• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which starter will you pick in ORAS?

• Treecko

Votes: 124 43.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 111 38.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • This is a difficult choice for me. I'd really like to have all three lol. When I had Pokemon Ruby I picked Torchic. I think I'll go with Torchic again because I haven't played with Mega Blaziken before. I think I'd regret it if I didn't pick Torchic.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    I must admit this one is actually a rather tough choice for me. I might end up having to roll a dice to decide on which starter to grab for this generation, or I might just grab mudkip, or torchic.

~cleaskulty~

It's contagious
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2015
    I'm pretty sure I'm getting treecko, and I'll go with mudkip later. I love Torchic too, but I'm honestly not a huge fan of Blaziken.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I was a bit hard for me to choose, since the Gen III starters are my favorite generation of starters, but I've decided on Treecko. As much as I like Blaziken, there was the whole thing with the Torchic+Blazikenite in X/Y, and it's the starter I've used the most in Hoenn.

As for Swampert, I'm just about to finish a Water monotype run on my Ruby, so using it again so soon might not be so fun. It's been a while since I've used a Sceptile anyway, and its Mega is pretty nice. I suppose that's a bit unfair to Team Aqua, but oh well....

....I'm so mean to Team Magma and Team Aqua.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I had no "I'm going to choose...!" feelings going into this game, so when I got to the part where I chose my Pokémon, I just went with my gut and chose Mudkip.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • I chose treecko in A.S. and i will be choosing mudkip in O.R. because i have plenty of torchics i can trade over when i feel the need for one. Also i chose treecko because i feel most people will be choosing torchic for blaziken.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    considering I always loved the way swampert looked, and it was the first pokémon I owned to reach lvl. 100, I'll definitely go with mudkip. Also, his Mega Evolution looks pretty sweet, while I think the others look a bit too "accessorized".

Years
  • Ultimately, I went back on my decision and decided to go with Mudkip for my starter in Omega Ruby (which will be my main game). Although I feel that can mostly be owed to the fact that it can use both Surf and Waterfall, making the need for those HMs less of a hassle. But part of me wanted to go with Treecko instead...

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'm assuming you encounter one of the three legendary gen 2 dogs depending on what start you pick. If anyone has gotten this far, can you tell me who to pick at a start to encounter Suicune later on? Sending me a PM would help a lot as I want to avoid spoilers.

Agenta

General Breeder
    Years
  • I went with mud over torchic due to the fact I'm lazy and don't want to switch my pokemon just to use fly. Unless they fixed that in some length since I took a break after plat.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Went with Treecko in AS and will likely choose Mudkip when I start OR. I'm not 100% set on Mudkip though because I hate how pretty much all of the water or ground moves it gets leveling up are special based. I still want to give Mega Swampert a try though so I might look past it.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Torchic, love Blaziken personally.

Though I always find myself picking the fire starter, even in gen 5, but I did replace it with a Torchic...
    Not a fan of firepig.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I've already planned on going for Treecko, as I'm planning on getting some bred 'mons from Y. Besides, I've already got Torchic (from that event at X/Y's release) & Mudkip as well (from Wonder Trade, of all things.)

Back