• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Eh. What the heck. After being back on PC for a while, I might as well.

I'll be using an Emerald Emulator and I'll use...

-Ralts
    -Torchic
    -Magikarp

Mkay?

Oh. And no text updating. I'll just record in ten-minute sessions and upload to YouTube.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Good day everybody. I bring you my 3rd update. I've done more of Level-Grinding Seedot for it to evolve. First, I ran through Petalburg Forest attacking each bug with Bide! I hate it! Seedot almost fainted once, good thing a brought a Potion. I still have to go back to Petalburg to heal. Around this time, I decided to swap Mightyena with Manectric and Ninjask with Swellow. I decided to go for the swap since its a much better team. After getting out of that forest I went to fetch Bullet Seed TM. I used it on Seedot and boom!

Seedot = Bullet Seed Machine

Now when I got to Rustoboro I went to level up Seedot because he was around Lv. 13 that time, I also boxed HMSlave01, aka Mudkip. After Seedot evolved, I went to the Gym and smashed the Gym Trainers unmercifully. I went for a quick heal and faced Roxanne. The fight between the Dudes were easy. The fight between Nosepass; the Nose Monster, wasn't very easy. I survived him anyways, and now I have myself a badge!

Team:

Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Nuzleaf/Nuzleaf Lv. 17 @nothing
    Attacks/Moves: Bide; Growth; Nature Power; Bullet Seed
    Bullet Seed is a great addition to his moveset. Note that this is not the last of their nickies. I'm going to change it later.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

@
    Designation Leader = I'll add you now.
    @Fire Wolf = Changed!

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    So, I'll bring an update too here.
    I've reached Mauville, to challenge Wattson. He'll be hell without Flamethrower on Loudred...
    Team:

Seeder/Grovyle m.
    Level 24/Rash Nature
    ~ Rock Tomb
    ~ Quick Attack
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Absorb
    MVP till yet, OHKO'd rival's Combusken with Quick Attack crit. Awesome, has great coverage.

ShutUp/Loudred m.
    Level 20/Quirky Nature
    ~ Pound
    ~ Uproar
    ~ Howl
    ~ Astonish
    It's NNed ShutUp because since it's pretty loud, Uproar handles most stuff and the rest are fillers. Need Flamethrower desperately, it is for $70000 and I have just $28000. Good I have Zigzagoon.

Annoyer/Golbat m.
    Level 22/Hasty Nature
    ~ Bite
    ~ Astonish
    ~ Wing Attack
    ~ Supersonic
    NNed Annoyer, since Zubat/Golbat annoy most people, Bite handles most stuff, Wing Attack is more than useful, Supersonic is rarely used and Astonish is a filler, I didn't want the sucking Leech Life.

I also did some research, and got all the movesets for my team:
    Crobat: Aerial Ace, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball
    Sceptile: Brick Break, Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Return
    Exploud: Shock Wave, Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Flamethrower
    So, anyone want to improve the movesets?

Years
    Since my last update, i defeated the next 2 gyms and cleared all the water routes and the routes around Fuschia. I also caught Zapdos (with Master Ball, i was too lazy do catch it with regular methods), and in total i now have caught 55 Pokemon, so there are just 5 left for the National Dex, i think i'll get them in Cinnabar Mansion (Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Ponyta), which is my next destination.
    Team hasn't changed a lot. Hypno has learned Calm Mind over Hypnosis and all are in the low 50s. I still don't have any better moves for Victreebel and no item for Primeape.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Hmm, I think I'll do this on Leafgreen.
    ~ Raticate
    ~ Primeape
    ~ Butterfree

Yessir. Sign me up.

