• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two Breaking News!

Years
  • If you guys read the articles carefully, they clearly state that the Gameboy DS (or Nintendo, whatever) is NOT the replacement of the Gameboy Advanced. They said it will mearly sell alongside it in stores. Although, I really don't know why they'd do such a thing...

Years
  • I saw a pic of it... but it was kinda you know, changed. Fake... well, this looks old. I sure like the SP better.

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
  • If you guys read the articles carefully, they clearly state that the Gameboy DS (or Nintendo, whatever) is NOT the replacement of the Gameboy Advanced. They said it will mearly sell alongside it in stores. Although, I really don't know why they'd do such a thing...

well it is posable 4 the ds 2 sell alongside the gba (just like sp does) but i think advance will still be better becouse i dont think i like the idea of the mic thing
    :P

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • dqle said:
    If you guys read the articles carefully, they clearly state that the Gameboy DS (or Nintendo, whatever) is NOT the replacement of the Gameboy Advanced. They said it will mearly sell alongside it in stores. Although, I really don't know why they'd do such a thing...
    Maybe its for ppl that want to play N64 on the street ^~^

That's good! So my games won't be wasted! :D

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • If they wanted people to continue to buy GBAs though, they wouldn't make GBA games playable on the DS, so people who are new to nintendo at the time of their buying the DS won't even bother buying a GBA, but only the games.

But then again, the SP looks a lot easier to hold than the DS *shrugs*

Years
  • Yeah, the Gameboy DS (DS standing for Dual Screen if you don't know it already) seems much bulkier than the SP does. I really don't know why they'd still sell the SP since the DS can play Gameboy Advanced games too(hopefully the other Gameboy games too). Maybe because it's a cheaper alternative? (like the GBA and the GBA SP)

To compare the two coming handheld systems, Nintendo's Gameboy DS and Sony's PSP (Playstation Pocket), I say that the DS is gonna be more worth it. First is the price. The Gameboy DS will start out at $150.00 while the PSP will be expected to start at $250.00. I wouldn't pay that much, even for a game system! A $100.00 difference is huge. The Gameboy DS will still use cartridges, which have been really reliable in strudiness and it doesn't need a memory card. The PSP will use some sort of mini-disk, which means sensitive games, especially on the road. And they will have to add a shock protection for continuous play, which can add to the cost. Because the PSP uses disks, it needs a memory card. For portability causes, more parts means more trouble. The DS has two screens, one touch sensative, while the PSP has a slightly larger single screen. Since the PSP has graphics slightly less comparible to the PS2, it needs a really good screen to play on. I've played on some portable screens, and everything seems blurry.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Prices
    A game company in USA has agreed to sell DS for $199.99 each, and games $49.99 each.
    First games: Sonic DS, Animal Crossing DS, Bomberman DS, Pictochat DS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is not that expensive :D

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • It's not a Gameboy, some people are still calling it one. :\
    I think it's pretty awesome, note that they did say the name isn't final, just that it won't be a gameboy, and they also said that isn't definiately the final design that also may change. At this stage they just wanted to show you what their idea was with the touch-screen, bluetooth wireless technology letting upto 16 people within' a 100 miles play at once, the 2 screen obivously and how they work together, as well as the game library they are planning to include for it. Many many gamers are pleased with the results with Mario 64x4, Super Mario Bros. DS, Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime, and others. They do have the support to make this work, 100 3rd part developers and already announce 40+ titles. I think that it'll be awesome, btw check the "Other games" section, we've already said all this there.

Years
  • jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • dqle said:
    Heh. Just found out something. It looks like the DS is based on a REALLY old design!
    http://www.decafbad.com/blog/2004/05/11/nintendo_ds_returning_to_game_watch_roots

I don't know where you got that info, jj984jj, but USA Today says different.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2004-05-11-nintendo-ds_x.htm

Check out Nintendo's website for official news.
    www.nintendo.com/e3_2004/ds/index.jsp
    About what though? Lol, my post was kinda long and I made a few different points, heh. About the DS not being a Game Boy? Nintendo said it in their press conference, and it's on Gamespot as well as IGN's website. It will be able to play GBA games, but it's still not considered a Game Boy by Nintendo. I'm guessing the next Game Boy should be revealed sometime next year with their next generation console.

Years
  • yeh ive heard alot that the price is more at $200 now. i think i would still get it over psp. but if they were the same price then id def go psp.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • The prices depends on Game Companies
    or game shops if you prefer.
    ---------------------------------------
    I'd want one if my parents allowed.

Back