• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transferring team to Sun/Moon? Worth it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2017
    I have 600 hours on ORAS, 5-6 IV breeds of over 100 pokemon.
    Even a Legit HP FIRE 31/30/31/30/31/30 Magneton.

My question is.. I hear a lot of negatives about Sun and Moon online. The festival plaza feels HORRIBLY lacking compared to Gen 6 online, as well as EV training. Knowing you can't go back to gen 6.. is it worth it to bring all that work to a game that hasn't improved on any features the previous gen had?
    No DexNav, No horde, Less Megastones, Less exploration, Only puts you Online if youre IN the plaza.. you can't play the game while online.

Just a really indecisive person. What did you guys do?

User19sq

There're more than two methods to EV-training this time around. You can simply drop off a Pokemon at the Poke Pelago's Isle Evelup to train them, even if you aren't playing the game. And if there's some IV you aren't proud of, like your Magneton's Sp. Attack, you can Bottle Cap it to essentially make it 31.

Plus, not too many people will battle you in Gen VI if they've already transferred.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2017
    Can't play while online, wut?

There're more than two methods to EV-training this time around. You can simply drop off a Pokemon at the Poke Pelago's Isle Evelup to train them, even if you aren't playing the game. And if there's some IV you aren't proud of, like your Magneton's Sp. Attack, you can Bottle Cap it to essentially make it 31.

Plus, not too many people will battle you in Gen VI if they've already transferred.

Correct, You cannot play the game while youre online in Gen 7. You can only roam around the Fesitval. Gen 6 you can play the entire game while remaining online, accepting challenges, etc.

And Incorrect.. if you raise the magnetons special attack to 31.. it's not longer a HP FIRE. It has to be 30. I mention magneton.. because getting the 30's and 31's in the correct spots legitimately to obtain your HP, is difficult. You need three 30's and three 31's.. but that's not the point. Bottle caps are not permanent so they do not matter.

User19sq

Correct, You cannot play the game while youre online in Gen 7. You can only roam around the Fesitval. Gen 6 you can play the entire game while remaining online, accepting challenges, etc.

And Incorrect.. if you raise the magnetons special attack to 31.. it's not longer a HP FIRE. It has to be 30. I mention magneton.. because getting the 30's and 31's in the correct spots legitimately to obtain your HP, is difficult. You need three 30's and three 31's.. but that's not the point. Bottle caps are not permanent so they do not matter.

It's an upgrade. Constantly being online while playing drains the battery like a vampire. It's barely inconvenient.

Bottle Caps don't change the IVs. They make the Pokemon's stats appear as if they had 31. The IVs stay the same, while the extra buffs are stored in different values. All HP types remain the same.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    You could probably keep them on ORAS, maybe find a ditto, breed some rejects and then transfer them up instead of your team so you've got Gen 6 and Gen 7.

I personally will probably just be using Gen 7 and only dipping into bank when I want to breed something. So much more fun for me.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Its worth it. Just be carefull. If you want some pokemon to stay the same, for instance my Talonflame lost brave bird, then maybe leave those peticulars in oras. Every poke i have is now in my moon game.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Whenever transfers are available to a new generation, I always do it.

I am afraid of losing my Pokemon, especially after my game had been corrupted before in RSE/ FRLG era.

I am still gutted about the lack of Mega Stones, but I guess I'm settling into the discomfort zone.

magikarpfainted

Up for Trade
    Years
    for me it was super worth it, i was having such an issue trying to go through the elite 4 grinding for levels before the update was released. now that i have my team from my other games im literally flying through them and filling up my pokedex.

Years
    I finally get round to transferring all the Pokemon I have from X and OR to Moon. I had a couple of hundred hours on each game and felt like it was time to get everything onto the newest generation and replay Gen 6.

Back