Years
    I beat the Elite 4 now.
    Blaine and Giovanni were both easy, Hypno CM-swept Blaine and Victreebel and Hypno OHKOd each of Giovanni's Pokemon. And got the EQ TM now, so i could finally replace Primeape's Dig with EQ, which is a major improvement, especially against anything that learns EQ, Magnitude or Protect.
    Victory Road was easy, only Victreebel died once, getting hit by a Psychic crit when already weakened by a Mr.Mime after a missed Sleep Powder.
    Lorelei's team happened to die the same way as Blaine, with the difference that Victreebel put Dewgong to sleep before Hypno set up.
    Bruno was -as always- easy, only Machamp caused some trouble, i accidentally didn't switch Primeape out after KOing the Hitmons (which both have a lot more Sp.Def than Def), CC did quite a lot, leaving it with about half HP. The onixes died of course against Victreebel.
    Agatha was the easiest, she didn't attack once. The last gengar outspeeded Hypno, but it used Hypnosis, too bad Hypno's ablility is Insomnia...
    Lance was the hardest. Victreebel took care of the Gyarados and even managed to beat Aerodactyl, but lost a huge amount of health against it.
    Dragonite easily got beaten by Primeape, but the Dragonairs both survived a hit. The first used Dragon Rage, the 40 damage didn't really hurt, but the second used Outrage and KOd Primeape. Victreebel killed it.
    After healing Victreebell with a Hyper Potion and Primeape with a revive, it was time to defeat my rival again. Pidgeot caused some minor trouble, but Primeape beat it. Gyarados was easier than Lance's one, this time I put it to sleep and OHKOd with Primeape instead of spamming Razor Leaf. Next was Alakazam, Hypno set up on it and swept it, Arcanine and Venusaur... But then, against Rhydon, Psychic was out of PP (it already has 2 PP Ups on it, but apparently it's still not enough...), and Brick Break could barely 4HKO it, but Hypno didn't like to take too many EQs from Rhydon. So i switched in Victreebel, it barely survived with something like 15 HP and KOd with Razor Leaf.

1st Hall of Fame team:

Wrath / Primeape f Lv.65 @ /
    Jolly Nature / Vital Spirit
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Earthquake
    Good attack and speed and lackluster defensive stats make Primeape the typical Glass Cannon sweeper, and it's pretty good at that, but bulky things like Machamp give it some major trouble.

Gluttony / Victreebel m Lv.66 @ Leftovers
    Hardy Nature / Chlorophyll
    ~ Razor Leaf
    ~ Acid
    ~ Secret Power
    ~ Sleep Powder
    I'll be getting Sludge Bomb soon (FINALLY), and i still have no idea what to replace Secret Power with. Any suggestions?
    Mainly there for sleep support and beating bulky waters.

Pedophile / Hypno m Lv.66 @ Leftovers
    Sassy Nature / Insomnia
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Psychic
    CM makes Hypno something like Blissey light, it can take a ton of special hits, but doesn't really like physical ones, but luckily doesn't die as fast from them as Blissey. Probably my MVP up to now.

Years
    I already this progress yesterday, but it got deleted:
    I finished Sevii Islands and am now trying to beat the second Elite 4 round, but i can't beat Agatha, the Gengars destroy me. Looks like I have to lose (I saved after Bruno), level up some more and then try again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I'll get in on this, only if I can use Growlithe (which if I remember isn't before rock tunnel) :(

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Been looking for an excuse to play through Emerald again.
    I'll take Torchic, Taillow and Roselia.

Update will come when I somehow beat Roxanne.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Haha... Sorry it's been a while since I last posted anything xD; I honestly have made no progress since my last update, but I'll try and update sometime later in the week. Now that it's winter break I should hopefully have a bit more time lol.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Ey everybody! I'd give more updates once I beat Brawly - still grinding my Nuzleaf and trying to capture an HM Slave Zigzagoon. I also caught a Tailow :3

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

@Akeraz - Added!

Last edited:

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    I would like to try this! It seems fun!
    Pokemon Emerald: Blaziken,Ludicolo, and Exploud.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I added both Chary and WKnite.

One small update: Not really an updated :3

I'm on a new laptop, which is mine! Lol, the old one belongs to my mom. There are still lots to reinstall.
    My game is also canceled, I'm restarting though, for the mean time - I'm out of the competitor list.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
    Yo, I'll try this, but turn it into a monotype aswell.

Pokemon: Beedrill, Butterfree and Parasect.

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    Can you put me down for this challange? I've always wanted to try something special for once :D

Pokemon FireRed: Pikachu, Clefairy (always trained Clefable so I wanna do it as a clefairy), Oddish

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I'm currently on my PSP's net browser, and its slow so I'll add you both when I get back on my laptop. :p

Years
    Started. Decided to play as a female. Name: JennaRival: Felixstarter: Squirtle (Nickname: Leonardo)Beat Felix in first battleGot pokedexLevel Grinded and caught a weedle (Nicknamed Ace), then level grinded that to level 14. Beat brock with ease.Went towards pokemon league and destroyed Felix. Headed towards mount moon leaving as many trainers unbattled as possible. Caught Jigglypuff. Currently level grinding my JigglypuffCurrent TeamJigglypuff LV9 F"Ace" Beedrill LV16 M"Leonardo" Wartortle LV17 M

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back