• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
(I'm going to continue my journal entries, but my quest will now span several games. However, all of the Pokemon I need to catch are in ORAS, so hopefully it's ok to continue to post this here. The first part will be a brief return to Kalos, but then gets back to ORAS.

If I cannot post this here, please let me know. Otherwise, here's to hoping I can catch 'em all before Sun & Moon!)

June 22, 2016

After finishing up my journey in Hoenn, Professor Sycamore asked me to stop by his lab in the Kalos region. He said that a mythical Pokémon has been discovered! I arrived late in the evening in Lumiose City. Ah, the familiar bright lights of the city were just as I remembered them! And Prism Tower in the center of the City was shining the brightest.

I entered the lab, and was greeted by an odd little Pokémon. It looked like a miniature genie with a whole bunch of rings hanging off of it.

"Hoopa!" The Pokémon cried.

"Hello, Steve!" greeted Professor Sycamore as he entered the room. "Welcome back to Kalos! I see you've already met Hoopa. Here, scan it with your Kalos Pokédex that I've updated!"

"Hoopa, the Mischief Pokémon. Hoopa gathers things it likes and pushes them through its loop to teleport them to a secret place. This troublemaker sends anything and everything to faraway places using these loops, which can also warp space."

454. Hoopa

"There's an item in the Hoenn region that can help this Pokémon unlock its true form, according to my research," the professor stated. "But before you go back, I also wanted to give you something else!"

I followed him to another part of his lab. "Not too long ago, we discovered these three legendary bird Pokémon in Azure Bay," the professor began. "What's unusual about these Pokémon is that they have abilities that are different than normal!"

It was the trio of legendary Pokémon, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres! I already had caught an Articuno, but I registered the other two in my Kalos Pokédex.

"Zapdos, the Electric Pokémon. Zapdos is a legendary bird Pokémon that is said to live in thunderclouds. It appears from these clouds while dropping enormous lightning bolts that it freely controls."

"Moltres, the Flame Pokémon. Moltres is said to be the legendary bird Pokémon of fire. Every flap of its wings creates a dazzling flare of flames. It is said that its appearance indicates the coming of spring."

455. Zapdos

456. Moltres

"Wow, Professor Sycamore," I closed the Pokédex. "That brings the number of Kalos Pokémon up to 456. That's insane!"

"And I'm sure that you've found many more while you were in Hoenn," Sycamore added.

"I did. I obtained all 211 Pokémon native to Hoenn. Of course, that does include the 142 I brought to Hoenn from Kalos, so I had a head start."

"That's a total of 525 Pokémon, Steve!" exclaimed the professor. "And not to mention all the new mega evolutions of Pokémon that you discovered as well! Marvelous! So, what are your plans now?"

"With Hoopa, that makes 720 known species of Pokémon," I calculated. "That means I only need to catch 195 more to have every Pokémon. Across all my journeys, I've never been able to 'catch 'em all,' so I figure I may as well try to do that before moving to a new region!"

"A lofty goal," Sycamore commented. "In that case, might I suggest taking Hoopa back to Hoenn with you? The primal energy that was released from the legendary Pokémon, as well as the cosmic energy released from the destroyed meteoroid, has changed Hoenn in many ways. And, I think you'll find Hoopa's unique rings will react with this energy in interesting ways!"

June 30, 2016

I was supposed to meet Professor Sycamore at the Lumiose Train Station. Before going there, I stopped by the professor's lab and visited my Pokémon. I was happy to see Pancham, Delibird, and Cubone all looked happy and healthy! I told them I'd like them to come with me, and they all seem eager to go. So after collecting their Poké Balls, I headed over to the train station.

When I arrived, I was greeted by Sina and Dexio. During my Kalos adventure, they were the ones who upgraded my Kalos Pokédex with the various sections. Now, they gave me one final upgrade: the National Pokédex! This will help as I try to catch all 720 known Pokémon. Professor Sycamore approached us and suggested that I take the train to Kiloude City, where I could find some interesting places to explore. Kiloude City is in southern Kalos, geographically not far from Vaniville Town, but separated by a large mountain.

It was pouring rain when I arrived in Kiloude City, but I still did some exploring of the area. There was a Safari Zone-like area called the Friend Safari where different Pokémon could be encountered. In the corner of the city was a place called the Battle Maison, and seems to be a facility much like the Battle Frontier in other regions. I'll have to come back and check that out eventually.

To start off my National Pokédex completion quest, I contacted Brigette. Two years ago, she gave me a Luxury Ball that contained the mythical Pokémon, Celebi! It wasn't part of the Kalos Pokédex nor the Hoenn Pokédex, so I hadn't registered it. Until now!

"Celebi, the Time Travel Pokémon. Celebi has the power to travel across time, but it is said to appear only in peaceful times. Grass and trees flourish in the forests in which it has appeared."

526. Celebi

I also played around with the Poké Radar that I received from one of the researchers at Professor Sycamore's lab. He said he studies a different Pokémon each day. Today the Pokémon is Heatmor. I tried using the Poké Radar to chain some Heatmor, but I only got up to about 7 or 8 before the chain broke. Heatmor are too rare to encounter to bother to try again.

July 1, 2016

The Pokémon of the day today is Spinda. Again, I tried to use the Poké Radar, but gave up after breaking my chain after only a few encounters. I don't think this Poké Radar chaining is my thing, but I'll probably tinker with it in between.

Professor Birch had sent all the Pokémon I caught in Hoenn to Brigette. Now, they live at her Pokémon storage facility alongside the Pokémon I caught in Kalos. I had Skarmory and Wingull stay in Hoenn for now, and Pancham, Delibird, and Cubone would stay in Kalos. I think that I will travel to the other regions and gather my Pokémon from across the years and have all of them sent to Brigette. That is a tall task, as I've never migrated my Pokémon from region to region. About a year ago I started transferring my Pokémon from Professor Oak's lab to Professor Rowan's lab in Sinnoh, but I still have a bunch more to go. I did have my shiny Wailmer from my first Hoenn journey sent to Sinnoh back then too. My shiny Barboach, shiny Golbat, and shiny Rattata are all safe with Professor Rowan in Sinnoh as well. I think that will be where I start my journey.

