• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 5 - Pie (+1) vs Cake (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years

Can you do this with pie?
    Spoiler:

Years

When I was on the fence about whether to pick cakes or pies, one point Alex made that got me to side with the pie is how it's good sweet or savory.

I have had spinach pie/ spanikopita, cottage pie, chick'n pot pie and it's all good, hot comfort food to welcome to table. Unable to get confirmation that a savory cake would taste as good though. Is it?

Last edited:
    Years

It probably does have a nice flavor. I looked at the recipe, and though they called it savory carrot cake, it sounds more like they made a kind of cornbread, and added carrots to the cornmeal as well as cheeses, onions and other herbs. The inside looks like a slice of cornbread to me too.

It can be savory and good, but what it really is is bread.

Years

Pies have crust, and that's the part I love the most about eating a pie. I usually start inward and work my way out, saving the crust for last. If I'm eating my A la mode, I will take my crust and tip it in the vanilla ice cream and slowly enjoy it.

Crusts aren't always made out of dough. Sometimes they use goodies like oreo cookie or graham cracker.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Cakes might just have a lot more sugar in them, as well.

Years

I'm not against sugar in a sweetie, but am now curious about how would you make a low-sugar cake? I can imagine baking a pie with little or no added sugars pretty easily because a lot of traditional pie crusts just don't use sugar, that part is not necessarily meant to taste sweet, and the filling could just be sweet naturally from fruit in it. What would be a chef's trick though to making a sugarless cake taste still like cake?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back