• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
  • February 28, 2016

It's a beautiful day out, so I went outside to do some Pokémon training! I progressed on to Route 119. I battled some trainers, and then explored the very tall grass near the beginning of the route. I saw wild thanks to the PokéNav I saw (or didn't see) plenty of wild Kecleon camouflaged among the grass, as well as wild Gloom and Linoone. Then I also discovered some wild Tropius! It took a little while, but with the help of the PokéNav, I found one that I sent out Cacnea to battle. It weakened it with a few Feint Attacks, and then I tossed a Poké Ball and caught it! This Tropius was interesting because it could use Dragon Dance, which is a rare move for it to have. Since I already have two other grass-types on my team, I rotated out Shroomish to make room for Tropius.

"Tropius, the Fruit Pokémon. Tropius love fruit, and eat it continuously. Apparently, their love for fruit resulted in their own outgrowth of fruit. Children of the southern tropics eat as snacks this fruit that grows in bunches around the necks of these Pokémon. They fly by flapping the leaves on their back as if they were wings."

171. Tropius

I battled more trainers along the route, and one of the fishermen had a Feebas! I do remember Feebas being native to this route, though a little difficult to find.

"Feebas, the Fish Pokémon. Feebas have fins that are ragged and tattered from the start of their lives. Because of their shoddy appearance, they are largely ignored. Despite this, they have a hardy and tenacious life force that enables them to live anywhere in both the sea and in rivers. However, they are also slow and dimwitted, making them an easy catch."

I continued along Route 119, and finally reached the Weather Institute. As luck would have it, Team Aqua was there too. So I snuck inside, and used a PC to contact Professor Birch. I had him send me my Shroomish back in exchange for Sharpedo. I figured an extra grass-type couldn't hurt to battle Team Aqua with.

I battled through several grunts and eventually Admin Shelly and her Sharpedo. She seemed a bit conflicted about something though, and did not put up too much resistance about leaving. The scientists there said she was asking about weather changes caused by ancient Pokémon. I already knew about the severe floods that can be caused by Kyogre or the droughts caused by Groudon. However, the scientists informed me that long ago, these two Pokémon existed in more potent, primal forms, that caused weather changes even more severe than today. Apparently, this is somehow similar to Mega Evolution. Interesting. This must be what Team Aqua and Team Magma are after this time around.

February 29, 2016

As a reward for driving off Team Aqua, the scientists let me have one of the Castform that live at the Weather Institute! I was extremely thankful, as there are not many other places currently known to obtain this Pokémon. I sent Shroomish to Professor Birch so it could join Team Sapphire.
    My Hoenn Pokédex is coming along nicely!

"Castform, the Weather Pokémon. Castform borrow the power of nature to transform itself into the guises of the sun, rain, and snow-clouds. They gained this ability to protect their tiny body. Their feelings change with the weather."

172. Castform

That afternoon I sent Castform to Professor Birch. He examined it and said that it was rather special, because its base stats were extremely high. Also, its beauty condition was higher than normal. I decided I would keep the Castform gifted to me at the lab. The scientists at the Weather Institute said they had a group of Castform that hatched from eggs just this morning, so it was one of those that I added to Team Sapphire. It also seems that these Castform that hatched were eggs found near the one I was given.

March 1, 2016

I reached Fortree City. It was as peaceful as I remember it; this is a place where the people are very close to nature, quite literally, as they have built most of their houses and buildings atop the thick trees that grow here. I made a brief stop in the Pokémon Center, then explored the town. One of the buildings was the Secret Base Guild, where I found Aarune and his Flygon. He let me battle it with Castform for a little more training experience.

Then it was time to decide which Pokémon to take to the Fortree Gym. Since it's a flying-type gym, the decision of which of my current six Pokémon I should battle with is pretty clear. I left Cacnea and Tropius at the Pokémon Center. I figure that they along with Shroomish will have their chance to shine if the final gym is a water-type gym. So I took Castform, Anorith, Weezing, and Camerupt, and headed over to Route 120 to do some training for the gym battle!

E2-016-2 Fun Bronze Flag Collector A Medal to commemorate 30 flags collected in other Trainers' Secret Bases. 03/01/2016
    A2-042-1 Adventure Dowse Fever A Medal for Trainers who have used their Dowsing Machines more than 100 times, and cannot not use them. 03/01/2016
    A2-033-2 Adventure Great Customer A Medal for rich people who spent $100,000 at Poké Marts. 03/01/2016

OffRoadSP

Years
  • March 2, 2016

Fortree Gym Challenge
    Vs Winona

The battlefield was at the top of the gym. The gym didn't seem to change all that much over the years, as the puzzles to reach the top were essentially the same. I have to admit, though, that I don't really remember her Pokémon line-up all that well.

"This official Hoenn region gym battle will now begin!" The judge called out as I took my place on the battlefield opposite Winona. "Each side will be allowed the use of four Pokémon. The battle will be over once either side is out of Pokémon who can battle."

"Witness the elegant choreography of my bird Pokémon and me!" Winona sent out her first Pokémon. "Swellow, I choose you!"

"Nothing too surprising there," I said to myself. "Weezing, maximize!"

"Swellow, take to the air and use Double Team!" Winona commanded.

"Weezing, use Sludge Bomb!" Unfortunately, the attack hit the doubles created by Double Team, completely missing.

"Your Weezing is going to be too slow for my Swellow," Winona commented. "Swellow, strike back with Aerial Ace!"

"Weezing, strike back with Sludge Bomb!" But again, Sludge Bomb missed, but Aerial Ace never does.

"Keep it up, Swellow! Aerial Ace again!" Thankfully Weezing's defenses are high, so it can take the hits without too much of an issue."

"Just hang in there, Weezing!" I called out to my Pokémon. "Some of the doubles have disappeared. Try Sludge Bomb again!"

This time, it was a hit. And a powerful one at that!

"Swellow is unable to battle," the judge called. "Weezing wins!"

"Good job, Swellow," Winona recalled her fallen Pokémon. "Now, Altaria, I choose you!"

"I thought that might be a possibility. Weezing, return, great job out there. Ok, this is who I planned to use against a dragon-type; Castform, maximize!"

"A Castform? From over at the Weather Institute?" Asked Winona. "Oh, that means you're going to… quick, Altaria, use Dragon Breath!"

"Castform, use Hail!" Altaria was the quicker Pokémon; Dragon Breath not only hit, but also paralyzed Castform. But the Hail did start to fall on the battlefield, causing Castform to change its form to its Snowy Form, making it an ice-type Pokémon.

"Dragon Breath, one more time!" Winona knew her Pokémon was faster, and it blasted Castform again.

"You can do it, Castform! Weather Ball, let's go!" I was hoping luck was on my side, and it was! Weather Ball was an ice-type attack due to the hail, and it was doubly super-effective against the dragon/flying-type Altaria!

"Altaria is unable to battle," came the call after Altaria hit the ground. "Castform is the winner of the round!"

"Great job, Castform! Now take a good rest!"

"Altaria, return, thank you," Winona said as she prepared her next Pokémon. "I'm impressed, your Pokémon are well trained. You've defeated my first two Pokémon in a single hit. Now, Skarmory, I choose you!"

"A Skarmory, eh? I'll have to bring the Skarmory I recently caught to the gym for you to check out sometime." I tossed my next Poké Ball towards the ground. "Camerupt, maximize!"

"You're well-prepared with good type-matchups," Winona commented. "Skarmory, use Sand Attack!"

"Camerupt, Lava Plume!" Surprisingly, Camerupt was the faster Pokémon, and it blasted Skarmory, knocking it out immediately!"

"Skarmory is unable to battle!" The judge said as he raised his arm.

Winona only had one Pokémon left. "Pelipper, I choose you!"

"Whoops, that's a bad match for you, Camerupt. Return, you did great! Now, Anorith, maximize!"

"This should be interesting," Winona said. "Pelipper, use Water Pulse!"

"Anorith, quick, use Smack Down!" Both attacks struck each Pokémon, and both were super effective! On top of that, each Pokémon took damage from the hail that was still falling. Neither Pokémon was knocked out, but they both were struggling to continue.

"Well, at least it wasn't another single hit knock out," commented Winona.

"Anorith, are you ok?" I looked over to my Pokémon, as it struggled to get up. Suddenly, it began to glow! Anorith was evolving!

"Armaldo, the Plate Pokémon, and the evolved form of Anorith. Armaldo became extinct in prehistoric times. They are said to have walked on their hind legs, which would have been more convenient for life on land. Their two enormous claws can be freely extended or contracted. They have the power to punch right through a steel slab. Their tough armor makes most attacks bounce off."

173. Armaldo

"This is perfect!" I yelled with excitement. "Armaldo, finish this with Crush Claw!"

Armaldo connected with its large claw, moving rather quickly for its size. Pelipper was hurled to the ground.

"Pelipper is unable to battle," came the judge's final call. "The winner of the Fortree Gym battle is Steve and his Armaldo!"

After the battle, Winona met me in front of the gym. "Steve, I once again recognize your talent. I present you the Feather Badge! I know you'll keep aiming higher and higher. Don't stop until you reach the sky!"

My sixth Hoenn gym badge is in hand! I won a Feather Badge!

75px-Feather_Badge.png

I feel like I'm moving through Hoenn at a good pace. I mean, six badges in just over four months has to be a record for me or something. I should focus on completing my Hoenn Pokédex a bit. And I should probably see what Team Aqua and Team Magma are up to as well…

A2-017-1 Adventure Bug-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Bug-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 03/02/2016

OffRoadSP

Years
  • March 3, 2016

So now it's time to switch back to Team Ruby. After having my team of Pokémon treated at the Pokémon Center, I sent them to Professor Birch, and had Skarmory, Vigoroth, Grimer, Baltoy, and Lileep sent to me, as well as Sharpedo to be able to Surf around on. As usual, I started things up with a warm-up of doing a circuit around Hoenn, re-battling any previous trainers that I could.

When I reached Dewford Town, I stopped by the beachfront Super Training facility there to work with my Skarmory. Though there were a few challenges that took a few tries to defeat, Skarmory eventually hit the target time in each obstacle. It won several prizes, including a Dawn Stone and Leaf Stone. One of the Black Belts on the island saw Skarmory's hard work, and awarded it the Training Ribbon! That makes it Skarmory's fourth Hoenn ribbon. It learned a new move while we were training as well. It can now boost its speed with Agility!

Training_Ribbon.png

March 7, 2016

While we were finishing up our circuit, Skarmory's Metal Claw attack seemed to become much more powerful. It would sometimes guard itself with its wings after attacking. Then I realized that it had actually learned how to use Steel Wing!

March 8, 2016

Before moving on, I decided to enter a Pokémon Contest in Slateport City with my Skarmory. This time it would be a Master Rank Cool Contest, since the majority of its moves were perfect for that category. Luckily, it did extremely well in the first round, because it didn't score too may points in the second round. Two other Pokémon pulled off their Spectacular Talents; an Electrode performed Striking Chronicles, and a Heracross performed Cool Chrysalis (which I do have to admit was pretty cool). They scored a bunch more points because of this, but overall, Skarmory did manage to get the win! It won the Coolness Master Ribbon, making it Skarmory's fifth ribbon.

Coolness_Master_Ribbon.png

That was a little too close a call though, so I'll have to start focusing on better moves and combinations to teach Skarmory so it can win the other 3 categories of contests.
    While training along Route 118, my Vigoroth evolved into Slaking while battling some wild Pokémon!

174. Slaking

A little further on Route 118, I had a small surprise. The Latias that agreed to come with me a few weeks ago approached out of seemingly nowhere. It seemed worried about something. I hopped on it and it flew me back to Southern Island, where Team Magma had Latios tied up! Magma Admin Courtney was leading the operation. She was definitely an odd individual, talking very robotically. She attacked with her Camerupt and the grunt with her used a Koffing. I sent out Baltoy who quickly dispatched Koffing with Extrasensory, and then it used a combination of attacks to take down Camerupt. Courtney made some cold and calculating comments, and then retreated with the grunt.

I helped untie Latios. In thanks, it agreed to come with me, likely so it could also be reunited with Latias. Though I was worried about who would defend the island. It seems that Latios also carried a Mega Stone with it! I activated my Key Stone, and it Mega Evolved into Mega Latios! Oddly enough, it looked almost exactly like Mega Latias.

"Latios, the Eon Pokémon. Latios is intelligent and understands human speech. It will only open its heart to a trainer with a compassionate spirit. It has the ability to make others see an image of what it has seen or images in its head. It can fly faster than a jet plane by folding its forelegs to minimize air resistance."

175. Latios

Mega Latios

Bag_Latiosite_Sprite.png

Returning to Route 118, I had a few more battles with some trainers. After one battle, two of my Pokémon evolved! My Grimer evolved into Muk, and Baltoy evolved into Claydol!

"Muk, the Sludge Pokémon, and the evolved form of Grimer. Muk gather in dirty towns where people think nothing of throwing away litter on the streets. Their favorite food is anything that is repugnantly filthy. From their body seeps a foul fluid that gives off a nose-bleedingly horrible stench. Just one drop of their body fluid can turn a pool stagnant and rancid."

"Claydol, the Clay Doll Pokémon, and the evolved form of Baltoy. Claydol are said to be dolls of mud made by primitive humans and brought to life by exposure to a mysterious ray. They are enigmas that appeared from clay statues made by an ancient civilization dating back 20,000 years. They move about by levitating and shoot beams from both their hands."

176. Muk

177. Claydol

March 9, 2016

Upon reaching the Weather Institute on Route 119, I decided to contact Brigette. I asked her to send me some of my Kalos Pokémon to test out some of the Mega Stones I've found in Hoenn now that I have a Key Stone that works. I sent her Sharpedo and started by having Alakazam sent to me. There were some Team Magma grunts skulking around the Weather Institute, so I had Alakazam battle. I activated the Alakazite, and got to see Mega Alakazam! It gained a huge beard and… lots more spoons. More practically, its special attack increased. I then switched it out for my Mawile. I activated the Mawilite, and had Mega Mawile battle a bit! Its defenses were much higher, and its attack was slightly boosted as well. Its double jaws made it look fiercer as well.

Mega Alakazam
    Bag_Alakazite_Sprite.png

Mega Mawile
    Bag_Mawilite_Sprite.png

March 10, 2016

I continued rotating out some of my Kalos Pokémon to test the Mega Stones. I knew I had Aggronite, so I had Aggron sent to me next. I battled with it a bit on Route 119, then had it Mega Evolve into Mega Aggron! Interestingly enough, it loses its rock-typing and becomes a pure steel-type, and makes it more defensive as well.

Mega Aggron
    Bag_Aggronite_Sprite.png

After having some fun testing its powers, there was one more thing I wanted to do on Route 119 before leaving. I had heard that wild Feebas were much easier to find, and that they were in specific sections of the river depending on the time of day. So I fished under the northern bridge in the morning, and eventually caught a Feebas! Team Ruby now has its water-type Pokémon.

178. Feebas

I know that Feebas needs to have a high Beauty condition to evolve, so I fed it all the blue Pokéblock I had on me. I did then temporarily send it to Professor Birch so I could have one more Kalos Pokémon sent to me, my Manectric. I gave it the Manectite I had. This still leaves the two unidentified Mega Stones, the one from Granite Cave and the Intriguing Stone from Verdanturf Town.
    I stopped in at the Fortree City Gym, and had another battle with Winona. I got to test out Mega Manectric's power. Its mane became extra spiky, and its special attack and speed increased. This helped its Discharge attack hit much harder.

Mega Manectric
    Bag_Manectite_Sprite.png

The other reason I wanted to battle Winona again was to have the opportunity to battle my Skarmory against hers. It was definitely a defensive battle, but my Skarmory was able to defeat hers. She also offered to teach my Skarmory Roost. I figured that might help in our eventual Cleverness Contest, as well as be useful in battle, so I took her up on that offer.

I went out to Route 120 with the intent to continue my travels, when I ran into Steven Stone. He had some gifts for me. He had come across some new Mega Stones. He gave me two of them, and he believes that they are Sceptilite and Swampertite! So it looks like all three of the Hoenn starter Pokémon can Mega Evolve. I thanked him for the stones. I decided that I would change my plans and return to Littleroot Town for now, so I can share some of my discoveries with Professor Birch.

March 12, 2016

This week, I was doing a different kind of training. Training for my first ever 5K, which was today! And it was such a beautiful day for it. Sunny, 50 degrees, low humidity, it was perfect. My Skarmory flew overhead as I was walking and running the course. My goal was 40 minutes; I did more than achieve that with a final time of 35:55!! I was 52 out of 126 overall, and 3rd of 9 in my age/gender category. Not bad for a first time out!

However, along the course, I found what looked to be a Mega Stone. I wonder what Pokémon this could be used on?

March 13, 2016

I travelled back to Littleroot Town in order to review my progress with Professor Birch.

March 14, 2016

Brigette was at Professor Birch's lab. She said she had been assisting Professor Sycamore from Kalos in researching some of these unknown Mega Stones I found. She brought my Pidgeot and Steelix that I had caught in Kalos. The Diancie I found there also accompanied her for some unknown reason. The Mega Stone I found the other day started to glow when I got close to Diancie. I gave Diancie the stone, and Professor Birch, Brigette, and I went out to Route 101. I activated my Key Stone. It looks like the Mega Stone was Diancite, and Diancie mega evolved into Mega Diancie! The Mythical Pokémon from the Kalos region trades much of its defenses for greater attacks and speed when it mega evolves.