I was talking to Professor Sycamore and Brigette, and apparently over the last few months, several mythical Pokémon have appeared in both Kalos and Hoenn. In February, Mew appeared; in March, Celebi showed up; in April, it was Jirachi, which I obtained several days ago; May brought nightmares due to Darkrai appearing; last month brought Manaphy; and finally, today, several Shaymin have been seen. Professor Sycamore gifted these to me, which helps me fill in some of the harder to complete spots in my National Pokédex!

"Mew, the New Species Pokémon. Mew is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokémon. Because it can use all kinds of techniques and moves, many scientists believe Mew to be the ancestor of Pokémon."

"Darkrai, the Pitch-Black Pokémon. Darkrai can lull people to sleep and make them dream. It chases people and Pokémon from its territory by causing them to experience deep, nightmarish slumbers. It is active during nights of the new moon."

"Manaphy, the Seafaring Pokémon. Manaphy is born with a wondrous power that permits it to bond with any kind of Pokémon."

"Shaymin, the Gratitude Pokémon. Shaymin can dissolve toxins in the air to instantly transform ruined land into a lush field of flowers. The blooming of Gracidea flowers confers the power of flight upon it. Feelings of gratitude are the message it delivers."

527. Mew

528. Darkrai

529. Manaphy

530. Shaymin

July 3, 2016

The Pokémon I tried to chain yesterday was Torkoal. I got to about a dozen, then my chain broke. Today it was Pawniard. The chain broke after about three. I don't have the patience to try it more than once.

OffRoadSP

Years
July 4, 2016

Today the Poké Radar Pokémon was Drifloon. Finally, a Pokémon not from the Mountain Pokédex. Still I tried twice but my chain broke after just a few.

I spoke with Brigette who said a while back she had discovered three interesting Pokémon. It was a Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr. What was interesting about these evolved Johto starters was their abilities; they had the special abilities of Leaf Guard, Flash Fire, and Sheer Force, respectively. She let me add them to my growing collection!

"Meganium, the Herb Pokémon. Meganium use their breath to revive dead grass and plants. This breath has the power to make them healthy again. The aroma that rises from their petals contains a substance that calms aggressive feelings."

"Typhlosion, the Volcano Pokémon. Typhlosion rub their blazing fur together to cause huge, devastating explosions. It their rage peaks, they become so hot that anything that touches them will instantly go up in flames."

"Feraligatr, the Big Jaw Pokémon. Feraligatr usually move slowly, but they go at blinding speed when they attack and bite prey. When they bite with their massive and powerful jaw, they shake their head and savagely tear their victims up."

531. Meganium

532. Typhlosion

533. Feraligatr

I stopped by Professor Sycamore's lab, and in honor of completing the Kalos Pokédex, he gave me an Oval Charm, which makes it more likely to find eggs at the Pokémon Day Care. Since I had fully evolved Johto starters, I figured now's a good time to test it out!

I travelled to Pokémon Village in eastern Kalos, and caught a Ditto, and then went to Day Care outside of Camphrier Town. I eventually obtained nine eggs, which hatched into three Chikorita, three Cyndaquil, and three Totodile. And at least one of each had inherited the hidden ability!

"Chikorita, the Leaf Pokémon. Chikorita use the leaf on their head to determine the temperature and humidity. A sweet aroma gently wafts from this leaf. They are docile and love to sunbathe."

"Cyndaquil, the Fire Mouse Pokémon. Cyndaquil tend to have timid natures, and always curl themselves up into balls. If they are startled or attacked, the flames on their back burn more vigorously."

"Totodile, the Big Jaw Pokémon. Totodile are small but rough and tough. Their powerful, well-developed jaws are capable of crushing anything, and they won't hesitate to take a bite out of anything that moves."

534. Chikorita

535. Cyndaquil

536. Totodile

July 6, 2016

Before leaving Kalos, I asked Professor Sycamore to once again take care of Cubone, Pancham, and Delibird until I return. I arrived in Littleroot Town, but Professor Birch wasn't in his lab. I heard cries for help coming from Route 101, so I rushed over to see what it was.

It was Professor Birch, being chased by a Shroomish!

"Oh, if it isn't Steve!" the professor called out. "Could you help a professor out?"

"Again?" I said with a smirk, as I pulled out one of the Poké Balls I brought with me. "Chikorita, I choose you! Use the aroma from your leaf to calm down that Shroomish!"

The Shroomish calmed down as the scent wafted over it.

"My, my! Good thing that Shroomish wasn't as fierce as it seemed!" Birch commented. "I do appreciate you trying to help me out, though. Is that one of the starter Pokémon from the Johto region?"

"Sure is, professor," I responded as I recalled Chikorita. "I've got the others with me as well."

"Great! Follow me to the lab, I have something for you."

Back at the lab in Littleroot Town, Professor Birch upgraded my Hoenn Pokédex to include the National Pokédex! He also gave me the Oval Charm to help with discovering eggs. What I really want is the Shiny Charm I've heard so much about, but I have a long way to go before I earn that.

By updating the Pokédex, I've registered a few extra Pokémon that I battled on my way to the Pokémon League as "seen":

"Hitmontop, the Handstand Pokémon. Hitmontop spin on their head at high speed, all while delivering kicks. This technique is a remarkable mix of both offense and defense at the same time. They travel faster by spinning then they do by walking."

"Darmanitan, the Blazing Pokémon. Darmanitan have an internal fire that burns at 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit, making enough power that they can destroy a dump truck with one punch. When injured in a fierce battle, they harden into a stone-like form. Then they meditate and sharpen their minds."

"Primeape, the Pig Monkey Pokémon. When Primeape become furious, their blood circulation is boosted. In turn, their muscles are made even stronger. However, they also become much less intelligent at the same time."

"Musharna, the Drowsing Pokémon. Musharna have dream mist emanating from their forehead which changes into many different colors depending on the dream that was eaten. This mist is packed with the dreams of people and Pokémon."

