• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Still on episode one of that. Can't get over the fact that the landlord's name is Chie Satonaka.

I don't think I'll ever be able to get over the fact that the landlord's name is Chie Satonaka.

Just get over it, man. They pretty much never use her full name anyway. It's all "Chie-chan!", "Chie-chan", "Satonaka-chan!", etc.

WHAT

You're not serious, are you?

WHAT

He is 100% serious: https://myanimelist.net/anime/31621/Ooyasan_wa_Shishunki

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Just get over it, man. They pretty much never use her full name anyway. It's all "Chie-chan!", "Chie-chan", "Satonaka-chan!", etc.
    That actually makes it worse.

But we'll see. Its comedy seemed pretty lukewarm from what I saw, but it's also short as hell so I'll take a pint-sized bite.

And I'll catch on Beats of the Brave, while I'm at it.

Years
    That actually makes it worse.

But we'll see. Its comedy seemed pretty lukewarm from what I saw, but it's also short as hell so I'll take a pint-sized bite.

And I'll catch on Beats of the Brave, while I'm at it.

Landlord shoots for the "haha, that's adorable" laugh more than the slapstick gut laugh.

Also, Brave Beats is over and done with, at least for its first season. No idea if they're putting out another season or not.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I don't think I want to live in a world where CG Dance Camp is popular but Tengen Toppa Moonwalker isn't.

-Or, at least I'm assuming Tribe Cool Crew was popular to some extent. I mean, it went on for at least two cours and they were courageous enough to make another CG dance show. Which...was Brave Beats.

Either way, the balls on them.

Years
    Gundam post.

Whilst I am somewhat enjoying Iron Blooded Orphans it does make me sad that they ditched G Reco, a series with much more potential, to push it into production. G Reco clearly needed the episodes but this is going to get them, presumably another 25 in the second season.

Oh well.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Finished IBO just a while ago and, well, it isn't the most well paced or well written series out there but it certainly was enjoyable. This was the first gundam series I've ever seen and I'm not exactly dissatisfied with it. The fact that people say that this is one of the relatively worse gundams out there and doesn't hold a candle to top quality gundam animu makes me look forward to getting into those.

Currently downloading gundam 00. Heard it is a standalone so yeah. Thoughts on that, anybody?

Also, finished shirayuki anime. Was a pleasant watch but the ending wasn't exactly the most conclusive of them all.

derozio

Years
    Just watched the new episode of Gintama...

...This has been a very painful week...

How are you guys holding up?
    I cried. Some of the scenes between those characters were just too...moving. Maybe it is just me being an easy to please guy and me loving Gintama characters a lot more than your average anime characters but...yeah.

The final episode carried more emotional weight than I expected it to carry haha

At least the final scene practically confirms the existence of plans for a next season so that's great. Made me cheer up.

I stopped watching Gintama months ago because it'll be a good marathon.

Still liked it better when it was an episodic comedy.
    Yeah, the comedy bits are usually the best. But the shounen arcs, cliche as some of their parts usually get, are still pretty damn great and I enjoyed them immensely too.

You should get back to it since it is over and all. We can discuss it once you're up to date.

derozio

Years
    Alright first season. Angst, grieving, and drama get turned up to 11 in season 2, though. I wanted more of the political intrigue that dominated season 1.

Same the political intrigue was fun for the first season.

Then it went all powerup crazy and angst.
    That sounds an awful lot like Code Geass to me, tbh. S2 ramping up the powahlevelz and drama to 11, I mean. And seeing that I enjoyed the hell out of that one, doesn't seem like this should be a hassle getting through. It is worth a one-time watch though at least, yes? Or a complete "stay away from this one", hmm?

derozio

Years
    Oh well, as long as my downloading it isn't completely wasted due to it being trash, I'm okay.

I also downloaded Kino's Journey, Kiniro Mosaic and Anthem of the Heart. Too bad I have exams coming up in a day or so. Won't exactly be able to be here much at the beginning of this season or watch my chinese cartoons. ;;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back