Mega Diancie
    Bag_Diancite_Sprite.png

Next up was the original reason Brigette had come to Littleroot town. It seems the Intriguing Stone was actually Pidgeotite, and the Mega Stone from Granite Cave was Steelixite. So we got to check out Mega Pidgeot and Mega Steelix! Both looked very awesome. Mega Pidgeot had a huge wingspan and elongated feathers, which helped raise its speed, but what I think was most interesting was its much higher special attack and its ability of No Guard, which allows it to never miss its opponent! Mega Steelix had a much larger body, and these cool crystals that protruded from its body, as well as some crystals that hover around it, much like Mega Alakazam's hovering spoons. Its ridiculously high defense becomes more ridiculous, its special defense gets a nice boost too, but its attack power becomes much stronger as well. Combine that with its ability of Sand Force, and if a Sandstorm is blowing, its rock, ground, and steel moves will hit unbelievably hard.

Mega Pidgeot
    Bag_Pidgeotite_Sprite.png

Mega Steelix
    Bag_Steelixite_Sprite.png

Brigette had one last surprise for me. She said that some special Pokémon were recently discovered, and she wanted to give them to me to help me complete my Hoenn Pokédex. It was the legendary Regi Trio of the Hoenn region: Regirock, Regice, and Registeel! But what made these three special were that they had different abilities than normal. Typically, all three have the ability Clear Body. This Regirock had the ability Sturdy, Regice had the ability Snow Cloak, and Registeel had the ability Light Metal.

"Regirock, the Rock Peak Pokémon. Regirock was sealed away by people long ago. Its body is composed entirely of rocks. Recently, a study made the startling discovery that the rocks were all unearthed from different locations. It is believed that this is because if its body is damaged in battle, it seeks out suitable rocks around it to repair itself."

"Regice, the Iceberg Pokémon. Regice cloaks itself with frigid air of -328 degrees Fahrenheit which it controls. Things will freeze solid just by going near this Pokémon. Its body was made during an ice age. The deep-frozen body can't be melted, even by fire or immersion in magma."

"Registeel, the Iron Pokémon. Registeel was imprisoned by people in ancient times. It has a body that is harder than any kind of metal. This metal is thought to be a curious substance that is not of this earth. Its body is apparently hollow. No one has any idea what this Pokémon eats."

179. Regirock

180. Regice

181. Registeel

It also looks like Team Ruby earned quite a few medals. I didn't realize it before, but it looks like obtaining Muk marked obtaining all the poison-type Pokémon in Hoenn!

B2-005-1 Battle Noneffective Artist A consolation Medal for Trainers who made the cute mistake of using noneffective moves. 03/14/2016
    A2-017-1 Adventure Bug-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Bug-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 03/14/2016
    A2-013-1 Adventure Poison-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Poison-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 03/14/2016
    A2-005-2 Adventure Good Rod Fisherman A Medal given to leisure fishers who caught 10 Pokémon. 03/14/2016
    E2-016-2 Fun Bronze Flag Collector A Medal to commemorate 30 flags collected in other Trainers' Secret Bases. 03/09/2016
    B2-024-4 Battle Rematch Master A Medal commemorating 100 battles carried out using the Trainer's Eye app. 03/09/2016
    B2-023-1 Battle Secret Battler 1 A Medal commemorating the first battle carried out in a Secret Base. 03/09/2016
    A2-042-1 Adventure Dowse Fever A Medal for Trainers who have used their Dowsing Machines more than 100 times, and cannot not use them. 03/09/2016
    A2-033-2 Adventure Great Customer A Medal for rich people who spent $100,000 at Poké Marts. 03/09/2016
    A2-004-3 Adventure Hard Cycling A Medal given to outstanding cyclists who have ridden a Bicycle 100 times. 03/09/2016

OffRoadSP

Years
  • Hopefully no one is getting annoyed by this, but I am enjoying documenting my playthrough in this way...

Brigette also gave me the Blazikenite that Professor Sycamore discovered in Kalos, explaining that since he knew I had a Combusken, he wanted me to have it. May might be a little jealous! Since I have the Sceptilite, too, I decided this would be a good opportunity to rotate Team Ruby. I left Slaking, Muk, Claydol, and Lileep with Professor Birch. I kept Feebas and Skarmory with me, and then added Grovyle, Combusken, Beautifly, and Nuzleaf to the group. Now to do some training as I go back through all the routes on the way back to Fortree City!

When I got to Petalburg Forest, my Feebas was able to defeat another trainer's Surskit. And after the battle, Feebas evolved into Milotic!

"Milotic, the Tender Pokémon, and the evolved form of Feebas. Milotic live at the bottom of large lakes. When their body glows a vivid pink, they release a pulsing wave of energy. This energy has the power to becalm such emotions as anger and hostility to quell bitter feuding or bring soothing calm to troubled hearts. They are said to be the most beautiful of all Pokémon."

182. Milotic

March 15, 2016

I finally returned to Fortree City, and started traveling further south along Route 120. I battled several wild Pokémon, and the first trainer I encountered used a Pokémon I haven't seen in a very long time: Xatu!

"Xatu, the Mystic Pokémon. Xatu stand rooted and still in one spot all day long while staring at the sun. People believe that they do so out of fear of the terrible things they have foreseen in the future. Some revere them as mystical Pokémon out of the belief that they possess this power to see into the future."

It started raining, which helped boost my Milotic's Aqua Tail, but also boosted any water-type attacks from our opponents. I came upon another trainer who used a Milotic, and decided to send out Grovyle to battle it. After it won the battle, my Grovyle evolved into Sceptile!

"Sceptile, the Forest Pokémon, and the evolved form of Grovyle. Sceptile have seeds growing on their back. They are said to be bursting with nutrients that revitalize trees. They raise these trees in forests with loving care. The leaves growing on their body are very sharp edged. They are very agile and can leap over the branches of trees and jump on their foes from above or behind."

183. Sceptile

Another trainer I encountered had a Masquerain, so I sent out Combusken to battle it. I was hoping for an easy win and another evolution, but the rain just weakened its fire-type moves too much. A short while later though, after the rain had stopped, I found a trainer who battled me with his Cacturne. In addition to getting to see a Pokémon I hadn't battled in several years, my Combusken was easily able to win that match, and then finally evolved into Blaziken!

"Cacturne, the Scarecrow Pokémon, and the evolved form of Cacnea. Cacturne remain unmoving so that they do not lose any moisture to the harsh desert sun. They become more active at night when the temperature drops. If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, they will follow in a ragtag group. They bide their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving."

"Blaziken, the Blaze Pokémon, and the evolved form of Combusken. Blaziken have incredibly strong legs and can easily clear a 30-story building in one leap. In battle, they blow intense flames from their wrists and attack foes courageously. The stronger the foe, the more intensely their wrists burn. Their blazing punches leave their foes scorched and blackened."

184. Blaziken

A2-038-3 Adventure O-Power Lv. 3 A Medal to recognize a fierce current of power in using 50 O-Powers. 03/15/2016
    A2-028-1 Adventure Ace Pilot A Medal for those who flew all over the Hoenn sky using Fly. 03/15/2016
    A2-027-2 Adventure Evolution Tech A Medal for skilled Trainers who evolved Pokémon 10 times and are recognized even by Pokémon Breeders. 03/15/2016

March 16, 2016

Now that I have Sceptile and Blaziken, it's more than time to see them mega evolve! I gave them the Sceptilite and Blazikenite respectively to hold, and then we went out to Route 120 to battle some more. I activated the Key Stone, and first got to see Mega Sceptile! Mega Sceptile becomes a little large, except for its tail which becomes huge. Apparently, it can fire its tail like a missile! Even more interesting is that Mega Sceptile becomes part dragon-type, which can make its Dual Chop attacks hit harder, as well as helping to cover for its fire weakness. It also gains quite a bit of attack and special attack power.

Mega Sceptile
    Bag_Sceptilite_Sprite.png

Next I tested out Mega Blaziken. Though I first heard about it in the Kalos region, now I get to see it for myself. I'd have to say that of all the mega evolved Pokémon I've seen so far, Mega Blaziken has some of the least physical changes. It's about the same size, and its stats all get a modest increase. What's really cool, however, is its special ability: Speed Boost! So the longer Mega Blaziken fights, the faster it becomes.

Mega Blaziken
    Bag_Blazikenite_Sprite.png

With two mega evolving Pokémon now on Team Ruby, I continued along Route 120. Towards the end of the route, I decided it was time to evolve another member of the team. Since Nuzleaf just learned to use Extrasensory, giving it a good variety of moves, I gave it one of the Leaf Stones I had, and it evolved into Shiftry!

"Shiftry, the Wicked Pokémon, and the evolved form of Nuzleaf. Shiftry are mysterious Pokémon that are said to live quietly deep in forests atop towering trees dating back over a thousand years. Their large fans they hold generate awesome gusts of wind at a speed close to 100 feet per second. This creates terrific windstorms that can blow anything away."

185. Shiftry

I reached Route 121, which I know is leading me to the place I dread. I've always disliked the Safari Zones, ever since the days back in Kanto. Having to use bait, and Safari Balls having terrible capture rates… ugh. I know there are a few Pokémon that are only obtainable in the Hoenn region in the Safari Zone, so that will be my next destination, like it or not.

There was a trainer I battled near the start of the route that used the little ghost-type Pokémon, Duskull.

"Duskull, the Requiem Pokémon. Duskull wander lost among the deep darkness of midnight. They can pass through any walls no matter how thick they may be. There is an oft-told admonishment given to misbehaving children that these Pokémon will spirit away bad children. Once they choose a target, they will doggedly pursue the intended victim until the break of dawn."

After a few more battles, I arrived at the Safari Zone. I received a pleasant surprise. It seems the Safari Zone is now completely volunteer driven. Which means no entry fee and no time limit. Also, you are now able to actually battle the Pokémon you encounter in the Safari Zone! And you can use your own Poké Balls! So much as changed over the years. Apparently, the owner of the Safari Zone became greedy, and increased the price of admission. As the price went up, less people came to the Safari Zone. Eventually he went bankrupt. Then, years later, he reopened the area, this time as a non-profit Pokémon preserve.

I wandered around the Safari Zone a bit, running into some wild Pikachu and Psyduck as well as rarer Pokémon in Hoenn like Rhyhorn and Xatu. On top of a little hill, my Key Stone started to glow. I looked over to see something glowing in response. A Mega Stone! I pocketed it, and quickly returned to the entrance. I contacted Professor Sycamore to show him my discovery. He said it looked very much like the Mega Stone that was discovered in Kiloude City in Kalos. That Mega Stone was identified as Absolite! So after I hung up with him, I contacted Brigette to send me my Absol from Kalos. I gave it the Absolite, activated my Key Stone, and got to check out Mega Absol! In addition to gaining wings, Mega Absol has increased special attack and speed, to go along with its already very high attack.

Mega Absol
    Bag_Absolite_Sprite.png

I explored more of the Safari Zone, and eventually found an area where some wild Donphan live! Unfortunately, there are no Phanpy around. So it looks like I will have to breed some Donphan to obtain its pre-evolution. I caught a whole bunch of Donphan, using Nest Balls for old time's sake, since they most resemble Safari Balls. I figure if I have to breed anyway, I can at least try to breed in some interesting moves or maybe a hidden ability...

"Donphan, the Armor Pokémon. Donphan curl their body into a ball, then charge at their foes while rolling at high speed. Once they start rolling, they can't stop very easily. Their Tackle could even destroy a house. Using their massive strength, they help clear rock and mud slides that block mountain trails."

186. Donphan

OffRoadSP

Years
  • March 17, 2016

I selected two Donphan and took them to the Pokémon Day Care on Route 117 near Mauville City. I gave one an Everstone to hold in hopes of getting a Phanpy with a special ability of Sand Veil. Instead, all this seemed to do was pass down the completely useless nature onto their offspring. I received three eggs from the Day Care, and hatched three healthy Phanpy! They can use Play Rough and Heavy Slam, which should help diversify their movesets a bit. They all had the ability Sturdy. Still, I am excited to train one, since I haven't caught one since I visited Johto a few years back! I sent the other Phanpy and Donphan to Brigette, I'll probably send them to some trainers on Wonder Trade Wednesday.

"Phanpy, the Long Nose Pokémon. Phanpy use their long nose to shower themselves. When others gather around, they thoroughly douse each other with water. They can be seen drying their soaking wet bodies at the edge of rivers. They build their nests here by digging vertical pits in the ground. They mark the area around their nests with their trunk to let others know that the area has been claimed."

187. Phanpy

March 21, 2016

I sent Sceptile to Professor Birch in order to make room for Phanpy on the team. I continued to explore as many areas of the Safari Zone as I could. Eventually, I came across a wild Girafarig, another Pokémon I haven't seen in several years! I immediately tossed a Nest Ball, and caught the first one I encountered.

"Girafarig, the Long Neck Pokémon. Girafarig have a rear head that contains a tiny brain, but it is small. The rear head attacks in response to smells and sounds. However, the rear head doesn't need to sleep, so it can keep watch over its surroundings 24 hours a day. Approaching them from behind can cause the rear head to suddenly lash out and bite."

188. Girafarig

I sent Blaziken to the professor so I could keep Girafarig with me. After finishing up at the Safari Zone, I continued along Route 121, training Phanpy and Girafarig as I traveled.

March 23, 2016

I picked up a Shiny Stone along Route 121. Then I finally reached it… Lilycove City! This large coastal city is a lot like Slateport City, except it opens up onto many of the water routes of the Hoenn region. It also contains the Lilycove Department Store, which contains just about any of the items a Pokémon trainer could need. And it will also be the site of my next Pokémon Contest with Skarmory!

I explored a bit of the city, and came across a huge fan of Lisia and Ali. He said he had something to give someone who also trained an Altaria. I stopped in the nearby Pokémon Center and made a quick call to Brigette. I took my Altaria from Kalos and showed the guy. He gave me a Mega Stone! Could Altaria be capable of Mega Evolution?

Shortly after that I ran into May. She was doing some shopping at the department store. She asked if I wanted to have a battle, so I gladly accepted!

"It's been quite a while, May," I said as my Milotic took the field.

"It sure has, and me and my Pokémon have been getting stronger and improving our contest combinations!" May responded, as she sent out her Swellow.

I had Milotic use Dragon Tail on her Pokémon. I continued to use it, forcing her Pokémon to repeatedly switch out, messing up any kind of battle rhythm she tried to get into. At one point, Milotic became poisoned after hitting her Breloom with Dragon Tail. That actually worked to our advantage, because we were able to knock out Swellow with Facade!

Next was my Girafarig versus her Wailord. Good thing we were near the ocean so Wailord had room to move! A few Zen Headbutts were all it took though for Girafarig to win the round.

"Let me show you what my partner Pokémon can do!" May exclaimed. "Blaziken, on stage!"

"If we're going with partner Pokémon, then here's mine!" I responded. "Skarmory, maximize!"

"We'll easily fry that steel-type!" May taunted.

"Except we also have an advantage against your fighting-type," I observed. "So I say that makes us even!"

"We'll see! Blaziken, use Blaze Kick!"

"Skarmory, deflect that with Air Cutter!"

Despite attempting to blow back its opponent, Skarmory still took the full brunt of the Blaze Kick, and got burned on top of it. But both attacks did significant damage, and thankfully Blaziken still had some damage from Milotic's Dragon Tail, so Skarmory held on while Blaziken was knocked out!

"I want to try something," I said, as I sent out Altaria and gave it the Mega Stone I just received.

"Ok, Breloom will be your opponent then!" Stated May.

I activated my Key Stone, and it looks like I suspected right. The Mega Stone was indeed Altarianite, and we got to witness Mega Altaria in battle! It grows a lot more cotton fluff to make it appear larger. Its attack and special attack get a large boost, and even its defense gets a small boost. Most interesting though is its type; Mega Altaria is still a dragon-type, but its secondary type switches to fairy-type! I find it quite intriguing that it completely changes its type from Swablu to Mega Altaria. I don't know if any other Pokémon evolutionary line shares that trait.

Mega Altaria
    Bag_Altarianite_Sprite.png

After our battle, I told May that I was going to enter the Lilycove Contest with Skarmory. She said she would help me train. I figured we'd enter a Cleverness contest, but the only Clever move it knows is Roost. So with May's help, we decided that Skarmory should temporarily learn Taunt to give it a second Clever move to use. I then entered a Normal Rank contest to get some practice in. Skarmory was able to execute a Spectacular Talent called Scientia Potentia Est. Hopefully it can pull that off in a master rank contest.

March 24, 2016

I entered a Super Rank contest to get some more practice in. Chaz was also in the contest, but Skarmory once again performed Scientia Potentia Est, and destroyed the other participants. Then we entered a Hyper Rank contest. I got to see a Mightyena pull off a cool Spectacular Talent called Moonbright Vision, but Skarmory did even better and pulled off Keen Skies not once, but twice! I think we're more than ready to enter the Master Rank Cleverness Contest!

So that afternoon, I entered the Master Rank contest, and Skarmory did exceptionally well. It showed off another Keen Skies talent, and we won the Cleverness Master Ribbon!

