• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2013
    Update! I'm not really good with long updates, so it will be a quicky.

Swampert and Lombre turns out to be a pretty solid team. Together they have beaten Brawly, and just now they did Wattson too. Gonna call it quits for tonight.

Swampert(Squishy)
    Lv. 29
    Bashful
    -Mud Shot
    -Water Gun
    -Tackle
    -Mud Slap

Lombre
    Lv. 28
    Adamant
    -Astonish
    -Fury Swipes
    -Absorb
    -Nature Power

Gonna get my Jigglypuff soon :D

Years
  • I choose Ruby Version and the pokemon I will use are Blaziken, Kadabra, and Skarmory. Getting past the first gym is oing to be hard =P.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I choose Ruby Version and the pokemon I will use are Blaziken, Kadabra, and Skarmory. Getting past the first gym is oing to be hard =P.

The first gym will be easy! Just evolve Torchic before you battle Roxanne and use Double Kick all the way!
    Anyways, you're added.

Years
  • Update #1:

Otay! I restarted Ruby Version and do story stuff. I got torchic and named him Crispy.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Current Progress

(April 16th, 2010)

• With my Signature Challenge Userbar completed, there's nothing holding me back from entering this Challenge. I boot up my Emerald ROM on VisualBoyAdvance, and I'm ready to go!
    • Boot up ITunes, because I enjoy listening to Rock & Roll while I play Pokémon. It's just one of those strange quirks of mine.
    • Named my character Arcelio, started up my clock (which sucks, because it refuses to run with the VBA's installed Real Time Clock function), and retrieved the usual Potion from Item Storage.
    • Met May, went off to Route 101, saved Prof. Birch from a Wild Zigzagoon (after choosing Mudkip as my Starter Pokémon), and ran off to Route 101 and Oldale Town.
    • Decided to do some good, old-fashioned Level Grinding on Route 101. Got Mudkip up to Level 7 (and learned Mud-Slap) before being forced to go to the Pokémon Center upon reaching Oldale Town.
    • Ran to Route 103, and immediately challenged May, sure that I would defeat her Treecko easily.
    • Trounced May with Mudkip's Tackle attack, and reached Level 8.
    • Did some more Grinding on Route 103, and attained Level 9 with the defeat of a Poochyena.
    • Got distracted reading a 'Let's Play!' for Pokémon Firered. Damn distractions… I swear, they'll be the death of me.
    • Got un-sidetracked, which is extremely difficult, considering how hard I was laughing. I almost completely forgot that I was looking for a R/S/E Strategy Guide.
    • Got distracted again, after realizing that I had yet to read the newest chapters of the Mangas BLEACH, Naruto, Bakuman, and Fairy Tail. BRB, Manga.
    • Finally downloaded the Pokémon Emerald Strategy Guide, but got distracted once more by the 'Game Development' section…
    • I have returned from my adventures on the Internetz. I apologize for the delay.
    • My Mudkip completely wrecks a Wild Poochyena, gains a Level (Level 10), and learns Water Gun!
    • Finally returned to Oldale Town, only for May to yell at me that we're going back home. How mean!
    • Made it back to the Lab with no problems, and May gave me back my Balls (Pokéballs…).
    • Caught a Wild Zigzagoon, to abuse its Pickup ability throughout the game.
    • On my return to Oldale Town, I spoke to the Pokémart Representative and received a free Potion. Awesome!
    • Healed up at the Pokémon Center, and entered Route 102. Such a shame that I didn't choose Ralts, Poochyena, and Shroomish as my three Pokémon. I could have collected all three of them by now, and trained them to a respectable Level. Oh well, maybe next time.
    • Defeated every trainer on Route 102, grabbed the berries, and nabbed the Potion at the bottom of the map. During the trainer battles, Mudkip advanced another two Levels (Level 12). Looks like, with the way things are going, Mudkip'll be evolving at the next Gym.
    • During a battle with a Wild Zigzagoon, my own Zigzagoon decided to pick up a Great Ball. Great job, Zigzagoon!
    • Entered Petalburg City, and helped Wally acquire a Ralts, then this weird guy starts asking me about why my clothes aren't dirty, or something stalker-ish like that. Creepy…
    • Beat all the trainers on the Route 104 beach, then defeated Cindy as well, and finished out the area by stealing the berries.
    • Entered Petalburg Woods. Time to catch me a Shroomish!
    • Found a Shroomish. Little bastard put me to Sleep using its Effect Spore. Caught it anyway, and decided not to nickname him.
    • Found a hidden Potion on the left side of Petalburg Woods, then left to head back to the Pokémon Center to heal up Mudkip and Shroomish, but not before finding another Pokéball outside of the Woods, and then took the newly picked up X Attack from my Zigzagoon. Mudkip gained two more Levels in the Woods (Level 14).
    • Warded off a Team Aqua Grunt, got a Great Ball as a gift, and Leveled-Up Shroomish twice against a Trainer battle against two Nincada (Level 8).
    • Raided Route 104 for berries, including the Pretty Petal Flower Shop, defeated all the Trainers, and ran to Rustboro for healing. Shroomish gained another two Levels during the battles (Level10) and Mudkip gained a Level (Level 15).
    • After healing at the Pokémon Center, I made a beeline to the Gym, bowling over Gym Trainer after Gym Trainer in my wake. Finally reached Roxanne, and challenged her Rock-type Pokémon with my Shroomish and Mudkip. While battling the Gym Trainers, Shroomish gained another two Levels (Level 12).
    • Through the use of Stun Spore, Leech Seed, and Absorb, not only did my Shroomish defeat every one of Roxanne's Pokémon, he Leveled-Up three times (Level 15)!
    • Returned to the PokéCenter for a well-deserved healing, saved my game, and ended the Challenge for the night.
    Personal Thoughts: Great start so far. I caught Shroomish with minimal effort and searching, which is great. Level Grinding is coming along quite well, and all that's left is to collect my Electrike for the third and final member of the team. Sadly, that'll have to wait until Route 110.

