• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Trojanman: Recreation of SINcerity

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    Recreation of SINcerity
    Program: Photoshop CS
    Experience: Since July 2006
    Activity: Moderate

At the moment, I'm looking for a site where I can get the criticism and feedback to mature even further into my
    graphics designs. So please, be harsh if needed. If you do, be sure it's backed up with experience as well.
    Although I'm not a big fanatic with Pokemon, I do work with certain request on it with other sites in order to do some
    practice. Like everything, if you want to get good at something, it'll take practice to accomplish it.

Here's a few recent photo manipulations I just did over this past month.

Last edited:

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
    Years
  • Surprised no one has commented, but they look really neat, especially 2 and 4, I'm terrible with critique but I think #4 might look better with some sharpening and color manipulation to make it look brighter, but I guess that's something you'd have to experience with. Overall they look really good, and practice definitely makes perfect, I've learned even a lot in 1ish years of photoshop.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    Surprised no one has commented, but they look really neat, especially 2 and 4, I'm terrible with critique but I think #4 might look better with some sharpening and color manipulation to make it look brighter, but I guess that's something you'd have to experience with. Overall they look really good, and practice definitely makes perfect, I've learned even a lot in 1ish years of photoshop.

Thanks buddy. Doesn't seem like this forum gets a lot of attention compared to the rest. I would like to upload some more of my work, but I'm not too familiar with the coding here. I'll see if I can figure it out later.

Edit: I need 15 post to be able to insert images. Whoopie doo.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Thanks buddy. Doesn't seem like this forum gets a lot of attention compared to the rest. I would like to upload some more of my work, but I'm not too familiar with the coding here. I'll see if I can figure it out later.

Edit: I need 15 post to be able to insert images. Whoopie doo.

Don't worry, 15 posts is easy to get around here. You'll be posting pics in no time. :)

But yeah, sometimes activity here can come and go. Usually a gallery's attention comes down to how identifiable the artists medium is. Unfortunately, it seems like your gallery is a little difficult to critique!

Which is exactly why I haven't commented yet. :( I've been looking at your work for a while now and, honestly, I'm kind of at a loss here. I'm just not acquainted with graphic design. But I can say that you've got interesting stuff here, to say the least. I rather like your alien relic piece, although I think it would have more dramatic impact if the background (the white bits, I mean) were transparent. Same thing with your FF XV piece. The positioning is great and it's got a lot of visual appeal, but I think it would do you a lot of good to get higher quality pictures. Right now, they seem a little blurry.

Artistically though, you have a lot going for you! Can't wait to see what else you put in here. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    Don't worry, 15 posts is easy to get around here. You'll be posting pics in no time. :)

But yeah, sometimes activity here can come and go. Usually a gallery's attention comes down to how identifiable the artists medium is. Unfortunately, it seems like your gallery is a little difficult to critique!

Which is exactly why I haven't commented yet. :( I've been looking at your work for a while now and, honestly, I'm kind of at a loss here. I'm just not acquainted with graphic design. But I can say that you've got interesting stuff here, to say the least. I rather like your alien relic piece, although I think it would have more dramatic impact if the background (the white bits, I mean) were transparent. Same thing with your FF XV piece. The positioning is great and it's got a lot of visual appeal, but I think it would do you a lot of good to get higher quality pictures. Right now, they seem a little blurry.

Artistically though, you have a lot going for you! Can't wait to see what else you put in here. :)

Once I get to the 15 post limit, I'll be able to add some images up in the gallery. Just wish I know how to do some of that html coding some of the other members do. Pretty neat.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Once I get to the 15 post limit, I'll be able to add some images up in the gallery. Just wish I know how to do some of that html coding some of the other members do. Pretty neat.