Cleverness_Master_Ribbon.png

It also looks like we earned a bunch more medals from our journey as well. I didn't realize that Girafarig was the last normal-type Pokémon I needed to catch in Hoenn!

E2-016-3 Fun Silver Flag Collector A Medal to commemorate 100 flags collected in other Trainers' Secret Bases. 03/24/2016
    E2-011-1 Fun Safari Zone 10 A Medal commemorating 10 encounters with Pokémon in the Safari Zone. 03/24/2016
    B2-002-2 Battle Link Battle Pioneer A Medal to praise the advanced competitive spirit of Trainers who had 10 Link Battles. 03/24/2016
    A2-029-1 Adventure Trash Master A Medal for curiosity seekers who checked trash cans even though they knew they were empty. 03/24/2016
    A2-006-1 Adventure Normal-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Normal-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 03/24/2016

1557680_10207811442356607_8364127947144526285_n.jpg

OffRoadSP

Years
  • March 30, 2016

I did some training with Skarmory in the evening. I wanted to work on its flying-type moves. Its Air Cutter attack just wasn't packing enough of a punch. It needs a more physical move to work better with its strengths. So I had Skarmory practice picking up a Poké Doll, flying high into the air with it, then bring it crashing down to the ground. After a little while, it had perfected using the move Sky Drop!

I continued to work with Skarmory to enter more Pokémon contests. Today, we entered every rank of Toughness Contests. Using a combination of Torment (which it temporarily learned) and Sky Drop, we were able to win every rank, and Skarmory earned the Toughness Master Ribbon! After the Master Rank contest, Chaz had told me that Lisia was off training with Ali, and that I would have to face her in the Grand Festival if I were to win one more contest ribbon.

Toughness_Master_Ribbon.png

April 2, 2016

I feel like it's been forever, but it's time to press on in Hoenn! There's very little of the mainland left to explore before I head towards the many island towns of the region. I Surfed down Route 122, passing Mt Pyre for the moment, and reached Route 123. There were plenty of trainers there to battle, giving Team Ruby some good experience. One of the Ace Trainers I battled used a Ninetales, which I haven't seen in a long time!

"Ninetales, the Fox Pokémon. Ninetales came into being when nine wizards possessing sacred powers merged into one, according to legend. They are highly intelligent and cast a sinister light from their bright red eyes to gain total control over their foes' minds. They are said to live for a thousand years."

I eventually reached a small fishing shack along the route called 123 Go Fish. The owner of the shack had a Poochyena named Chomper who was very friendly. I bent down to pet it, and saw it was holding something in its mouth. I placed the item in front of me. It was a Mega Stone! The owner saw that I had a Key Stone, so he said I could keep it. After thanking him, I left 123 Go Fish and visited the nearby Berry Master's house. He let me help myself to his berry garden, where I obtained some berries I hadn't received yet. Then I continued heading west, across Route 118 and into Mauville City.

It was a nice day, so I decided to do some training with my Skarmory in the courtyard near the Pokémon Center. We practiced some of its contest combinations. Ritzy Ribbon was nearby, so Skarmory was able to get another ribbon, the Royal Ribbon!

Royal_Ribbon.png

When I finally returned to Lilycove City, I contacted Professor Sycamore to show him the Mega Stone I received. When he saw it, he said it looked like the Mega Stone they discovered in Couriway Town in Kalos. Apparently, it was Gyaradosite! So I contacted Brigette and had her send me my Gyarados from Kalos, and gave it the Gyaradosite. I activated the Key Stone and got to check out Mega Gyarados! It had huge side fins, and looked much more viscous. Its attack and defenses get a boost upon mega evolution, and it also changes its secondary type. Instead of water/flying, Mega Gyarados is a water/dark-type! That will make its Crunch attack hit significantly harder.

Mega Gyarados
    Bag_Gyaradosite_Sprite.png

April 3, 2016

Shortly after midnight, I decided I would explore Mt Pyre. I sent Shiftry to Professor Birch so I could Surf to Mt Pyre on Sharpedo. When I arrived at the depressing Mt Pyre, which contains memorials to Pokémon who have passed on, it did not take long to run into a wild Pokémon. The first Pokémon I encountered was a Duskull! I had my Beautifly use Stun Spore to paralyze it. I felt a Dusk Ball was appropriate to use here, so I tossed one at it, and caught the Duskull!

189. Duskull

Since I caught a new Pokémon, I figured I would give all my Pokémon a rest for the night. I sent Beautifly to Professor Birch so I could keep Duskull with me. One last point of interest that happened before I turned in. I stopped by my Super-Secret Base on Fiery Path, as I have often done over the last few weeks, and one of the visitors to my base gave me something interesting. It was a berry I had never seen before. Apparently it's called a Maranga Berry, and can boost a Pokémon's special defense if it's hit by a special attack. I've been growing berries as part of my daily circuit visiting other trainers' Secret Bases, so I'll be sure to plant it so I can grow some more.

Later that afternoon, I went back to Mt Pyre. Despite being a large burial structure, there were plenty of trainers there willing to battle. And the wild Duskull and Shuppet that lived there made good opponents for my new Duskull to practice battling. I soon made it to the top floor of the structure, where I saw something glowing off in the corner. It was a Mega Stone! I'm finding many more in Hoenn than I did in Kalos. I then exited the building from one of the upper floors, which brought me to the summit of Mt Pyre. I was not the only one up here though… Team Magma was here too! That's right, isn't Mt Pyre where the Red and Blue Orbs are kept? I battled a few grunts, and then reached Maxie and Courtney, but it appeared Maxie was holding the Red Orb! Courtney sent out her Camerupt to battle me to keep me busy while Maxie made off with the Red Orb. My Milotic easily defeated Camerupt, but I was too late to catch Maxie. Team Magma had the Red Orb. And what was doubly concerning was that the Blue Orb was already missing as well!

As I turned to leave the summit, I saw something glowing behind a stone wall. I walked over and picked up another Mega Stone! I'll have to see if Professor Sycamore can identify these.

April 4, 2016

I showed Professor Sycamore the two Mega Stones I found at Mt Pyre. He said he did recognize both of them. The one I found on the top floor of the burial chambers matched the one that was discovered near the well in Laverre City, and it was Medichamite. The one I found on the summit matched the one that was discovered in a cave along Détourner Way in Kalos, and turned out to be Banettite. So, as expected, I asked Brigette to send me my Medicham and Banette. I gave them each the respective Mega Stone, and stepped out to Route 221 to battle. First I checked out Mega Medicham. All its stats get a boost, but its attack stat raises the most. Combined with its ability of Pure Power, which doesn't change, that really makes physical attacks a force to be reckoned with. Next up was Mega Banette. Similarly, Banette's attack power increases the most when it mega evolves. Its ability becomes Prankster, which allows non-direct attacks to hit first, which helps this otherwise slow Pokémon in battle.

Mega Medicham
    Bag_Medichamite_Sprite.png

Mega Banette
    Bag_Banettite_Sprite.png

With the Red Orb in the hands of Team Magma and the Blue Orb missing, I decided I should investigate Hoenn to try to get the orbs back. I returned to the Pokémon Center and gave Team Ruby a rest. I decided to take Team Sapphire with me, so I contacted Professor Birch and had Marshtomp, Metang, Shroomish, Cacnea, Castform, and Tropius transferred to me. Most of that group still needs to evolve, so I started my circuit around Hoenn, re-battling as many trainers as possible.

April 6, 2016

I've been trying to diligently collect flags from other people's Super-Secret Bases, in an effort to increase my rank with the Secret Base guild. Both my bases have earned Silver Rank now, and I'm fast approaching Gold Rank. If I hit Platinum Rank, Aarune said I would be rewarded with something he's discovered in his travels!

April 7, 2016

One of my Secret Base visitors gave me a berry I never saw before. This one was called a Kee Berry. Much like the Maranga Berry I've been growing, a Pokémon who eats a Kee Berry will increase its defense if it is hit by a physical attack.

April 10, 2016

I entered the Safari Zone, intent on adding a new Pokémon to Team Sapphire. I found an area with some wild Xatu, and decided to catch a few. Then I took two of them to the Pokémon Day Care, and soon obtained a handful of eggs. They all hatched into healthy Natu, and all of them could use Steel Wing and Feather Dance! I kept the first one that hatched on the team, sending Tropius back to Professor Birch in exchange.

"Natu, the Little Bird Pokémon. Natu have a highly developed jumping ability but cannot fly because their wings are not yet fully grown. They flap and leap onto tree branches that are taller than grown-up people to pick at the tree's new shoots. If your eyes meet with their eyes, they will stare back intently at you. But if you move even slightly, they will hop away to safety."

190. Xatu

191. Natu

I did some training with my new Natu and the rest of team Sapphire along Route 121, and after a trainer battle against a Manectric, my Marshtomp evolved into Swampert!

"Swampert, the Mud Fish Pokémon, and the evolved form of Marshtomp. Swampert have powerful vision that lets them see even in murky water. They can predict storms by sensing subtle differences in the sounds of waves and tidal winds with their fins. If a storm is approaching, they pile up boulders to protect themselves. They are very strong and have enough power to easily drag a boulder weighing more than a ton."

192. Swampert

OffRoadSP

Years
  • April 11, 2016

Now that I had a Swampert, I was able to give it the Swampertite that I had received. I had it mega evolve during a battle I was having in Lilycove City. Mega Swampert pretty much looks like Swampert on steroids. Its arms become massive, giving it an obvious boost to its physical attacks such as Hammer Arm. Its ability changes to Swift Swim, giving this otherwise slow Pokémon a little speed boost if it's raining. Additionally, I added another Pokémon to the obtained list, because after the same trainer battle my Cacnea evolved into Cacturne!

Mega Swampert
    Bag_Swampertite_Sprite.png

193. Cacturne

I went down to Route 123 to continue training my team. After a double battle where my Metang and Shroomish defeated a Beautifly and Dustox, my Shroomish finally evolved into Breloom!

194. Breloom

April 12, 2016

I did some training with my team in nearby Mt Pyre. After battling some trainers there, my Metang evolved into Metagross!

"Metagross, the Iron Leg Pokémon, and the evolved form of Metang. Metagross are the result of two Metang achieving fusion. They have four brains in total. Combined, the four brains can breeze through difficult calculations faster than a supercomputer. They can float in the air by tucking in their four legs. When hunting, they pin the prey to the ground under their massive body, then eat the helpless victims using the large mouth on their stomach."

195. Metagross

I then gave Metagross the Metagrossite I was given. In the next battle, I activated my Key Stone and saw Mega Metagross! It gains four additional huge, clawed legs, and gains the appropriate ability of Tough Claws. All its moves make physical contact, so this is highly useful!

Mega Metagross
    Bag_Metagrossite_Sprite.png

I then climbed to the summit of Mt Pyre, which was my original intended destination. I remember many, many years ago spending quite a lot of time here searching for a Vulpix, since wild Vulpix live atop this mountain. This time, I have the help of the PokéNav, and found a few wild Vulpix! It took a little while, but I eventually found a male one, and caught it to add to Team Sapphire!

"Vulpix, the Fox Pokémon. Vulpix have one white tail at the time of their birth. This tail separates into six if they receive plenty of love from their trainers. The six tails become magnificently curled. Inside their body burns a flame that never goes out. During the daytime, when the temperatures rise, they release flames from their mouth to prevent their body from growing too hot."

196. Vulpix

Back at the Pokémon Center, I transferred Metagross to the professor so I could keep Vulpix with me.

April 14, 2016

I did some searching around Lilycove City, and managed to find Team Aqua's base in a cave off the coast. Having two grass-type Pokémon with me helped, as Breloom and Cacturne were able to handle any water-type Pokémon the grunts there used. And I had Mega Swampert to handle any that they couldn't. My Natu got a few chances to battle as well, and it evolved into Xatu!

As I explored the base, I discovered a lot more of what was going on. Apparently, they were studying what Lysandre and Team Flare did with the Ultimate Weapon in Kalos. They wanted to build a device that harnessed energy similar to that to break the seal where the legendary Pokémon of Kalos reside. Then they want to harness this natural energy to induce a type of transformation similar to mega evolution to power up Kyogre in order to bring the world back to its primordial state. This transformation is called Primal Reversion, and it differs from mega evolution because it does not require a bond with a trainer nor a Key Stone. Apparently, the Blue Orb is what can trigger this Primal Reversion. So Team Aqua does have the Blue Orb from Mt Pyre. Another interesting discovery I made was finding a picture of Archie with the mythical Pokémon Jirachi! Did Jirachi grant his wish, I wonder?

I eventually made my way to Team Aqua's submarine, where I saw Archie board it and submerse it in the water. Team Aqua Admin Matt battled me with his Sharpedo, but my Breloom easily defeated it. Still, it bought Archie the time to get away in the submarine. If I am to pursue, I would need a submarine as well, and the only place I know to get one is Slateport City. So that will be my next stop.

Back at the Pokémon Center in Lilycove City, I gave Team Sapphire a well-deserved rest, and found out that I had earned a bunch more medals over the last several weeks!

E2-016-4 Fun Gold Flag Collector A Medal to commemorate 500 flags collected in other Trainers' Secret Bases. 04/14/2016
    E2-016-3 Fun Silver Flag Collector A Medal to commemorate 100 flags collected in other Trainers' Secret Bases. 04/14/2016
    E2-011-1 Fun Safari Zone 10 A Medal commemorating 10 encounters with Pokémon in the Safari Zone. 04/14/2016
    E2-001-3 Fun Frequent Trader A Medal to commemorate the valuable experience of trading Pokémon 50 times by Link Trade. 04/14/2016
    B2-005-1 Battle Noneffective Artist A consolation Medal for Trainers who made the cute mistake of using noneffective moves. 04/14/2016
    A2-040-1 Adventure Day-Care Faithful A Medal for those who love to raise Pokémon and left many Pokémon in Pokémon Day Care. 04/14/2016
    A2-039-2 Adventure Egg Breeder A Medal to prove the decent parental instincts of people who hatched 10 Pokémon Eggs. 04/14/2016
    A2-027-2 Adventure Evolution Tech A Medal for skilled Trainers who evolved Pokémon 10 times and are recognized even by Pokémon Breeders. 04/14/2016
    A2-022-1 Adventure Steel-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Steel-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 04/14/2016
    A2-021-1 Adventure Dark-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Dark-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 04/14/2016
    A2-016-1 Adventure Psychic-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Psychic-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 04/14/2016
    A2-012-1 Adventure Fighting-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Fighting-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 04/14/2016
    A2-006-1 Adventure Normal-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Normal-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 04/14/2016
    A2-028-1 Adventure Ace Pilot A Medal for those who flew all over the Hoenn sky using Fly. 03/16/2016
    A2-013-1 Adventure Poison-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Poison-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 03/16/2016

I contacted Professor Birch and had Team Ruby sent to me. I selected Skarmory, Blaziken, Muk, Lileep, Phanpy, and Duskull to take with me to Slateport City. When I arrived at the harbor, I found Captain Stern at the shipyard. He said that he is planning an expedition across Hoenn to investigate strange energy anomalies that have cropped up across the region. He has been working on a submarine for that purpose, but he's not quite finished yet.

While I wait, I figured I would train with Skarmory for our next Pokémon Contest. The last category we need a ribbon for is Cuteness, which is my Skarmory's least favorite. Still, we decided to work on a new move combination for that category. Rest followed by Sleep Talk should gain it some appeal with the judges. So we entered the contest hall to practice, and Skarmory cleared the Normal, Super, and Hyper Ranks with flying colors. It even performed a new Spectacular Talent called Amor Vincit Omnia a few times for a ton of points. I think we'll be ready for the Master Rank and our fifth Hoenn contest ribbon this weekend!

April 18, 2016

I finally entered the Master Rank Cuteness Contest with my Skarmory! I was not alone; Chaz was also entering with his Macherie. The winner of this contest would be able to face Lisia in the Grand Festival later today! In the contest, Skarmory did very well showing off its combination of Rest and Sleep Talk. A Luvdisc in the contest stole the spotlight for a while when it performed a Spectacular talent called Pattering Blessed Rain, but Macherie responded by performing Charming Onslaught, which I did have to admit looked impressive. Luckily, in the final round, Skarmory appealed with Amor Vincit Omnia, and won the contest! That earned it the Cuteness Master Ribbon.

Cuteness_Master_Ribbon.png

After the contest, Lisia and Ali stopped to congratulate Skarmory and me, and to say how much she looks forward to challenging me to a contest later! So I took Skarmory out for some training. We practiced all of its moves. It's become pretty good at using Steel Wing and Sky Drop, so we worked a lot on two other moves. It learned Flash once again, and we also worked on a new move, Swords Dance! I think we're ready to take on Lisia!

In the opening round of the Grand Festival, all the entrants received very close to the same number of points. I'm used to Skarmory pulled far ahead. In the second round, Skarmory used a combination of Swords Dance and Flash to score as many points with the audience as possible. A Vileplume that was entered performed an early Spectacular Talent called Venin Quartet BT, but Lisia's Ali outperformed that by leaps and bounds. I was shocked when Ali suddenly mega evolved on stage, and performed Elegant Outing, scoring more points than I ever saw scored in a single round. I didn't want any other performers to pull off more Spectacular Talents, so I had Skarmory use Sky Drop, which kept the audience from becoming too excited. In the end, when the points were tallied, I became worried as I watched the meters of Skarmory and Ali fill up… until Ali's stopped just short of Skarmory's! Skarmory defeated Ali in the Grand Festival! Skarmory is now Hoenn's newest Contest Star. I received a ribbon seal for Skarmory's Poké Ball, so it can make an even flashier entrance when I send it out. It also received the Contest Star Ribbon!

