• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Tropius or Staravia

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Which one would you choose as your flying type if you could only choose those two?

Years
    Tropius, though that's just my sorta biased opinion, I don't really like Staravia all that much, that's why I sent a pidgey (now Pidgoet) to Platinum.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Tropius if it's between Tropius and Staravia. If it was between Tropius and Staraptor, I'd go with Staraptor.

Cid

Years
    Tropius, though it's only an opinion.

I think Staravia would be good if you have no Grass-types on your team.
    Also, you shouldn't choose Tropius if your team is already weak to Fire and/or Ice-types.

I wouldn't recommend having both of them on your team.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    Tropius makes a very good HM slave. >:3 And Staravia's got a better ability, especially since it works every battle. I have a Staraptor in my party right now, high attack and speed.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
    Tropius all the way! He's Grass type (I love Grass-type!) and it has Bananas growing around its neck! What more can you ask for?

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Staraptor (or staravia)
    Look better and pwn ass!
    anyway... i think i will get a pidgey from a friend (damn, if i have a pidgey i would already have 4 slots on my team since i taking the johto starters too, he only asked for a piplup so ill do him a favor and S/R for a modest one..)

Oh.. i forgot i need to breed them too.. cuz i like pokemon with my OT.. and forgot i will get a sudowoodo now (that means the team will have 3 johto starters, pidgeot / staraptor and sudowoodo, not sure about the last slot. i think about misdreavus or spiritomb or gardevoir.. i talk about meh team too much lol)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Hmm... this is a hard choice for me. :(

If it has to come between these two, then I would pick Tropius. Even if these two duke it out, Tropius would have the advantage, as most of Staraptor (Staravia?) can't really attack the creature effectively.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    It depends on what you are looking for. For me, it is easily Staraptor, as I love the brutal offense. Tropius is more of a utility (If you can even call it that :P) than anything, since it can learn so many HMs.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Tropius, man, he's so awesome. Not only is he jsut a tree, but a dinosaur, a flying dinosaur! We all wanted a pet dinosaur sometime in our life. So yeah he flies, but not with wings, leaves, yeah with leaves, so awesome! Not only that, he has bananas growing out of his neck! So what would you choose a boring old bird, or a friggen dinosaur?

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Staraptor for sure. It is definitely the best out of any of the early flying types, like Pigeot or Swellow. Quick, strong, and it learns Close Combat, making it actually somewhat viable competitively.

Tropius would be cool if you're looking for something different, but if it just boils down to which is the better flying type, then Staraptor wins hands down.

Back