• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Typing Balance

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I think Steel being weak to Fighting has to do with the romantic way how fighters are looked at. They are the strongest of the strong. They can move a truck, lift the heaviest weights and bend the strongest bars of steel with only their muscels and willpower. In its own way it makes totally sense.

And then we have Electric types who are strong against Flying. As far as I know air is a horrible electric conductor, meaning Flying types shouldn't have to worry about some electric attacks. That's only the case when they are on the ground, because that way the electricity can freely run through their body and leave it on the ground they are standing.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • I think Steel being weak to Fighting has to do with the romantic way how fighters are looked at. They are the strongest of the strong. They can move a truck, lift the heaviest weights and bend the strongest bars of steel with only their muscels and willpower. In its own way it makes totally sense.

And then we have Electric types who are strong against Flying. As far as I know air is a horrible electric conductor, meaning Flying types shouldn't have to worry about some electric attacks. That's only the case when they are on the ground, because that way the electricity can freely run through their body and leave it on the ground they are standing.

While air isn't the best conductor, things in the air are more vulnerable to lightning strikes.

For myself, I never really liked how Dragon is only supereffective against themselves. Seems kinda limiting, in terms of usefulness. Only by sheer brute stats do they gain their power.

I understand the lore behind it- but it just seems a bit of a cop-out, gameplay-wise.

Ditto with the Ghost-types. With Dark types having the same coverage, and being resistant to Ghosts and immune to Psychic- enh.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I think grass needs a buff. I'd say make it lose it's weakness to flying. I really never got that. What's the explanation there? Birds eat berries, but that's all I can make of it. Plants are typically strong against wind if that's what it meant. I just don't get it.

Fairy needs another weakness. Seriously. It's practically the new Dragon type. They threw logic out the window when they made it strong against dragons and weak against Steel, so just make something up. Maybe Bug. Cause they be all like "I don't believe in fairies" in their little bug voices.

Years
  • Ice type needs a defensive boost as it's only resistent to itself while having a large host of weakeness. Maybe it could be resistent/immune to water as ice is technically water itself. Maybe it could also gain resistence to grass as well or something.

I also agree with FlamingRage in that fairy type needs a nerf; while fairy type was intended to balance dragons, in turn fairy types became overpowered itself. Bug type would work as it has plenty of types that are resistant to its attacks anyways. Ghost types also became overpowered after Steel lost resistance to ghost types so that needs to be reverted.

Back