Contest_Star_Ribbon.png

After the contest, Lisia was not the only one there to congratulate me. Chaz also gave me some praise, and gave me something he found one day when he was out training with Macherie. It was a Mega Stone, and this time it was one that I recognized, Lucarionite! Chaz stated that he was going to work on some toughness training with Macherie. Out of the blue, Brawly showed up, and said that he was going to help Chaz and Macherie with their toughness. Makes sense, since Brawly is an expert fighting-type trainer!

Bag_Lucarionite_Sprite.png

I treated Skarmory to some Poké Puffs, and let it relax a bit at the Pokémon Center. I also checked to see how many more medals Team Ruby has earned, since I figured I earned some new ones from our contest victories!

E2-016-4 Fun Gold Flag Collector A Medal to commemorate 500 flags collected in other Trainers' Secret Bases. 04/18/2016
    E2-015-1 Fun Master Contest Star A Medal commemorating the Trainer's victory in all Master Rank Contest Spectaculars. 04/18/2016
    E2-014-3 Fun Super Contest Star A Medal commemorating 30 entries in Contest Spectaculars. 04/18/2016
    E2-001-3 Fun Frequent Trader A Medal to commemorate the valuable experience of trading Pokémon 50 times by Link Trade. 04/18/2016
    A2-022-1 Adventure Steel-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Steel-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 04/18/2016
    A2-021-1 Adventure Dark-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Dark-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 04/18/2016
    A2-016-1 Adventure Psychic-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Psychic-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 04/18/2016
    A2-012-1 Adventure Fighting-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Fighting-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 04/18/2016

Captain Stern contacted me and said he was done with the submarine he was working on. So I stopped over the shipyard, but I was not the only one visiting. Team Magma was there as well! Maxie was there with Admin Tabitha, and they were boarding the sub. Tabitha ordered a pair of grunts to battle me while he and Maxie submerged in the stolen vehicle. I sent out Phanpy to battle the first grunt's Mightyena, and after a close battle, it evolved into Donphan!

Donphan made quick work of the second grunt's Numel with a powerful Bulldoze, and then I had Mega Blaziken Blaze Kick the grunt's Golbat. Though defeated quickly, Maxie and Tabitha had a head start. Luckily, Captain Stern had a ship that we could follow them in, so we pursued them back to Team Magma's headquarters!

Donphan was my lead Pokémon battling the grunts in the hideout. As I progressed, I learned that Team Magma was similarly trying to cause Primal Reversion on Groudon just as Team Aqua is trying to do with Kyogre. They're calling it Project AZOTH. I also found a storage room where two Electrode were guarding a Master Ball. Good thing I had Donphan with me! I can put this Master Ball to much more benevolent use than Team Magma.

I eventually found Magma Admin Courtney, who battled me with her Camerupt. After easily defeating her, she said, in her monotone computer-like lingo, that Maxie had already left to break the seal on the legendary Pokémon.

With nothing left to do at the Magma Hideout, I brought my Pokémon to the Pokémon Center for a brief rest, and then decided to head out to visit the seaside areas of Hoenn. I left Lilycove city and went east onto the water route of Route 124. I found some swimming siblings who challenged me to a double battle. After I easily won the match, my Duskull evolved into Dusclops, and my Lileep evolved into Cradily!

"Dusclops, the Beckon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Duskull. Dusclops absorb anything, however large the objects may be. Their bodies are completely hollow, and are said to be like a black hole. They hypnotize their foes by waving their hands in a macabre manner and by bringing their single eye to bear. The hypnotized foes are made to do their bidding."

"Cradily, the Barnacle Pokémon, and the evolved form of Lileep. Cradily roam around the ocean floor in search of food. Their body serves as anchor, preventing them from being washed away in rough seas. They freely extend their tree trunk-like neck and capture unwary prey using their eight tentacles. They secrete a strong digestive fluid from their tentacles."

197. Dusclops

198. Cradily

I continued battling trainers along the way, and one of them had a Sealeo!

"Sealeo, the Ball Roll Pokémon, and the evolved form of Spheal. Sealeo have the habit of always juggling on the tip of their nose anything they see for the first time. While they are balancing and rolling something, they check the object's aroma and texture to determine whether they like the object or not. They occasionally entertain themselves by balancing and rolling Spheal on their noses."

I then reached Mossdeep City.

April 19, 2016

I spent a little bit of time exploring the city, including the awesome Space Center where rockets are launched into space. Overall though, not much has changed since my last visit here years ago. So I decided to think about challenging the Mossdeep Gym. I already knew which two Pokémon I was going to use against sibling gym leaders Liza and Tate. So I entered the gym to practice battling against the psychic-type trainers there.

Mossdeep Gym Challenge
    Vs Liza & Tate

"I see you two are still gym leaders here," I said to the twins that I would be facing. "But this isn't the only psychic-type gym I've been up against. Nor is it the only gym with siblings as gym leaders."

"Well then," started Liza.

"Let's see how good you've become!" finished Tate.

"This gym battle will be in double battle format," the judge stated. "Each side will send out two Pokémon and make no substitutions. The battle will be over when both of either side's Pokémon are knocked out."

"Lunatone, let's go!" Liza called out.

"Solrock, come on out!" Tate also presented his Pokémon.

"I figured that wouldn't change," I commented as I held a Poké Ball in one hand and a Dusk Ball in the other. "Skarmory, Dusclops, maximize!"

My strategy was a simple one. Both of the opposing Pokémon are rock and psychic-type. Steel is super effective against rock, and ghost is super effective against psychic. And both my Pokémon were quite defensive (though several levels lower). The drawback is, both my Pokémon are also rather slow.

Tate made the first move. "Solrock, use Sunny Day!"

As the sunlight filled the gym, Liza gave her command as well. "Lunatone, use Light Screen!"

"They're setting up to control the battlefield, so let's do some setting up of our own," I said to my Pokémon. "Skarmory, use Swords Dance! And Dusclops, use Will-O-Wisp!"

Solrock may have filled the gym with sunlight, but it also was struck with a burn from the Will-O-Wisp. (Although there's a part of me that finds it ironic that what is essentially a sun can actually be burned.) Lunatone put up a shield against special attacks, while my Skarmory increased its physical attacks.

"Solrock, hang in there!" yelled Tate. "Fire a Solar Beam at Dusclops!"

There was no delay in firing the move due to the sunlight, but Dusclops barely felt it thanks to its high special defense. The Eviolite it was holding probably didn't hurt either.

"Lunatone, use Hypnosis on Skarmory!" Lunatone's eyes began to glow after hearing the command.

"Dodge, Skarmory, and use Steel Wing!" Skarmory nimbly flew out of the path of the Hypnosis, and then struck a critical, super-effective hit on Lunatone!

"Good job!" Then I turned to Dusclops. "Ok, Dusclops, use Hex on Solrock!"

Dusclops blasted Solrock with ghost-type energy, and due to the burn, it was extra effective, and Solrock fell from the air, landing next to the fallen Lunatone.

The judge looked over, quite shocked. After a moment's hesitation, she raised her arm. "Lunatone and Solrock are unable to battle. The winner of this Mossdeep gym battle is Steve and his Pokémon!"

"Well done, you two!" I congratulated both my Pokémon. Then I walked over to Liza and Tate. They were disappointed at the quick battle, but handed over the gym badge regardless. I've earned my seventh Hoenn gym badge, the Mind Badge!

75px-Mind_Badge.png

April 20, 2016

I gave Team Ruby a rest and switched to Team Sapphire, taking Xatu, Vulpix, Dustox, Weezing, Tropius, and Swampert with me. I ran into Steven Stone, who I had forgotten has a house here in Mossdeep City. He said that he was helping to search for Team Aqua and Team Magma by investigating any energy anomalies that are detected in the seas around Hoenn. He gave me Devon Scuba Gear in case I wanted to help. He asked if I could explore the area around Sea Mauville, since there is strange energy coming from that structure, and legendary Pokémon have been rumored to appear there.

April 21, 2016

I had Swampert Dive underwater on Route 107. I forgot how cool it was being able to Dive and explore the depths with Pokémon. I saw wild Clamperl, Chinchou, Lanturn, and Relicanth among the seaweed. I also discovered something interesting tangled in the seaweed. It was a Flame Plate, one of Arceus's plates! Could the mythical Arceus have appeared in the Hoenn region? I then boarded Sea Mauville, donated to the preserve, and dove down into the ruined depths of the structure. I found bits and pieces of what happened, but a lot of it was still a puzzle. Apparently, Professor Cozmo's father worked here, and they were experimenting with some type of energy. I think one document even mentioned something about a Porygon. I eventually made my was into the storage hold of the ship, where I saw an odd encounter with an old man crying over finding a lost stuffed animal. The man and his nephew soon left, and said I could help myself to whatever was in the hold. There were a bunch of Nuggets and Big Nuggets lying around, but there was also something glowing among the crates. It was a Mega Stone!

I left Sea Mauville and returned to Mossdeep City. I still wanted to work on completing my Hoenn Pokédex, so I knew there was one more place I had to explore to accomplish that. Before that, something glowing grabbed my attention in the direction of Route 124. I dove underwater to reach some hidden coves to see what I could find. Underwater, I found another Arceus Plate, this time the Sky Plate. Then, on one of the small islands, I found what was glowing: a Mega Stone! But this was a Mega Stone I knew about; it was Pinsirite!

Bag_Pinsirite_Sprite.png

April 27, 2016

After taking a break for a few days to attend a local tabletop gaming convention, it was time to get back to training. I went to Route 125 north of Mossdeep City, and battled some trainers there. Then I started to explore nearby Shoal Cave. I vaguely remember this cave; the tides significantly affect how much of the cave can be explored. There's an ice cavern deep in the caves, where the region's ice-type Pokémon make their habitat. Unfortunately, by the time I started exploring it in the evening, the tides rose, so I only got to explore the upper levels. The wild Spheal, Sealeo, and Golbat made good opponents to train my team of Pokémon.

April 28, 2016

I woke up early and couldn't fall back to sleep, so I decided to check out Shoal Cave in the early morning while it was low tide. As I explored and continued to battle wild Pokémon, I decided to catch a wild Spheal. I had Vulpix use Flamethrower on it, but it didn't do much damage. It must have the ability Thick Fat. The Spheal used Rest, which was a perfect opportunity for Vulpix to use its Hex attack. After that, I tossed a Poké Ball, and caught it with a critical capture!

199. Spheal

After that, I ran into a wild Snorunt! There are a few that wander outside of Frost Cavern it seems.

"Snorunt, the Snow Hat Pokémon. Snorunt live in regions with heavy snowfall. In seasons without snow, they steal away to live quietly among stalactites and stalagmites deep in caverns. They survive by eating only ice and snow. Old folklore claims that a house visited by this Pokémon is sure to prosper for many generations to come."

I eventually made my way down into Frost Cavern. My Vulpix was going to get some good training in down here. I gave it a Fire Stone, and it evolved into Ninetales!

200. Ninetales

As I explored the slippery cavern, I discovered a frozen Mega Stone among the ice! I pocketed it to show to Professor Sycamore later. I then noticed the PokéNav would not respond in the cavern. I wonder if the cold was too much for it? I didn't really need it I suppose, as there are a lot of wild Snorunt around. I soon encountered a female one, and immediately threw a Poké Ball. It was a critical capture, so I caught a Snorunt!

201. Snorunt

I exited Shoal Cave, and finished exploring and battling trainers on Route 125, then returned to Mossdeep City. My Spheal and Snorunt would stay with Professor Birch for now while I train the rest of Team Sapphire.

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
  • May 3, 2016

It's been a busy week, but I'm squeezing in a little time for some Hoenn exploration today. I finished exploring Shoal Cave at high tide. Then I found a guy who was looking for a bunch of Shoal Shells and Shoal Salts. I gave him the shells and salt that I found in the cave at high tide and low tide respectively, and in exchange he gave me a Shell Bell, and a Mega Stone! He said he found it while exploring, but has no use for it.

I then decided to move on and explore Route 126 next. I battled trainers along the way, and explored the depths for more items. I found a bunch of stuff, including the Mind Plate. I also found a Secret Islet with a tree that would make a great Super Secret Base. I then dove underneath a huge crater, which I knew would lead to Sootopolis City.

Not much has changed in Sootopolis City since my last visit a decade ago. Although I did hear that someone had taken over for Gym Leader Wallace after I challenged him years ago, it appears that Wallace is once again the official gym leader here. The gym itself is on a small island in the middle of the city. And the Cave of Origin, where life in the Hoenn region is said to originate, is still guarded north of the gym. One notable new observation is that between the gym and the Cave of Origin grows a large tree. Not far from this tree, I stumbled upon yet another Mega Stone!

After briefly resting at the Pokémon Center, I left Sootopolis City and headed over to Route 127 next. I battled more trainers, and on one of the beaches, I discovered yet another Mega Stone. This one I recognized as Hercronite! I then dove under the route, and found a Dread Plate, Spooky Plate, and Insect Plate. From there, I moved on to Route 128 underwater, and discovered a Pixie Plate, Stone Plate, and Draco Plate. I also found another item related to a legendary Pokémon, an Adamant Orb! Has Dialga visited the Hoenn region as well?

After battling trainers along the route, I returned to the Pokémon Center in Mossdeep City, and decided to give Team Sapphire a little rest.

May 4, 2016

I switched to Team Ruby and had Blaziken, Beautifly, Slaking, Donphan, Skarmory, and Sharpedo sent to me.

I visited Aarune in Fortree City. My several weeks of collecting flags has paid off, because not only did he award me Platinum Rank, but he also gave me a Mega Stone he discovered in his search for Secret Base spots! He says it doesn't work on his Flygon, so he has no need for it.

May 5, 2016

I trained a little bit in Shoal Cave, and caught another Snorunt, but this one would be part of Team Ruby. It also has a rare ability for a Snorunt, Moody, which increases one stat a lot and decreases another stat a little every round of battle. It's random, but seems like it will be fun to try out.

May 6, 2016

I checked in for any new medals I received…

A2-045-1 Adventure Hoenn Certified Diver A Medal for Trainers who have dived below Hoenn's oceans more than 10 times. 05/06/2016
    E2-016-5 Fun Platinum Flag Collector A Medal to commemorate 1,000 flags collected in other Trainers' Secret Bases. 05/04/2016
    A2-018-1 Adventure Rock-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Rock-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/04/2016
    A2-010-1 Adventure Grass-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Grass-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/04/2016

May 9, 2016

Professor Sycamore got back to me regarding one of the Mega Stones I found. The one that Aarune gave me turned out to be Garchompite, like the one that was discovered on Victory Road in Kalos. The other Mega Stones don't match any found in Kalos, so he is working with Brigette to see what Pokémon they react to.

Meanwhile, I had Brigette send me my Garchomp, and had it mega evolve into Mega Garchomp! Its attack and special attack go way up, though it loses a bit of speed. Still, with a special ability of Sand Force, it makes it extremely powerful in a Sandstorm!

Mega Garchomp
    Bag_Garchompite_Sprite.png

May 10, 2016

A few more Mega Stones were identified. I had the corresponding Pokémon sent to me to test them out. First up was Sablenite that I found in Sootopolis City. Mega Sableye gains a huge gem which acts as a shield. This nearly doubles all of its defenses, but makes it as slow as a Slugma. Its ability of Magic Bounce does help a bit by reflecting non-direct attacks back at its opponent.

Mega Sableye
    Bag_Sablenite_Sprite.png

Next was the Mega Stone I found in the cargo storage of Sea Mauville. It was apparently Beedrillite! I couldn't wait to see this one. When it became Mega Beedrill, it gained extra stingers, and a huge boost in its physical attack and speed. Its special attack drops, but what Beedrill relies on that? And with its ability of Adaptability, its bug and poison-type moves could be deadly!

Mega Beedrill
    Bag_Beedrillite_Sprite.png

Finally, the Mega Stone I received from the man in Shoal Cave turned out to be Slowbronite! Mega Slowbro turned out to be a little comical. It wears the shell from its tail like armor, and it watches its back… literally. This also protects Mega Slowbro from all critical hits, and boosts its physical defense. It also gains a small boost in special attack.

Mega Slowbro
    Bag_Slowbronite_Sprite.png

That leaves the Mega Stone I found in icy room deep in Shoal Cave. It did not react to any Pokémon that Brigette was caring for. So I'll have to hold on to that one for a while.

While I was at the Pokémon Center in Sootopolis City waiting for Nurse Joy to finish treating my Pokémon, I saw a news report on TV. The report was from a region called the Alola region, and there were some Pokémon I never saw before! It was the starter Pokémon from the region: Rowlet, the Grass Quill Pokémon; Litten, the Fire Cat Pokémon; and Popplio, the Sea Lion Pokémon! They all look adorable! I think I know my next destination after finishing up in Hoenn. I'm going to the Alola region!