So I gathered my Skarmory and Wingull and left Littleroot Town, and stopped in Oldale Town. Hoopa was floating next to me. The clerk at the Pokémart called me over. He told me that Hoopa reminds him of a creepy old guy that came into the store one night, and gave him a dirty old bottle. He also said he was told a cryptic message by the scary man.

"Three days… For a mere three days will Hoopa be unbound…"

I was handed the Prison Bottle. The clerk said when he uncorked it, nothing happened. But when I uncorked it, energy was released from the bottle and surrounded Hoopa. Hoopa transformed into a large creature with many floating arms! This is apparently Hoopa's Unbound Form!

"Hoopa Unbound. In its true form, it possesses a huge amount of power. Legend of its avarice tell how it once carried off an entire castle to gain the treasure hidden within. It is said to be able to seize anything it desires with its six rings and six huge arms. With its power sealed, it is transformed into a much smaller form."

It used its rings to summon all manner of legendary Pokémon to the area! As much as I'd like to catch 'em all, I sealed Hoopa's power back into the Prison Bottle, and Hoopa Confined was able to use its rings to send the legendary Pokémon away. Hoopa can apparently summon legendary Pokémon through its rings as well, but it was to be in specific locations where the environment is suitable to be able to summon these Pokémon.

July 7, 2016

I decided to do some Soaring to explore the Mirage Spots that have appeared across Hoenn. The first spot that appeared was a Mirage Forest east of Lilycove City. I picked up a few item there, and then a bunch more Mirage Spots appeared. I landed on one north of Route 111, which had a spiral path design on it. There I found a bunch of wild Kricketune! I caught a female and then a male, and then took off for the Day Care on Route 117.

"Kricketune, the Cricket Pokémon. Kricketune cross their knifelike arms in front of their chest when they cry. They can compose melodies ad lib, and they signal their emotions with their melodies. Scientists are studying these melodic patterns."

537. Kricketune

After spending some time at the Day Care, I eventually had some eggs that hatched into Kricketot!

"Kricketot, the Cricket Pokémon. Kricketot chat with others using the sounds of their colliding antennae. When the antennae hit each other, it sounds like the music of a xylophone. These sounds are fall hallmarks."

538. Kricketot

Next, I landed on Route 118. Using the DexNav, I was able to find some wild Luxio living there! I once again caught a female and male pair with intentions of breeding them.

"Luxio, the Spark Pokémon. Luxio have claws which loose electricity with enough amperage to cause fainting, even from a light scratch. They live in small groups."

539. Luxio

August 4, 2016

Yes, it's been a month, but I'm finally back to catching them all! I met a Professor Willow last month who showed me how to find Pokémon in my own home town. Unfortunately, the process was vastly incomplete and filled with defects, so I decided to go back to completing my National Pokédex.

I started off by bringing my pair of Luxio to the Day Care, and soon received a few eggs that hatched into Shinx!

"Shinx, the Flash Pokémon. Shinx generate electricity through the extension and contraction of their muscles. Their fur glows when in trouble, dazzling any danger they sense. They flee while the foe is momentarily blinded."

540. Shinx

August 7, 2016

I Soared over to the Sinnoh region, where I decided to do a quick challenge of the gyms, using the Pokémon similar to the ones I'm catching in Hoenn to complete my National Pokédex. For example, starting in Sandgem Town, I caught a Kricketot and Shinx, and hatched a Chimchar, Piplup, and Turtwig. (Note: None of these count towards my National Pokédex, as my personal rule is they must all be obtained within the Gen 6 games to count!) I made my way to Oreburgh and Kricketot evolved into Kricketune. I challenged Roark, and defeated his rock-type Pokémon with Turtwig, Piplup, and Chimchar.

OffRoadSP

Years
August 8, 2016

I Soared back to Hoenn, and landed on Route 112. There were some wild Throh and Sawk here now, after the Primal energy changed the environment. But what I was looking for was the next Pokémon I would catch in Sinnoh. I found a few wild Ponyta, and eventually caught two!

"Ponyta, the Fire Horse Pokémon. Ponyta are very weak at birth. They become stronger by stumbling and falling to keep up with their parents."

541. Ponyta

My Hoenn team now consists of my partners Wingull and Skarmory, as well as a Shinx and a Ponyta. My next stop was Route 118. I was searching for some wild Aipom, and caught two of them.

"Aipom, the Long Tail Pokémon. Aipom have a tail that ends in a hand-like appendage that can be cleverly manipulated. However, because they use their tail so much, their real hands have become rather clumsy."

542. Aipom

I stopped in at the Pokémon Center in nearby Mauville City. I kept one of the Aipom on my team; I chose the one with a Brave nature that was able to use the move Bounce. I also checked into the PGL to see if I earned any new medals, at it seems I've gained a few more, bringing my total to 96:

A2-039-2 Adventure Egg Breeder A Medal to prove the decent parental instincts of people who hatched 10 Pokémon Eggs. 07/07/2016
A2-037-1 Adventure O-Power Pro A Medal to recognize those who have received all of the O-Powers. 07/07/2016
A2-048-1 Adventure Accepted of the Delta A Medal that verifies a Trainer's completion of the Delta Episode. 07/07/2016
A2-024-1 Adventure Hoenn Pokédex Completionist A Medal to honor those recognized by the professor as having completed the Hoenn Pokédex. 07/07/2016
A2-020-1 Adventure Dragon-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Dragon-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 07/07/2016
A2-015-1 Adventure Flying-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Flying-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 07/07/2016
A2-040-1 Adventure Day-Care Faithful A Medal for those who love to raise Pokémon and left many Pokémon in Pokémon Day Care. 08/08/2016

I was going to Soar back to Sinnoh, but as I was passing Route 107, I saw a Mirage Spot nearby. I landed on the island and entered the Mirage Cave. Inside was something I hadn't seen in quite a while: the Unown! I made a quick trip to Mauville City and stocked up on Poké Balls and other supplies, then returned to the cave. It's been nearly a decade, but I was determined to once again capture all 28 Unown Pokémon!