Current Team:

Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Name: Mudkip
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap, Water Gun
    Level: 15

Name: Shroomish
    Attacks: Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
    Level: 15

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I've edited the first post everyone, and reorganized the rules. I also added a new rule and removed everyone in the old competitors list for not updating. Ehh, I'll edit this post for an update later.

Years
  • Update #2:

I trained Crispy to lvl 16 and evolved him. I beat Roxanne without a scratch.

Current Team:
    :t256:Crispy(Combusken) lvl 19
    Scratch
    Peck
    Double Kick
    Ember

Current Badges:
    Stone Badge

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Update! I'm not really good with long updates, so it will be a quicky.

Swampert and Lombre turns out to be a pretty solid team. Together they have beaten Brawly, and just now they did Wattson too. Gonna call it quits for tonight.

Swampert(Squishy)
    Lv. 29
    Bashful
    -Mud Shot
    -Water Gun
    -Tackle
    -Mud Slap

Lombre
    Lv. 28
    Adamant
    -Astonish
    -Fury Swipes
    -Absorb
    -Nature Power

Gonna get my Jigglypuff soon :D
    off topic: How is bolded part possible without hacking?
    on topic: I'll do this challenge, with Sceptile, Exploud and Crobat, I have my save file so get me back on the list :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2013

off topic: How is bolded part possible without hacking?
    on topic: I'll do this challenge, with Sceptile, Exploud and Crobat, I have my save file so get me back on the list :D

Doh, of course i wrote it incorrectly, a stupid habit of mine. >.< I meant Marshtomp of course, not Swampert.

Anyway, another update.

Marshtomp evolved today atleast, during the fight against Flannery. Decided to turn off after that, so i'll continue tomorrow.

Swampert
    Lv. 37
    -Mud Shot
    -Water Gun
    -Take Down
    -Mud Slap

Lombre
    Lv. 36
    -Astonish
    -Fury Swipes
    -Absorb
    -Nature Power

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Current Progress

(April 17 2010)