I collected my Poké Balls from Nurse Joy, and then moved on to Route 129. I suddenly have renewed incentive to finish my Hoenn journey a bit quicker! Team Ruby battled trainers, and we explored the depths for more treasures. I found a Lustrous Orb, the orb associated with the legendary Pokémon Palkia from the Sinnoh region. I also found a Splash Plate, Zap Plate, and Toxic Plate. I also found a Secret Shore, where there were plenty of spots to create Secret Bases. West of that was Route 130, which was more of the same. I found a Griseous Orb, the orb associated with Giratina from the Distortion World. I also found a Fist Plate, Earth Plate, Meadow Plate, and Icicle Plate. I remember rumors of a place called Mirage Island, which I personally never saw last time I was here. But this time I did find a Secret Meadow, where more spots for Secret Bases were located. I then continued to Route 131. There wasn't much on this route except a few trainers to battle. Sky Pillar towered high into the sky just north of the route. Finally, I reached Pacifidlog Town, where I rested at the Pokémon Center for the night.

I checked the Plates I've collected, and it looks like I've found all 16 of them… no wait. With the Pixie Plate, there are 17 now. I'm missing the Iron Plate. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Other than that, I seem to have found all the items associated with the legendary Pokémon from the Sinnoh region in Hoenn's depths.

May 11, 2016

I explored the small town of Pacifidlog. There wasn't much to discover here, but I've always liked the look of the town, since it is said that it is built atop a colony of Corsola. There was a man talking about islands that he swears he saw one day and disappeared the next. Could he be talking about Mirage Island? Either way, I left towards the west onto Route 132.

Oh yeah. Routes 132, 133, and 134. I forgot how annoying this stretch of water was. As if the number of water routes in Hoenn wasn't enough, these routes have a strong current that prevent you from traveling eastward. This makes a thorough exploration of the routes difficult.

I did eventually make my way through the current and arrived back in Slateport City. Before returning to Pacifidlog Town and following a different path through the currents, I stopped by Mauville City. I entered Skarmory in an extremely expensive contest to show off its moves. Though I went nearly broke, it did earn a Gorgeous Royal Ribbon, making it Skarmory's 11th ribbon!

Gorgeous_Royal_Ribbon.png

I also earned a new medal for having quite a lot of battles in the Hoenn region!

B2-001-4 Battle Battle Virtuoso A Medal for peerlessly courageous Trainers who went through 2,000 battles. 05/10/2016

OffRoadSP

Years
  • I continued to explore the last few Hoenn routes thoroughly, and then had Brigette send me my Relicanth and Wailord from Kalos. I Dove under Route 134 and found the Sealed Chamber just like I did a decade ago. I sent out Relicanth and Wailord, and immediately, the earth shook. I knew that causing that earthquake from this chamber would open the caves where Regirock, Regice, and Registeel were sealed. Granted, I have the three special ones that Brigette discovered, but I still wanted to unlock them while I was here in Hoenn.

I returned to Sootopolis City, and decided to give Team Ruby a rest. I brought back out Team Sapphire, selecting Swampert, Snorunt, Spheal, Armaldo, Camerupt, and Castform to have sent to me from Professor Birch's lab. I did some training on the water, and when we reached Route 129, my Spheal evolved into Sealeo!

202. Sealeo

May 15, 2016

After reaching Pacifidlog Town, I decided it was time for my Snorunt to evolve. I was very lucky and received a Dawn Stone from one of my pals in my Secret Base, since Dawn Stones aren't naturally found in the Hoenn region. I gave it my female Snorunt, and it evolved into the very unique Pokémon, Froslass! I remember that this Pokémon was not yet discovered during my first tour of Hoenn.

"Froslass, the Snow Land Pokémon, and an evolved form of Snorunt. Froslass freeze foes with an icy breath nearly -60 degrees Fahrenheit. What seems to be their body is actually hollow. Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."

203. Froslass

May 16, 2016

After reaching Slateport City with Team Sapphire, I switched back to Team Ruby before hunting down some legendary Pokémon. I had Skarmory, Snorunt, Muk, Claydol, Cradily, and Dusclops sent to me.

With Skarmory's help, I was able to catch the legendary trio of the Hoenn region. First I visited the Desert Ruins on Route 111, and awoke Regirock. Skarmory used Steel Wing to weaken it, and I caught it without too much trouble. Then it was off to the Island Cave on Route 105, where Regice was sealed. Steel Wing was too powerful for it, but Skarmory has been working on a new move, and so it used Rock Slide to weaken the Iceberg Pokémon. After a lot of Ultra Balls, I finally caught it. Last was Registeel, in the Ancient Tomb on Route 120. This was the toughest battle of all of them. I had Skarmory us Swords Dance to power up its attack, then had it attack with a flurry of Steel Wing attacks. It took a lot of tries, but I did manage to catch it. After that, I returned to Sootopolis City.

Before moving on, I pulled out my bag that contained all the items I had found in the Kalos region. After a bit of digging, I found what I was looking for. I let Dusclops out of its Dusk Ball, and then gave it the Reaper Cloth that I had found in Terminus Cave in the mountains of Kalos. Dusclops wrapped itself in the Reaper Cloth, and then both started to glow. It was evolving into Dusknoir, a Pokémon previously unknown in my first journey through the Hoenn region!

"Dusknoir, the Gripper Pokémon, and the evolved form of Dusclops. Dusknoir are said to take lost spirits into their pliant body and guide them home. The antenna on their head captures radio waves from the world of spirits that command them to take people there."

204. Dusknoir

May 18, 2016

While searching for Team Magma, I had Team Ruby re-battle many of the trainers across Hoenn. I especially focused on Snorunt, and eventually it evolved into Glalie!

"Glalie, the Face Pokémon, and an evolved form of Snorunt. Glalie have bodies made of rock, which they harden with an armor of ice. They have the ability to freely control ice, and can freeze moisture in the atmosphere into any shape they desire."

205. Glalie

With Glalie being the final Pokémon needed for Team Ruby, I finally pursued Team Magma into the deep sea. Once I reached the Seafloor Cavern, I battled my way through several grunts, and then faced Maxie himself. He was using the Red Orb to awaken the legendary Pokémon Groudon! As the sleeping Groudon awakened, Maxie battled me to prevent me from interfering.

First he sent out Mightyena. My Cradily used Acid to weaken its special defense a few times, then finished it with Brine. Next he sent out Weezing, so I sent out Claydol. Claydol used Extrasensory, followed by Ancient Power to knock it out. Third was his Golbat that had evolved into Crobat, so I decided to send out Glalie. My Key Stone started to glow! I reached into my bag and found the Mega Stone from the ice cave that I had not identified. It reacted as I gave it to my Glalie, so it seems that it is Glalitite, and it became Mega Glalie! Mega Glalie grows in size and gains a lot of attack and special attack, and a bit of speed. I'm actually surprised that it didn't gain dark-type by the way it looks; those huge jaws can land a serious Crunch attack! And with its ability of Refrigerate, its normal attacks like Headbutt becomes a boosted ice-type attack! My Mega Glalie knocked out Crobat with its Freeze-Dry attack.

Mega Glalie
    Bag_Glalitite_Sprite.png

Finally, Maxie used his Camerupt, but this time with an added surprise. "It behooves me to use every tool at my disposal to eliminate you," Maxie stated. "Indeed! Even Mega Evolution! Do not delude yourself that you and your Pokémon are the only ones capable of it!"

With that, he activated the Key Stone on the side of his glasses, and Camerupt mega evolved! Mega Camerupt looked like a huge volcano. I knew it would be at a disadvantage, but I sent out my strongest partner to battle it: Skarmory! Skarmory used its newly learned Rock Slide and got its opponent to flinch a few times, but when Mega Camerupt attacked, it used Take Down or Rock Slide. Did Maxie not teach it any fire-type moves? That was a good thing, as eventually, Skarmory knocked it out after several Rock Slide attacks!

Despite defeating Maxie, Groudon awakened, and burst from the Seafloor Cavern. I moved in the direction of Sootopolis City, as the sun burned much brighter and hotter in the sky due to Groudon's ability.

"Go, Groudon, to the Cave of Origin!" Maxie shouted. "Gather the energy there and return to your primal form! This is the time to take back the great evolution you lost in the past!"

Before I could follow Groudon, I knew Team Aqua was nearby with similar plans, so I had to deal with them. My Pokémon were worn out from the battles against Team Magma, so I gave Team Ruby a rest and had Team Sapphire sent to me. The team to challenge Team Aqua consisted of Breloom, Cacturne, Tropius, Sealeo, Xatu, and Swampert.

I also got a few more medals, mostly for getting closer to completing my Hoenn Pokédex!

A2-019-1 Adventure Ghost-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Ghost-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/18/2016
    A2-038-4 Adventure O-Power MAX A Medal to recognize an ultimate current of power in using 100 O-Powers. 05/16/2016
    A2-007-1 Adventure Fire-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Fire-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/16/2016

OffRoadSP

Years
  • May 19, 2016

I entered the Seafloor Cavern with Team Sapphire, and battled my way through a bunch of Team Aqua grunts. The wild Golbat in the area also made good opponents to train my Sealeo a bit extra too. I finally reached Archie in the deepest parts of the cave, where he was using the Blue Orb to awaken Kyogre.

"Well if it isn't my little adversary!" Archie greeted me with. "All I'll say is you met my expectations, scamp! But now, I'll use everything my team and I have to crush you once and for all!"

Of course this ended in a battle. My Breloom was able to easily defeat his Mightyena with Spore and Sky Uppercut. Then my Xatu easily defeated Muk with Psychic. Sealeo was having a bit of trouble against Archie's Crobat, since it was using a powerful Acrobatics attack. But when it seemed like my Sealeo was about to lose, it began to evolve! Then Walrein was able to use Ice Fang to knock out Crobat.

"Walrein, the Ice Break Pokémon, and the evolved form of Sealeo. Walrein swim all over in frigid seawater while crushing icebergs with their grand, imposing tusks. The tusks can totally shatter blocks of ice weighing 10 tons with one blow. Their thick coat of blubber insulates them from subzero temperatures, and makes enemy attacks bounce off harmlessly."

206. Walrein

Then it came down to his Sharpedo. He activated the Key Stone he had on his anchor he wore around his neck, and I got to see Mega Sharpedo for the first time! I wanted this to be a challenge between two mega evolved Pokémon, so I sent out Swampert and used my Key Stone to have it mega evolve. Each mega Pokémon used a single attack: Mega Sharpedo used Crunch and Mega Swampert used Hammer Arm. Both attacks did some serious damage, but it was Mega Sharpedo who was knocked out first!

As I battled Archie, Kyogre burst out of the Seafloor Cavern, and a torrent of rain poured down within many miles surrounding the legendary Pokémon. It headed in the same direction as Groudon, and if it reaches the Cave of Origin, it will likely also gain enough energy there to undergo Primal Reversion. If both Pokémon accomplish this, their effect on the weather will magnify, and has the potential to tear the Hoenn region apart!

But first, my Pokémon need a good rest. I took them to the Pokémon Center and had Nurse Joy treat them. Meanwhile, I looked at my Pokédex. I have succeeded in obtaining all the non-legendary Pokémon in the Hoenn region! Just a few legendary and mythical Pokémon to go, and my Hoenn journey will be complete!

A2-011-1 Adventure Ice-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Ice-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/19/2016
    A2-019-1 Adventure Ghost-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Ghost-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/19/2016
    E2-016-5 Fun Platinum Flag Collector A Medal to commemorate 1,000 flags collected in other Trainers' Secret Bases. 05/16/2016
    A2-045-1 Adventure Hoenn Certified Diver A Medal for Trainers who have dived below Hoenn's oceans more than 10 times. 05/11/2016
    A2-018-1 Adventure Rock-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Rock-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/11/2016
    A2-010-1 Adventure Grass-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Grass-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/11/2016
    A2-007-1 Adventure Fire-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Fire-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/11/2016

May 20, 2016

Sootopolis City was being battered by rapidly shifting weather patterns. Blazing hot sunlight one moment, then a blustery downpour the next. The surrounding areas were seeing increasing weather changes as the energy spread out from Sootopolis. The leaders of Team Aqua and Team Magma, Archie and Maxie respectively, were gathering their teams at the Cave of Origin, which is built into the crater that surrounds the city. Steven Stone and gym leader Wallace were there as well.

May and I joined the growing group of people. We were commenting on how this was similar to what happened 10 years ago, but much worse. Steven said that it was because of the primal energy that both Groudon and Kyogre are gathering deep in the Cave of Origin. Both Maxie and Archie admitted that this is not what they intended. I asked Wallace for the permission to enter the Cave or Origin and face these legendary Pokémon. He granted it, but said that it would be dangerous. For Kyogre and Groudon to be absorbing primal energy, they would have to be at depths too dangerous for a human to travel to. Team Aqua Admin Shelly had a solution. She provided me with the Aqua Suit, a diving suit that should help protect a person from the pressure of the depths. Archie and Maxie handed me the Red Orb and Blue Orb, which I fitted into the suit. A soft blue and red aura surrounded the suit. Steven said the orbs and the suit should allow me and my Pokémon to reach the core of the Cave of Origin.

So I entered the cave, and reached the area where, years ago, I encountered Groudon and Kyogre. This time, the rear of the cavern had been blown open, and a path of lava led to pool of water. Groudon appeared in the lava, so I jumped on top of it, as it walked to where Kyogre waited in the water. I then hopped off Groudon and onto Kyogre, who dove down into the depths of the sea. I emerged in a cavern that seemed ancient. I felt it was safe to take off the suit. After I did, I saw both legendary Pokémon absorbing the energy pulsating through the chamber. The Reb Orb and Blue Orb started to glow, and both Pokémon became enveloped in a crystal cocoon. The red crystal surrounding Groudon manifested an omega symbol, while the blue crystal had a glowing alpha symbol. Both crystals burst, and standing before me were Mega… no, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre!

I watched as both Pokémon unleased powerful attacks, with Primal Groudon causing huge stone spikes to burst from the ground with a move called Precipice Blades, and Primal Kyogre blasting bright blue beams of light with a move called Origin Pulse!

I tried catching both powerful forces of nature, but failed, as they wiped out my teams before I could catch them. I rushed my Pokémon back to the Pokémon Center, and figured I would try again tomorrow. Wallace, May, and Steven Stone said they would make sure that the Pokémon would stay contained in the cave, otherwise the weather would intensify, and likely threaten much of the Hoenn region!

May 21, 2016

First thing in the morning, I decided to take another shot at Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre! I had Skarmory power up with Swords Dance a few times, and thankfully Primal Groudon's ground-type moves were ineffective against Skarmory. Unfortunately, since Primal Groudon becomes part fire-type, and fire-type attack would be deadly to Skarmory, so we had to be careful! Primal Groudon used Rest at one point, so I took the opportunity to have Skarmory use some powered up Rock Slide attacks to weaken it! I started throwing Ultra Balls, repeating the process if Groudon used Rest again. After a short while, I finally heard the "click" of the Ultra Ball, and I caught Primal Groudon!

"Groudon, the Continent Pokémon. Groudon is said to be the personification of the land itself. Through Primal Reversion and with nature's full power, it will take back its true form. It can cause magma to erupt and expand the landmass of the world. Legends tell of its many clashes against Kyogre, as each sought to gain the power of nature."

207. Groudon

Primal Groudon

Unfortunately, Primal Kyogre was not so easily caught. As most of my team was grass or flying-types, they quickly fell to its Ice Beam Attack. The only one who stood some chance was Walrein, who tried to paralyze it with its Body Slam. But once again Team Sapphire was wiped out. And actually, a third attempt showed the same results. Thankfully, fourth time was the charm, and many, many Ultra Balls later, I caught Primal Kyogre as well!

"Kyogre, the Sea Basin Pokémon. Kyogre is said to be the personification of the sea itself. Through Primal Reversion and with nature's full power, it will take back its true form. It can summon storms that cause the sea levels to rise. Legends tell of its many clashes against Groudon, as each sought to gain the power of nature."

208. Kyogre

Primal Kyogre

After the battle, the primal energy in the chamber gathered to critical mass, and erupted from the crater that is Sootopolis City! It exploded in the sky, and fragments of primal energy showered down over all of Hoenn. A small portion of this energy remained in the Red Orb and Blue Orb, and the omega and alpha symbols appeared on each of them.

I exited the Cave of Origin, and everyone was looking up at the sky as the primal energy fell upon the region like a gentle snow storm. Archie and Maxie decided to make amends for what they had done (though I swear I heard that before), and Shelly decided to help Archie and Tabitha was going to stick with Archie, despite all that the both had caused. After they all left, Steven Stone had mentioned that the Hoenn region likely underwent some changes from the primal energy that was released. He added that since the Red Orb and Blue Orb absorbed the primal energy, they should allow me to cause Primal Reversion in both legendary Pokémon. He also gave me an Eon Flute, which would summon Latias or Latios to soar around the Hoenn region with. Finally, something that is easier that needing to use Fly! May said her good-byes as well, and I returned to the Pokémon Center to plan my next move. Officially, my Hoenn Pokédex is complete!

OffRoadSP

Years
  • May 24, 2016

It was time to challenge my eighth gym in the Hoenn region, so I gathered Team Sapphire (same team as before) and went into the Sootopolis gym to battle some trainers there. I feel that having several grass-types on my team should make this fairly easy!

