• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Tries to Beat Elite 4

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
  • In Platinum I beat the E4 the first time. I again beat it a third time few days ago with two Lv. 100's in my party (Honchkrow and Crobat). Cynthia's Garchomp was a problem, but Crobat took it down, which is why I put it in my party, because I found out Crobat was just a little bit quicker than Garchomp. (Well, it IS Lv. 100...)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I destroyed them the first time with Infernape, Garchomp and Gyarados mainly, all were Level 60 plus.

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • once.

just like what i did with the rest of my pokemon game.

because all you need to beat the elite4 are just a TON of healing items+elixir (hidden items FTW)

and i never bother with battling wild pokemon for in-game walkthrough (except for pokedex's sake).... i think those NPC give enough exp. just to beat the elite4... ;D

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I beat it on my first try for most of my games (including D/P/P). I do recall having problems in Gold, though, mainly because I was trying to do it with an underleveled Totodile (I didn't want to evolve it) and a couple of level 7 Hoothoots. In the newer games, though, I've never had problems.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    First try in Platinum I believe..? Simply cause I stocked up on a ton of recovery items haha;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Always one, except for when I was a kid and I lost many times in Yellow :P

The E4 has always been rather easy. They seem to get easier and easier actually...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The Elite Four took me about 2 or 3 tries.. but I ended up fighting them more like 10 times, with the other 7 being caused by issues with freaking Cynthia. D; Feels like it took me forever to beat her.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I usually beat them on the first try only time I didnt was in pearl the first time i got to the E4 and didnt know what pokes they had back then , also I made the mistake of having 6 pokes in my party which made them more low leveled than the e4.

So now days I always use only 3-4 pokes on my DPPt runs to not be underleveled

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • Just the once in Diamond and once in Platinum, In Diamond I had Empoleon, Electivire, Staraptor, Luxray and Dialga (even though I hate using legendaries, I just wanted to get all the best Pokemon I could for it.) I'm not going to say I breezed through it but I made it eventually :D loads of full restores and revives though haha.

Nightrider434343

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    I beat the elite four the first try, my highest level pokemon was at lv. 54! I kinda forgot how it happened, either dumb luck or an extreme amount of revives and ethers.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Diamond: . . . neh, about three times, iirc. It was a while ago.

Platinum: First shot, easy.

SoulSilver: Second try. Admittedly, the first was just a trial run. I didn't even heal before going in, and I resetted when I lost, so . . . I went and traded some help over. Two level fifty-somethings is all. It was still hard, but I managed to win.

Izzy_

Breeder-in-Training
    Years
  • I beat them on my second try. The goal with the first attempt was never to beat them in the first place, but to complete my Pokedex. After, I used the Pal Park to bring across my Kyogre, etc. and then I beat them

Back