"Unown, the Symbol Pokémon. Unown are shaped like ancient writing. It is a mystery as to which came first, the ancient writings or the various Unown. Research into this topic in ongoing but nothing is known."

543. Unown

I started just before midnight and managed to capture Unown M, G, N, X, V, C, K, Z, I, and Q…

August 9, 2016

…and then after midnight continued my hunt by capturing Unown S, B, F, J, ?, E, T, Y, D, P, O, A, U, l, W, and R. It was getting late and I had to get up early, so I decided to hold off on capturing the last two forms. Surprisingly, though, it only took a little over an hour to find those 26!

The next afternoon I finished my search and caught Unown ! and H, completing my set of Unown. I was very surprised at how quickly I found all the forms; it only took a total of 71 encounters, I'd say that's pretty good luck!

And just for point of reference, the last time I caught all the Unown was on June 18, 2007, in the Solaceon Ruins in the Sinnoh regions. Almost a whole decade ago. Where does the time go?

Speaking of Sinnoh, I returned there, and caught a Ponyta on Route 207 before heading to Floaroma Town.

OffRoadSP

Years
August 10, 2016

In Sinnoh, my Shinx evolved into Luxio as I approached the Eterna Forest. I knew there would be certain Pokémon there to catch, so I returned to Hoenn, specifically, the Safari Zone. It looks like there were some wild Kakuna and Pidgeotto that could be found throughout the Safari Zone now, but the first wild Pokémon I encountered was the one I was looking for, a Buneary!

"Buneary, the Rabbit Pokémon. Buneary perk up their ears when they sense danger. Their ears are always rolled up, can be forcefully extended to shatter even a large boulder. On cold nights, they sleep with their head tucked into their fur."

544. Buneary

I caught a pair of Buneary, and kept one on my team that knew the move Ice Punch.
Next stop was Route 114. I encountered some wild Skorupi, which made good training opponents for my fire-type Ponyta. Then I found what I was after, a wild Misdreavus!

"Misdreavus, the Screech Pokémon. Misdreavus frighten people with creepy, sobbing cries. They apparently use their red spheres to absorb the fearful feelings of foes and turn them into nutrition."

545. Misdreavus

I caught two of them, then Soared once again. I flew around looking for more Mirage Spots. Whenever I connect to the PGL, it seems more Mirage Spots appear. It took multiple connections to the PGL, but I eventually found the Mirage Spot I wanted. It was a Mirage Forest just north of Lilycove City. It was there that I found a pair of Cherrim to catch! The first one only took a single Poké Ball, but the second one was much more difficult, and since my Pokémon were much lower level it was difficult to weaken.

"Cherrim, the Blossom Pokémon. Cherrim become very active during times of strong sunlight. If they sense this strong sunlight, they open their folded petals to absorb the sun's rays with their whole body."

546. Cherrim

I took the pair to the Day Care on Route 117, and soon had a few eggs that hatched into Cherubi!

"Cherubi, the Cherry Pokémon. Cherubi evolve by sucking the energy out of the small ball where they had been storing nutrients. When the small ball is drained of these nutrients, it shrivels to herald evolution. Sunlight colors them red."

547. Cherubi

Before leaving for Sinnoh again, I adjusted my Hoenn party to consist of Misdreavus, Ponyta, Luxio, Aipom, Buneary, and Skarmory. Once back in Sinnoh, I caught an Aipom on a Honey Tree and a Buneary and Misdreavus in Eterna Forest. Along with Kricketune, Luxio, and Ponyta, I went to challenge the Eterna City Gym.

August 11, 2016

Before leaving for work, I caught a Cherubi outside of Eterna City. Since I already had six Pokémon with me, I'll wait to add it to the team until after the gym battle.

August 13, 2016

I challenged Gardenia to a gym battle, and most of my Pokémon had a difficult time, but Ponyta was able to defeat her grass-types no problem.

August 16, 2016

I swapped out Kricketune and added Cherubi to the Sinnoh team.

OffRoadSP

Years
August 17, 2016

I Soared back to Hoenn on Mega Latios. As I approached, I noticed a mountain just north of Mossdeep City. I landed on this Mirage Mountain, and saw some wild Audino in the tall grass. But looking closer, I saw something else… wild Happiny! I caught three of them with some help from my PokéNav. Interestingly enough, all three had a different ability, and two of them had 2-Star potential. For now, I sent them to storage, since I had a full party to train already with me. Also, two of them had Oval Stones, which is helpful, and the third had a Lucky Egg instead!

"Happiny, the Playhouse Pokémon. Happiny carry a round, egg-shaped rock in their belly pouch and will give this rock to their friends. They are bothered by how curly their hair looks."

548. Happiny

Before leaving Mirage Mountain, I discovered an Armor Fossil under one of the rocks there. I then decided to check into the PGL, and then Soar on Mega Latias this time. I found another Mirage Mountain, this time far into the southeast ocean surrounding Hoenn. There, I found a Helix Fossil and a Skull Fossil.

I used my PokéNav Plus to see what my next location was. I landed on the summit of Mt Pyre, where I searched for some wild Bronzor! I caught two of them from the area.

"Bronzor, the Bronze Pokémon. Bronzor are believed to contain a mysterious power in the patterns on their backs. Implements shaped like them were discovered in ancient tombs. It is unknown if they are related."

549. Bronzor

After giving my Pokémon a brief rest at the Pokémon Center, I traveled to Meteor Falls. Inside the cave, I learned that there were some new wild Pokémon that could be found there. I ran into a wild Druddigon, and the PokéNav also showed wild Deino in the area. But what I was looking for were some wild Clefairy! I captured a pair of them, one female and one male.

"Clefairy, the Fairy Pokémon. Clefairy come out to play in groups on every night of a full moon. When dawn arrives, they tiredly return to their quiet mountain retreats and go to sleep nestled up against each other."