Sootopolis Gym Challenge
    Vs Wallace

Gym Leader Wallace is a multi-talented trainer. Much like Fantina from the Sinnoh region, Wallace also takes part in Pokémon Contests, and holds the Wallace Cup in various regions each year. I'm lucky to catch him while he's at his gym!

"Hi, Wallace!" I began, as I stepped up to my spot over the water field. "I've improved a lot since our last battle. I've even defeated Lisia in a Pokémon Contest!"

"Yes, there is a difference in your demeanor," Wallace commented. "I'm sure we've both grown over the years, and our experiences have shaped us. Now, show me. Show me the power you wield with your Pokémon. And I, in turn, shall present you… with a performance of illusions in water… by me and my Pokémon!"

The judge called out the rules. "This Sootopolis Gym battle will now begin! Each side will use five Pokémon! The battle will be over when all five Pokémon on either side is unable to battle!"

"Cacturne, maximize!" I sent out my first grass-type Pokémon.

Wallace posed in a way only a coordinator would. "Luvdisc, show them your elegance!"

"A Luvdisc, that shouldn't be hard," I commented. "Cacturne, use Needle Arm!"

"Luvdisc, stop it with your Attract!" Wallace's Luvdisc was female, and my Cacturne held back its attack as it became fascinated by its opponent.

"No! Shrug it off, Cacturne!" I yelled.

"Now, Luvdisc, use Sweet Kiss!" Luvdisc swam over and kissed Cacturne, causing it to become confused.

"Cacturne, come on! Use Needle Arm!" But Cacturne started hitting the water instead, hurting itself in its confusion!

"Next, let's use a new move," Wallace called out. "Use Draining Kiss!"

Draining Kiss was super-effective against my dark-type Pokémon. "You can do this, Cacturne. All you need to do is land one Needle Arm!"

This time, Cacturne shook off both its confusion and attraction, and slammed its arm into Luvdisc, sending it flying! It hit the water, and was knocked out!

"Luvdisc is unable to battle," the judge said. "Cacturne wins!"

"Great job, Cacturne! Now, take a good rest." By recalling my Pokémon, it would cure the confusion and attraction.

"A grand performance, Luvdisc," Wallace stated as his Pokémon left the field. "Now, for my most elegant partner. Milotic, please take the stage!"

"He's jumping right to Milotic," I said to myself. "All right, Tropius, maximize!"

Both large Pokémon appeared over the water.

"Check out our performance," I said. "Tropius, use Dragon Dance!"

Tropius did an aerial dance, increasing its attack and speed.

"Very nice," complimented Wallace, "But this is not a contest battle. Milotic, Ice Beam!"

I should have expected that! The ice-type attack was super-effective against my grass/flying-type Pokémon.

"Tropius, no! Quick, use Body Slam!" My Pokémon slammed into Milotic, but it did not paralyze it like I was hoping.

"Milotic, finish this with Hydro Pump!" A powerful blast of water struck Tropius at close range, and that was all it could take.

"Tropius is unable to battle," the judge began. "Milotic wins!"

"Return, Tropius, you did your best, thank you." I grabbed my next Poké Ball. "Time to get ahead again. Walrein, maximize!"

"Fighting water with water, I see," Wallace noted. "Milotic, use Recover!"

"That's going to be a problem. Walrein, use Swagger!" I was hoping confusing our opponent would work.

"Now, use Body Slam!" I called out to my Walrein to quickly use another move. Unfortunately, Milotic snapped out of its confusion quickly. Figures.

"Milotic, Hydro Pump, please." A blast of water hit Walrein, but it took it pretty well.

"Walrein, Swagger, again!" This time it worked, and Milotic hurt itself in its confusion!

"Good job! Now, follow it up with Body Slam!" I got lucky again, as this time it paralyzed Milotic, and Milotic was still hurting itself in its confusion!

"Now Walrein, finish this with Brine!" Unfortunately, Wallace used a Hyper Potion on Milotic, so that attack did not have the effect I had hoped.

"Ok, no problem," I said, excited. "Try Ice Fang!"

Milotic snapped out of its confusion. "Great job, Milotic. Now use Ice Beam!"

The ice-type attacks collided, having little effect on either Pokémon.

"Swagger, one more time!" I commanded. Milotic hurt itself in its confusion!

This is a tough battle. I'm not doing much damage with Walrein, but if I switch to any of my other Pokémon, Ice Beam would be super-effective against them. I'll have to hope to get lucky.

"Ice Fang, go!" Milotic couldn't dodge, and it flinched from the attack!

"Now, while it's weaker, use Brine!" Brine hit its mark, and Milotic hurt itself in its confusion, knocking itself out!

"Milotic is unable to battle. Walrein wins!"

"Whew," I let out a heavy sigh. "Walrein, great job out there. Take a break."

"Very interesting strategy, Steve," Wallace said as he recalled his Pokémon. "You were magnificent, Milotic. But now, Whiscash, let's go!"

"Finally, something I'm prepared for!" I threw my next Poké Ball. "Breloom, maximize!"

This should be an easy round.

"Breloom, use Spore!" I called out, as the spores hit Whiscash, putting it to sleep. "Now, follow up with Seed Bomb!"

The powerful Seed Bomb pummeled the sleeping Pokémon!

The judge raised his arm. "Whiscash is not able to battle. Breloom wins the round!"

"A grass-type move was expected," Wallace said as he switched his Pokémon. "But you have to watch out for ice! Sealeo, you're next!"

"Stay out there Breloom!" My Pokémon looked ready for more. "Use Spore again!"

"Sealeo, no!" Wallace cried out. "Ah, you're sleep-inducing move that doesn't miss is going to be a problem, I see."

"That's right," I answered. "Now to finish this. Breloom, use Sky Uppercut!"

A fighting-type move is super-effective against an ice-type, so Sealeo was knocked out!

"Sealeo is unable to battle!" I was up four to one!

"Very well, here comes my last Pokémon. Seaking, appear!" Wallace's final Pokémon took to the water.

"Breloom, return!" I tossed out my Nest Ball. "Xatu, it's your turn, maximize!"

Xatu flew above the field. "An interesting choice," Wallace commented.

"Xatu is one of my few Pokémon who haven't had a turn in a gym yet, so I wanted to give it its chance," I responded. "Xatu, use Feather Dance!"

"Seaking, take this opportunity to set up an Aqua Ring!" Seaking performed beautifully, as the rings of water danced around it.

"Now, Xatu, use Psychic!" The attack hit Seaking hard.

"Seaking, Rain Dance!" Rain started pouring over the field. I presume its ability is Swift Swim so it will gain speed in the rain.

"Seaking, now use Waterfall!" I must have been right, because Seaking struck quickly with its attack.

"Xatu, Psychic, let's go!" One final blast was all it took, because…

"Seaking is unable to battle," the judge raised his arm. "The winner of the Sootopolis Gym battle is Steve!"

"Bravo!" Wallace congratulated me as he recalled his fallen Pokémon. "I realize now your authenticity and magnificence as a Pokémon trainer. I find much joy in having the chance to battle you and your Pokémon again. You have proven yourself worthy of the Rain Badge!"

Finally! My eighth Hoenn Gym badge! I got the Rain Badge, and now with a complete Pokédex as well, can go to Ever-Grande City and challenge the Hoenn League!

75px-Rain_Badge.png

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I started up Omega Ruby after a long haitus and have made some significant progress in the last couple of days! Last time I'd saved was in Slateport City just after obtaining my 2nd badge so I picked up from that point. Made my way northward battling some trainers along the way, navigating through the Trick House, meeting my rival once again and gaining a few levels! Upon reaching Mauville City I almost immediately went straight for the Gym, though Wally was waiting for a battle before I could even enter the Gym. After defeating Wally, the trainers in the Gym and a short session of grinding, I managed to defeat Wattson on my 3rd attempt and obtained my 3rd badge. I'm currently on Route 113 headed towards Fallarbor Town!

Team

Houndoom Lv. 31
    229.gif

~ Rock Smash
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Feint Attack
    ~ Embargo

Luxray Lv. 31
    405.gif

~ Double Kick
    ~ Spark
    ~ Bite
    ~ Baby-Doll Eyes

Axew Lv. 32
    610.gif

~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Slash
    ~ False Swipe
    ~ Dragon Claw

Seadra Lv. 32
    117.gif

~ Bubble Beam
    ~ Smokescreen
    ~ Dragon Rage
    ~ Brine

Scraggy Lv. 32
    559.gif

~ High Jump Kick
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Chip Away
    ~ Drain Punch

Grovyle Lv. 32 @ Miracle Seed
    253.gif

~ Leaf Blade
    ~ Acrobatics
    ~ Giga Drain
    ~ Cut

OffRoadSP

Years
  • I'm so glad to see someone else post here! And I love the avatar, Blue. I totally can't wait to have a Rotom possess my Pokedex.

But first, I have a Hoenn journey to finish...

May 25, 2016

Wallace had told me that he had heard that some unusual things have been discovered since the explosion of primal energy over the Hoenn region. I had Skarmory transferred to me, as well as a few other Pokémon from Team Ruby. Then I used the Eon Flute and summoned Latios, using my Key Stone to mega evolve it as we began to Soar over the Hoenn region. This is amazing! Being able to have a bird's eye view of the entire region is awesome. I let Skarmory out so it could fly alongside Mega Latios.

Something caught my eye in Littleroot Town. I landed, and found a Mega Stone not far from the professor's lab. I contacted Brigette to see if it would react to any of Kalos Pokémon. It seemed to react to Mewtwo. But it doesn't look like the Mewtwonite I found in Kalos. I had Mewtwo sent to me, and I had it mega evolve. It became a completely different Mega Mewtwo! This one becomes part fighting-type, and gets a huge boost to its physical attack. It also gains the ability Steadfast, making it faster if it flinches from an attack.

Mega Mewtwo X

I contacted Steven Stone, and he said he believes that a lot more Mega Stones may have appeared as a result of what happened. So I Soared up high again, searching for any more Mega Stones that may be around. I found one in Petalburg Woods. This one matched the description on a Mega Stone that was discovered in Frost Cavern in Kalos. It was Scizorite, so I had my Scizor sent to me to check out Mega Scizor! Its armor becomes thicker, and its claws grow very long, becoming almost like huge jaws of their own. It gets a modest increase in all of its stats, and its ability becomes Technician, making average moves much more powerful!

Mega Scizor

The next detour was a little longer. I saw a bright light coming from Mauville City. It was coming from the statue of Prism Tower. Wattson was nearby, and he said he thinks that something might be wrong in the abandoned area of New Mauville, just off the coast of Route 110. New Mauville was supposed to be a huge underground expansion for the city. The project was cancelled once people saw it was having a negative effect on the Pokémon in the area. Now, it's a home for some wild electric-type Pokémon. He asked if I would go check it out. I did, and there truly wasn't much going on there. I encountered some wild Voltorb and Magnemite, and did find a Mega Stone that I recognized there, Ampharosite! Since everything seemed fine (what an odd side quest), I reset the security system, and reported back to Wattson the all-clear.

While I was in Mauville City, there was another Pokémon Contest demonstration happening in Mauville Hills. I entered Skarmory in it, and was able to show off some of its new combinations. It was awarded the Best Friends Ribbon, since I showed off the bond between me and my Pokémon well.

Best_Friends_Ribbon.png

I stopped by my Super-Secret Base in Fiery Path, and found another familiar Mega Stone nearby, Charizardite X.

The next Mega Stone I found was along Jagged Path. This one matched the description of one that was found in the Cyllage City Gym. It was Tyranitarite, so I got to check out Mega Tyranitar! Its armor becomes spikier, and it gains a large boost to its attack and defense.

Mega Tyranitar

I stopped in nearby Lavaridge Town, and found a Mega Stone there as well. This one matched one found along Mélancolie Path in Kalos. It was Houndoominite, so Mega Houndoom was the next Pokémon I checked out. Its horns grow, as well as gaining spikes elsewhere over its body. Its defense, special attack, and speed increase, and its ability becomes Solar Power. This ability powers up its special attacks significantly in sunlight, but it does lose energy as a cost of this increased power.

Mega Houndoom

The next Mega Stone I found was in the Berry Fields near Route 123. This was the familiar Abomasite that I had found in Kalos.

May 26, 2016

I explored a little deeper in Meteor Falls, and found another familiar Mega Stone, an Aerodactylite. Then, while soaring over Route 119, I saw something sparkle on the ground, and it was Venusaurite. Gym Leader Flannery said that the Scorched Slab seemed to undergo some changes too, so when I checked it out, I found a Charizardite Y inside the cave. Next I soared over to Pacifidlog Town, where I found a Mega Stone similar to one found in Glittering Cave in Kalos. So I had my Kangaskhan sent to me and gave it the Kangaskhanite to hold. Mega Kangaskhan is quite interesting. Kangaskhan doesn't grow, but the child in its pouch is what actually changes! In addition to causing an increase in its stats, it has the unique ability called Parental Bond, where every attack hits twice because the child mimics the parent.

Mega Kangaskhan

The final stop I made was in Verdanturf Town. A woman there said the found a Mega Stone the day after the primal energy fell. It was Gardevoirite, and though I never found it in Kalos, I did battle Mega Gardevoir when I challenged the Champion Diantha.

Mega Gardevoir

I then traveled to Ever Grande City. Next Stop: Victory Road and the Pokémon League!

May 31, 2016

I gathered Team Ruby, specifically Sceptile, Beautifly, Shiftry, Slaking, Skarmory, and Sharpedo. I entered Victory Road, and began battling many high level trainers. I was very shocked to see that many trainers were from other regions! I battled a trainer who used a Hitmontop and Throh. Hitmontop are only found in the Johto region, and Throh only in Unova and Kalos! I wasn't able to scan either with my Hoenn Pokédex.

"No data."

I encountered more Pokémon, mostly ones I saw in Kalos, like Sawk. But then I ran into Vito Winstrate, who apparently was journeying in the Unova region, because he had caught a Darmanitan!

"No data."

Finally, I had a double battle against a Primeape and Musharna, which can only be found in Unova and Kanto or Johto, respectively.

"No data."

"No data."

I soon made my way to the end of Victory Road, where I ran into Wally, who wanted to battle! He led off with his Altaria, so I sent out Mega Sceptile, who easily knocked it out with Dual Chop. Next was his Delcatty, but my Slaking one-hit KO'd it with Hammer Arm. Then he sent out Roselia, which did poison my Shiftry with Toxic, but was knocked out by Extrasensory. Magneton was a bit more of a problem, but Slaking and its Hammer Arm came through again.

For the last battle, we decided to use our partner Pokémon. Unlike a decade ago when he used Gardevoir, this time he had evolved the Ralts he caught into Gallade. Furthermore, the pendant around Wally's neck was actually a Key Stone, and he activated it. It seems that Gallade can mega evolve! So it was my Skarmory against his Mega Gallade. I had Skarmory use Swords Dance to power up, but Mega Gallade used Superpower, doing massive damage to Skarmory. It followed it up with Psycho Cut, which Skarmory dodged as it used Sky Drop to pick up Mega Gallade, and then slam it down onto the ground for the knock out!

After our awesome battle, Wally gave me a Dawn Stone, and then I proceeded to the Pokémon Center at the Pokémon League. Outside the entrance to the Pokémon League, I found a familiar Mega Stone, it was the Mewtwonite Y like the one I found when I caught Mewtwo in Kalos.

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
  • June 3, 2016

I started to think about my Elite Four challenge. I reflected on which Pokémon participated in my Hoenn gym battles.

Roxanne, Rustboro Gym: Seedot, Treecko.

Brawley, Dewford Gym: Beldum, Dustox.

Wattson, Mauville Gym: Vigoroth, Grovyle, Combusken.

Flannery, Lavaridge Gym: Koffing, Marshtomp, Numel.

Norman, Petalburg Gym: Lileep, Baltoy, Skarmory.

Winona, Fortree Gym: Weezing, Castform, Camerupt, Armaldo.

Liza & Tate, Mossdeep Gym: Dusclops, Skarmory.

Wallace, Sootopolis Gym: Cacturne, Tropius, Walrein, Breloom, Xatu.

So I chose my line-ups for each of the Elite Four battles, as well as the championship battle against Steven Stone. Each Pokémon from Team Ruby and Team Sapphire will have then battled in at least one or if not two gym battles or Pokémon League battles.

Also, Team Ruby earned a few more medals:

A2-014-1 Adventure Ground-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Ground-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/21/2016
    A2-008-1 Adventure Water-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Water-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/21/2016
    A2-011-1 Adventure Ice-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Ice-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/19/2016

As well as Team Sapphire:

A2-038-3 Adventure O-Power Lv. 3 A Medal to recognize a fierce current of power in using 50 O-Powers. 05/21/2016
    A2-014-1 Adventure Ground-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Ground-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/21/2016
    A2-008-1 Adventure Water-type Catcher A Medal in commemoration of catching all the Water-type Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex. 05/21/2016

June 5, 2016

I did a lot of training with Team Ruby over the last few days, traveling around the Hoenn region and re-battling trainers I've fought previously to give my team experience. It also gave me the opportunity to work on a new move with my Skarmory. X-Scissor should come in handy against my first Elite Four opponent!