• Well, after creating at least four Userbars for various hacks, I'm finally ready to start up the Challenge again.
    • Started up VisualBoyAdvance, Emerald ROM already set in. Watch the usual opening, hit CONTINUE, and began.
    • Threw my Volume switch on my laptop to maximum, and boot up iTunes.
    • Took a Potion that my Zigzagoon picked up (For anyone wondering, I don't include Zigzagoon on the 'Current Team' list, because he's not really part of the team. He's just there to pick up items and use HMs.)
    • Went north from Rustboro and grabbed a Super Potion on Route 15. Now, to help the Devon Corporation.
    • After a battle with a Bug Catcher, Mudkip evolved after gaining a Level during the battle (Level 16), into a Marshtomp. Upon Leveling-Up, I deleted Mud-Slap to make room for Mud Shot.
    • After battling every Trainer I could, I entered Rusturf Tunnel. That's such a stupid name, 'Rusturf'. Seriously Game_Freak, use better names. Oh yeah, Shroomish Leveled-Up again (Level 16), and learned Mega Drain (I got rid of Absorb). I nabbed the X Special on the side of the Tunnel though.
    • Snatched the Pokeball in Rusturf Tunnel, battled the Team Aqua Grunt, won, and returned Peeko to Mr. Briney. Shroomish gained another Level during the Team Aqua Grunt battle (Level 17). Zigzagoon picked up a Super Potion throughout all the commotion.
    • Got yet another Great Ball from the Devon Employee, met Mr. Stone, and received the PokeNav, as well as the task of of being a deliveryboy. I could have sworn I signed up to be a Pokemon Master, not deliver things.
    • Ransacked everything of use in Rustboro, including the Apartments, and the Cutter's House (Yay, HM 01! If only Cut didn't suck so badly...). Registered May in my PokeNav, then easily defeated her in battle. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!
    • Taught HM 01 (Cut) to Zigzagoon, took his X Attack, then left off to Mr. Briney's house.
    • Realized there are more Trainers on Route 116, after cutting down the trees, so I backtracked.
    • Thoroughly defeated every Trainer left, because their noobishness angered me.
    • Entered Petalburg Woods, cut down a tree (and sped up global warming), got a free Miracle Seed (which the game refuses to allow me to plant), got another Great Ball, another X Attack, and Zigzagoon picked up an Escape Rope.
    • Got to Mr. Briney's house without any problems, and took a fun boat ride to Dewford Town.
    • Entered Dewford Cave after healing at the PokeCenter, because Flash is for noobs that haven't memorized maps.
    • Found Steven, got the Steel Wing TM (which I'll never use, since none of the three Pokemon I chose have wings), and left Dewford Cave. TO THE CHOPPA! I mean Gym. Yeah... Gym.
    • Tracked down every Trainer inside Dewford Gym, and defeated all of them using Shroomish. Returned to the PokeCenter for some healing, then ran back to battle Brawly.
    • Broke Brawly in a quick Pokemon battle, making this the first time that I've ever battled Brawly without using a Pokemon that knew Wing Attack (Taillow, Wingull).
    Current Team:

Name: Marshtomp
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Mud Shot, Water Gun
    Level: 18

Name: Shroomish
    Attacks: Mega Drain, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
    Level: 20

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Well, it's been a while!

As you remember, I chose Torchic, Ralts, and Aron's final stages. Well, here's the major events!

Got Torchic.
    Grinded Torchic to level 20, getting 4 trace ralts. Adamant, Docile, Jolly, and Brave. :/ I took the Jolly one. Torchic is Flambe and Ralts is Psycodeath
    Played a lot more.
    Caught ZOD the Aron. KNEEEEL BEFORE ZOD!
    Beat up a bunch of people.
    Got a bunch of evolutions.
    Got to the weather instatute.

CURRENT TEAM:

Flambe the Blazekin, level 41
    (Neutral nature)
    Flamethrower
    Double Kick
    Quick Attack
    Bulk Up.

Flambe is awesome, eh, kills pokemon and doesn't afraid of anything.

Psycodeath the Gardevoir, level 42
    Jolly
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Calm Mind
    Double Team.

Took me AGES to find a Trace Ralts, but it was worth it. Psycodeath happens to be the only female on the team, but that's cause Starters are usually male and Zod HAD to be male to fit the name.

Zod the Aggron, level 42.
    Impish
    Iron Tail
    Rock Tomb
    Take Down (Since it has Rock Head...)
    Mud Slap.

KNEEEEEEL BEFORE ZOD! Zod is awesomely cool.

EDIT: How is my team Electrode, Tentacruel, and Charizard? Explinations would help. :/

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Well, it's been a while!

As you remember, I chose Torchic, Ralts, and Aron's final stages. Well, here's the major events!

Got Torchic.
    Grinded Torchic to level 20, getting 4 trace ralts. Adamant, Docile, Jolly, and Brave. :/ I took the Jolly one. Torchic is Flambe and Ralts is Psycodeath
    Played a lot more.
    Caught ZOD the Aron. KNEEEEL BEFORE ZOD!
    Beat up a bunch of people.
    Got a bunch of evolutions.
    Got to the weather instatute.

