• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Tropius or Staravia

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    Tropius. I have him as my HM slave,
    and I just flat-out hate Staravia.

Tropius makes a great addition, becuase
    it can learn a variety of moves.

I use Togekiss for flying mostly, though.

Mr.Twinkie

Pie Eater
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 19, 2014
    Well if I could evolve the Staravia then I would pick him. But I would probably choose Tropius.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    well i'd choose tropius but if the staravia is allowed 2 evolve then ill go with staraptor

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Even though Tropius is extremely weak and is super-effective'd by every single conceivable attack, it's still one of my top 10 Pokemon.

Staravia, on the other hand is just silly.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Tropius. I love its typing(though Jumpluff is better) and I love its design and attacks.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Without even thinking, Staravia.

With thinking,
    Intimidate > Solar Power and Chlorophyll put together
    Normal/Flying > Grass/Flying
    Close Combat > Everything Tropius has

Meh, but Tropius is good for HM slaving because it can learn a lot of them (Cut, Fly, Strength, Defog, Rock Smash, and I think Rock Climb? :S)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Staravia if I can get Staraptor. Tropious looks awesome, had one in Ruby. It just gets destroyed to easy. Intimidate comes in handy as well.

jakex

poketopia king
    Years
    Everyone knows posion/flying is the best. Though i like staraptor cause its the only normal bird to learn close combat.

Years
    Well Staravia/Staraptor is pretty fast, but since Tropius has a bit of the more effective type combination, it's is a bit better.
    I'm not sure though, it's your choice. :3

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    They are totally two Pokémon from the opposite characteristics, one it is an exploiter of Sunny Day, the other one is a pure physical sweeper.

Back