• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

turn it off and on again

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yeah...

Current-generation Intel Atom tablets should be kind of like a portable Xbox 360 or PS3 in terms of video performance, and they do indeed run a lot of games that ran on them, and other games with similar demands. Again, don't expect high settings or anything, but a lot of them should work relatively well. Some people would think that gaming on an Atom means "Ocarina of Time N64 mode", though, and I understand.
    asdfsagghafs those things have Atoms on them?! Wow, I wish Atoms were like that during the era of the netbook.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    asdfsagghafs those things have Atoms on them?! Wow, I wish Atoms were like that during the era of the netbook.

Have fun with this thread! :P

If you ever want to game on a Surface 3, a 4GB model is strongly recommended - integrated graphics like memory. An extra 64 GB of storage helps, too.

Might become a portable light gaming machine...

I think the key thing is to keep the resolution sane - try to stay at 1024x768, 1280x720, or 1366x768 as much as you can, and keep the settings down. Real down. A good target is 30 FPS if you can make it; if not, 20. And an external frame rate limiter for games that don't have them, so that the CPU doesn't need to work as hard.

And don't forget drivers and firmware!

Years
    So you know you've been using the same keyboard for years and years when the labels on the keys start to fade off... :P

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    So you know you've been using the same keyboard for years and years when the labels on the keys start to fade off... :P

Now I wonder if I'll ever wear out my keyboard... or if I'll buy a new one before that.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Still using win 98 keyboard and it's pretty fine but the looks it's like pretty ***ed up

At least it is quite suitable for my fingers to touch and feel during gaming

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Still using win 98 keyboard and it's pretty fine but the looks it's like pretty ***ed up

At least it is quite suitable for my fingers to touch and feel during gaming

I want an expensive gaming keyboard and mouse combo. :P

Speaking of old keyboards, my computer still has a PS/2 port, and I can add a serial port if I really want to.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
    Basically as long every button is fuctionable, I will keep using it. You know... Save Money.

Just Kidding but I want a wireless keyboard so my desktop would be less horribly confused with wires .....

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and I hate them. I have to tilt my computer in a certain way so the signal can reach between mouse and computer. And even then, sometimes my mouse just gets stuck. Plus I go through so many batteries.

The keyboard is actually all right. It's held up well through all the use I put it through, but I still want to switch over to a mechanical keyboard. I'm just tired of cheap computer pieces, going through so many of them when I could just pay upfront for a decent one that will last a while.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and I hate them. I have to tilt my computer in a certain way so the signal can reach between mouse and computer. And even then, sometimes my mouse just gets stuck. Plus I go through so many batteries.

The keyboard is actually all right. It's held up well through all the use I put it through, but I still want to switch over to a mechanical keyboard. I'm just tired of cheap computer pieces, going through so many of them when I could just pay upfront for a decent one that will last a while.

If you need tilting to get a proper signal in the first place, I'm going to ask what your models were. Current-generation wireless keyboards and mice do not mind about positioning at all - as long as you're in range, it should work well.

(Mind you, the only wireless stuff I had that can be considered cheap are the Logitech stuff.)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I have a Microsoft wireless 3500 mouse. I bought it over a year ago, and started actually using it a few months ago. It's been giving me problems from the start. I don't think it's a range issue. My computer tower is right under where my mouse is, and the USB port used by it is in the back of the computer.

Which is right next to the USB port used by my Logitech wireless keyboard, and I don't have nearly as much trouble with that. The mouse that came with the set crapped out on me quickly. It just died. (Like the two Logitech controllers I had for the computer.) But the keyboard has held up well. Only problem with it is that the right arrow key is now broken, but that was more my fault than anything.

My other problem with the Microsoft mouse is the battery life. It seems like I'm always replacing the battery in it.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I have a Microsoft wireless 3500 mouse. I bought it over a year ago, and started actually using it a few months ago. It's been giving me problems from the start. I don't think it's a range issue. My computer tower is right under where my mouse is, and the USB port used by it is in the back of the computer.

Which is right next to the USB port used by my Logitech wireless keyboard, and I don't have nearly as much trouble with that. The mouse that came with the set crapped out on me quickly. It just died. (Like the two Logitech controllers I had for the computer.) But the keyboard has held up well. Only problem with it is that the right arrow key is now broken, but that was more my fault than anything.

My other problem with the Microsoft mouse is the battery life. It seems like I'm always replacing the battery in it.

Hmm, maybe next time buy a Logitech wireless mouse?

Strangely enough, my Xbox 360 and PS3 rechargeable controller batteries are totally shot. They can't seem to hold a charge and I'm not sure why.

How old were the controllers? Most rechargeable batteries eventually degrade to a point where they don't work properly.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The PS3 controllers are fairly old, however, the battery in my 360 controller are less than 2 years old and only hold a charge for just minutes. They held really good charges when I first got them, but I didn't use them much and they just stopped working.

Interesting. Are the 360 batteries removable? See if anything looks off with them - a minutes-long charge in two years scream "failure".

Years
    Well I managed to get my IRC server and my ZNC IRC bouncer all moved onto my VPS now. Oh, and I renewed my domain as well. :3

Years
    Wired controllers surely have that advantage to not dying from dead batteries, but at the same time: they're a mess to deal with if you have a lot of accessories in the same area as one another! :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Hmm, maybe next time buy a Logitech wireless mouse?
    I did have a Logitech mouse. It was the one that came with my current keyboard. But the mouse just stopped working, and I thought that maybe Microsoft's products would be of a better quality, which is why I have my current 3500 mouse.

Apparently, I was wrong.

But I was leery of Logitech's products, given that I had the two controllers by them that both just stopped working with no explanation. I really think that the keyboard is the only thing I've had from them that's lasted as long as it has.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back