CURRENT TEAM:

Flambe the Blazekin, level 41
    (Neutral nature)
    Flamethrower
    Double Kick
    Quick Attack
    Bulk Up.

Flambe is awesome, eh, kills pokemon and doesn't afraid of anything.

Psycodeath the Gardevoir, level 42
    Jolly
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Calm Mind
    Double Team.

Took me AGES to find a Trace Ralts, but it was worth it. Psycodeath happens to be the only female on the team, but that's cause Starters are usually male and Zod HAD to be male to fit the name.

Zod the Aggron, level 42.
    Impish
    Iron Tail
    Rock Tomb
    Take Down (Since it has Rock Head...)
    Mud Slap.

KNEEEEEEL BEFORE ZOD! Zod is awesomely cool.

EDIT: How is my team Electrode, Tentacruel, and Charizard? Explinations would help. :/

My apologies. I copied the wrong team. :'<
    Editing.

Kiger Mustang

NOW UNDER USERNAME " SWEED "
    Years
  • Kiger's Emerald Triospecies Challenge: Update #1
    Planned Team:

- Started game; picked male character (I like the design more), named Kiger
    - Picked Torchic; turned out to be female, nicknamed KFC Kicker
    - Did beginning of game stuff
    - Caught a Ralts, lvl 4, male, nicknamed Roland
    - Got to Peatlburg Woods, saved.

Team:

KFC Kicker/Torchic
    Lvl. 12/Female
    - Scratch
    - Growl
    - Focus Energy
    - Ember

Roland/Ralts
    Lvl. 6/Male
    - Growl
    - Confusion
    -
    -

Plan on training KFC Kicker to lvl 16 and Roland to at least 14 before taking on Roxanne at the Rustboro Gym.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2013
    Update!

Played quite alot today, i've done Norman, Winona and Liza and Tate. After L&T i went to the Abandoned Ship to get the Water Stone for my Lombre. So now my team is...

Swampert (Squishy)
    Lv.48
    -Mud Shot
    -Muddy Water
    -Take Down
    -Water Gun

Wigglytuff
    Lv.49
    -Dynamicpunch
    -Focus Punch
    -Rollout
    -Shadow Ball

Ludicolo
    Lv. 50
    -Hydro Pump
    -Surf
    -Giga Drain
    -Nature Power

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Sorry about the delay. I just finished my G/S/C Gym Leader Challenge, and I had to post my progress (I beat Red without going past Level 60). Then, as I was getting ready to start up this Challenge again, I was struck by inspiration for the newest Userbars for this Challenge. I've gotta say though, it's easier making Userbars for Mono-type Challenges, since you can kind of predict what people will use (i.e; Water will use Gyarados, Fire will use their Fire Starter Pokemon, ect, ect). After this, I'm starting my Pokémon SoulSilver Mono-type Challenge (Normal-type), so I don't know when the next update will be, so I'll try to get up to at least Wattson right now.