550. Clefairy

As expected, Clefairy are no longer normal-type Pokémon, but rather straight fairy-type. I took the Clefairy to the Day Care, when I soon found a few eggs, which quickly hatched into some Cleffa!

"Cleffa, the Star-Shape Pokémon. Cleffa can be seen dancing in a ring on nights with many shooting stars. They dance through the night and stop only at the break of day, when they quench their thirst with the morning dew."

551. Cleffa

After that, I returned to Sinnoh. I caught a Bronzor and Cleffa in Mt Coronet and swapped them into my party, giving Luxio and Ponyta a rest.

August 21, 2016

I challenged Fantina to a gym battle at the Hearthome Gym, but I could not beat her. I had forgotten how strong her Mismagius was.

August 22, 2016

I finally defeated Fantina by changing up my line-up as well as training a bit extra. Cherubi defeated Duskull, Luxio defeated Mismagius… barely, and Bronzor defeated Haunter. After healing up at the Pokémon Center, I changed around my team to consist of Mismagius, Cleffa, a Happiny I received from Mr. Backlot's nearby Trophy Garden, and an Egg I was given. Now, it's back to Hoenn for a few things.

August 24, 2016

Back in Hoenn, I discovered a few more Mirage Spots and collected a bunch of Pokémon fossils. I think I have at least one of each known fossil. I brought some Skull Fossils and Armor Fossils to the Devon Corporation, and revived a pair of Cranidos and a pair of Shieldon!

"Cranidos, the Head Butt Pokémon. Cranidos were resurrected from iron ball-like fossils. Lifelong jungle dwellers from 100 million years ago, they would snap obstructing trees and down prey with their headbutts."

"Shieldon, the Shield Pokémon. Shieldon were generated from fossils dug out of a layer of clay that was older than anyone knows. They have a sturdy face, and habitually polish their face by rubbing it against tree trunks. They are weak to attacks from behind."

552. Cranidos

553. Shieldon

August 26, 2016

While traveling around the Hoenn region, two of my Happiny evolved into Chansey!

"Chansey, the Egg Pokémon, and the evolved form of Happiny. Chansey lay nutritionally excellent eggs on an everyday basis. The eggs are so delicious, they are easily and eagerly devoured by even those people who have lost their appetite."

554. Chansey

August 27, 2016

Many, many years ago, there was an old woman in Lavaridge Town near the hot springs who gave me an egg that introduced me to Wynaut during my first adventure in Hoenn. She remembered me, and gave me another Pokémon egg. I kept it with me, but it was taking unusually longer to hatch than a normal Pokémon egg.

While I was Soaring on Mega Latios, I looked for the Mirage Spot that would appear for today. I was extremely lucky, because just south of Ever Grande City, Crescent Isle appeared! I landed on the island, and was immediately overcome by a strong feeling of peace and calmness. Hoopa was with me, and threw one of its rings over the island, and the legendary Pokémon Cresselia appeared! I had never encountered Cresselia in my Sinnoh journey, so I feel fortunate to finally find one.

I had Chansey paralyze it with Thunder Wave, then my Skarmory used a few X-Scissor attacks to weaken it. A half dozen Ultra Balls later, and I caught a Cresselia!

"Cresselia, the Lunar Pokémon. Cresselia is said to represent the crescent moon. Shiny particles are released from its wings like a veil. Those who sleep holding Cresselia's feathers are assured of joyful dreams."

555. Cresselia

August 28, 2016

The egg I received in Lavaridge Town finally hatched into a Togepi!

"Togepi, the Spike Ball Pokémon. Togepi use the positive emotions of compassion and pleasure exuded by people and Pokémon as their energy. They store up feelings of happiness inside of their shell, and then share them with others."

556. Togepi

Razgrey

Excalibur
Years
Aug 24 2016
I'm going with this dumb kid and his pokemon adventure. He's a total idiot, so I swapped out some of his Pokemon for good ones, like Tailow, Ralts, and Nincada.
My Tailow evolved into a Swellow. By the way, this kid's Level 33 Combusken almost double kicked my Ralts in a double battle.
I found Maxie from Team Magma. He tried to intimidate me into giving up, but he had the stupidest voice ever. And he didnt even battle me. Seriously, you just sent some wimpy Numel at me.

Aug 27 2016
Now that my Ralts has evolved into a Kirlia, and the Nincada has evolved into a Ninjask, I challenged the gym.
Unfortunately Wattson steamrolled my Kirlia, Ninjask, and Shedinja. So I had to use this kid's stupid chicken to deal with Wattson's pokemon.

OffRoadSP

Years
August 29, 2016

Back in Sinnoh, I hatched a Togepi while walking in Amity Square and my Happiny evolved into Chansey. I also dug up some fossils and had them restored into a Cranidos and Shieldon.

August 30, 2016

I reached Solaceon Town, and in the Solaceon ruins my Cleffa evolved into a Clefairy. I decided to swap Clefairy and Chansey out of my team in exchange for Ponyta and Bronzor, so I can train them for the Veilstone Gym.

August 31, 2016

I challenged Maylene at the Veilstone gym. Misdreavus defeated Meditite, Misdreavus and Bronzor defeated Machoke, and Bronzor and Ponyta defeated Lucario. After accepting the Cobble Badge, I Soared back to Hoenn to catch some more Pokémon for my National Pokédex.

After connecting to the PGL, I flew around Hoenn on Mega Latios to see what Mirage Spots I might find. Far in the southeastern part of Hoenn, I found a Mirage Mountain and landed there. There were a lot of wild Xatu in the area, but there were also wild… Porygon! I don't remember ever finding Porygon in the wild in any region. I caught three of them. Unfortunately, there are no Upgrades or Dubious Discs to be found in neither Hoenn nor Kalos, so evolving them is going to be a challenge.

"Porygon, the Virtual Pokémon. Porygon are capable of reverting themselves entirely back to program data and entering cyberspace. They are copy protected so they cannot be duplicated by copying."

557. Porygon

September 1, 2016

Today I found a Mirage Mountain east of Mossdeep that had a lot of wild Audino and Happiny that were perfect for training some of my Pokémon. I also ran into a wild Tangela, which I promptly caught!

