• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War Pokémon edition - Round 5 - Armarouge (+1) VS Ceruledge (-1)

Years
    • Seen today

I haven't seen that one yet, I probably should. I usually like the 2d hand-drawn style of animation more, like a good studio ghibli film, more than computer graphics that are everywhere in the west...but it has dragons, and vikings! 😃

How to Train Your Dragon is on Peacock. It's a very cheap subscription service ($5.99 a month) with some other DreamWorks movies like Shrek.

Years

I don't remember the meme's name, but someone made an arcanine version of it:
    Spoiler:

Years

The numberless posts are hard to tell if the number was forgotten or the poster is abstaining from voting.

Might be a good idea to add a rule for it.

Giant winged dragon > overgrown dog

According to the Pokedex Charizard is only 1.7 m tall.
    I'm 1.89 m tall, so I take it I'm a giant too then? =D

Arcanine is weirdly big though, it's either 1.9 or 2 m depending on Kanto/Hisuian.

Years

I think Zeo at the top of the page might actually have forgotten to include the number, but it's not like I can be certain of that xD

Foo Dog inspired Arcanine:
    Spoiler:

Well, there are Gardevoir who can reach 1.92 m tall, not to count the Alpha one reaching 2.56 m!
    So, there can be smaller and bigger Charizard!

Yes, but the point was that Charizard is not 'giant'. To me giant is something that's vastly bigger compared to humans, something that would dwarf us in comparison.
    Gigantamax Charizard for example is 28 meters, so that would actually be giant. No idea how big a Dynamax Arcanine would be as only Gigantamaxes have their sizes listed. Those are not the regular Pokemon though.

Judging from the sizes in the PokeDex between the regular sizes and the Alphas, Alpha's increase in size by less than half (looked up only a couple, might not hold up for every Pokemon that can be Alpha). An alpha Charizard would probably be like 2.3-2.5 meters, which I still don't consider giant.

It's by no means an 'issue' with just Charizard though.
    Pokemon as a franchise has a habit of making Pokemon that look like they'd be really big and then they end up much smaller than expected. Like, Tyranitar for example looks like it should be taller than my house, but nope it's only 2 meters tall. It's merely 11 cm taller than me :sadwick:

Years

I think Zeo at the top of the page might actually have forgotten to include the number, but it's not like I can be certain of that xD

Yes, but the point was that Charizard is not 'giant'. To me giant is something that's vastly bigger compared to humans, something that would dwarf us in comparison.
    Gigantamax Charizard for example is 28 meters, so that would actually be giant. No idea how big a Dynamax Arcanine would be as only Gigantamaxes have their sizes listed. Those are not the regular Pokemon though.

Judging from the sizes in the PokeDex between the regular sizes and the Alphas, Alpha's increase in size by less than half (looked up only a couple, might not hold up for every Pokemon that can be Alpha). An alpha Charizard would probably be like 2.3-2.5 meters, which I still don't consider giant.

It's by no means an 'issue' with just Charizard though.
    Pokemon as a franchise has a habit of making Pokemon that look like they'd be really big and then they end up much smaller than expected. Like, Tyranitar for example looks like it should be taller than my house, but nope it's only 2 meters tall. It's merely 11 cm taller than me :sadwick:

How about this for giant ? ^^
    Spoiler:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

Should it be noted that double posting/posting right after just one person to answer a direct question etc shouldn't include a number since the poster didn't wait the required amount of turns? (in other words, a post that is obviously not intended to be voting since the person didn't wait the proper amount of turns) Because them saying they aren't numbering it under those conditions could be seen as unnecessary. I'll leave the decision on that to you. Anyway, wow this thread it popular!

Back