• Booted up VisualBoyAdvance, and opened my R/S/E/FR/LG Challenges folder, finding my Emerald ROM with my data for this Challenge.
    • Started off my game where I last left off, Dewford Town.
    • Got on Mr. Briney's boat, and set sail for Slateport City.
    • After finally reaching my destination, I talked to a little girl that gave me a Soft Sand. Equipped Soft Sand to Marshtomp to increase Mud Shot's power.
    • Zigzagoon picked up another Great Ball, bringing the grand total up to three Great Balls that he's found.
    • Entered the Soda Stand, and thoroughly smashed every Trainer in there, just to get some free soda.
    • After getting my six free sodas, I bought twenty-four more... I'm thirsty.
    • Beat every Trainer on the beach, then moved into Slateport. Now to find that annoying Captain.
    • What is up with all the blue uniforms? You would think they would try to be a bit more inconspicuous. Are the police completely useless?
    • Went to the Shipyard, talked to the second-in-command, and then left to Route 110, to catch my Electrike.
    • Used my Shroomish's Stun Spore and Tackle attack, along with a normal PokéBall to catch an Electrike. Didn't nickname him.
    • Went back to Slateport and entered the Museum.
    • Why the hell am I paying an entrance fee, when this entire Museum is being robbed? They should be paying me to save this boring place.
    • Talked to one of the Aqua Grunts, who told me that it took some time getting past two women that wanted the $50 entry fee. ...Are you kidding me? You're a damn criminal, yet you, not only payed the entrance fee, but you actually got stopped by security? Team Aqua = Worst Criminals Ever.
    • Weird Stalker Scott tracked me down again... I'm getting scared now. How the hell does everyone keep getting my damn PokéNav number!?
    • Set sail back to Dewford, to go back to Petalburg, to run to Rustboro. I want that EXP Share.
    • Reached my destination, gave the EXP Share to Electrike, and started Level Grinding my Shroomish.
    • Ran out of the Woods, set sail to Dewford, then Slateport.
    • Defeated all Trainers on Routes 110 and 103.
    • Entered the Trick House, since it's free EXP.
    • Shroomish evolved into a Breloom! Yay. As soon as I get back to Slateport, I'm naming him 1-UP. Extra points to those that understand that joke.
    • Got the code, opened the door, and got the Trick Master to give me a free Rare Candy. Then he complained about losing, and how he would be back. All in all, Fission Mailed.
    • Beat May. Grovyle was a real prick. Breloom (who I named 1-UP) eventually beat him after Electrike used Thunder Wave to slow him down.
    • Went back to Slateport, healed, then renamed everyone. The nicknames will be in the 'Current Team' section.
    • Entered Mauville City, beat all the Trainers on the right, went to the PokéCenter, healed, then went off to the Gym.
    • Beat Wally, which makes me kind of depressed. I mean, I basically just beat the hell out of the only friend that a sick kid has. Makes me feel like a ****.
    • Stalker Scott showed up again. I really should get a taser-gun for these kind of situations. He then tells me he idolizes people that hurt sick people, and their friends. Sick bastard...
    • Entered the Gym, and defeated all the Trainers, and solved the puzzle easily.
    • Stomped Wattson down with Marshtomp and Breloom.
    And that's it for the day. Not bad for the day. Caught my Electrike, got a new Badge, forced May to gb2kitchen, and Leveled-Up quite a bit.

Current Team

Name:
    Marshtomp/Trout
    Type: Water/Ground
    Level: 25
    Attacks: Tackle/Growl/Water Gun/Mud Shot

Name:
    Breloom/1-UP
    Type: Grass/Fighting
    Level: 24
    Attacks:
    Mega Drain/Mach Punch/Headbutt/Leech Seed

Name:
    Electrike/Elec Storm
    Type: Electric
    Level: 21
    Attacks: Quick Attack/Howl/Spark/Thunder Wave

Name:
    Zigzagoon/HM Slave 01
    Type: Normal
    Level: 2
    Attacks: Tackle/Cut

New Userbars

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update #2:
    I did the letter thing and I caught a abra in the process. I got an exp. share and started training my abra. After my abra evolved into a kadabra I beat brawly and got the Knuckle Badge.

Current pokemon:
    Combusken lvl 21
    Scratch
    Peck
    Double Kick
    Ember

Kadabra lvl 17
    Teleport
    Confusion

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Defeated Brawly last week, but didn't update 'cause for some reason PC won't load properly the past few days. Anyways:

• After defeating Roxanne, I went out of her GYM to withdraw Loafy.
    • I taught Loafy Cut.
    • Went onto Rusturf Tunnel and saved Peeko. Got the Devon Goods.
    • Backtracked to Rustuboro City and got a Great Ball, yay!
    • Got the PokeNav.
    • Defeated May, sorta. Brenny took a lot of damage when he battled Torchic.
    • Went to Dewford via Mr. Briney.
    • Got the Old Rod.
    • Fished for a Magikarp, captured him and named him Flood.
    • Captured an Aron at the cave and named him Potter.
    • Did the Letter to Steven event first.
    • Grinded Potter to Lv. 17 and took on the GYM.
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR0H6gBsths
    Team

Brenny, the Shroomish
    Male, Lv. 22 @Miracle Seed
    ~ Headbutt
    ~ Absorb
    ~ Stun Spore
    ~ Mega Drain
    Not much of a change, but a level more to go for him to evolve.

Potter, the Aron
    Male, Lv. 17
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Metal Claw
    ~ Mud Slap
    ~ Headbutt
    Probably my tank. He's awesome, tbh.

Flood, the Magikarp
    Male, Lv. 9
    ~ Splash
    Not much of a use right now but I'll level him up once I get the Exp. Share later.

HM SLAVE

That's probably it.

Added everyone who applied in the list.

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • You realise you can get the EXP share right now?

I'm working on training my guys, and soon there will be another update. In the meantime, Zod wanted me to ask you to KNEEEEEEEL BEFORE HIM!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back