"Tangela, the Vine Pokémon. Tangela have vines that snap off easily if they are grabbed. This happens without pain, allowing them to make a quick getaway. The lost vines are replaced by newly grown vines the very next day."

558. Tangela

September 2, 2016

I stayed on that Mirage Spot, and trained a bit against the wild Pokémon there. It helped several of my Pokémon to evolve!

"Luxray, the Gleam Eyes Pokémon, and the evolved form of Luxio. Luxray have the ability to see through objects, which comes in handy when they're scouting for danger. When their eyes gleam gold, they can spot hiding prey, even those taking shelter behind a wall."

"Rampardos, the Head Butt Pokémon, and the evolved form of Cranidos. Rampardos have a skull that is as hard as iron and can withstand impacts of any magnitude. As a result, their brain never gets the chance to grow. They are brutes that tear down jungle trees while catching prey."

"Bastiodon, the Shield Pokémon, and the evolved form of Shieldon. Bastiodon are docile Pokémon that feed on grass and berries. When they line up side by side, no foe could break through and any frontal attack is repulsed. They shield their young in that way."

"Togetic, the Happiness Pokémon, and the evolved form of Togepi. Togetic are said to be Pokémon that bring good fortune. When they spot someone who is pure of heart, they are said to appear and share their happiness with that person."

559. Luxray

560. Rampardos

561. Bastiodon

562. Togetic

After that, I caught a second Tangela, and then Soared away from the Mirage Spot, which promptly disappeared. The Mirage Spot that appeared today was the Mirage Mountain where I had caught the Porygon.

Later that evening, I connected to the PGL, which caused many more Mirage Spots to appear. I landed on a Mirage Mountain in southern Hoenn, and found that wild Elekid live there! I caught three of them. One knew the move Ice Punch, and another knew Hammer Arm, both moves that give some type diversity to the electric-type Pokémon. Two of them also had an Electirizer that they were holding, which will make things easier when I am ready to have one evolve.

"Elekid, the Electric Pokémon. Elekid store electricity in their body. If the touch metal and accidentally discharge all their built-up electricity, they begin swinging their arms in circles to recharge themselves."

563. Elekid

A2-036-3 Adventure Outgoing A Medal commemorating the extraordinary human dramas of encountering 10,000 fellow players. 08/09/2016

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
September 3, 2016

Before leaving for Sinnoh, I had one more stop to make. On Route 103 north of Oldale Town, I heard that some new Pokémon had been sighted. Wild Chatot could be found there now, and I also found some wild Shellos! I caught a pair of them before leaving.

"Shellos, the Sea Slug Pokémon. Shellos vary in shape and coloration, depending on their habitat. Beware of pushing strongly on their squishy body, as it makes a mysterious purple fluid ooze out."

564. Shellos

Back in Sinnoh, I obtained a Porygon in Veilstone City. My team consisted of Luxio, Cranidos, Shieldon, Togepi, and Porygon.

September 5, 2016

Traveling to Pastoria City, Luxio evolved into Luxray. I then caught a Tangela in the nearby Safari Zone. Soon after that, Togepi evolved into Togetic! Next up, the Pastoria City Gym!

September 6, 2016

I caught a blue Shellos near Pastoria City as I was training for my gym battle. Then I went to the Pastoria Gym, where Luxray and Tangela easily defeated Wake… I mean, Crasher Wake… and his water-type Pokémon. Then on the way back to Solaceon Town, my Cranidos evolved into Rampardos, and Shieldon evolved into Bastiodon. I used the Eon Flute, and Soared back to Hoenn to obtain some more Pokémon towards my Living Pokédex goal.

Once back in Hoenn, I flew over all the Mirage Spots that appeared, and decided to land on one of the Mirage Mountains near Mossdeep City. It was very warm on the mountain, and made a perfect habitat for the wild Darmanitan and Magby that lived there! I caught three Magby in the area, and it proved to be more difficult than I expected, as a Sunny Day boosted Lava Plume can do significant damage to my Skarmory, even from a Magby.

"Magby, the Live Coal Pokémon. Magby's state of health is determined by the fire they breathe. If they are spouting yellow flames, they are in good health. When they are fatigued, black smoke will be mixed with the flames."

565. Magby

Then I was surfing around Route 122 outside of Mt Pyre, and I found some wild Finneon in the area! I caught a pair of them, and my Buneary evolved into Lopunny!

"Finneon, the Wing Fish Pokémon. Finneon have a line running down their side that can store sunlight. After long exposure to sunlight, the patterns on their tail fins shine vividly when darkness arrives."

"Lopunny, the Rabbit Pokémon, and the evolved form of Buneary. Lopunny have ears that appear to be delicate. If they are touched roughly, they kick with their graceful legs. Extremely cautious, they quickly bound off when they sense danger."

566. Finneon

567. Lopunny

September 7, 2016

While I was in Mauville City, someone gave me a Mega Stone they had discovered. It looks like there is one more mega evolution for me to see, because the Mega Stone was Loppunite, and I got to check out Mega Lopunny! Mega Lopunny becomes part fighting-type, which is interesting. It's faster and its attack power nearly doubles. And with its ability of Scrappy, all of its moves can hit ghost-types.

Mega Lopunny

I did some training against the wild Pokémon in Victory Road, and a few of my Pokémon evolved. Shellos evolved into Gastrodon, Aipom evolved into Ambipom, and Bronzor evolved into Bronzong!

"Gastrodon, the Sea Slug Pokémon, and the evolved form of Shellos. Gastrodon apparently had a huge shell for protection in ancient times. They live in shallow tidal pools. When their natural enemies attack, they ooze purple fluid and escape."

"Ambipom, the Long Tail Pokémon, and the evolved form of Aipom. Ambipom work in large colonies and make rings by linking their tails, apparently in friendship. To eat, they deftly shuck nuts with their two tails. They rarely use their arms."

