• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Ugh. just go away & leave me alone~"

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Well, we've been taking about the positives of video game aspects for a while now, but.. are there any sort of things that annoy or annoy(ed) you very deeply when it comes to video games? Your examples can be from any video game, see? Or, you can just talk generally about video games.

For instance, I can't stand loading times. Like ugh, they're such teases, and sometimes, they are waaaay longer when they're supposed to be. But, of course, loading times are getting better (or is that just me) but, I stiiiill think they're pretty annoying to deal with.

So, how abut you? Feel free to share any stories! I've got a campfire right here with marshmellows~

Years
  • I hate HATE tutorials. I know it helps me learn controls and other aspects of the game, but they're usually so boring. One exception would be Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, that tutorial was hilarious.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Loading times are quite annoying. Sometimes, I feel like shutting the game down if it takes longer than five minutes. xD

Whenever I'm playing multiplayer in Call of Duty, I always get connection lags, even though my internet is just fine. This gives the opponents an advantage over me, and makes it easier for them to shoot their bullets toward me. I don't like it at all when this happens, because it's quite unfair. There's a lot of people who constantly experience this issue... I'm sure I'm not the only one. d: I wish Treyarch and Activision did something about it to reduce these lag times.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Navi_Artwork.png

[/thread]

But yeah. Annoying characters, as well as games with tutorials you can't opt out of.

I see your Navi, and raise you this redacted:
    Tatl.png

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Lol at the two above posts - they're hilarious! The only annoying thing with Navi is the "Hey!" every now and again and the giant "NAVI" down the bottom of the screen (on the 3DS version anyway).

Resetti from animal crossing is super annoying.

Games where you can't skip cutscenes. (I'm looking at you, Kingdom Hearts.)

I've never had too much trouble with loading times or online lag really. What really grinds my gears is Games freezing at pivotal moments.

Sometimes the grinding in RPGs annoys me too, which is funny cause they're all I seem to play :P

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Definitely loading times. Sometimes I could go downstairs, make a sandwich, walk back upstairs while eating the sandwich, and be back in time for the game to finish. (Sonic 06)

Long cutscenes are an annoyance to me, especially if you can't pause the game in some way.
    "I heard you, mom, I'll take out the trash. I just have to finish this cutscene!"
    Arceus help you if you're playing a Metal Gear Solid game.

Tutorials annoy me, especially if they're not optional. Even if they're optional, if they're numerous, I get annoyed. That's my only gripe with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. The game's insanely amazing so far, it's just the amount of tutorials and hand-holding that decreases the challenge.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Of course loading times are annoying, and I hope new ways to make them shorter are discovered, and tutorials are usually repetitive and bland. I always respect developers that try to make their tutorials more interesting than the monotonous ones that plague video games everywhere. Besides that, I think when there are small glitches in the game that show up every now and then that get on my nerves the most. I remember playing a MMORPG called La Tale, and the jumping + running code was completely glitched. It wouldn't work, and the moving program was just not smooth at all. I quit the game mostly for that reason!

Back