• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uh, that wasn't supposed to happen.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Creating and developing games is a difficult task, and quite often mistakes are made, causing games to have weird glitches that we may stumble upon randomly. Other times, people purposely find and exploit these bugs, either for an outcome that favors their own gameplay (duplicating items, for example) or just for laughs.

What are some of the funniest/weirdest/creepiest/most useful glitches you've experienced or witnessed?

I think this one's one of my favorites. Heavy Rain spoilers ahead.

Spoiler:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • I have seen a glitch in the multiplayer of Mass Effect 3 before. It sometimes occurs on Firebase Reactor when fighting Cerberus. This happens when Cerberus enemies get stuck while dropping in at one part of the map. Course this does not stop players from shooting the Cerberus enemies to get the enemies unstuck. I find this glitch to be quite funny.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There's a glitch in Jak II that lets you go to Sandover Village which is neat. The area is in the game since the cutscene at the beginning takes place there, but that's really it. There's nothing you can actually do. This glitch is only doable with a fat PS2, not the slim. I forgot how exactly you trigger it, I just know you can't do it with a slim, which is what I have... :(

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • Final Fantasy 3 DS version you can clone items and then sell them for better weapons early on. Seriously without this glitch I don't know how I would of gotten through the story.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Fire Emblem has a mine glitch that lets you control the enemy army for a turn. 2funny

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    After watching the LP I'm about to link, I'm convinced that the first 3 Spyro games had some of the best glitches and it'd be really hard to pick just one.

The main one, though, is what the LPer refers to as "purgatory mode." You can swim through the air - and therefore, "fly" really high or go out of bounds - just by ramming into the water at the right moment. But it's purgatory because until you die or go into a different level to reset it, you can't interact with anything or anyone. Because you're "swimming."

And that can lead into some other neat happenings. Let's use Moneybags as an example because everyone hates him. It seems a bit silly to pay him just to enter a new level.

If I recall, he said there's only 2 or 3 instances in the entirety of Year of the Dragon where you actually had to pay him to access something. Every other time can be bypassed with some neat bug work... usually swimming through the air.
    Though that takes away from the fun of getting 'revenge' on him at the end..

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    One glitch I remember was in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube. If you went to the Chao Garden and homing attacked the northeast corner enough, you'd slip through some crack in the invisible wall and could fly around in the background. But there's more. Once you came back, all your Chao would be swimming in the ground.

And I was trying to remember fun glitches in Skyrim cuz that game is (still) glitchy as hell, but....I can only remember the bad glitches =(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Within past three to four years, one of the most memorable glitches I've managed to experience was in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. I was in a team death-match, but before it began, it didn't exactly seem to load any weapon; they were nowhere to be seen in-screen, and when using, they wouldn't make any noise at all. Was a bit curious as to how it'd all work, so I continued playing and began exploring things.

Luckily, although the weapons did not make sound or were visible, they were still functional. Meaning, when you shoot towards opponents, bullets would successfully be landed. Since they weren't making any noise whatsoever, my player location did not show on their radar, which helped them to not be able to find me.

I was very intrigued by this glitch, as, even though it could be considered cheating in many ways, it still gave me a major advantage. Didn't have any idea as to how I wound up triggering it, though, which was sort of disappointing. If I'd known, I definitely would have tried using the glitch more. I suppose it isn't common, considering that it can't be found on YouTube anywhere (or any other video sharing site).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Just came across this video, so thought I'd share.
    Spoiler:

Otherwise I don't tend to remember such things well at all. Oh, there is this somewhat annoying artifact of the AI in Naev where very fast ships (namely pirate Hyenas and Sharks) tend to orbit something they're attempting to attack, instead of actually closing the distance and firing, if their target is a very slow (but not immobile) ship. This is annoying because it makes picking out threatening targets more difficult due to the mass of other targets one has to cycle through, nullifying the range advantage of the sorts of weapons capital ships are able to use.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The only bug/glitch I remember running into was in luigis mansion 2 in the toad mission of the ice mansion if toad grabbed by a transportation device lands on luigis head he loses a part of his collision detection making me able to push him into a wall, it looked really humorous especially cause he's stuck sitting in fear as the game doesn't realize Luigi is right next to him,so toad is pretty much a ghost, who's in another castle now? Too bad it makes it impossible to beat the mission so I had to restart from the beginning.

Years
  • I accidentally entered the Kennel World in Link's Awakening DX once. I completely freaked out and ran around like crazy.

Uh, that wasn't supposed to happen.

It was terrifying.

Years
  • I've watched some speedruns of Rayman 3 and it's hilarious how you can skip huge chunks of levels and even skip some boss battles entirely

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I've watched some speedruns of Rayman 3 and it's hilarious how you can skip huge chunks of levels and even skip some boss battles entirely

That actually reminds me of one in LoZ: OoT.. where you can beat it in about 5 minutes, start to finish.

As young Link, after beating Gohma, at the end of the Deku tree, you essentially just drop some bugs on the ground, do a backflip through the wall next to the door, and magically teleport to the end-game.
    Like. Seriously, the end. You get transported to the castle at the point where it's burning down and you fight your way to the bottom with Zelda.

I don't know how/if he had a bottle when he had never left the forest. I don't remember that much; I just know bugs were an important part of the recipe.. and I remember laughing when he backflipped into the future.

Back