"Bronzong, the Bronze Bell Pokémon, and the evolved form of Bronzor. Bronzong was found buried in the ground. In ages past, they were revered as bringers of rain. Ancient people believed that petitioning them for rain was the way to make crops grow."

568. Gastrodon

569. Ambipom

570. Bronzong

After connecting to the PGL, I took to the skies again on Mega Latios. Near Mossdeep City, there was a Mirage Forest that appeared. I landed, and immediately saw some wild Tangela in the area. I also found some wild Glameow, and captured a pair!

"Glameow, the Catty Pokémon. Glameow demonstrate beautiful movements of their tail when they're happy, like a dancing ribbon. They claw if displeased and purr when affectionate. Their fickleness is very popular among some."

571. Glameow

I then thought about what I can do about Porygon. There are no Up-Grades or Dubious Discs lying around Hoenn or Kalos. I decided to make a quick trip back to Kiloude City in the Kalos region. The Battle Maison had many evolution items that one could trade Battle Points for. Although I haven't participated in the Battle Maison yet, I had a good amount of Battle Points that Brigette gave me for using her Pokémon Bank service. So I was able to purchase two Up-Grades and a Dubious Disc.

Before I left, I noticed an odd anomaly in the skies above Kalos. Then two Pokémon appeared on the horizon, one large one followed by a smaller one. As it came closer, I saw who it was: Arceus, and it was being followed by Victini! After they disappeared from sight, I noticed that I had two Cherish Balls on my belt. It looks like I've added two more mythical Pokémon to my growing collection!

"Arceus, the Alpha Pokémon. Arceus emerged from an egg and shaped all there is in this world, according to the legends of Sinnoh. It is told in mythology that this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed."

"Victini, the Victory Pokémon. Victini brings victory. It is said that trainers with it always win, regardless of the type of encounter. When it shares the infinite energy it creates, that being's entire body will be overflowing with power."

572. Arceus

573. Victini

Once back in Hoenn, I used the Up-Grades, and two of my Porygon evolved into Porygon2!

"Porygon2, the Virtual Pokémon, and the evolved form of Porygon. Porygon2 were created by humans using the power of science. The man-made Pokémon have been endowed with artificial intelligence that enables them to learn new gestures and emotions on their own."

574. Porygon2

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am currently trying to fill up my National Dex in my Omega Sapphire. I have been at it for a while now, but just decided to start journaling it now. It is a slow and steady process, but I try to catch and train a little bit each day.

Today I caught:

Fortress
Kricketune

Today my Pokemon evolved into:

Seismitoad
Gastrodon
Gothorita

Current Progress-

National Dex: 254

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Day 3 of play:

Renamed Skippy, my Mudkip, into Shrek.

Evolved Shrek.

Defeated Watson.

Replaced Cheeto (my Beautifly) with a Voltorb, known as Bootleg Ball.

Almost got rid of Sasuke (my Nincada).

Day 4:

Rematched a few trainers.

Caught a Nosepass and named it Mario, and a Volbeat and named it Adam Young.

Evolved Sasuke into a Ninjask and a Shedinja.

Evolved Gaf (my Ralts).

Still haven't evolved Swift (my Taillow).

Thinking of replacing Swift and Sasuke with a Tropius.

Day 5:

Placed Mario in the daycare.

Caught Numel, Machop, Slugma, Koffing, Spinda, Sandshrew, and Skarmory (too lazy to say their nicknames, except Skarmory).

Replaced Swift and Sasuke with Mario and RobotChicken (Skarmory).

I also evolved Swift today. She was quite tanky compared to my other Pokémon, and helped me catch a Lv. 28 Spinda at Route 113.

Day 5:

Kept progressing through Route 113.

Caught Koffing, Torkoal, Trapinch, Baltoy, Seviper, Lunatone, Pelipper, Victini (Mystery Gift), and maybe a few more.

Beat Archie.

Obtained the Wynaut egg.

Got irritated with a Battle Girl with a Meditite appearing in almost every gym.

Defeated Flannery.

Evolved Bootleg Ball and Gaf (into a Gardevoir).

Obtained HM Surf.

Evolved Mario.

Surfed through some of Route 109.

Explored Sea Mauville.

Day 6:

Replaced Bootleg Ball with a Latias I named "The Future".

Caught some Pokémon.

Defeated Winona.

Day 7:

Caught various Pokémon in the Safari Zone.

Explored Lilycove.

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I have started trading over Pokemon from my X game that aren't available in ORAS. Some of them are also extras that I need for various reasons. I am sending over a little bit at a time, though, so I do not get overwhelmed by all of the Pokemon I need to train.

Over the last few days I trained my Pokemon and they evolved into:

Tepig --> Pignite --> Emboar
Magnemite --> Magneton --> Magnezone
Paras --> Parasect
Krabby --> Kingler
Pidove --> Tranquill --> Unfezant
Gothorita --> Gothielle

Pokemon I traded over from X:

Torchic
Exeggcute
Carnivine
Houndour
Clampearl
Cubone
Clauncher
Remoraid
Basculin
Qwilfish
Wooper
Munchlax
Snorlax
Furfou
Dunsparce
Tauros
Lickitung
Zangoose
Smeargle
Kangaskhan
Miltank
Snubbull
Golett
Eevee
Drifloon
Pumpkaboo
Solosis
Woobat

Current Progress-

National Dex: 290

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Over the last few few days, I trained and evolved:

Sandile –-> Krokorok –> Krookodile
Lombre –> Ludicolo
Mankey –-> Primeape
Frillish –> Jelliecent
Tangela –> Tangrowth
Diglett –> Dugtrio
Ponyta –> Rapidash
Tyrogue –> Hitomonlee
Tynamo –> Eleletriik
Kakuna –> Beedrill –> Mega Beedrill
Joltik –> Galvantula
Deino –> Zweilous
Scraggy –> Scrafty
Aipom –> Ambipom
Nincada –> Ninjask –> Shedinja

Pokemon that I caught:

Maracactus
Larvesta
Porygon
Confarigus

Pokemon I received through events:

Regirock
Registeel
Regiice
Darkrai

Current Progress-

National Dex: 315

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I've come up with a system where I trade Pokemon from X every time I train and evolve a PC Box's worth of Pokemon. This time I had already transferred a box worth of new Pokemon, but I decided to trade over some rare items and that meant trading over more Pokemon.

