why everyone is upset with a little $5 to pay for Pokebank. I saved $30 buying my 3DSXL and pokemon Y game together. That pays for 6 YEARS if I choose to do so.
    IMHO, I feel that Pokebank is DEFINITELY worth the $5 a year. I was sad at first cause I thought it was monthly, but yearly... that's no problem!
    Thanks!

And I would agree, it ends up being like 42 cents per month. I'm pretty sure between now and the end of December we could all find $5 in change on the sidewalk if we really wanted to.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • I hate transferring form Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver then to Black/White/Black 2/White 2. Pokemon Bank is gonna make transferring so much better. I loved how the Pokemon Relocater worked in Black and White.

Back