• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: UG needs a new moderator.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    legit just give me the power to go ocd all over that mafia queue and perhaps suggest some events that peeps like me, gunner, klips, eros and others would probs be happy to control and voila, problem solved

no more blue necessary

though if you want to make my username pink with no special privileges I won't complain

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    shenanigans kind of wrote a lot, so I'll avoid echoing his words where I can.

For all intents, the UG has a third mod in me. Being smod means managing the forums as a whole, so I'm mostly available to do the tasks that need done if Ash/Netto can't. I'm very active in the area and frequently help Ash/Netto if ever they need it (and I butt in plenty), as well as gimmepie and Mana being extremely active UGers as well who are available often. My Skype/PM box is always available to leave feedback, suggestions, and request help if you can't reach Ash/Netto, as are the other mods that frequent the area. They don't have mod powers for the area like h-staff or the actual mods - but they're always there to help or reach a higher staff member if it's important!

I don't believe the area needs a new mod, but I'd happily take a more active role in moderating the section if the two mods want me to. I'm mostly a pest that gives input right now, but I'm also available to help moderate as part of my smod duties if and when there's a need for it. But that's the key word: need. They don't need another moderator there because there is effectively very little moderating work.

The Underground is extremely self-sustained and self-invigorating. Just realize we got a single thread styled game into a subforum (which is pretty difficult itself) into an actual indexed forum. Entirely thanks to members. A lot of the growth it has seen comes from people with zero moderating powers and Ash/Netto facilitate that uniqueness of the UG and they do well as moderators on top of that.

Events and other ideas are largely created by the member-base (consider that PokeCommunity: Uprising began as a simple idea and was a desired event to help launch the UG as a main forum that didn't come from one of the two mods - it was just excitement). If suggestions and ideas are going ignored or an area is suffering for some reason (this goes for any area), higher staff encourages you to let them know. We're not omniscient (yet... it's a PC 2 feature), so if we're missing something, we do appreciate knowing and we can either look into it for you or ask a mod to get you an answer. That doesn't mean we're going to give you an answer you necessarily like or agree with, but we want to help ensure things are running smoothly and want to make sure things aren't going unresolved if they need resolution.

In terms of the Underground and its mods' responsiveness, they're both people with their own lives who do their best and shenanigans is correct in saying that we are comfortable with their work and activity, but as I said, if there's something that you want to discuss or that's being ignored, contact any smod or admin. For the UG, I am very active and well-aware of the what people want for the area/feel it needs, but the two mods are aware as well! They work together closely and, undoubtedly, discuss what's suggested and we even have a Skype chat to discuss the area and what's going on with it.

If there's a suggestion you made or an idea you have, I'd suggest posting it to the UG Hangout thread to get feedback on. People always submit game ideas there to talk it over, but share your ideas for the area as well. People can discuss and smooth out suggestions, the mods will see it, and then they can talk it over as well!

You guys are the community builders here and great things can happen - especially with the intelligence and energy the Underground has.

Back