• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tyler's Welcome thread.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2015
    Hello PokeCommunity! I'm Tyler, and I have liked Pokémon for 10 years now, and I wanted to join here! I play the trumpet, this is my third year now. I have been wanting to code for a while, but haven't gotten around to it. I hope to meet many friends in this community!

Sharrkyy

You don't wait for the storm to end, you learn to
    Years
  • Oi.
    Hopefully you enjoy your stay here and stick around awhile.
    :)
    If you need anything feel free to ask me or anyone else here they'll probably get back to you... eventually.... maybe...
    notice me senpai

Sir Codin

Whoa, weird, at first I thought this was a thread meant to welcome me back after a hiatus....

Welcome, fellow Tyler!

Years
  • Hey, Tyler!

Would it be safe to say that Pokémon Emerald was your first Pokémon game? Or was it an older game, like Ruby or Sapphire? Based off your profile picture, it has to be some game from Gen 3, right? {XD}

I play a couple instruments myself. Guitar and ukulele. Not the most exciting thing, I know, but I still enjoy playing them nonetheless, haha.

Since you already seem to know about the Game Development forum, there wouldn't really be a point in me recommending that to you, eh? :P Other than that forum, I would also recommend checking out the the Main Series Gaming section and the Gaming Central forum. Both are a really nice way to make some friends and have fun discussing Pokémon as a whole. Another great place you might be interested in checking out is the Computers & Technology forum. You seem pretty interested in stuff like that, so you should have no trouble fitting in there! :P

What are some of your other interests? We can help you find some forums that you might enjoy hanging out in, so don't be a stranger! We'd love to hear them!

Everyone here is really friendly, so you should have no trouble making new friends. Speaking of which, I sent you a friend request! One of many new friends. ^^ I hope you enjoy your time here at PC! See you around!

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Ten years, huh? Where does the time go? It's pretty scary when you realise how old Pokemon actually is sometimes, haha. Which gen is your favourite? :3

Coding, eh? That's a pretty daunting area! At least, it is in my opinion...get one thing wrong and you're looking at a horrifying mess that can take hours to sort out. Good luck! Areas have already been recommended, but I'd suggest giving the Adoption Center a quick look as well: it's one thing to know where things are, but another thing entirely to know where to start. If you find yourself a little overwhelmed (I know I am every time I peek into the ROM Hacking section, haha) it might help to have a mentor to guide you through things :3

If you need anything or just want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a line anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2015
    Hey, Tyler!

Would it be safe to say that Pok?mon Emerald was your first Pok?mon game? Or was it an older game, like Ruby or Sapphire? Based off your profile picture, it has to be some game from Gen 3, right? {XD}

I play a couple instruments myself. Guitar and ukulele. Not the most exciting thing, I know, but I still enjoy playing them nonetheless, haha.

Nope! my first game was Platinum!

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Ten years, huh? Where does the time go? It's pretty scary when you realise how old Pokemon actually is sometimes, haha. Which gen is your favourite? :3

Coding, eh? That's a pretty daunting area! At least, it is in my opinion...get one thing wrong and you're looking at a horrifying mess that can take hours to sort out. Good luck! Areas have already been recommended, but I'd suggest giving the Adoption Cetner a quick look as well: it's one thing to know where things are, but another thing entirely to know where to start. If you find yourself a little overwhelmed (I know I am every time I peek into the ROM Hacking section, haha) it might help to have a mentor to guide you through things :3

If you need anything or just want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a line anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~
    Thanks! My favorite gen is 4!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Welcome Tyler, awesome having you here! Always room for more. =')

I merged your double post for you, by the way - next time if you want to quote more than one person in a single post please use the multiquote button. It's usually right of the quote button and allows you to select more than one post to quote at once. Double posting isn't permitted on the forum which is definitely something you should be aware of in the future haha. But no problem, it's understandable and we all make mistakes!

Otherwise, Sinnoh fans for the win? o: Doesn't seem like I see many lately. I know some really want a remake sometime though, hopefully in gens 7-8, so I've been thinking about that and what it could potentially look like. Undoubtedly awesome, I'm sure.

See you around and please ask if you need help! Happy having you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2015
    Welcome Tyler, awesome having you here! Always room for more. =')

I merged your double post for you, by the way - next time if you want to quote more than one person in a single post please use the multiquote button. It's usually right of the quote button and allows you to select more than one post to quote at once. Double posting isn't permitted on the forum which is definitely something you should be aware of in the future haha. But no problem, it's understandable and we all make mistakes!

Otherwise, Sinnoh fans for the win? o: Doesn't seem like I see many lately. I know some really want a remake sometime though, hopefully in gens 7-8, so I've been thinking about that and what it could potentially look like. Undoubtedly awesome, I'm sure.

See you around and please ask if you need help! Happy having you.
    Yeah, sorry. Meloetta' post wasn't there when I responded to the other ones. I'll edit it if I have to double post from now on. And thanks for the welcome!

Back