• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trick Room team help?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    -text idc about-

Oh right, and there is NO way I'm putting a Life Orb on Octillery xD high-powered Water Spout ftw.

-more text-

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Life Orb Powers up all his moves 1.2x as much. Mystic Water does 1.1x to just Water-Type moves, so Life Orb is the better option for damage output.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Yeah I guess, but the advantage of having your other moves boosted definately is worth the trade-off imo.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I never iked trick room teams, but here goes.

First of all, if this is a trick room tem, there is absolutely no need for rain dance on Zong. Use Stealth Rock > Rain Dance and use Gyro Ball/Earthquake > Protect. It doesn't do you anything good. Also replace the item with Leftovers. Also consider Hypnosis > Explosion

Also as Gamer said, you're going to need something to sweep other teams after the trick room is over. I'd suggest Lucario since you have a general tier weakness lol

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Crunch/Ice Punch

Octillery just sucks, especially when you're playing OU, but if you insist on using it, change Protect and Charge Beam to Surf and Energy Ball.

If you're going to be plying trick room, then more than one pokemon has to be able to get trick room up, because if Zong goes, then you're just [insert bad word here]. Abomasnow isn't doing anything here, so use Slowbro over it.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Trait: Own Tempo
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Trick Room
    - Slack Off
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam/Psychic/HP Electric

If you're going with Gamer's idea and using Curselax, change the EV spread to 168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD which is standard. Also consider using Fire Punch or Earthquake > Crunch if you ever have trouble with Steel types.

No idea what Dunsparce is doing, but dusknoir wouldn't be half bad on this team, but use this set.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Trick Room
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Sneak

The aim of a trick room team is to keep the trick room up as long as possible, so you can't use only one Pokemon with Trick Room to support the whole team. After adding my updates, your team should look like this.

Lead Zong
    SD Lucario
    Octillery lol
    Slowbro
    Curselax
    Sucknoir

There are still some weaks in there, but I'll let someone else suss them out, because they're better than me.

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
    Lucario = OU. ew. i said that ill have 2 trick roomers so everything will be slow =) Octillery uses a move that OHKO's practically everything that doesnt resist it, with Rain Dance provided in the same turn right before it for absolute maximum power. Abomasnow is terrible, so I'll get rid of it. I'll replace Charge Beam on Octo with Energy Ball. I'm gonna take Gamer's Life Orb advice for even more power on the 1st Water Spout. I'm DEFINITELY not using Surf, due to ally damage which no one resists. Protect on Bronzong is to prevent OHKO from fire types, and I already tried Stealth Rock on it, but it totally sucked. The Macho Brace I'm keeping because Bronzong absolutely has to go first every turn.
    Sorry dude, I agree with everyone xept you (:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Lucario = OU. ew.

That is terrible logic. Its OU because it is one of the best pokemon in the game. You have a total of 10 turns to use Trick Room, this assumes you use them to max efficiency. Lucario with one Swords Dance decimates like, 97% of the entire pokemon world. You will not, and I repeat will NOT be able to just rely on trick room to sweep. Your entire strategy gets shut down by this:

Pokemon used Taunt.

You must, must, must be prepared for any situation, including *gasp* you aren't in Trick Room.

Also, for the record, Dusknior, Bronzong and Snorlax are all OU.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Lucario = OU. ew. i said that ill have 2 trick roomers so everything will be slow =) Octillery uses a move that OHKO's practically everything that doesnt resist it, with Rain Dance provided in the same turn right before it for absolute maximum power. Abomasnow is terrible, so I'll get rid of it. I'll replace Charge Beam on Octo with Energy Ball. I'm gonna take Gamer's Life Orb advice for even more power on the 1st Water Spout. I'm DEFINITELY not using Surf, due to ally damage which no one resists. Protect on Bronzong is to prevent OHKO from fire types, and I already tried Stealth Rock on it, but it totally sucked. The Macho Brace I'm keeping because Bronzong absolutely has to go first every turn.
    Sorry dude, I agree with everyone xept you (:
    Wut?

With proper EV investment, Bronzong will most likely never be OHKO'd be a fire type move.

You don't need Rain Dance on Bronzong to boost the power of one Pokemon. If you're going to use Rain Dance, make a team based on Rain Dance. You need Stealth Rock to rack up the most damage possible. Also Macho Brace is only if you use Gyro Ball to get the most power out of it. you need Leftovers on Zong

Your Octillery NEEDS Surf, as it's probably the most reliable water move in the game, and plus, most people will play singles, not doubles.

You really need more Trick Room support, not just Zong and Sucknoir. Once they're gone, you're out, and that's why you need Lucario on your team.

[/rant]

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Couple of things about this thread...

1. Not using a Pokemon because its OU is dumb. It severely limits your team.

2. No HP evs on Dusknoir (if you use it, just a warning) = Roflcake. You gain MORE defensive ability with max hp than you do by maxing out both defenses.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, use Giga Impact on any pokemon unless its name is Slaking.
    Even then it sucks. Giving a Pokemon a totally turn of set up (2 if you switch) is asking to get swept.

4. Stealth Rock is THE best move in the game, period. No questions asked. It helps you ensure KO's, keeps offensive giants like Gyarados, Mence and Zapdos (who walls your whole team pretty much, though you have Curselax now so thats good) in check and turns 2hko's into OHKO's, 3HKO's into 2HKO's etc etc. Salamence and Gyarados aare both massive issues though.

5. Protect on everything in TR is dumb. Yay lets waste turns of an already low turn field effect. >_>

6. Bronzong is OHKO'd by both fire types in ou and takes critical damage from everything else that uses fire moves (i.e 85%~ from MixMence [Sassy Zong btw]).

Also I dont even see why you would use "protect saves me from fire types" as logic, because it isnt logical at all when you have a Thick Fat Snorlax and an Octillery on the team lol. :/

But yes you need something that doesn't rely on trick room to revenge kill or you will get swept by anything that sets up on the turn TR ends.

Last edited:

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
    Couple of things about this thread...

1. Not using a Pokemon because its OU is dumb. It severely limits your team.

Very true, and I also have Bronzong and Snorlax and Dusknoir >.<

2. No HP evs on Dusknoir (if you use it, just a warning) = Roflcake. You gain MORE defensive ability with max hp than you do by maxing out both defenses.

Thanks, that's definitely good to know ^^

4. Stealth Rock is THE best move in the game, period. no questions asked. It helps you ensure KO's, keeps offensive giants like Gyarados, Mence and Zapdos (who walls your whole team pretty much, though you have Curselax now so thats good) in check and turns 2hko's into OHKO's, 3HKO's into 2HKO's etc etc.

Yeah I tried using it on PBR, but it gave the opponent a chance to blast Bronzong away with a fire move =o i should work on that.

5. Protect on everything in TR is dumb. Yay lets waste turns of an already low turn field effect. >_>

True, it's a waste for a move spot just for the one time a teammate explodes.

Back