• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

turn it off and on again

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Make sure the VPS host provider allows for IRC servers. Some don't allow IRC servers because of DDoS attacks.
    Do you happen to have any recommendations then?

By the way today i just plug in my Iphone into my dad's 40 years old Hi- Fi Stereo System.

You never leave the seat with the awesome beats and melody given by the two large speakers.
    Older stereos were made with higher-quality assembly in mind compared to today's stereos, so of course it'd sound awesome. :)

Years
    I want to get a desktop to upgrade and have more power, but I need a clean place first. We have a lot of rugs and they hold a lot of dust. I'd have to clean the desktop every couple of months because these rugs have a lot of crap in them - vacuuming doesn't help a bit.
    I'm pretty sure the computer attracts the dust, and not the rug. :P

Joke aside, that sucks. I know my carpet is a mess around where my computers are and it's not really nice to look at.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I want to get a desktop to upgrade and have more power, but I need a clean place first. We have a lot of rugs and they hold a lot of dust. I'd have to clean the desktop every couple of months because these rugs have a lot of crap in them - vacuuming doesn't help a bit.

Computer cases with air filters all around?

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Sounds like lots of money. Not that it's going to be a problem for long - the places we're looking at all have few to no rugs.

You probably still want a case with air filters for intakes at the very least. Even a rug-less environment can be dusty, I've noticed.

Years
    Sometimes, I wish there was a way for me to test out of some classes towards my degree and be exempt from taking them (while still getting the credit), such as Intro to Internet...

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Sometimes, I wish there was a way for me to test out of some classes towards my degree and be exempt from taking them (while still getting the credit), such as Intro to Internet...

I think they want you to do that just in case... and policies.

I'm not bothered by it in the slightest.

I think I better keep myself away from the card... I feel like buying computer things.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Lemme guess... more RAM? :P

I already have 16 GB of them!

Though I probably can do with a 4GB Surface 3. I mean, the extra RAM probably helps... especially when loads of apps are loaded at the same time, or even light gaming.

Years
    I've seen gaming done on 2-in-1's before, although of course that's different than standard tablets, that's for sure. :P

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I can't do gaming with tablets. I find them severely underpowered, even though everyone tries to make tablets for gaming. It's mostly about graphics memory and how you can't add new RAM modules. What you have for RAM is all you get.

Also, I was given a watch from my grandmother today. My Moto 360 easily outperforms it, but it's an interesting device nonetheless. I can't find a manual on it though, I only have one page of it and it's not complete. https://imgur.com/RShFHfK I'm looking around online but I can't find a damn thing on it.

Indeed. 4 GB RAM on a Surface 3 should run anything that can run well on lower-end, but current-generation Intel integrated... There's a surprisingly good amount of games that can run decently on a "weak" Atom x7 if one's careful with the settings.

Really, it's the storage that's the bigger issue (Even with a 128 GB, you'll have only so much space to play with), but it's still quite a bit faster than a bog-standard HDD in terms of everything that isn't sequential reads or writes, so yeah.

I've seen gaming done on 2-in-1's before, although of course that's different than standard tablets, that's for sure. :P

Yeah...

Current-generation Intel Atom tablets should be kind of like a portable Xbox 360 or PS3 in terms of video performance, and they do indeed run a lot of games that ran on them, and other games with similar demands. Again, don't expect high settings or anything, but a lot of them should work relatively well. Some people would think that gaming on an Atom means "Ocarina of Time N64 mode", though, and I understand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back