I'm sure there are people who would be willing to help you with CSS. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    Woah, it's been a while since the last time I updated this port. Been busy moderating with another graphic forum. Anyhow, here's some of my recent work. Enjoy!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

\
    Trojanman: Recreation of SINcerity

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    Looks like I can't get feedback unless I mention pokemon somewhere here. :(

So I went ahead and created a pokemon signature. Free to use as long as you give me credit.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Ah yeah, it seems comments sometimes don't come too frequently in these forums as of late, but since you've got some pretty sweet work let me drop you a line! It's been a long time since I last did GFX, so we'll see if my critique counts for anything haha

My biggest beef with your tags is definitely the text-- I'm just not 100% a fan of the gradient thing you've got going on in attempts to blend it with the rest of the piece. It just feels a bit low effort and strangely flat against the rest of your tags which have excellent depth. I think you might consider just overlaying your text on the bg instead of using the gradients- I'm sure with a little tweaking to make it more visible, you could come up with something that looks much more natural with the rest of the work. My beef with this is particularly strong with the 'Beyond Cursed' and the 'Reptilian' tags. It's just so odd because everything else in the tag fits so nicely but then the text is just... there?

The large piece of KH is great-- I feel like given the distance of Mickey and ... Xemnas? I forget his name, but I think those two should be slightly blurred. Another reason I suggest this is something that seems to reoccur in your large pieces in that sometimes your images are unusually low quality? Like, the transparency on Noctis is quite sloppy, and makes the edges of an otherwise great piece seem rather low quality-- and the orange-clouds of the third graphic in the first post are surprisingly low quality. It needs considerable resizing IMO...!

Otherwise I love the colors and depth in all your tags- I always find the most important thing to me isn't the nitpicky things but rather the aesthetics of it all, and I enjoy seeing your work! Particularly the angel piece-- I love that one, so I haven't said a thing about it because there's nothing to be said but: Fantastic!

Also it might help to get a grasp of what you've got done here and there if you'd be willing to post the original stocks! Just a suggestion though~

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm sorry you're not getting the kind of feedback that you thought you would. But hopefully I can provide, at the very least, an explanation for why that is.

To put it simply, A&D isn't the most active section on PC. We really just don't see as much thoughtful critiquing here (especially this time of year with members coping with end of semester finals and winter and life etcetc). Plus, A&D tends to get a lot of traditional/digital artists, so it may be that no one feels qualified to critique you. That said, it's not against you and your work and shouldn't be taken personally. Not to mention the fact that you're quite good! People tend to get intimidated, for lack of a better term, by people who produce stellar work because they can't really say anything constructive, you know? I don't need to explain all of this, you're a moderator yourself (right?), so I know you understand what it's like when you're section's slow.

But, if it means anything, I do personally like what you've been posting. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a moderator and I "have to" or whatever. Your eye for positioning and color arrangement is quite high, and I feel that's best expressed in your Beyond piece. Your composition is quite astounding too.

Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of text though. It just always seems to negate the natural flow of any piece.. but maybe that's just me. I do think you've pulled it off well in your Iron Man piece though! You've captured the contrast between the orange/blue really well, so I commend you for that! Overall, you're talented, and there's no denying that. Just please try to be patient with my members. :( I'm sure they're all big fans of your work.. they just don't know how to say it.

edit
    Like Loki! One of my shining stars. <33 You're the best girl.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    Love the feedback from you two. It's definitely constructive criticism, which is something rare to find. So, I really appreciate you gals taking the time to comment (I do hope both of you are girls... otherwise, sorry lol).

Typography has always been my degradation, for all of my seven years of experience. I've never improved, probably because my primarily focus has always been the art itself. So I do agree with both of you strongly about it. It's probably best to just leave out the text and work on it privately on my own.

I do moderate a graphics forum in a huge site. So I understand the conditions and intimidation's people get. Especially from the newbies. Glad you explained it though, and well said.

Edit: Loki, the reason why the quality is so low is because it was an attachment. I wasn't able to post my work when I first created the portfolio, so I had to do attachments until I reached a certain amount of post.

Back