June 6, 2016

I finished training Team Ruby, doing just over 2 full circuits against previous trainers. As I returned to Evergrande City, I noticed a small, crescent-shaped island just south of the city. I asked Nurse Joy about it at the Pokémon Center, and she said that there's a legend that when the island appears, people and Pokémon become very relaxed and calm, and have very peaceful sleep. She went on to say that last month, many people across Hoenn were complaining of terrible nightmares. I remember hearing about something similar when I was in the Sinnoh region, and the mythical Pokémon Darkrai was responsible for the nightmares, with the legendary Pokémon Cresselia being the Pokémon that brings peace and calm. So I took Team Sapphire (which the island was streetpassed to) and explored the island. The island was very empty, but right before I left, I saw Cresselia flying above the island! Cresselia is one of the few Pokémon that I never saw nor captured. I changed that today, but it was not recorded in my Hoenn Pokédex. I'll hope that Crescent Isle will appear again one day once I'm working on completing my National Pokédex.

June 8, 2016

Over the last 2 days, I've trained Team Sapphire the same way. It took nearly 3 circuits around Hoenn to get them ready for the Hoenn League. (All Pokémon to level 49.) I returned to Evergrande City, and prepared my teams for my Elite Four challenge!

OffRoadSP

Years
  • June 9, 2016

Elite Four challenge: Sidney

"Welcome, challenger!" the man greeted as he stood from his chair. "I am Sidney, of the Elite Four."

I vaguely remember my Elite Four challenge in Hoenn since it was over a decade ago, but I did remember that Sidney was a dark-type trainer.

"I like that look you're giving me," he said. "I guess you'll give me a good match. That's good! Looking real good!"

"I feel I'm ready for whatever you throw at me!" I responded as I took my place on the field.

"All right!" Sidney exclaimed. "Let's get down to the kind of battle that can happen only here in the Pokémon League! Go, Mightyena!"

"A pure dark-type," I commented. "All right, Slaking, maximize!"

Mightyena's Intimidate did lower Slaking's attack power, but I still figured it was up to the task.

"Slaking, use Yawn!" I gave the first command. Sidney's Mightyena became drowsy.

"Nice try," Sidney said with a crooked smile. "Mightyena, use Swagger!"

Slaking became confused by Mightyena's movements, but as a side effect, its attack power increased.

"With Slaking's Truant ability, I better not risk the wasted attacks," I reasoned out. "Slaking, return, take a break for now. Donphan, your turn, maximize!"

As I switched out Pokémon, a Sucker Punch from Mightyena failed, at it then fell asleep.

"Perfect!" I yelled. "Ok, Donphan, Play Rough!"

Donphan tossed around the sleep Pokémon, which woke it up. (Full Restore)

"Now, Donphan, Heavy Slam!" Donphan rolled up and crashed into the much lighter Mightyena.

"Mightyena, while it's in close, use Crunch!" The Pokémon bit down on Donphan, lowering its defense.

"Hang in there, Donphan! Finish it with Play Rough!" Donphan shrugged off the attack and tossed Mightyena into the air, and it came crashing to the ground!

"Mightyena is unable to battle," the judge called. "Donphan wins!"

"Great job, Donphan! Now return and take a rest!"

"That was a good start, challenger," Sidney recalled his Pokémon. "Now face this. Shiftry, go!"

"I've got just the Pokémon for that," I said as I threw my next Poké Ball. "Beautifly, maximize!"

My Pokémon should clearly have the advantage.

"Beautifly, let's do this with one attack. Bug Buzz, let's go!"

"Nice try," Sidney stated. "Shiftry, use Fake Out!"

Shiftry moved quicker than Beautifly and struck it, causing it to flinch!

"Follow it up with Feint Attack!" Sidney's Pokémon struck mine again. Beautifly can't take another hit like that.

"Hang in there, Beautifly!" I called out. "Blast it back with Bug Buzz!"

Beautifly flapped its wings quickly, powerfully sending Shiftry flying with a doubly super-effective attack!

"Shiftry is unable to battle! Beautifly wins!"

"Absol, I choose you!" Sidney's next Pokémon appeared.

"Your turn. Sceptile, maximize!" I sent out my next Pokémon, and my Key Stone started to glow. "Now, Sceptile, mega evolve!"

"Impressive," said Sidney when he saw Mega Sceptile.

"You haven't seen impressive until you check out its power," I stated with confidence. "Mega Sceptile, use X-Scissor!"

One shot was all it took. Mega Sceptile was faster than Absol, and knocked it out!

Next up was Sidney's Sharpedo. I kept Mega Sceptile out on the field. It was another one-hit KO when Mega Sceptile absorbed all of Sharpedo's energy with a single Giga Drain!

"You're strong," Sidney complimented. "And you're using wise match-ups. For the last round you'll be facing my Cacturne!"

"And for the last round, I'm going with my main partner Pokémon. Skarmory, maximize!" My Pokémon appeared with its usual flair. "Use X-Scissor!"

Skarmory turned out to be the faster Pokémon, and the battle was over just like that!

"Well, how do you like that? I lost!" Sidney seemed to be happy though. "Eh, it was fun, so it doesn't matter. Well, listen to what this loser has to say. You've got what it takes to go a long way! Go on to challenge your next battle!"

OffRoadSP

Years
  • June 12, 2016

Elite Four Challenge: Phoebe

"Hahaha!" laughed my next opponent. "I'm Phoebe of the Elite Four. I did my training on Mt. Pyre. While I trained there, I gained the ability to commune with ghost-type Pokémon. The bond I developed with my Pokémon is extremely tight. Come on! Just try and see if you can even inflict damage on my Pokémon!"

"I think I can do that, and more!" I responded with confidence.

Phoebe started to sway back and forth, doing some kind of dance. Then she threw her first Poké Ball. "Dusclops, you're up first!"

I responded with my first choice. "Armaldo, maximize!"

I knew Dusclops have high defenses, so I needed a Pokémon with enough power to overcome that.

"Armaldo, start things off with Smack Down!" My Pokémon fired a rock at Dusclops, doing light damage.

"Dusclops, use Confuse Ray!" Phoebe was trying to turn my Pokémon's power against itself.

"Fight through the confusion, Armaldo!" I tried to call out to it. "Use Smack Down again!"

Thankfully, the attack succeeded, but Dusclops used Future Sight. Looks like we'll have a powerful attack coming later. And Armaldo was hurting itself in its confusion.

"Now, Dusclops, use Curse!" That was an odd choice. Dusclops used the remainder of its energy to place a Curse on Armaldo, which was slowly draining it of its energy.

"Armaldo, return," I recalled my Pokémon, knowing it couldn't stand up long being confused and cursed. "Good job out there, take a rest."

"Here's my next Pokémon," said Phoebe. "Sableye, let's go!"

"I have to be careful of Future Sight, I think," I said as I decided who would be next. "Cacturne, maximize!"

"Sableye, use Fake Out!" Before my Pokémon could make a move, Phoebe's Pokémon made mine flinch.

"Cacturne, use Sandstorm!" I was hoping the Sandstorm would protect Cacturne with its Sand Veil ability.

"Sableye, use Foul Play!" Unfortunately, Cacturne's low defense caused it to take quite a bit of damage from that attack, despite not being very effective.

"Cacturne, Needle Arm, let's go!"

"Block that, Sableye! Use Shadow Claw!"

Both physical attacks collided as the Pokémon got in close. Cacturne scored a critical hit.

"Keep up the pressure!" I yelled, as it landed another critical hit with Needle Arm, follow by another regular hit (after 2 Full Restores).

"Finish it with one more Needle Arm!" Thanks to Sableye taking some extra damage from the Sandstorm, it was knocked out!

"Not bad," complimented Phoebe. "Next up, go, Dusknoir!"

"Cacturne, return, you earned a good rest." I said, knowing Cacturne had little energy left. "Ok, Dustox, maximize!"

"This is going to be a tough one," I commented. "Dustox, Quiver Dance!"

"Gotcha," said Phoebe, as my Pokémon danced to increase its special attack, special defense, and speed. "Dusknoir, use Fire Punch!"

"Whoops! I wasn't expecting that." I was hoping for Dustox to get in one good attack. "Use Bug Buzz!"

Unfortunately, that attack did very little. "Dusknoir, finish it with another Fire Punch!"

This time, it was my Pokémon that lost the round. "Dustox, return, you did great out there. Ok, I hope this works. Cacturne, come on back out!"

My weakened Pokémon took the field. "I need you to use one more attack. Feint Attack, go!"

The attack hit, and did decent damage, but one Fire Punch took out Cacturne. And like that, the battle was tied.

"Armaldo, your turn again!" I sent back out my other Pokémon, who was no longer confused nor cursed. "Use Brine!"

"Dusknoir, fire back with Hex!"

Both special attacks collided. Both Pokémon were getting weaker.

"Armaldo, finish it with X-Scissor!" That was all it took, and I was in the lead again.

"The bond between you and your Pokémon is strong as well, I see." Phoebe sent out her next Pokémon, Banette.

"Ninetales, maximize!" Out came my next Pokémon. "Flamethrower, let's go!"

The attack blasted Banette. "Banette, use Toxic!"

My Pokémon was badly poisoned from the attack. "Hang in there, Ninetales! Use Flamethrower again!"

The attack was powerful enough to knock out Phoebe's fourth Pokémon! Now I just had one Pokémon left to defeat.

"Banette, I choose you for the last battle!" I was very shocked by that. I was completely expecting her to use a Froslass.

"Here's, my last Pokémon. Return, Ninetales. Swampert, maximize!" I then activated my Key Stone, and Mega Swampert took the field!

"Banette, use Shadow Ball!" The attack did not do a lot of damage to my powerful Pokémon.

"Mega Swampert, Earthquake!" The ground shook as Mega Swampert pounded it with its massive fists, blasting Banette off the ground, and knocking it out in one hit!

"Oh, darn. I've gone and lost," Phoebe said as she collected her fallen Pokémon. "Yes, you demonstrated the bond between you and your Pokémon well. I recognized that too late, so it's only natural that I lost. Yup, I'd like to see how far your bond will carry you. Go ahead. Move on to your next challenge!"

OffRoadSP

Years
  • June 13, 2016

Elite Four Challenge: Glacia

"Welcome," the woman greeted me as I entered. "I am Glacia of the Elite Four. I've traveled from afar to Hoenn so that I may hone my ice-type moves. But all I have seen are challenges by weak trainers and their Pokémon."

"Don't worry, Glacia," I responded as I clenched my fist. "We'll show you a great battle!"

"I wonder," Glacia spoke softly, and smiled. "What a relief it would be if I could, for once, have a serious battle against an opponent!"

Glacia sent out her leading Pokémon, which was Glalie. "You didn't get a chance to battle at any of the gyms, so here's your chance to show your power. Muk, maximize!"

"A poison-type, such an odd choice," commented Glacia. "Glalie, use Hail, please."

Hail started to fall onto the field, pummeling Muk. "Muk, use Gunk Shot!"

The powerful poison-type move did a good amount of damage.

"Glalie, strike back with Crunch!" Glacia's Pokémon bit down on Muk, but its soft body absorbed most of the damage.

"Come on, Muk!" I yelled. "Knock it away with Sludge Wave!"

A blast of poison knocked Glalie away. I used the opening to have Muk use Acid Armor to sharply boost its defense! (And Glacia used a Full Restore.)

"Glalie, protect yourself against those types of attacks by using Light Screen!"

"That won't work against this! Muk, use Gunk Shot!" Not only did the attack hit, it poisoned Glalie as well!

"Impressive," said Glacia, who was still smiling. "Use Crunch again!"

"Muk, one more Gunk Shot, let's go!" I was worried about Gunk Shot's low accuracy, but it hit again, knocking out Glalie! The hail also stopped falling.

"Glalie, return, thank you for your hard work." Glacia recalled her Pokémon and readied her next Poké Ball. "Froslass, I choose you!"

"Muk, return, you did an awesome job out there." I swapped my Pokémon as well. "I was saving this for later, but… Glalie, maximize!"

"You think your ice-type can defeat mine?" asked Glacia.

"It can with an edge," I tapped my glowing Key Stone. "Glalie, mega evolve!"

"Amazing," Glacia stared in awe. "I will have to learn more about this. As an ice-type master, I will find a way to mega evolve my own Glalie! But for now, I will focus on our battle. Froslass, use Ominous Wind!"

"Mega Glalie, push through that Ominous Wind and use Crunch!" The attack did massive damage, but Froslass held on! (And used a Full Restore.)

"That's some defense," I complimented it. "Use Crunch again!"

"Froslass, stop them with Confuse Ray!"

"Shake it off, Mega Glalie! Use Crunch one more time!" It fought off the confusion, and knocked out Froslass! Their Light Screen also faded, so I can use special attacks again.

"Very good, I am enjoying this battle," Glacia sent out her next Pokémon. "Walrein, on the ice!"

"For Walrein, I'll choose Cradily. Maximize!"

"Walrein, freeze that grass-type with your Blizzard attack!" The powerful Blizzard did significant damage to Cradily, but it hung on!

"Way to stand your ground, Cradily! Fire back with Energy Ball!" And fire back it did, because it landed a critical hit, knocking Walrein out immediately!

Next up was my Girafarig against another Froslass. Her Froslass used a powerful Blizzard, and Girafarig can't take a second hit like that. But I had Girafarig use Crunch, and Froslass similarly can't take another hit.

"Froslass, finish it with Blizzard!"

"Girafarig, dodge and use Crunch!" But Girafarig could not dodge, and it was knocked out.

"Mega Glalie, you're up again! Use Crunch!"

"Froslass, use Hail to cloak yourself!" But that didn't work, and Mega Glalie landed the attack to knock out Froslass.

"Finally, this is a battle worthy of my Pokémon!" Glacia exclaimed. "Here's my last Pokémon. Go, Glalie!"

"And here's my last Pokémon, and it's my strongest!" Out came my Armor Bird Pokémon with a flash. "Skarmory, maximize!"

"What a unique Skarmory," Glacia commented. "But even its armor won't protect it from the hail."

"Then let's finish this quick," I said. "Skarmory, use Steel Wing!"

"Glalie, Protect!" The attack bounced right off! "Very good. Now follow-up with Freeze Dry!"

Skarmory's metal body started to freeze from the attack.

"Hang in there, Skarmory! Use Steel Wing again!" The attack hit, but Skarmory was still taking damage from the hail.

"Glalie, Freeze Dry!"

"Skarmory, Steel Wing!"

Skarmory was having a hard time pushing through the blast of cold, but it managed to strike! Both Pokémon fell to the ground, but Skarmory managed to get up!

"Way to go Skarmory!" My Pokémon spread its wings triumphantly.

"You and your Pokémon… how hot your spirit burns!" Glacia seemed pleased with the battle. "Yes, your spirit burns fiercely! My ice moves pale in the face of such all-consuming flames. Advance to the next challenge. There you will learn how fearsome the Pokémon League can truly be!"

OffRoadSP

Years
  • June 15, 2016

Elite Four Challenge: Drake

"I am the last of the Pokémon League Elite Four, Drake the Dragon master!" proclaimed my final Elite Four opponent. "In their natural state, Pokémon are wild living things. They are free. At times, they hinder us. At times, they help us. For us to battle alongside Pokémon as partners, do you know what it takes? Do you know what is needed?"

Drake paused, then shouted out. "If you don't, you will never prevail over me! Altaria, let's go!"

"Breloom, maximize!" Our first Pokémon each took the field. "Start things off with Spore!"

The highly accurate move put Altaria right to sleep.

"Great, Breloom, now return," I decided to switch Pokémon. "Castform, maximize! Use Hail!"

Hail fell on the battlefield, and Castform changed its form.

"Castform, Weather Ball, go!" I commanded.

"Altaria, block with Cotton Guard!" Though it increased its defense, Altaria was still knocked out by the Weather Ball.

"Good combinations," Drake commented as he recalled Altaria. "Now, Flygon, it's your turn!"

"Stay out there, Castform! Use Weather Ball again!"

"You think I'm some weak trainer not prepared for ice-type Pokémon?" Drake said. "Flygon, use Flamethrower!"

Both attacks were super effective, but it was Flygon who was knocked out!

"Castform, that was a hard hit, return," I switched Pokémon again. "Froslass, maximize!"

My Pokémon took the field, benefiting from the hail due to its Snow Cloak ability.

Drake sent out his third Pokémon: another Flygon!

"Froslass, use Frost Breath!" Froslass landed a hit, knocking out the Flygon in one hit!

Next up was my Walrein against Drake's Salamence. That was probably a bad choice, as Intimidate lowered my Pokémon's attack.

"Salamence, use Dragon Rush!"

"Walrein, intercept with Ice Fang!"

Both attacks did a good amount of damage. Neither Pokémon could take another hit like that. In addition, Salamence is the faster Pokémon.

"Walrein, return, you did great." I swapped out my Pokémon again. "Breloom, you're up again!"

"Salamence, Dragon Rush!" Drake gave the command, but my Pokémon dodged the hit!

"Breloom, use Spore!"

"Salamence, get in there quick and use Zen Headbutt!" Salamence was also quicker than Breloom, so it landed the powerful super effective hit before falling asleep.

"Breloom, return! Castform, I need you! Use Hail!"

Salamence woke up! "Good job, Salamence! Stop his Pokémon with your Dragon Rush!"

Castform dodged, and once again caused hail to fall on the field.

