• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Type:Null's evolution and speculation

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Alola = hot region
    Sinnoh = cold region
    Hot + Cold = Balance
    Alola + Sinnoh = Gen 7 ?!

It was in front of our faces this whole time!!

SINNOH CONFIRMED!!!!!! :P

Well, all joking aside, lets look at what we know so far.

We have all of our Alola forms from Kanto, which in turn is our Kanto influence for Alola.
    We have our inclusion of Zygarde with its various cores and possibly significant plot points, which gives us our Kalos influence for Alola.
    Now we have Type: Null and Silvally who has an obvious connection to Arceus, which gives us our Sinnoh influence for Alola.

So we just need plot points for Johto, Hoenn, and Unova, and then Alola will truly be bringing all of the games together within the plot in one way or another.
    Just food for thought.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Just some fun facts for everyone saying that Arceus absolutely has to be pronounced "Ar-kay-us" now. I present to you, the Japanese name:
    アルセウス
    A ru se u su
    Ar-see-us

The Japanese Ability even plays into it with the ARシステム (AR System, or, if you say it really fast, Arceus-tem?). Maybe the reason why Sillvady's Ability has RKS rather than RCS is because it's not close enough to the real thing to use the real pronunciation!
    Let's have a look at the history of this controversial little name:
    1. Pokemon Battle Revolution first pronounces it Ar-See-Us
    2. It was pronounced Ar-Kay-Us in a trailer for Arceus and the Jewel of Life.
    3. A pokemon.com mailbag formally confirmed that the name is pronounced Ar-Kee-Us, outright stating that older pronunciations were incorrect.
    4. In the film itself, it was pronounced Ar-Kee-Us.
    5. Pokedex 3D Pro pronounces it Ar-Kee-Us.

Ding ding ding - we have a winner! :D

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I doubt Arceus will make a full on appearance in the storyline or actually be important to it, but at the same time I suppose it's possible since Deoxys, formerly an event-only legendary, made it into ORAS's story via the Delta Episode.

As for the pronunciation of Arceus, I've always pronounced it Ark-ee-us, which I guess is essentially the same thing as Ar-kee-us, so I guess I've been doing it right if Caaethil's post is anything to go by lol

Really though the two Pokemon (Type Null/Silvally and Arceus) are fascinating and I hope they get a lot of lore expansion in Sun/Moon.

Its ability using a whole new set of items instead of plates. They had the opportunity to make plates not completely useless for someone who didn't have a chance to get the event-exclusive Arceus, and didn't use it.
    Plates still have the use of boosting the power of moves of the same type as the plate. They're on rare occasion used in certain sets for Pokemon.

Silvally needing these new items rather than the plates is probably because whether it was made to fight Arceus or to be an Arceus re-creation or whatever it's purpose is, it is not Arceus, and so can't make use of the plates in the same manner.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Eh, Manaphy and Phione aren't really an evolutionary family, they're more just... a family. Neither evolves at all.
    Manaphy can lay eggs from which Phione hatch. IMHO, it's close enough ^^.

Plates still have the use of boosting the power of moves of the same type as the plate. They're on rare occasion used in certain sets for Pokemon.
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. My bad.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • i no that arceus would be an epic addition to the game, but for some reason i think he'll seem out of place, and i feel that silvally will be an alternative, rather than you being able to see or obtain an arceus. and i have a sneaking suspicion that he aint from this game even though he was introduced in sun/moon.(this is not my theory. if you want to watch the video, go to mandjtvpokevids he has an insane theory, which i think is right)there is definately a link between lusamine the owner of aether foundation, gladion, and even lillie. if you notice, UB-01, the first ultra beast, looks a lot like lillie, with the hat kind of thing. the second lady ultra beast looks like lusamine. (dont ask about the hulk ant) lille being described as "mysterious" doesn't help either. aether foundation supposedly created it or found it, and the owner, lusamine, could have given it to gladion, who joined team skull. i think that all three of them are siblings, because they all have blonde hair, lusamine and lillie share many common features, and gladion looks a bit like both of them with shorter hair.

in my opinion, i think type:null's "evolution" is actually a forme change, like battle bond, but with an item. like mega evolution.

here is the link to the theory-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2vALXLfbzg&index=2&list=PLAF4vERAnCkO2acr0Y1ku8SPdzHv8ZVjN

Last edited by a moderator:

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Silvally is my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon as of now, I love it! Type: Null/Silvally will DEFINITELY be on my team!

Back