• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which starter will you pick in ORAS?

• Treecko

Votes: 124 43.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 111 38.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Treecko! My favorite grass-type ever, and dat dragon-type mega tho. I'll use him on OR, and if I get AS I'll take Torchic, as homage to my first time playing Sapphire. Ah, I can't wait for November.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    In the original Ruby, I went with Torchic because...well, because I liked Torchic. Now with the new games, I decided to go for Treeko, mostly due to his new Mega evolution. I've been wanting to do a rain team for a while and while yes Mega Swampert might be the better choice with Swift Swim, I just like the idea of Lightning Rod and Grass Dragon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I was planning on only buying one copy, but I may buy 2 for runthroughs on the other. I really like all three starters for this generation, but my favorite is Mudkip. I'll be picking Mudkip when I start the game, because not only is Swampert a beast but Mega Swampert looks epic as well! What I'm hoping for is that we cna choose another starter later on like we were able to in Pokemon X/Y.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Mudkip for Alpha Sapphire, Treecko for Omega Ruby. Just like I did with the originals. The fact that I can get Torchic's Mega Stone from my X game has nothing to do with my decision. I just don't like Fire/Fighting as a type combination, so Torchic is completely out of the picture for my Alpha Sapphire game and will have to wait for at least my second playthrough of Omega Ruby.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2014
    I have bred a 5 iv adamant speed boost Torchick for Omega Ruby, i don't know if i'm going to EV train them already or wait.
    When i can i will transfer Torchick over, i don't have blazikenite so i'm happy i can still get a speed boot mega Blaziken.
    I will breed 5 other, minimum 5 or 6 IV pokemon i will take on my journey through Hoenn.

tnfsf11

It's either a team of starters or a team of non-starters for me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2019
    Mudkip. It was my first choice, and I have a tendency to choose the Water starter anyway. Except in Pokémon X, where I choose Chespin and Squirtle.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    Torchic was my starter in Sapphire and Emerald, so I'm going with it again this time around too. I like birds and Blaziken is one of my favorite designs <3

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Toughest choice. Treeko wins for in game mode.

Mudkip might be better online though... I got this rain dance team...

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I'm starting off with Alpha Sapphire (I had Sapphire originally) and though I usually pick the fire-type as a starter, this time around I'll go with Mudkip because I have already used Blaziken and its mega in XY. Then when I pick up Ruby eventually I'll choose Treecko.

Years
  • I have enough of Torchic and Blaziken in general from X, I don't like grass types much, so I'll probably go with Mudkip, will be useful to solo first 4 gyms easily :)

Dr. Wiggles

Free Thinker
    Years
  • Treecko was so bad in gen 3. I do believe single typing would be a better choice down the stretch in current gen.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • Hmm...I generally like Torchic (and its evolutions) best, but I already kind of used it as a starter in Y, so probably Mudkip. Treecko really isn't great.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    Why is Torchic so unpopular in this poll? Not that I like Torchic or anything, but still. I thought Mega Blaziken was the coolest thing to every1 in the Pokemon Community.

Years
  • I can't wait to literally Blaze my way through AS with Torchic. I haven't played x/y yet (but might play a potential sequel) and am looking forward to using mega's in game for the first time, especially for blaziken. I know I can use only blaziken to get through the entire game on sapphire, with a little help from kyogre in e4, and will probably do it this time around too.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Torchic is unpopular in this poll since a lot of people have used it in a starter for X/Y.

I'll be transfering over a Torchic and a Squirtle so I'll be picking Treeko.

Back