"You're not getting away that easily! Salamence, Dragon Rush one more time!" This time, Drake's Pokémon hit, and knocked out Castform.

"Thanks, Castform, you did well." I considered my options. "Froslass, you haven't taken a hit, I choose you! Use Frost Breath!"

Froslass was the faster Pokémon, and blasted Salamence with the icy attack, knocking it out!

"Time for the final round," Drake said. "Kingdra, I choose you!"

"I hadn't considered that as one of your Pokémon," I commented. "Metagross, maximize!"

"An interesting match-up," Drake observed.

"I'm going to make it more interesting," I said, as I engaged my Key Stone. "Key Stone, respond to my call! Metagross, mega evolve!"

"Ah, a Mega Stone, I see," said Drake. "No matter. Kingdra, use Surf!"

"Mega Metagross, use Zen Headbutt!"

Mega Metagross was faster and hit first, but was blasted back by Surf.

"Zen Headbutt, again! Let's finish this!" That was the last attack, as Kingdra fainted!

"Superb, it should be said," stated Drake. "You deserve every credit for coming this far as a Pokémon trainer. You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a trainer needs is a true and virtuous heart. It is through their contact with trainers that Pokémon learn right from wrong. The influence of their trainers' good hearts helps them grow strong!"
    Drake motioned towards the door. "Go! Go onward! The Champion is waiting!"

OffRoadSP

Years
  • Hoenn Champion Battle: Steven Stone

"Welcome, Steve," greeted Steven Stone. "I was hoping I would get to battle you again here one day. Tell me, what have you seen on your journey over all these years with your Pokémon? I remember the close bond between you and your Wailmer back then. What have you felt, meeting so many other trainers out there? Traveling this rich land of Hoenn once again, has it awoken something inside of you? I want you to come at me with all that you've learned. My Pokémon and I will respond in turn with all that we know!"

Finally, a six-on-six full battle with the Champion of the Hoenn region. Wait, is that a Key Stone on his lapel?

"Let it begin!" shouted Steven. "Skarmory, I choose you!"

"Skarmory, huh?" I smiled. "As much as I want to see mine battle yours, I'll start out with… Milotic, maximize!"

"Skarmory, throw some Spikes on the field!" That's going to be a problem for any Pokémon I substitute.

"Milotic, start things off by using Coil!" I know that boosts a few things, but defense and accuracy are the two stats I needed. "Now, use Hydro Pump!"

A blast of water struck Skarmory for decent damage. "Skarmory, fight back with Aerial Ace!"

Milotic defended the attack well, barely taking any damage. "Use Hydro Pump again!"

This time, it landed a critical hit, knocking out Skarmory!

"Skarmory, return, well done," Steven recalled his Pokémon. "Not a bad start, Steve. Now, Cradily, I choose you!"

"Stay out there, Milotic! Use Hydro Pump!" It did a little damage.

"Cradily, Confuse Ray!" That might be a problem. My Milotic became confused.

"Shake it off, Milotic! Use Hydro Pump!" Despite being confused, the attack hit, but…

"Cradily, recover some energy with Giga Drain!" The attack did super effective damage. Milotic was able to land one more Hydro Pump, but was then knocked out with one last Giga Drain. Still, Cradily lost a lot of energy.

"Milotic, return, great job out there." I threw my next Poké Ball. "Shiftry, maximize and use Bullet Seed!"

Shiftry took a little damage from the spikes, but fired off the Bullet Seed. It landed four hits, and five would have been a knock out, but no luck.

"Cradily, use Sludge Bomb!"

"Shiftry, no!" Unfortunately, the super effective attack was also a critical hit, and Shiftry was knocked out. "Shiftry, return, I'm sorry about that. I should have seen it coming."

"Now what?" Steven gloated, as he used a Full Restore.

"Skarmory, maximize!" Since Skarmory flies, it avoided the spikes. "Power up with Swords Dance, then use Steel Wing!"

That combo move was highly effective, because it managed to take out Cradily in one shot!

"That is a very impressive Skarmory. A very rare steel-type with its green wings." Steven sent out his third Pokémon. "Aggron, you're up!"

"I think I have just the thing." I swapped out Pokémon. "Skarmory, return for now. Claydol, maximize!"

I should have the type advantage here.

"Claydol, use Earth Power!" It landed a super effective critical hit! More than enough to knock out Aggron!

If it wasn't for Aggron's ability of Sturdy, that is. So of course Steven used a Full Restore.

"Claydol, Earth Power again!" Sturdy activated once more.

I had Claydol use Earth Power one more time, but Steven withdrew Aggron! He sent out his Claydol, which was unaffected by the ground-type move!

"Ok, I have something for this, too." I also switched Pokémon. "Claydol, great job, take a rest. Dusknoir, maximize!"

"A clever choice," Steven observed. "Claydol, use Light Screen!"

"That's ok, we'll stick with physical attacks," I responded. "Dusknoir, Shadow Punch!"

"Oh, we'll cover that too," Steven said smugly. "Use Reflect!"

The defensive move deflected our attack slightly.

"Ok, let's try something else. Dusknoir, Confuse Ray!"

"Claydol, Earth Power!" Claydol hit before it was confused. Dusknoir can't take another hit like that. I wish I still had my Shiftry.

"Dusknoir, well done, return for now! Skarmory, come on back out!" Thankfully, Claydol hurt itself in its confusion while I swapped out Pokémon.

"Nice move, but my Claydol still has one more attack," Steven taunted. "Use Extrasensory!"

"Stay strong, Skarmory!" I encouraged my Pokémon. "Use X-Scissor!"

I landed a critical hit on Claydol, but Claydol hung it there!

"Claydol, Extrasensory once more!" This time, the attack caused Skarmory to flinch! The good news is, the Light Screen and Reflect walls are down.

Claydol kept up the pressure with another Extrasensory, and Skarmory was starting to feel the cumulative effect of the attacks, but it managed one more X-Scissor to knock out Claydol!

"Three down!" I exclaimed. "Skarmory, return and take a rest."

Steven sent out his Aggron again, but I had my Claydol finish it quickly with Earth Power.

"Armaldo, let's go!" Steven called out.

"Dusknoir, your turn again!" Out came my Dusk Ball.

"Armaldo, X-Scissor!" Glad I didn't leave Claydol out.

"Dusknoir, hang in there and use Thunder Punch!" I didn't get the paralysis I was hoping for. And one more X-Scissor knocked out Dusknoir.

"Skarmory, let's get them!" My shiny Pokémon took the field. "Use Steel Wing!"

My Pokémon landed a powerful hit.

"Armaldo, Rock Blast!" My weakened Pokémon couldn't take much more. One hit, two hits…

Skarmory hung in there with 1hp left!

"Skarmory, Steel Wing, let's go!" It missed!

"Armaldo, Rock Blast, finish it!" It also missed!

"Steel Wing, one more time!" This time it hit, and knocked it out!

"Time for the final battle," Steven readied his last Poké Ball. "You'll remember my partner, Metagross!"

"And for this battle, I choose… Blaziken. Maximize!"

Steven touched the Key Stone on his lapel, I activated the one on my wrist. It was Mega Blaziken versus Mega Metagross!

"Mega Blaziken, use Blaze Kick!" It was super effective!

"Mega Metagross, use Zen Headbutt!" It was also super effective… and knocked out Mega Blaziken!

"Looks like I might not win this," I said, recalling my Pokémon. "But I'm not giving up! Go, Claydol!"

"Mega Metagross, Giga Impact!" That would have been bad, except… it missed!

"Claydol, quick, use Earth Power!" It landed a super effective hit, but Mega Metagross was hanging in there!

"Giga Impact, again!" Mega Metagross collided into Claydol. I thought it was over, but Claydol was still floating (with 3hp)!

"Claydol, finish this. EARTH POWER!"

It was over. I defeated the Hoenn Champion! (Barely though… two Pokémon left, 1 with 1hp and the other with 3hp!)

"So I, the Champion, fall in defeat again to you." Steven recalled his Pokémon, and bowed towards me. "Just as I have come to expect. Steve, you are truly an excellent Pokémon trainer. Congratulations to you! And thank you. I wanted to learn how you feel about this world, and what kind of ideals you have developed with your Skarmory and other Pokémon. I feel I was able to find the answer in our battle. The feelings you have for your Pokémon, and the way that your Pokémon gave their all in battle in response to those feelings, those two together created a great power. That is how you seized victory today."

I did it! In record time, I completed a regional journey and defeated the Elite Four just 7 months after arriving. Still, there is much for me to do, plus there are still technically three Pokémon left to obtain for the Hoenn Pokédex…

And of course, we earned a ribbon for winning the Hoenn League, so it was added to Skarmory's growing collection!

Hoenn_Champion_Ribbon.png

OffRoadSP

Years
  • WARNING: SPOILERS for the Delta Episode contained in this post.

June 16, 2016

May met me on Route 103, where we had a friendly battle. She obtained a Key Stone and was able to mega evolve her Blaziken, which I was happy to see. Then, I saw what I thought was a shooting star. It came closer, and I found out it wasn't a shooting star at all. We were getting a visit from the mythical Pokémon, Jirachi!

"Jirachi, the Wish Pokémon. Jirachi will awaken from its sleep of a thousand years if it is sung to in a voice of purity. It is said to make true any wish that people desire. A legend states that it will also grant any wish that is written on notes attached to its head when it awakens. If this Pokémon senses danger, it will fight without awakening."

209. Jirachi

How could I not make a wish? I wished to complete my Hoenn Pokédex, so I can begin my dream of completing, for the first time in my life, the National Pokédex.

June 16, 2016

I spent some time in Littleroot Town, visiting with all of my Hoenn Pokémon at Professor Birch's lab. When I left the lab, I ran into a girl who introduced herself as Zinnia. She was a little odd, and also had a little Whismur named Aster traveling with her. She departed quickly. I soon found out why… apparently she attacked May and stole her Key Stone! May wasn't very hurt, but she said that the thief mentioned heading to Petalburg City next.

Once in Petalburg, I found Team Magma Admin Courtney attacking Wally! She was trying to steal his Key Stone! I had Mega Sceptile defeat her Camerupt, and she took off. Wally said thanks for the help, but that it didn't matter, because his Key Stone was already missing! What is going on around here? I better keep a close eye on my Key Stone!

At the Pokémon Center, I checked in and saw that I had earned two more medals for odds and ends, bringing my total for Team Ruby up to 89.

E2-001-4 Fun Great Trade-Up A Medal to commemorate the extraordinary experience of trading Pokémon 100 times by Link Trade. 06/16/2016
    A2-004-4 Adventure Pedaling Legend A Medal given to earthshaking cyclists who have ridden a Bicycle 500 times. 06/16/2016

June 20, 2016

Mauville City was holding special Pokémon Contests all week long. I entered my Skarmory, and it earned an Alert Ribbon!

Alert_Ribbon.png

June 21, 2016

I entered the next Mauville City contest, and Skarmory earned a Shock Ribbon!

Shock_Ribbon.png

Steven Stone called me and asked me to stop by the Devon Corporation in Rustboro. It sounded urgent. When I arrived, his father had informed me that the researchers at the Space Center in Mauville City detected a large asteroid… and it's headed straight for the Hoenn region! The asteroid is big enough to destroy the entire region if it impacts. But they also have a plan to destroy it, but need some meteorite shards to help power their machine. Steven asked if I could stop by Granite Cave outside Dewford Town and take some of the meteorite shards that are near the huge mural that depicts Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre battling in ancient times.

When I arrived at the location of the mural, I encountered Zinnia there as well! She collected the meteorite shard already, but said she would battle me for it! She used Pokémon from the Kalos region as well as Pokémon from Hoenn. She was tough, but my Pokémon were able to win. She handed over the meteorite shard, and left.

I then traveled to Mossdeep City, and found Steven Stone at the Space Center. The scientist there explained their plan to save the region from the asteroid. He said they were going create a rocket that would fire Infinite Energy into space to…

Wait… Infinite Energy? Isn't that the same energy that AZ used to power the Ultimate Weapon in Kalos, which almost brought about the destruction of the entire region? Are they crazy?

Anyway, the scientist went on to say they were planning on warping the asteroid away. They didn't seem concerned with where they were warping it to, though…

Zinnia showed up, and explained that they were about to do something terrible! And, I tend to agree. She didn't seem to be after anything in particular, so she left after chastising everyone.

The scientist said their weapon needed more power, so Steven and I decided to travel to Meteor Falls to find some more. I also expressed my objection to this plan with him. He said that there is another reason we are going to Meteor Falls: to talk to one of the descendants of the Draconids.

We arrived, and deep in the caverns of Meteor Falls we found a small tribe of people who said they were decedents of the ancient dragon-type Pokémon trainers that lived here called the Draconids. Apparently, Zinnia is also a Draconid, but is more notably the Lorekeeper of their tribe. The ancient Draconids foresaw this asteroid that was going to threaten the world, but the knowledge had been passed through the generations to the Lorekeepers as how to prevent it. The elder went on to explain how a meteor that crashed in the site now known as Sootopolis City, brought a power with it that helped the legendary Rayquaza take on a new form that helped put an end to the feud between Pimal Kyogre and Primal Groudon. This was possibly the first occasion of what became known as Mega Evolution.

June 22, 2016

Elsewhere, Zinnia kept busy. She stole Maxie's and Archie's Key Stones. I found Archie, and he gave me his Cameruptite, saying he no longer needed it without his Key Stone. Zinnia also paid a visit to the Mossdeep Space Center, and destroyed the Link Cable that was going to warp the meteor away. Since she was likely going to try to summon Rayquaza, I decided to follow her to Sky Pillar. Wallace, the Gym Leader of Sootopolis City, said he would break the seal on Sky Pillar for me if I could defeat him in a battle. My Skarmory defeated each of his Pokémon (with some Hyper Potions in between), and so the seal on Sky Pillar was broken.

As I climbed Sky Pillar in pursuit of Zinnia, she told me the ancient legend of how Rayquaza saved the world before. (The legend is detailed elsewhere, so I won't repeat nor spoil it here.) We then reached the summit, and she told me a very sad story about Aster (which I won't spoil here either… but that was quite heartbreaking). She then successfully summoned Rayquaza, but it did not have the energy to mega evolve. She thought all was lost, until the Meteorite in my bag began to glow! Apparently, this would be like a Mega Stone to Rayquaza… whoa! It ATE it?? Zinnia suggested I should try to battle and catch it!

…Which was easier than expected! I had Skarmory use Swords Dance three times, then it used a single Steel Wing to weaken Rayquaza significantly. I tossed a single Ultra Ball, and caught it! (No O-Power used! But I had to reset after I screwed up the next part. It was still easy, though I did activate Capture Power 2 before battling.)

"Rayquaza, the Sky High Pokémon. Rayquaza is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years. Legends remain of how it put to rest the clash between Kyogre and Groudon. It flies forever through the ozone layer, consuming meteoroids for sustenance. The many meteoroids in its body provide the energy it needs to mega evolve."

210. Rayquaza

Zinnia touched the Ultra Ball I caught it in, and said that she can teach it a special move that was passed down through her tribe. The move is called Dragon Ascent, a powerful flying-type move. She then wanted to help Rayquaza build its power by battling it! I sent out Rayquaza, and my Key Stone triggered the meteorite inside of it to help it mega evolve! She sent out her dragon-type Pokémon, but a single Dragon Pulse from Mega Rayquaza was all it took to take down each one of her Pokémon. Then she told me to wear the Magma Suit, and ride Mega Rayquaza into space!

Mega Rayquaza

Once in orbit, we saw the meteoroid approaching the planet. I had Mega Rayquaza use Dragon Ascent, and it plowed right through the meteoroid, causing it to explode! As I turned to look at the fragments, I saw an odd triangle emerge from the center of the debris. The triangle started to move as though it was alive! And then, tentacles stuck out from the sides… oh. Of course!

Deoxys!

My wish to Jirachi was coming true! Mega Rayquaza was good match to battle Deoxys. Thankfully, its special attack became weaker after each use of its Psycho Boost. Unfortunately, it also knows Recover, making the task of weakening it much harder. I had Mega Rayquaza use Extreme Speed to weaken it. Deoxys has the special ability of Pressure which only let us use that move a few times. Once Deoxys increased its defense enough with Cosmic Power, we switched to Dragon Pulse. I kept Mega Rayquaza fighting with a few Hyper Potions as needed. It only took less than a dozen Ultra Balls, though, before I could triumphantly yell… I caught Deoxys!

"Deoxys, the DNA Pokémon. Deoxys emerged from a virus that came from space, when its DNA underwent a sudden mutation upon exposure to a laser beam. It is highly intelligent and wields psychokinetic powers. It shoots lasers from the crystalline organ on its chest. This organ appears to be its brain."

211. Deoxys

When I returned to the summit of Sky Pillar, Zinnia was gone. Aster bounced up to me, handed me a letter, and ran away. The letter said that Zinnia left to find her new path in life now that her purpose has been fulfilled.

I collected eight gym badges, defeated the Hoenn League, became Top Coordinator, and completed the Hoenn Pokédex, including both mythical Pokémon.

My Hoenn journey is now complete!

But there's still the matter of the National Pokédex… can I complete that before heading to the Alola region? And what of my shiny Pokémon scattered across other regions? Also, I never did compete in the Johto League… perhaps I should return there?

The journey continues!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back