• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Transport!

Years
A lot of people seem to think that that railway leads to Unova since there is an unused train track on the unova subway map.

Lots of people thought that it would go to various places in B2/W2. It's doubtful we'll ever find out where these rails go.

I know that they were planning to have a skateboard as well as a bicycle in Gold and Silver, but it never materialized. It would be interesting to see if they ever include that in a Pokemon game. It doesn't seem too far off considering they have roller skates now. I think it would be cool if they had the extra transportation be able to allow the player to reach places they wouldn't be able to without it.

I'd like something like the Acro/Mach Bike, but I'm not really sure what would be an exclusive area that you can only reach with a Skateboard, other than something like Cycling Road, but for Skateboards. Even then, it seems like a lot. There's the Bike, Rollerblades, and Running shoes, seems like the could just do the same stuff they'd do with a skateboard with a Bike or Rollerblades.

I'm really loving all of the little extra things you can do. The extra modes of transportation are awesome.

Do we know if there are running shoes in the game or did the roller skates completely replace them? It would be kind of redundant to have them both.

I'm also curious to see what pokémon you can ride. I wonder if it'll be limited to just a few select pokémon or if you can ride anything that could logically carry the player.

I could be wrong, but I feel like there was a scene in a trailer with the charecter running though a flower patch.

Elixir.

Fly Away
Years
I'm a bit confused by the role of roller skates in the game. If there still be Running Shoes and the bicycle, then are the roller skates an in-between thing, speed-wise?
Whatever the case is, I'm sure that it'll be amazing. I'm also looking forward to riding Pokemon. That sounds really cool.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
As for the train tracks mentioned earlier, I can remember there being the same thing in... Goldenrod City was it? I wonder where this set of tracks leads, because the other end isn't visible on the map.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

And to add on, riding different types of pokémon (examples: Gogoat and your family's Rhyhorn) get you through different types of obstacles (rocky cliffs etc.). I want to see how GameFreak utilizes that.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
But Unova and Kalos are completely different regions, the Routes are reset, different continents etc. I just can't see Kalos connecting with Unova in any way other than via air tavel and even that is unlikely IMO.

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
Maby all the different transportation methods will replace some of the HM's.
Maby you need all these transportation methods to get to certain area's.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I never liked riding my bike. I always liked to imagine myself riding on the back of my pokemon, despite the animation showing my bicycle.

Roller skates sound fuuuun. :D

Back