Pokemon I trained and evolved-

Probopass
Kadabra
Dewgong
Bronzor
Finneon
Arcanine
Eelektross
Cacturne
Vibrava
Flygon
Ryhorn
Hydreigon

Pokemon I Caught-

Elekid
Vullaby
Stantler
Minun
Crelessia

Pokemon traded from X-

Mareep
Hawlucha
Meinfoo
Lucario
Farfetch'd
Sigilyph
Stunfisk
Gigalith
Swirlix
Slurpuff (I accidentally traded a Swirlix with a Whipped Dream and it evolved so I had to trade over another Swirlix)
Hippotas
Foongus
Stunky
Pawniard
Durant
Ferroseed
Solrock
Karrablast
Shelmet
Pachirusu
Emolga
Helioptile
Teddiursa
Hoothoot
Patrat
Panpour
Pansage
Pansear
Caterpie
Bunnelby
Skiddo
Pancham
Scatterbug
Fletchling
Gligar
Scyther
Snover
Yanma
Bellsprout
Bidoof
Combee
Shieldon
Amaura
Jynx
MewTwo

Pokemon that evolved when I traded them-

Alakazam
Golem
Conkledurr

Pokemon I bred and hatched

Smoochum
Pichu
Riolu
Yamask
Igglybuff
Pineco
Kricketot
Darumaka

National Dex- 395

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I forgot to post this a while back, so I think my numbers might be a little off. However, I am making slow but steady progress toward my goal of filling my National Dex. My next step is to make my final transfers from Pokemon X, where I have been catching any Pokemon I missed.

Pokemon I trained and evolved-

Binacle –> Barbaracle
Cyndaquil –> Quilava –> Typholsion
Anorith –> Armaldo
Luxio –> Luxray
Poochyena –> Mightyena
Spionk –> Grumpig
Sanshrew –> Sandslash
Marill –> Azumarill
Axew –> Fraxure –> Haxorus
Lillipup –> Herdier –> Stoutland
Sewaddle –> Swadaloon –> Leavanny
Tirtouga –> Carracosta
Pidegotto –> Pidgeot
Magby –> Magmar
Omanyte –> Omastar
Houndour –> Houndoom

Pokemon I Caught-

Vizirion
Delibird
Suicune

Gift Pokemon-

Beldum
Togepi

Hatched-

Weedle
Cherubi
Meowth
Azuril

Event Pokemon-

Volcanion

National Dex- 430

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am slowly making progress with training. Very soon I am going to transfer over all of the Pokemon I have been catching and breeding in X. I also have some Pokemon from Black 2 to transfer that aren't available in AS or X. When I do the final trade, you will see how much effort I was putting into X!

Pokemon I have trained and evolved-

Torchic > Combusken > Blaziken
Cubone > Marowak
Clauncher > Clawitzer
Whopper > Quagsire
Snubball > Granbull
Drifloon > Drifblim
Solosis > Dusion > Reuncilous
Gollett > Golurk
Elekid > Electabuzz
Woobat > Swoobat
Cranidous > Rampardos
Lickitung > Lickilicki
Turtwig > Grotle > Torterra
Lopunny > Buneary
Remoraid > Octillery
Foongus > Amoonguss
Hippotas > Hippowdon
Stunky > Sknutank
Ferroseed > Ferrothorn
Patrat > Watchung
Bunnelby > Diggersby
Vullaby > Mandabuzz
Pawniard > Bisharp
Mareep > Flaafy > Amphoros

Pokemon I hatched-

Cleffa
Togepi

Legendaries I caught-

Entei
Raikou
Regiggas
Thundorus

National Dex: 465

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
This includes all of the Pokemon I traded over from my Pokemon X game. It also includes Pokemon not available in XY or ORAS that I transferred from my Pokemon Black 2 game. I am at the final stretch! All I have to do is train my remaining Pokemon and trade a couple more from my friend that I am not able to get from any of my games (event Pokemon, etc.).

Final Legendaries I Caught In Alpha Sapphire

Azelf
Kyurem
Landoros
Diagla
Giratina

Pokemon I Traded From My X Version

Burmy
Flabebe
Ledyba
Espurr
Sentret
Honedge
Venipede
Sneasel
Inkay
Ducklett
Litwick
Lileep
Shieldon
Croagunk
Archen
Hoppip
Mr. Mime
Mawile
Bergmite
Goony
Heatmor
Shuckle
Anorith
Sewaddle
Delibird
Mime Jr.
Cubchoo
Vanillite
Cryogonal
Litleo
Bunnelby
Noibat
Lapras
Fennekin
Chespin
Starly
Dratini
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Buizel
Swinub
Corsola
Bulbasaur
Ducklett
Deddene
Gastly
Spearow
Zapdos
Nidoran female
Nidoran male
Sudowoodo
Bonsly
Rotom
Xerneas
Celebii
MewTwo
Zygarde

Pokemon I Transferred From My Black 2 Version

Purrloin
Shellder
Minccino
Treecko
Snivy
Bulbasaur
Chikarita
Totodile
Squirtle
Piplup
Charmander
Torchic
Oshawott
Chimchar
Ekans
Larvitar
Seedot
Kabuto
Throh
Phione
Manaphy
Articuno
Moltres
Reshiram
Ho-Oh
Palkia
Latios
Groudon
Jirachi
Unown
Tornadus

National Dex- 552

Tranquillium

Oddish
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Hi. This looks like the place to go for writing down playthroughs, so here's mine so far.
This will be a Pokemon X Nuzlocke run. I'm not going to be particularly strict, and I will allow exceptions for duplicates and allow myself to bring Pokemon out of the death box after I defeat the Champion
I started out with a girl called Atlas on her birthday, which meant that she would finally get a Pokemon (yay).
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back